Hybrid Hive: Eat Shard? (Worm/MGLN) (Complete)

i think it'd be much more interesting for her to wake up on board a Culture GSV… imagine this Taylor meeting someone she doesn't instantly outclass in every way… imagine a Culture Mind meeting a human that can actually keep up with them, mentally….

Last edited:
With one clone sent on an axis into a no (naturally occurring)mana section of the multiverse, the other clearly needs to end up in a setting with plenty of magic(or any supernatural powers given you can justify them as being a different type mana manipulation method), some options include Black Clover, Fairy Tail, HunterXHunter, and That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime.
Personally, I expect that if it is just as a quick run through with key plot derailing and noteworthy events being covered like the recent New Game+ chapters, Fairy Tail would probably work best out of these options.

I find myself wondering how she'd react if she ended up in the MCU - especially finding out about the Raft. Other people have conniptions over a blatantly illegal American prison in international waters, while she has memories of the Birdcage. (When the prison in the MCU has the MFing US Secretary of State as the Warden, it's an Amercian prison, set somewhere that the US can say "Screw you" if someone talks about civil liberties.)

Or maybe this one gets tossed into 40k. Just to see how she handles the Immaterium.
I suspect that within a year at the outside the Chaos Gods and the Tyranids will have been "Befriended", the Emperor will have been healed, the Necrons restored to proper bodies (for those who want it with the rest just quietly disappearing) and absolutely everyone else swearing fealty to their new Omnissiah whom even the freaking God Emperor of Mankind fears/respects/probably has a massive crush on.

With one clone sent on an axis into a no (naturally occurring)mana section of the multiverse, the other clearly needs to end up in a setting with plenty of magic(or any supernatural powers given you can justify them as being a different type mana manipulation method), some options include Black Clover, Fairy Tail, HunterXHunter, and That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime.
Personally, I expect that if it is just as a quick run through with key plot derailing and noteworthy events being covered like the recent New Game+ chapters, Fairy Tail would probably work best out of these options.
Oh, this Taylor in the Slayers universes could be interesting. Sure, we only know anything about Ruby Eyed Shabranigdo's and Dark Star's worlds, but there are at minimum two others to play with as well, with Deep Blue and Death Fog. Not to mention their Dragon God equivalents and the Lord of Nightmares her(?)self.

I just had an even better idea for where the other Taylor could end up: Rising of the Shield Hero. Just imagine that this copy of Taylor gets mixed up in the summoning ritual and becomes the Shield Heroine. Waves of Calamity? What Waves of Calamity? She'd be so OP from the very get go that she could solo any wave and with her advanced sensory and movement capabilities she wouldn't need the Dragon Hourglasses to tell her where and when a wave is so she'd be at all of them, racking up EXP since the other three aren't exactly competent. I suspect she might throw them a bone or two if they prove interesting or competent though.

I just had an even better idea for where the other Taylor could end up: Rising of the Shield Hero. Just imagine that this copy of Taylor gets mixed up in the summoning ritual and becomes the Shield Heroine. Waves of Calamity? What Waves of Calamity? She'd be so OP from the very get go that she could solo any wave and with her advanced sensory and movement capabilities she wouldn't need the Dragon Hourglasses to tell her where and when a wave is so she'd be at all of them, racking up EXP since the other three aren't exactly competent. I suspect she might throw them a bone or two if they prove interesting or competent though.
Would the Shield count as a Device? Would we get a scene of Taylor occupying a room somewhere with the internals of the Shield spread all around her? Also, how would the Shield react to Core, since each Taylor got a copy of it? The Shield rejected Nafumi from even using a knife at a table, how would it react to a "weapon" that literally can't be gotten rid of?

On the subject of "Summoning" examples: Familiar of Zero.

Strong magical senses, excellent ability to teach, great at reverse-engineering magical systems? Perfect partner for Louise.
Personal magic symbol while casting is a 6-bladed snowflake? They'll be calling her "Queen Minerva" pretty quickly (Magic in FoZ is split into levels of 'point', 'line', 'triangle' and 'square' for regular mages, with Royalty being able to reach 'Pentagon' or 'Hexagon' level)
And how long until she decides to see how literal their casting-level terms are, and checks if there is any difference between "square" casting and "tetrahedron" casting?

That, and most of the plot is driven by social or political matters, rather than powerful enemies/armies that she can brute-force her way through — which makes it a better fit for CmptrWz's writing style anyway.

That, and most of the plot is driven by social or political matters, rather than powerful enemies/armies that she can brute-force her way through — which makes it a better fit for CmptrWz's writing style anyway.
This is true - there's one "army battle" plot arc, but that could be avoided mostly with not screwing up the political stuff beforehand, and the looming mega-threat in the background
(windstone deposits about to rip parts of the continent apart in the near future)
is the sort of thing she'd probably notice and deal with quietly before anyone noticed it.

Nah, she doesn't get summoned, she just happens to land in the room at the same time the others arrive during the summoning by pure coincidence.

More options would be for her to end up in Dragon Ball Z or Konosuba.

DBZ because she can easily start by kicking Vegita's and/or Nappa's ass and keep escalating even incorporating a version of 17's and 18's infinite energy devices to match up to later threats if needed, also the chance for her to teach characters how to DODGE sounds hilarious.

Konosuba because her landing in the village of Crimson Demons and eventually becoming an actual Goddess of Escalation through accidentally forming a cult could be legitimately possible given the setting.

I could imagine Taylor ending up in Dragonlance, near the beginning of Dragons of Autumn Twilight.
Giving people shields against mental manipulation would protect them from corruption by evil gods.
Giving all the draconians therapist devices and the ability to shape-and-age shift into baby dragons would be a hilarious way to end that war.

Actually, thinking about it more, the best place to drop the last duplicated Taylor would a world oh so familiar to us and resembling Nanoha's Earth. An Earth where there are no great outside threats to deal with, or homegrown supernatural enemies. An Earth where the only good option is to build a new version of the Kingdom. Our Earth, or a similar one. Maybe she could even arrive a bit early, and land at the start of Tom Clancy's The Hunt for Red October...

Drop her off in the Potterverse, where magic casually breaks its own rules on a daily basis and logic has long since been discarded in favor of madness.

Or into WarCraft, which has god-like beings and entities that even Taylor would have trouble against.

OH! She meets The Doctor and finally collides with someone with knowledge and technology she cannot easily master or replicate.

They'd destroy Taylor in an atosecond in DBZ. We're talking a universe where at one point, to set up a competition to find the most powerful to fight something,the guy setting it up would destroy the universe the person came fromif they didn't measure up. A universe where an individual regenerated from a fingernail sliver because of the intense hatred they had for a character. They destroy planets as easily as Taylor does, and DON'T need technology to do it.

They'd destroy Taylor in an atosecond in DBZ. We're talking a universe where at one point, to set up a competition to find the most powerful to fight something,the guy setting it up would destroy the universe the person came fromif they didn't measure up. A universe where an individual regenerated from a fingernail sliver because of the intense hatred they had for a character. They destroy planets as easily as Taylor does, and DON'T need technology to do it.
Nah. Taylor should be in about the same tier as the Androids, in fact, she is a cyborg already. Which does mean that assuming she doesn't instantly offend a God of Destruction or pants Zeno, or be currently in a universe that's destroyed(which goes for anyone including the Gods of Destruction), she'll be reasonably fine. And given that her first action is going to be information gathering with as little notice as possible, it's very possible she could avoid notice from everyone except maybe the angels or the Kais, and the angels would be fairly reasonable unless she did something obviously monstrous, and the Kais are more or less at the power level of the Androids.

People being able to sense energy might cause some trouble, in regards to stealth, but technology is absolutely going to scale with the lunatic martial artists and monks and gods and demons and so on.

I hadn't thought of Dragon Ball being a setting that could interact with a multiverse in a viable manner, but here we are.

Their cosmology is a bit odd, and would definitely be disconnected from the Multiverse Taylor is from, though I imagine that's a solvable problem, if anyone cares to do so.

Then they ramp up by calling on a dead Hawaiian king ... Kamehameha ... I burst out laughing the first time i realized that.

Then they ramp up by calling on a dead Hawaiian king ... Kamehameha ... I burst out laughing the first time i realized that.
I had a friend once who was a huge DBZ/DBGT fan, who didn't know that King Kamehameha existed, and thus thought the mention of him in 'Kyle's Mom Is A Bitch' was a DBZ reference.
(To be fair, I only knew about him because I'm old enough to have watched Magnum P.I. in its original run.)

For me, it was hearing it and knowing that writing it in English is simple: They shout each syllable, and I realized as they were saying it HOW it would be spelled in English, and the people I was watching it with grinned and simply said to each other "He figured it out."

Legally a prison with no way out violates the US constitution, so they would need to at least pretend such an exit actually existed.

Obviously the government didn't actually think said portals did exist, it was just an excuse for the public.

As if that matters in Worm canon. NEPEA5, the Vicare Act, and the way that NDA's are used in canon also violate the Constitution. How Wildbow handled those issues is one of several reasons I consider him an unmitigated, unsophisticated, lazy hack. He tried- badly -to emulate The Watchmen (among other superhero deconstructions), and failed rather spectacularly in my opinion. That's why I stick to Worm fanfiction; they do a better job.,

That's why I stick to Worm fanfiction; they do a better job.,
I've never read the original work and have been, repeatedly, warned not to do so as calling the author "an unmitigated, unsophisticated, lazy hack" is apparently being generous. If even half of what I've heard about his world-building skills are true then the original story must be the equivalent of a flaming dumpster filled with some of the worst toxic waste imaginable and should be avoided at basically all costs. The only thing worse IMO would be the Twilight series which I regard as being unsuitable for even use as kindling due to being simply that goddamn toxic.

I've never read the original work and have been, repeatedly, warned not to do so as calling the author "an unmitigated, unsophisticated, lazy hack" is apparently being generous. If even half of what I've heard about his world-building skills are true then the original story must be the equivalent of a flaming dumpster filled with some of the worst toxic waste imaginable and should be avoided at basically all costs. The only thing worse IMO would be the Twilight series which I regard as being unsuitable for even use as kindling due to being simply that goddamn toxic.
It's not quite that bad. WB created a great idea, with plans and events that could be awesome. That he couldn't match his worldview with equally awesome worldbuilding is a pity, but like JKR before him, Thousands of Fanfic writers are willing to take up the challenge of making his worldbuilding work. How many of them will be successful is an opinion, which will vary with every reader.

That he couldn't match his worldview with equally awesome worldbuilding is a pity.
Only a nihilist should write like a nihilist. An AU that isn't nearly as grimderp is acceptable as long as it's self-consistent and is written well, regardless of canon compliance. Wildbow's rendition of Worm is practically fanfic-tier in its own right, and especially the sequels which retcon popular characters to be more awful purely due to their popularity, so absolutely don't hold it above anyone else's.

Back