[x] There may be more of those…things aboard the ship. Perhaps better hidden than this one. Search and destroy.

We've already seen a good fraction of what the logbook would tell us, just from the physical evidence.

We know:
  • This was not an accident. A person or people did this, with some purpose in mind.
  • There was a violent struggle on board.
  • The Russians posted a guard at the folding boat, who was cleanly shot in the forehead.
We can deduce:
  • It is unlikely that the Russians did this. A submarine and its crew is a valuable asset, especially given the naval losses they have already sustained.

I think...

I think we did this.

I think we will have to grapple with the fact that this was an action ordered by our high command, that they will take action to preserve their secrets, and that should we take possession of the captain's logbook and give it to our new reporter friend, that there will be consequences.

Last edited:
The Journal of Captain Traznik
Two days ago, journal of Captain Traznik of the Sudak​

The box was open when we arrived, and there was no sign of its occupant. We are doomed.

I have told Ivan to flee, and that I would swim for his boat when the fighting stops. I have lied, of course, I plan to see this ship sunk. It cannot be allowed to leave. But Ivan is a good man, and should not die here.

Two weeks ago

I pray to god that when he takes me I do not drown.

I still dream of the sinking of Akula. The horror my brother must have felt in his last moments. I do not show it, but Ivan knows that something is wrong. He is too kind, and I am afraid that this will get him killed when he is promoted. The war is not merciful to kind men, and neither is the Tsar.

In lighter news, the rats found another store of food. I would have Stanislav whipped, but I suspect that it was not truly his fault that they got aboard. I imagine that they are magic, for I found no holes or way for them to have entered the steel drum, nor did I find a way for them to exit, and were it not for the rat droppings I would suspect someone on the crew for a thief. Also, the rats have eaten the whip, and so I would be unable to make good on such a threat for some weeks.

When we return home I am sure the ship will be fumigated. And if that does not work I shall ask my wife for a talisman, or perhaps to hire a piper.

We are to finish our circuit of Kianida Island tomorrow, and check once more for the Boat. All looks promising, and god willing, the navy will allow us to accompany them during the attack. I would tell my children that I was there, for our first grand offensive.

Thirteen days ago

We picked up our spy after midnight. He did not have the captive I was told about but did have his cargo, an enormous wooden crate under a tarp. It was large and heavy and barely fit inside the hatch, and then only sideways. We have stuck it in the Battery for it would not fit anywhere in the ship save there and the engine room and the Agent refused to let us store it in the engine room.

I imagine this is what Command found interesting enough to risk our ship, but the Agent has given us strict orders not to remove the tarp or look at it on pain of death.

He is an odd man and refuses to give a name save for his royal writ, and so we have all taken to mocking him behind his back. I refer to him as The Agent primarily because I have little else to call him.

We will be in the Crimea within two days, and then his odd mannerisms and grandiose threats will be a tale to tell while drunk and bored

Eleven days ago

We came into sight of Kianida's northern coast after dawn. I had words with Ivan and Ruslan, but all of the instruments claim we were heading the right way and I cannot fault them for believing in the compass. The Agent claims that his cargo should not affect navigation, I do not know if I believe him.

By nightfall, we had arrived at Kianida for the third time.

Tensions are high among the crew, and there have been whisperings about the Agent serving the Turk or some demon being in the cage. The rats, additionally, seem to enjoy his presence.

I found this suspicious at first, they have apparently stolen his cigars and so I suppose either he is as human as the rest of us, or our magic rats are better judges of character than I had assumed. They have also stolen my lighter, but I do not begrudge them this for it was a cheap and sickly thing. I wish only that I knew how they did it.

Nine days ago

I have ordered Ivan to ignore the instruments. We are to orient ourselves north from Kianida, and then pretend they do not exist. It will lengthen our journey, and is risky, but I suspect it is the only way we will complete our mission.

I have not seen the rats of late. Perhaps they are celebrating the success of their work. I am curious as to if magic rats enjoy smoking. Ivan says that they are clearly good Russian rats, and has suggested leaving out a saucer of alcohol for them, as a show of good faith.

Eight days ago

Word on the radio. A battle at Novorossiysk, we have lost, and the Turkish army has escaped Krasnodar Krai. I do not know how many of my fellows have perished, and many of the crew fear that they have lost family.

Additionally, one man has commited suicide and another is dead.

The Agent shot Stanislav, who threw the tarp off of the crate and attempted to open it in front of the crew. Revealing it for a large wooden box wrapped tightly with chains and locks, with small airholes. I did not see it, but the men say they heard breathing from within, and scratching, and laughter. Now I hear it, paranoia perhaps, at the edge of my hearing, laughter and the scrabbling of rats.

George was the suicide. He had poured rat poison into his tea, and died horribly as a result. His wife was at Novorossiysk, and some dark part of my heart hopes that she died quickly, that I will not have to give her this news. Ruslan blames the Agent, and I agree.

Five days ago

I have shot the Agent. He is a witch or a devil and has brought this upon us. Eight men dead, four missing. A corpse devoured by rats within hours as we prepared it for burial. I suspect that they reached the missing before we did.

I have taken to shooting the rats. They have changed, I swear it, but I cannot place how. I think they follow me in the night, I think they drove Yaromir to suicide. I think they are laughing at me. But the men think I simply have taken to hating the things, which they sympathize with.

Four days ago

It attacked during breakfast. We opened a drum for rations and it leapt out and killed Vlad and broke my arm before it fell. It was built from parts of the dead, those who the rats got, who we did not find. I do not know how many more are aboard. I do not know where they could be. Nearly half the crew is dead, and we have not seen shore in some days.

We have found one since then, and another assaulted the control room, killed two men and caused untold havoc before we put it down. I have ordered all the corpses, and any man who dies, to be thrown overboard. We have ceded the lower deck and the Box to the monsters and the rats.

Three days ago

We found one dismantling a torpedo, and killed it before it saw us. It was a victory, and told us that they now how to fire a gun, but turned sour soon. Ruslan went mad while manning the wheel. I was asleep, but Ivan says he began to spasm, and attempted to shoot Iouann but was disarmed and thrown into a bulkhead. Then he began to convulse on the floor and claw at his own back. They removed his shirt, thinking perhaps it was exhaustion or some madness, and found one of those Things attached to his back. A brain in a mass of fat and bone, teeth digging into Ruslan's spine. They killed it, but Ruslan did not survive.

I dream of the Agent's death, now, for it was Ruslan who first suggested to me that he was a devil and not a man.

We do not know how long it was there, but we have searched all the others and found no similar things. We will all die if this continues, and whatever is doing this will take our ship to Russia or Kianida or wherever it wishes. Tomorrow I will take ten men and assault the lower decks, we will kill whatever is in the box, come what may. I believe it may be our only hope.

Last edited:
aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

fug

okay so...good news it- i mean. it doesn't seem to be directly infectious but rather some kind of psychological hazard that presses people to the brink and then cannibalizes their bodies for monsters. we know it's heavily associated with rats and that it needs, like, hard access to someone to bodyjack them like with the fuckin' brain. we know that the russians were planning a large offensive before Novorossiysk and the fighting at Krasnodar (which Oziri was at until recently), it's possible that that's still on the books or it might have been badly derailed. and we know that whatever was in the box got out. we know it very possibly deliberately allowed itself to be captured and that whatever it is is sadistic and deeply malicious. malignant maybe.

at least one sailor escaped, the thing in the box might have escaped on the boat with him or left when the ship rammed ashore. i'm thinking more the latter than the former, if it was already gone it wouldn't have needed to make the captain-monster to get them to the beach.

kinda reads like a vampire honestly, strong dracula vibes. coming ashore on a plague ship full of dead men.

aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

fug

okay so...good news it- i mean. it doesn't seem to be directly infectious but rather some kind of psychological hazard that presses people to the brink and then cannibalizes their bodies for monsters. we know it's heavily associated with rats and that it needs, like, hard access to someone to bodyjack them like with the fuckin' brain. we know that the russians were planning a large offensive before Novorossiysk and the fighting at Krasnodar (which Oziri was at until recently), it's possible that that's still on the books or it might have been badly derailed. and we know that whatever was in the box got out. we know it very possibly deliberately allowed itself to be captured and that whatever it is is sadistic and deeply malicious. malignant maybe.

at least one sailor escaped, the thing in the box might have escaped on the boat with him or left when the ship rammed ashore. i'm thinking more the latter than the former, if it was already gone it wouldn't have needed to make the captain-monster to get them to the beach.

kinda reads like a vampire honestly, strong dracula vibes. coming ashore on a plague ship full of dead men.

The fact that they couldn't leave Kianida is interesting. Artifact of the psychological effects on the navigators, or something magical?

Two days ago, journal of Captain Traznik of the Sudak​

The box was open when we arrived, and there was no sign of its occupant. We are doomed.

I have told Ivan to flee, and that I would swim for his boat when the fighting stops. I have lied, of course, I plan to see this ship sunk. It cannot be allowed to leave. But Ivan is a good man, and should not die here.

Two weeks ago

I pray to god that when he takes me I do not drown.

I still dream of the sinking of Akula. The horror my brother must have felt in his last moments. I do not show it, but Ivan knows that something is wrong. He is too kind, and I am afraid that this will get him killed when he is promoted. The war is not merciful to kind men, and neither is the Tsar.

In lighter news, the rats found another store of food. I would have Stanislav whipped, but I suspect that it was not truly his fault that they got aboard. I imagine that they are magic, for I found no holes or way for them to have entered the steel drum, nor did I find a way for them to exit, and were it not for the rat droppings I would suspect someone on the crew for a thief. Also, the rats have eaten the whip, and so I would be unable to make good on such a threat for some weeks.

When we return home I am sure the ship will be fumigated. And if that does not work I shall ask my wife for a talisman, or perhaps to hire a piper.

We are to finish our circuit of Kianida Island tomorrow, and check once more for the Boat. All looks promising, and god willing, the navy will allow us to accompany them during the attack. I would tell my children that I was there, for our first grand offensive.

Thirteen days ago

We picked up our spy after midnight. He did not have the captive I was told about but did have his cargo, an enormous wooden crate under a tarp. It was large and heavy and barely fit inside the hatch, and then only sideways. We have stuck it in the Battery for it would not fit anywhere in the ship save there and the engine room and the Agent refused to let us store it in the engine room.

I imagine this is what Command found interesting enough to risk our ship, but the Agent has given us strict orders not to remove the tarp or look at it on pain of death.

He is an odd man and refuses to give a name save for his royal writ, and so we have all taken to mocking him behind his back. I refer to him as The Agent primarily because I have little else to call him.

We will be in the Crimea within two days, and then his odd mannerisms and grandiose threats will be a tale to tell while drunk and bored

Eleven days ago

We came into sight of Kianida's northern coast after dawn. I had words with Ivan and Ruslan, but all of the instruments claim we were heading the right way and I cannot fault them for believing in the compass. The Agent claims that his cargo should not affect navigation, I do not know if I believe him.

By nightfall, we had arrived at Kianida for the third time.

Tensions are high among the crew, and there have been whisperings about the Agent serving the Turk or some demon being in the cage. The rats, additionally, seem to enjoy his presence.

I found this suspicious at first, they have apparently stolen his cigars and so I suppose either he is as human as the rest of us, or our magic rats are better judges of character than I had assumed. They have also stolen my lighter, but I do not begrudge them this for it was a cheap and sickly thing. I wish only that I knew how they did it.

Nine days ago

I have ordered Ivan to ignore the instruments. We are to orient ourselves north from Kianida, and then pretend they do not exist. It will lengthen our journey, and is risky, but I suspect it is the only way we will complete our mission.

I have not seen the rats of late. Perhaps they are celebrating the success of their work. I am curious as to if magic rats enjoy smoking. Ivan says that they are clearly good Russian rats, and has suggested leaving out a saucer of alcohol for them, as a show of good faith.

Eight days ago

Word on the radio. A battle at Novorossiysk, we have lost, and the Turkish army has escaped Krasnodar Krai. I do not know how many of my fellows have perished, and many of the crew fear that they have lost family.

Additionally, one man has commited suicide and another is dead.

The Agent shot Stanislav, who threw the tarp off of the crate and attempted to open it in front of the crew. Revealing it for a large wooden box wrapped tightly with chains and locks, with small airholes. I did not see it, but the men say they heard breathing from within, and scratching, and laughter. Now I hear it, paranoia perhaps, at the edge of my hearing, laughter and the scrabbling of rats.

George was the suicide. He had poured rat poison into his tea, and died horribly as a result. His wife was at Novorossiysk, and some dark part of my heart hopes that she died quickly, that I will not have to give her this news. Ruslan blames the Agent, and I agree.

Five days ago

I have shot the Agent. He is a witch or a devil and has brought this upon us. Eight men dead, four missing. A corpse devoured by rats within hours as we prepared it for burial. I suspect that they reached the missing before we did.

I have taken to shooting the rats. They have changed, I swear it, but I cannot place how. I think they follow me in the night, I think they drove Yaromir to suicide. I think they are laughing at me. But the men think I simply have taken to hating the things, which they sympathize with.

Four days ago

It attacked during breakfast. We opened a drum for rations and it leapt out and killed Vlad and broke my arm before it fell. It was built from parts of the dead, those who the rats got, who we did not find. I do not know how many more are aboard. I do not know where they could be. Nearly half the crew is dead, and we have not seen shore in some days.

We have found one since then, and another assaulted the control room, killed two men and caused untold havoc before we put it down. I have ordered all the corpses, and any man who dies, to be thrown overboard. We have ceded the lower deck and the Box to the monsters and the rats.

Three days ago

We found one dismantling a torpedo, and killed it before it saw us. It was a victory, and told us that they now how to fire a gun, but turned sour soon. Ruslan went mad while manning the wheel. I was asleep, but Ivan says he began to spasm, and attempted to shoot Iouann but was disarmed and thrown into a bulkhead. Then he began to convulse on the floor and claw at his own back. They removed his shirt, thinking perhaps it was exhaustion or some madness, and found one of those Things attached to his back. A brain in a mass of fat and bone, teeth digging into Ruslan's spine. They killed it, but Ruslan did not survive.

I dream of the Agent's death, now, for it was Ruslan who first suggested to me that he was a devil and not a man.

We do not know how long it was there, but we have searched all the others and found no similar things. We will all die if this continues, and whatever is doing this will take our ship to Russia or Kianida or wherever it wishes. Tomorrow I will take ten men and assault the lower decks, we will kill whatever is in the box, come what may. I believe it may be our only hope.

Why are you like this

Oh god why

I suggest we get out of this boat ASAP and then set fire to it. I mean, I was already going to suggest that but now I'm even more convinced we should set fire to the boat.

And obviously check everyone for fucking brain parasites once we get off. I imagine those things would probably only attack people that they can catch alone or asleep, but fuuuuuck.

Thank the fucking gods we looked for the journal.

You motion a thanks to Elazar and he moves to the next hatch while you jump in to check out the corpse.

He's right about one thing. It's pretty bad. The room smells of death and rot. Blood has pooled around the corpse of the Russian sailor who has fallen messily onto the floor. He's missing an arm and his pistol, and a service carbine lies clutched in his other hand, while a single, neat bullet hole is in the center of his forehead. Mehmet comes in after you and promptly double takes, not at you and not at the corpse, but instead at an empty section of the room.

"There's supposed to be a boat there," he says, "A foldable. To board ships."

Welp fuck looks like Ivan didn't get off the sub

Oh god why

I suggest we get out of this boat ASAP and then set fire to it. I mean, I was already going to suggest that but now I'm even more convinced we should set fire to the boat.

And obviously check everyone for fucking brain parasites once we get off. I imagine those things would probably only attack people that they can catch alone or asleep, but fuuuuuck.

Thank the fucking gods we looked for the journal.

Welp fuck looks like Ivan didn't get off the sub

Here's what concerns me. If Ivan didn't get off the boat, then who did?

Goddamnit this is why i avoid horror.

We need a good imam to cleanse this boat. And then destroy it. I'd suggest my dad to cleanse the boat but but he's 1) an anglican priest and 2) he won't be born for another 30 years, let alone be in any way prepared to do an exorcism until at least the mid 80s.

Goddamnit this is why i avoid horror.

We need a good imam to cleanse this boat. And then destroy it. I'd suggest my dad to cleanse the boat but but he's 1) an anglican priest and 2) he won't be born for another 30 years, let alone be in any way prepared to do an exorcism until at least the mid 80s.
More than likely whoever brought the box on the sub

Or whatever was in the box

The Agent, perhaps? The rats devoured his corpse whole before the crew could bury it, and we know that whatever they eat doesn't get lost.
we know it's heavily associated with rats
Here is what I don't get. The rats were present on the ship before they have collected the spy with the box. Why were they on the ship in the first place?

On an unrelated note, why did they steal the cigars and a lighter? I swear, of all the things in the update this bothers me the most. :confused:

Last edited:
Here is what I don't get. The rats were present on the ship before they have collected the spy with the box. Why were they on the ship in the first place?

Because vermin have an annoying tendency to get into places they shouldn't. How did the rats get onboard the sub? If anyone knew, they wouldn't have gotten onboard in the first place.

Hmm. It seems the containment measures were never really effective in the first place; the thing in the box was probably already subverting the rats to bring it the cigars and lighter, from the looks of it.

Granted, as long as it could only affect the rats it was severely limited in how much damage it could do, but once it got access to human corpses shit deteriorated fast.

> Dracula

Haha, there's no way that's who we're dealing with here. I mean, it's not like we're anywhere close to Wallachia. Kianida is located off the coast of Bulgaria, which is a completely different place! :whistle:

And even if it was somehow Dracula, I'm sure he would have absolutely no reason to hate us in particular, even though we're ... Ottoman ... soldiers.

...Fuck.

Last edited:
Because vermin have an annoying tendency to get into places they shouldn't. How did the rats get onboard the sub? If anyone knew, they wouldn't have gotten onboard in the first place.

Hmm. It seems the containment measures were never really effective in the first place; the thing in the box was probably already subverting the rats to bring it the cigars and lighter, from the looks of it.

Granted, as long as it could only affect the rats it was severely limited in how much damage it could do, but once it got access to human corpses shit deteriorated fast.

I think we kinda have to assume that the Thing in the Box wanted to be caught, 'cause it's pretty dang unlikely that any Russian agent acting with whatever clandestine resources they had could capture a monster like this. For one: it probably doesn't actually need to breathe so why the air holes? For another, while it was definitely a psychological hazard we have no reason to believe that the Agent had a way of protecting himself, negating it, or wasn't, in fact, in a Rensfield kinda situation.

So the question then becomes "why" and if it is Spooky Vlad is it a "fuck Ottomans in general" kinda thing or is there something he wants in particular here.

6. Journal
The horror and revulsion subsides, replaced by a dull horror and a rising sense of familiarity. That gore and horror and mutilated corpses are more familiar than you would like, now that the thing is dead. That you have killed things like this before, and killed things like its victims before, and they have killed those you love, and that there is an order to the endless slaughter.

And the first order of the slaughter is simple, 'Know your enemy'.

"The captain's logbook," you say, "We need to find it." There is a blank glance from your makeshift squad, so you continue. "We don't know what happened here, what caused this," you explain, "The ship's logbook will have some sort of record of the journey. We need it."

"Got it, sir," says Hamza, "We'll find it." The others nod in recognition, and you begin to search the command room, covering each other as you climb into the conning tower, cut away the flesh and vivisected eyes connecting the abominable corpse to the periscope. Pull grasping tongues away from steering wheels and emergency valves. And ten minutes later, as rats scurry out of the shadows and away from the carnage, you decide that if the logbook is intact it isn't here.

The officer's cabin is next. Gunfire and dread whistling, as well as yells of fear and surprise echo through the cramped halls of the submarine as you re-enter. You order your men to fan out, Ali Ahmed and Arslan stand guard, while you and the others rip through the room.

Hamza finds it. As the rest of you rifle through drawers and clothing and shattered mirrors he puts a smugglers mind to work. A lifetime of experience knowing where you would keep personal effects and things best kept hidden. He rips the mattress from a med, paws about at the baseboard, and pries open a hidden drawer. Inside, a picture of a family at home, a bottle of alcohol, and a large logbook, with loose pages protruding from it. He holds it up victoriously, grinning his oily grin.

"Rumi, look it over. Is this our book?," you ask.

He leafs it through, talking as he reads. "The book is the ship log it is, uh," he starts, "Captain Traznik's. Of the Sudak." He looks up to you, a slight smile in his eyes, "It's our book, captain. I, well, the book is the ship logs I think the loose pages are a personal journal? He must have them bound at shore. I think the last-"

It is less horrific this time.

Metal tears and wood splinters. Steam whistles through unnatural windpipes and gunfire echoes through the submarine. You snap upwards and back, away from the sound and pulling Mehmet with you. The others follow, but Ali drops his gun in the rush.

And then it rips through the floor, punching straight through the bed, obliterating the secret compartment as it pulls its bleeding torso through the rent in the steel. Its top half looks almost human, save for the horrific things that have happened to its skull and the beady rat-eyes that protrude from its skin. But below the navel it torso shifts seamlessly with a horrific mass of legs and intestines and wires. An acid drips from the wounds in its bottom half, pitting wood and metal where it falls, and you can see little arcs of electricity between the wires and nearby steel.

You shoot it, it leaps at you, ignoring the buckshot ripping through its shoulder. It knocks you flat, sends your shotgun flying, a shrill, whistling battlecry in its throat. Its bulk crushing you, acid stinging at your legs as you try to push it off, to get enough space to draw a weapon. It bites at your head, but its teeth simply scrape against your helmet.

Suddenly the weight lifts, shifts, as Arslan kicks it free. It rises, you draw your pistol and shoot it through one knee, but as that leg gives half a dozen more take up the slack. Arslan shoots it in the chest. And then there is the erratic drumbeat of Ali Ahmed's light machinegun as he riddles it with bullets. Opens fire and doesn't stop once it stops moving, doesn't stop until his gun jams and spontaneously ejects a half-full magazine.

You draw your kilij and cut its head off.

You give the adrenaline a moment to subside and catch your breath. Mouth along the words as Ali says a prayer for the deceased. You're lucky, the acid did not do much besides hurt, Arslan intervened before you were actually injured, and Ali's machine gun was kind enough to jam after it was dead. So, when you are sure you're fine and you've retrieved your shotgun, you turn to Mehmet.

"We're looking for some sort of crate, sir," says Mehmet. The book is still in his hand, though he's picking up dropped pages from the floor, "Last entry was two days ago, but I think it's in the battery room."

"You were reading during the firefight?" asks Ali Ahmed.

"I put down my gun!" protests Mehmet, "It was very quick!"

"That's not better."

You step over the corpse as they squabble, and find yourself peering down the hole into the battery compartment. The rest of First Squad is stands over the corpse of another of the things, guns leveled at the hole in the roof. Bahadir looks at you with that intimidating glare he always has, and then Hamza comes over and stands next to you and it slowly melts into a relieved smile and a kind wave.

"Any wounded, Cavus?" you ask.

"I stubbed my toe on a corpse," complains Faysal, "You gonna be up there till Dhuhr, Mulazim?"

You roll your eyes. "Hold a second, we'll be with you presently," you say. He smiles and motions for his men to step back, Hamza gives you some space, and you drop cleanly into the gap. The rest of your men drop more cautiously and one, an Ifrit from Fourth Squad named Nabil, ends up hanging from his fingertips, half-panicked, and needs help to be lowered to the floor.

You tell Faysal about the thing in the conning tower and the captain's journal, and what little that Mehmet has translated so far. He tells you of monsters in the torpedos, and these things guarding the battery rooms, charging lightbulbs and circuitry with the wires protruding from their twisted guts.

And then you join forces and move on, looking for the crate. Hoping it might explain something of what happened here. What caused this.

In the next part of the battery room you find the crate.

It is twice as long as a man, and half as high. Black and imposing, the chains that held it close falling loosely around its sides. The top has been pried off and thrown against a nearby wall, and while the room is devoid of bodies the walls are covered with blood and bulletmarks. You approach slowly, shotgun raised like a ward, like the protective verses of Surat al-Nas. Faysal and all the men you have with you backing you up. You creep closer, closer, peering cautiously over the edge.

It is empty save for the mangled remains of men and rats resting atop a thin layer of straw bedding. Limbs and muscles and organs pulled away for the nefarious designs of whoever, whatever, was responsible for this. And, in one corner, covered by innards and buried by straw, a half-disassembled cigarette lighter a small pile of mechanical parts, and a bloody, metal shiv.

You hear a series of salaams behind you and you rise. Elazar and the Bazouks have entered the battery room. The Nefers talk to each other and keep watch, while Elazar speaks to you and Faysal about what they found. Nothing dangerous, but another of those abominations in the engine room. An enormous thing that had replaced many parts of the engine, driving pistons and turning dynamos when they arrived. The rent, too, is there. He thinks it wasn't explosives, instead a rock it scraped against when the submarine beached itself.

And with your initial sweep done you are left to ponder your next move. And your eventual plan for the logbook.

What are you planning to do with the logbook
[ ] Turn over the logbook and journal pages to command, they need all of the information.
[ ] Command will seal these and Allah knows when you'll learn the information within. Nevermind anything else they've learned. The logbook must be handed over, of course, but your report need not mention journal pages.

Next Step?
[ ] Count corpses. These things were all made of people and machines and rats, these things each have a brain. The ship had a crew of fifty. Use the journal and the monsters, figure out how many human corpses are missing. How many more monsters might be out there.
[ ] Regroup outside. Get the platoon together and form a perimeter to make sure no-one accidentally stumbles on this mess and none of these creatures manage to slip out.
[ ] Investigate the submarine more thoroughly. You don't want any further surprises once you've declared the area secure.

Last edited:
[X] Command will seal these and Allah knows when you'll learn the information within. Nevermind anything else they've learned. The logbook must be handed over, of course, but your report need not mention journal pages.
[X] Count corpses. These things were all made of people and machines and rats, these things each have a brain. The ship had a crew of fifty. Use the journal and the monsters, figure out how many human corpses are missing. How many more monsters might be out there.

[X] Command will seal these and Allah knows when you'll learn the information within. Nevermind anything else they've learned. The logbook must be handed over, of course, but your report need not mention journal pages.
[X] Regroup outside. Get the platoon together and form a perimeter to make sure no-one accidentally stumbles on this mess and none of these creatures manage to slip out.

*SMASHES the Quarantine button*

We dont have enough fire so this is what we have to make do with.

Back