Given how incredibly lax the requirements have become for each class I can see her being a potential fit for any of the main classes except Saber. Lancer, based on the 5 minutes she used Armsmaster's halberd, Archer because fights at ranged, Rider because Atlas, Assassin because obviously it's her most natural class, Caster because the requirements for caster are ridiculously loose and basically anyone with non-combat utility can qualify, and berserker if she was summoned as Khepri.
To be fair, a lot of the weirder Class changes are because they're from the comedic yearly events like Summer, Valentines, GudaGuda, or Christmas. Summer events in particular are very guilty of these as in those pretty much anything goes with the gratuitous use of Primordial Runes, Self-Modification, Independent Manifestation, and Imperial Privilege to change Servant classes.

When you take out all of that silliness, you end up with what you might expect from Heroic Spirits. There's still certainly some oddities, like Tesla and Ishtar being Archers for some reason, but other than that it's less of a big deal in the actual canon of FGO.

To be fair, a lot of the weirder Class changes are because they're from the comedic yearly events like Summer, Valentines, GudaGuda, or Christmas. Summer events in particular are very guilty of these as in those pretty much anything goes with the gratuitous use of Primordial Runes, Self-Modification, Independent Manifestation, and Imperial Privilege to change Servant classes.
When you have things like, Medusa qualifies for Lancer because her head got cut off by a polearm! Or, how Parvati is a Lancer because her husband has a spear. Or, Shakespear qualifies for Caster because what else would he qualify for, never mind that he has 0 access to actual magic or magecraft. Even without event weirdness the qualifications for each class are low.

When you have things like, Medusa qualifies for Lancer because her head got cut off by a polearm! Or, how Parvati is a Lancer because her husband has a spear. Or, Shakespear qualifies for Caster because what else would he qualify for, never mind that he has 0 access to actual magic or magecraft. Even without event weirdness the qualifications for each class are low.
To be fair, it's not that Medusa qualifies as a Lancer because she was killed by Harpe - but rather, she was summoned as a Lancer because Gorgon was in the Singularity and the combination of the younger Medusa and Harpe was needed to take her down.

It's worth remembering that though Perseus was indeed the slayer of Medusa and the original wielder of Harpe, he only actually did it through guile tactics and so while Harpe could kill Gorgon, Perseus would still find it difficult to get close especially with Tiamat's Authorities strengthening Gorgon. But Ana? Ana had the advantage where she was Gorgon's blind spot in that Gorgon had difficulties sensing her, and she could also take over Gorgon when given the opportunity. Thus, sensing this, the Counter Force decided to summon a combination of Ana and Harpe to slay Gorgon, and as a result Medusa Lancer came to be.

As for Lancer Parvati, it's also worth remembering that Parvati herself was also an odd scenario to begin with. It was implied when she first came out that she manifested as a Sakuraface for a reason unknown to her during her debut event, and later we only found out that this was foreshadowing the Ooku Event and Kama/Mara's Beastification. To slay Kama/Mara, one needed Shiva, but Ooku placed a lot of disadvantages on males, so instead it was Parvati who was summoned with one of his weapons as a Lancer. In the process, Parvati also ended up carrying the spirit of Kasuga whose identity was crucial in taking down Kama in one fell swoop. So generally, both Servants fall under the category of "summoned as specific counters to major threats by the Counter Force" and you can see this happening for several more Servants.

Lastly, authors as Casters sounds like an odd thing, yes, but the justification there is that words and stories are ancient forms of magic on their own. With how legends are made through the written and the oral works of writers and bards, the mere act of creating and telling stories itself is a form of legend - but as you might surmise, this generally ends up with some rather specialized power sets for these author Casters. Dumas makes fakes, Andersen understands humans and aids in their development. Shakespeare retells legends and tragedies, while Scheherezade is the storyteller that defeats evil Kings.

Are these justifications weird and often times very arbitrary? Yes, they are. But they certainly have more internal sense than King Arthur slapping Excalibur on to a water gun and qualifying for an Archer class that way.

Are these justifications weird and often times very arbitrary? Yes, they are. But they certainly have more internal sense than King Arthur slapping Excalibur on to a water gun and qualifying for an Archer class that way.
That is true. However, going back to the original subject, the arguments to Taylor being any class but Saber probably good enough a justification. Like, Lancer and Caster are probably the biggest stretches, but she really did use a polearm to fight Leviathan very briefly so I can see it. And parahuman abilities are probably mystical enough to at least be on the same level of justification as the authors.

That is true. However, going back to the original subject, the arguments to Taylor being any class but Saber probably good enough a justification. Like, Lancer and Caster are probably the biggest stretches, but she really did use a polearm to fight Leviathan very briefly so I can see it. And parahuman abilities are probably mystical enough to at least be on the same level of justification as the authors.
Caster definitely. She does familiars, territory creation/control, and item creation.

Caster definitely. She does familiars, territory creation/control, and item creation.

She is a Caster masquerading as an Assassin with a Berserkers NP. But that would be a Taylor servant that covered her whole parahuman career.

Caster because of her power, the bugs and the control of the area that it gives her, and the stuff she has made with them.
But her fighting and general MO is closer to an Assassin and alot about khepri screams berserker and it makes for a good NP.

Khepri could also be Archer, Avenger, Foreigner, Alter Ego and probably Moon Cancer

Weaver would be mainly Assassin, Caster and Rider during an Event

Skitter would be Lily Archer, Assassin and Caster, with a normal Rider, Berserker, Lancer, and could be a Ruler

Yer, she can fit into alot of classes, but I was working off Taylor as a whole, and that setup works to cover her whole career.

I think that the alot of the newer servants are cherry pick parts of the persons whole story, allowing them to be put into other classes.

The Taylor I suggested was Taylor as a whole. All aspects of her story.

Grow up, everyone knows sailors are gay as hell.
My guy SV is not the place to make that kind of joke, Rule 2 has more power on this site than Mao, Stalin, Emperor Palpatine, and every single President of the US combined. Somebody'll come along and read that as "he's saying hell is fulla gays" and that's it for you there's no arguing against Rule 2.

My guy SV is not the place to make that kind of joke, Rule 2 has more power on this site than Mao, Stalin, Emperor Palpatine, and every single President of the US combined. Somebody'll come along and read that as "he's saying hell is fulla gays" and that's it for you there's no arguing against Rule 2.
*Shrug*
I think you're overdramatising.
And I'll eat that infraction if it comes to it.
I'm not as worried about someone misreading my intended as I am annoyed that someone would imply a boat of guys is going to sexually assault random people because "they haven't seen a woman in months".
I'm sure its possible for people to use nubile in a non creepy way, but I have yet to observe it in the wild.

They're probably on a slave ship or a pirate ship that has a bunch of lonely sailors who haven't seen a woman in months, and now a bunch of nubile young females just appeared on the ship.
I'd be more worried that Ritsuka and Rika would have to slowly build up a resistance to alcohol. For, if my memory serves me, on ships, due to problems with the disinfection of water, a bit of alcohol was always added to it.

Although, to be completely honest, back then it was basically impossible to have a normal meal without additional consumption of alcohol if you wanted to avoid food poisoning in a random tavern along the way or be sure that you would not be chained to the nearest ditch by eating stale provisions.

In general, it would be interesting to read the opinion of the Masters of Chaldea about what they eat in a particular era. For one moment they live among the townspeople in 15th century France, and the next they are eating with the soldiers of the Roman Empire in Gaul. The singularity does not pass, and they have already managed to visit the Emperor's court and taste the best delicacies of ancient Rome.

And because of that, it's even a pity that they summoned Emiya, which deprives them of such a unique experience.

I'd be more worried that Ritsuka and Rika would have to slowly build up a resistance to alcohol.
So long as Mash is there with them they can't get drunk, as a quirk of her contract she shares her poison resistance with her master.

Which is why in game whenever we do get drunk/poisoned she is either unable to follow us or weakened.

So long as Mash is there with them they can't get drunk, as a quirk of her contract she shares her poison resistance with her master.

Which is why in game whenever we do get drunk/poisoned she is either unable to follow us or weakened.
Well, they don't know it yet, in theory, so I'm still interested to see the final reaction to such a funny moment. Well, also to see in all this mess Taylor, who does not have such a convenient quirk of the contract.

And this, by the way, raises its own list of questions, regarding one interesting plot point from the 3rd lostbelt, but it's better to push this problem for the next years… 3 or 4, I think.

And this, by the way, raises its own list of questions, regarding one interesting plot point from the 3rd lostbelt, but it's better to push this problem for the next years… 3 or 4, I think.
Which is why I emphasized weakened, that protection is only present during the singularities, during the lostbelts she no longer has that power.

Which is why I emphasized weakened, that protection is only present during the singularities, during the lostbelts she no longer has that power.
Thanks for the clarification, but then the question, and not remind, but according to the F/GO canon, was there any practical application for this ability outside of event singularities?

Thanks for the clarification, but then the question, and not remind, but according to the F / GO canon, was there any practical application for this ability outside of event singularities? It's just that apart from the smog of London, contact with Serenity in Camelot and the sea of Tiamat, I don't remember anything particularly toxic from the threats to the Master's life.

Thanks for the clarification, but then the question, and not remind, but according to the F/GO canon, was there any practical application for this ability outside of event singularities?

Thanks for the clarification, but then the question, and not remind, but according to the F / GO canon, was there any practical application for this ability outside of event singularities? It's just that apart from the smog of London, contact with Serenity in Camelot and the sea of Tiamat, I don't remember anything particularly toxic from the threats to the Master's life.
I think the the only time it's reference is during one of the Valentine events? But no, it's mostly just a world building curiosity from the early days of FGO.

Guda, always declines alcohol when Moriarty does his bartender schtick, notably. And i think refused drink with Gilgamesh too.
I don't remember anything particularly toxic from the threats to the Master's life.
It makes interacting with Hassan of Serenity viable in general - it works in Chaldea too.
Also in Valentine event, Semiramis exploits poison immunity to taste-tase poisons. [Take a look], it's very cool scene in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back