I did a google search to remind myself about the uniform they are wearing and I don't understand why the black stripes are mentioned as stripes? They look like a harness that is being worn over the uniform itself? Similar but not exactly like the type for mountain/rock climbing?
Honestly, if Taylor is saying the outfit looks a bit like fetish wear, having straps attached to it is not going to help.

Honestly, if Taylor is saying the outfit looks a bit like fetish wear, having straps attached to it is not going to help.

There is a difference between fetish wear and a climbing harness. If you look at the images in game, they look more the type of harness you would use to help lift a person up or to hold the entire body (such as when climbing mountains or doing rescues).

They've got a harness in the front around the chest and more harnesses around the thighs. And if you look at real mountain climbing harnesses, the ones around the thighs look almost exactly the same. The only difference is that the Chaldea uniform doesn't have the extra harness around the waist, which I'm assuming was left out for aesthetic reasons but is probably implied to be built into the uniform itself.

Or, as another visual reference, the harness has some similarities to the harness you would wear for a parachute. Not the emergency ones but real actual parachuting. You need all those straps to ensure the human body doesn't just break when the parachute is released. Same thing for mountain climbing.

So, no, if they specifically added this type of harness into the combat uniforms, then it is something that Taylor should be very comfortably familiar with. She had the hover/flight unit. She didn't put it on like a school backpack, she needed a full body harness. Again, to spread the forces out against her entire body and not just at the shoulders.

Taylor should never had gone with fetish wear, not when she came from Earth Bet. She would have instantly recognized the fact that there is a built in harness into the uniform itself. The existence of those harnesses means that the uniform isn't just one singular piece, it is probably multilayered with different pieces.

If the author is going to completely change the uniform, then there is no reason why the coloring was kept. If the coloring is kept, then it means the images from in game is valid. And the in game images shows there is a harness.

I never thought I'd feel bad for Shakespeare in a Fate fic
Ah, but the tragedy suffering* must be spread around! ...summon Hans too, for the sheer vitriolic commentary.

* - Not Kirei, though; as Caster!Gil was magnanimous enough to point out in LB7, betrayal by him is inevitable.

Last edited:
I never thought I'd feel bad for Shakespeare in a Fate fic

You forget it's Fate Shakespeare he loves tragedies so he probably enjoyed it. He also wants to find and observe a protagonist as they go through their journey and record it. In addition to worm and Taylor he also has the stories of the other servants like Aife to be thrilled over. That said considering he's effectively had months now especially considering as a servant he doesn't need to sleep he's probably through the material, written some stuff and will probably want to directly observe a singularity himself.

"Failing that, perhaps someone from an island nation, which doesn't narrow it down as much as we would like it to. Caribbean, Polynesian, Japanese, British, Greek — it could be any of those or none of them."

"Or Mongolian," Rika muttered. Her brother elbowed her in the side, and she shot him a glare.
I'm missing Rika's reference here.

I'm missing Rika's reference here.
The Mongol Empire twice tried to invade the Japanese Islands and their fleet was destroyed by a hurricane each time. It is where the term kamikaze (divine wind) originates.

I think Rika is just being wishfully flippant. Implying that the probable Servants may not be from a sailing culture, and could in fact be from a culture that is remembered as being terrible at sea. Or at least having terrible luck.

I'm just counting my blessings Rika didn't start talking about shipgirls, or the team'd never have climbed out of that rabbit hole.

Taylor as a Servant is pretty much on the same boat as EMIYA. Trash-tier stats (they both were peak ordinary modern-day humans), but tricksy and uncoventional strengths which she leverages ti punch outside her weight class, with the potential for trully bullshit-tier trump cards (especially if Khepri or just QA comes into play)
Most likely she has a sacrificial NP akin to Jeanne or Arash that's an auto-win button for a single fight or a limited period of time but kills her once it ends.

Most likely she has a sacrificial NP akin to Jeanne or Arash that's an auto-win button for a single fight or a limited period of time but kills her once it ends.
while she might have that, i doubt it'd be her only one or her only NP tier ability, jeanne has two for example and arash while he only has one, has got tricks that are on par with NP's, his arrow creation skill allows him to replicate atalante's np for example, just spend some time preparring and boom, 10.000 arrows rain from above with boulder shattering power.

I could see a Taylor servant that's not Khepri (probably Assassin class, representing her time as Skitter/Weaver) having an Anti-Unit NP, based on her killing of Alexandria.

Honestly I could see her being applicable to Rider Caster and Assassin though not sure on the specifics
Given how incredibly lax the requirements have become for each class I can see her being a potential fit for any of the main classes except Saber. Lancer, based on the 5 minutes she used Armsmaster's halberd, Archer because fights at ranged, Rider because Atlas, Assassin because obviously it's her most natural class, Caster because the requirements for caster are ridiculously loose and basically anyone with non-combat utility can qualify, and berserker if she was summoned as Khepri.

Last edited:
By the way, the question is — what will happen if Chaldea enter into a contract with a servant with whom they already have a contract, but in a different class? So what happens if they have a contract with Bercelot and summon/recruit a regular Lancelot?

It's just that the most logical thing that comes to my mind is:
a) At the conclusion of the contract, the saint graphs of the servants will merge together, and the servant will be able to change between his incarnations.
b) Da Vinci will come up with something that allows Chaldea to change the class of servants in order to use the heroes in the class that is most convenient for the situation.

By the way, the question is — what will happen if Chaldea enter into a contract with a servant with whom they already have a contract, but in a different class? So what happens if they have a contract with Bercelot and summon/recruit a regular Lancelot?

It's just that the most logical thing that comes to my mind is:
a) At the conclusion of the contract, the saint graphs of the servants will merge together, and the servant will be able to change between his incarnations.
b) Da Vinci will come up with something that allows Chaldea to change the class of servants in order to use the heroes in the class that is most convenient for the situation.
How do you think anyone but Shishou changes their class? Summer Sca uses runes, but Vinki probably made a machine to do the rest, with some like the Santas being changed by the Christmas spirit or whatever.

what will happen if Chaldea enter into a contract with a servant with whom they already have a contract, but in a different class?
Different Servants are different instances: Jalter from Orleans is different person from summoned one, which will be different from one in Shinjuku.
So, more to the point, they can meet Arash in Camelot while having Arash in their party, and then, theoretically, Rayshift both of them to Chaldea.

How do you think anyone but Shishou changes their class? Summer Sca uses runes, but Vinki probably made a machine to do the rest, with some like the Santas being changed by the Christmas spirit or whatever.
Some* Servants use their own Self-Modification skill to bring about the same effect... or at least similar enough.

* - Okay, more like exactly two Servants who are on the F/GO roster: B.B. and Jeanne Alter, and only them.

Nursery Cryme could presumably do it as well, but aside from Kama, Abby and Illya^, no 'child' Servants in swimsuits.

^ - Neither of the former two are actually children, with Kama just being, her-/him-self, Abby almost a teen, and Illya... 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Back