FusionVerse - Combining All The Stories

This one's actually fairly easy

Magic from TES is Magicka, energy that comes from Aetherius and that started to pour into Mundus after Magnus and his fledging left Mundus and literally teared holes into reality, that would become the stars (the Sun in TES is a giant hole, go figure)

That's surprisingly easy to work into what we've got already. It's basically external magic or possibly dimensional magic if magic is considered something you are gifted rather than taught. Shouldn't be too hard to work it with existing magic systems either way.

This could certainly work, althought main problem it runs into certain events that happen in Tamriel are gonna affect the world no matter what, so, keep that in mind
While we probably won't be able to get every event, could you possibly list the 3 most important events in Tamriel history/the games that you believe would affect the entire world-or more specifically, the 3 events you want to see how the world reacts to. If you have to, you can go upto 5, but please no more than that.

Which is basically what I explained earlier

TES can only be really worked in if all the metaphysical stuff and myths and whatnot are taken away, which allows for much more freedom

But at the same time, that's taking away what makes TES unique compared to other fantasy settings, and without it it just feels like another Tolkien or DnD expy.

Which I personally I don't like. If you decide to go that route, okay, no problem. And I will still be here for input and the like. But I won't really be ok with it.
Thank you for your assistance so far, it's been really helpful having someone so knowledgable about the setting and more importantly cares about the Elder Scrolls. While I'm not going to lie and say we'll be able to get every part of the Elder Scrolls myths/metaphysical stuff in Fusionverse, I think we should try to get as much of the stuff you find fun/interesting as we can in it, without causing the entire setting to implode. There may have to be some compromises, some swapping of characters so different settings can get involved, but we'll workshop it together. Sounds fair? :)

That's surprisingly easy to work into what we've got already. It's basically external magic or possibly dimensional magic if magic is considered something you are gifted rather than taught. Shouldn't be too hard to work it with existing magic systems either way.

I think Magic in TES is taught, thought. Every run in the mill has the potential to do magic, as Magicka surrounds all of Nirn.

While we probably won't be able to get every event, could you possibly list the 3 most important events in Tamriel history/the games that you believe would affect the entire world-or more specifically, the 3 events you want to see how the world reacts to. If you have to, you can go upto 5, but please no more than that.

With 5 in mind:

- The Dwemer's dissapereance
- The fall and return of the Dragons
- Oblivion Crisis
- The main thing that happens in ESO, with Molag Bal
- Would say the plot from Morrowind

Thank you for your assistance so far, it's been really helpful having someone so knowledgable about the setting and more importantly cares about the Elder Scrolls. While I'm not going to lie and say we'll be able to get every part of the Elder Scrolls myths/metaphysical stuff in Fusionverse, I think we should try to get as much of the stuff you find fun/interesting as we can in it, without causing the entire setting to implode. There may have to be some compromises, some swapping of characters so different settings can get involved, but we'll workshop it together. Sounds fair? :)

I think the Daedric Princes, Nine Divines and maybe some stuff from the whole CHIM/Amaranth stuff could be kept, althought reworked to fit a new verse

I think Magic in TES is taught, thought. Every run in the mill has the potential to do magic, as Magicka surrounds all of Nirn.

Nirn is the name for the planet of Elder Scrolls right? Regardless, we can make that magic system work. We'll say it's easier to do magic on Tamriel than on the rest of Fusionverse Earth because there's so much Mana/Magicka there, but it's still a taught magic style.

With 5 in mind:

- The Dwemer's dissapereance
- The fall and return of the Dragons
- Oblivion Crisis
- The main thing that happens in ESO, with Molag Bal
- Would say the plot from Morrowind
I wish you had given me links to this stuff. I'll do the research in my own time then, to find out what most of this stuff is.

Also really the entire plot of Morrowind? Doesn't that change based on the player's actions or is the ending more linear?
I think the Daedric Princes, Nine Divines and maybe some stuff from the whole CHIM/Amaranth stuff could be kept, althought reworked to fit a new verse
Why so keen on the CHIM everything is a dream thing? Why is that such an exciting aspect for you? Or is there something I'm missing? I'm not saying no, I'm just trying to understand the appeak

I'll look up the Daedric Princes and Nine Divines stuff.

Also really the entire plot of Morrowind? Doesn't that change based on the player's actions or is the ending more linear?

Been a long time since I played Morrowind, but it's basically the rise of some ancient God using the Heart of Lorkhan (one of the most powerful deities of the setting) to return to Tamriel and conquer and stuff

I wish you had given me links to this stuff. I'll do the research in my own time then, to find out what most of this stuff is.

r/teslore is the best place to start reading into the TES lore and mythos. Here's their FAQ

reddit: the front page of the internet

And from there on, you can search for stuff on the Nine Divines, the Daedric Princes and the origin of Mundus, which heavily features the aforementioned Lorkhan

Why so keen on the CHIM everything is a dream thing? Why is that such an exciting aspect for you? Or is there something I'm missing? I'm not saying no, I'm just trying to understand the appeak

It's key to certain very important characters both from game and lore, like Vivec or Tiber Septim, and is honestly one of the most unique aspects of the TES lore, which is why I think could work

Ok done a bit of reading of the stuff and have some ideas. Tell me what you think before I go further on @ManuJM1997 :

1. The Dwemer's dissapereance-The whole Heart of Lorkhan has a lot of similarities to the punishment of Prometheus so makes a fair substitute for that story. As for the Dwemer, since they are referred to as Dwarves, do we want to state that all Dwarves are gone in this setting? Or do we want to make it that other Dwaves from other settings (Warcraft, Pathfinder, LOTR) who aren't from Tamriel still exist? Maybe they try and research the ruins of the Dwemer to figure out what happened, or perhaps a way to undo it?

2. Dragons. The Dragons from Elder Scrolls are very different from many kinds of Dragons, for example the whole immortality/no breeding thing. Since the Elder Scrolls dragons went to Tamriel from Akavir (Kingdom of Beasts), perhaps the dragons who stayed behind* sort of devolved. Some retained intelligence but became mortal like the ones from Eragon who can breed, while others became violent non-talking animals like in Dragon Slayer, and others still interbred with humans making hybrid species like Firebreather or The American Dragon Jake Long.

Anyway how does that work for you so far?

*I say stayed behind, but the wiki mentions that after the Dragons were mostly killed during the dragon War, some flew away from Tamriel, so it's possible these dragons became, or were the ancestors of, dragons like Smaug from Lord of the Ring but without a lot of his magic because they weren't on Tamriel anymore.

As for the return of Alduin, that could be a cool historical event, where him bringing back the dragons caused him to invade most of the world, basically doing the Reign of Fire take over the world thing except the dragons are organised. Then everyone (even some good dragons) fight against Alduin and his evil dragons. I don't know whether or not you want a Dragonborn or not given they are customisable based on who the player is in the game. Maybe there's a character or half-dragon from some other setting who can play the role of The Dragonborn/Dovahkiin, I'm open to suggestions.

3. Oblivion Crisis-Ok so from what I understand this was an attempt by a Daedric Prince to rip a whole through dimensions and bring their ream of Oblivion to the mortal plane right? The King and his heirs were slain to let this happen right? Well in the game the Player needs to find the heir to close the Oblivion Gates and wield the Amulet of Kings. What about in the Fusionverse, the heir is not on Tamriel? What if he's left, or the heir had a child with someone not from Tamriel and went to somewhere else on the planet? Which means someone has to leave Tamriel and go find this lost heir to save Tamriel and the entire world? That turns into a hunt for this lost heir that can take them across the entire Fusionverse, while being chased by whatever monsters and assassins Mankar Camoran can send after them. This could be set in the 70s or 80s or even earlier like World War 1, make it a period adventure! This could be the adventure that makes the world aware that the lost magical continent of Tamriel exists! What do you think?

4. Haven't really had time to look through the Elder Scrolls Online plot, but Molag Bal is god of Vampires right? Maybe he's got a connection to Dracula, or any of the vampires that exist in these settings, like the Blade movies/comics or Vampire-D. What are your thoughts? Any ideas come to mind here?

5. You're not exactly selling me on why the entire Morrowind plot is so important to the entire world. It sounds like something that happens on Tamriel and doesn't really need to affect the rest of the world. I haven't read the plot so maybe there's something I'm missing. What's so world shaking important about what happens here?

@5elementsage Since we can't use Wonder Woman's Greek Mythology backstory, maybe she comes from Tamriel? @ManuJM1997 is there anything in Elder Scrolls that could explain Wonder Woman's powers or be a substitute of her origins? An artifact, or spell, or special species?

Last edited:
1. The Dwemer's dissapereance-The whole Heart of Lorkhan has a lot of similarities to the punishment of Prometheus so makes a fair substitute for that story. As for the Dwemer, since they are referred to as Dwarves, do we want to state that all Dwarves are gone in this setting? Or do we want to make it that other Dwaves from other settings (Warcraft, Pathfinder, LOTR) who aren't from Tamriel still exist? Maybe they try and research the ruins of the Dwemer to figure out what happened, or perhaps a way to undo it?

The name of Dwarves comes from their interactions with the giants from whome's perspective, yeah, they were dwarves

But they most likely were normal height, and were actually elves, so can't really be mixed with the other dwarves

Also, the thing with the Dwemer's dissapereance actually has a lot to do with the Amaranth, the Dream etc

Basically, the Dwemer were experts in tonal magic, a kind of magic that allows the user to manipulate ''the song of Creation'' aka being able to manipulate the sounds that compose reality, and as such, modify reality to a whim. The Dragon's Thu'um is just another way of this kind of magic

And in their deeper and deeper exploring of tonal magic, discovered the whole ''Reality is a dream, nothing is real'' info.

And with a very logic driven, always evidence before theory species, that's not gonna sit well.

And so, the Dwemer buil the Numidium, a giant machine that, with The Heart of Lorkhan as power fuel (whom had actually tried to achieve CHIM, but failed) and tonal magic, would be able to shout "NO" to all of Creation, convicing all that they were not real, undoing reality.

But they failed, and all of them became part of the Numidium, with the exception of a Dwemer that was exploring Oblivion when this happened

2. Dragons. The Dragons from Elder Scrolls are very different from many kinds of Dragons, for example the whole immortality/no breeding thing. Since the Elder Scrolls dragons went to Tamriel from Akavir (Kingdom of Beasts), perhaps the dragons who stayed behind* sort of devolved. Some retained intelligence but became mortal like the ones from Eragon who can breed, while others became violent non-talking animals like in Reign of Fire, and others still interbred with humans making hybrid species like Firebreather or The American Dragon Jake Long.

I guess it can work, althought I doubt mindless creatures would be able to manipulate the Thu'um

As for the return of Alduin, that could be a cool historical event, where him bringing back the dragons caused him to invade most of the world, basically doing the Reign of Fire film except the dragons are organised. Then everyone (even some good dragons) fight against Alduin and his evil dragons. I don't know whether or not you want a Dragonborn or not given they are customisable based on who the player is in the game. Maybe there's a character or half-dragon from some other setting who can play the role of The Dragonborn/Dovahkiin, I'm open to suggestions.

All the heroes in the games exist as part of the Lore in the game, so I guess the Dragonborn would be a thing.
As for whom could it be, I admiteddly have no idea.

Althought, do keep in mind defeating Alduin in the end is pretty meaningless. He's Fated to resurge one day with his power, and eat existence, ending the current kalpa (world) and bringin one new forth
He's basically Galactus or Beerus but beefed up a lot

3. Oblivion Crisis-Ok so from what I understand this was an attempt by a Daedric Prince to rip a whole through dimensions and bring their ream of Oblivion to the mortal plane right? The King and his heirs were slain to let this happen right? Well in the game the Player needs to find the heir to close the Oblivion Gates and wield the Amulet of Kings. What about in the Fusionverse, the heir is not on Tamriel? What if he's left, or the heir had a child with someone not from Tamriel and went to somewhere else on the planet? Which means someone has to leave Tamriel and go find this lost heir to save Tamriel and the entire world? That turns into a hunt for this lost heir that can take them across the entire Fusionverse, while being chased by whatever monsters and assassins Mankar Camoran can send after them. This could be set in the 70s or 80s or even earlier like World War 1, make it a period adventure! This could be the adventure that makes the world aware that the lost magical continent of Tamriel exists! What do you think?

Yeah, can work

4. Haven't really had time to look through the Elder Scrolls Online plot, but Molag Bal is god of Vampires right? Maybe he's got a connection to Dracula, or any of the vampires that exist in these settings, like the Blade movies/comics or Vampire-D. What are your thoughts? Any ideas come to mind here?

He kinda is
Althought the method of how he invented Vampires is...kinda sick (not a surprise, taking into account who Molag Bal is)

@ManuJM1997 is there anything in Elder Scrolls that could explain Wonder Woman's powers or be a substitute of her origins? An artifact, or spell, or special species?

Not really
Demigods don't exist in TES, and the Daedric Princes are not the kind of fellows that would sponsor WW

The name of Dwarves comes from their interactions with the giants from whome's perspective, yeah, they were dwarves

But they most likely were normal height, and were actually elves, so can't really be mixed with the other dwarves

Also, the thing with the Dwemer's dissapereance actually has a lot to do with the Amaranth, the Dream etc

Basically, the Dwemer were experts in tonal magic, a kind of magic that allows the user to manipulate ''the song of Creation'' aka being able to manipulate the sounds that compose reality, and as such, modify reality to a whim. The Dragon's Thu'um is just another way of this kind of magic

And in their deeper and deeper exploring of tonal magic, discovered the whole ''Reality is a dream, nothing is real'' info.

And with a very logic driven, always evidence before theory species, that's not gonna sit well.

And so, the Dwemer buil the Numidium, a giant machine that, with The Heart of Lorkhan as power fuel (whom had actually tried to achieve CHIM, but failed) and tonal magic, would be able to shout "NO" to all of Creation, convicing all that they were not real, undoing reality.

But they failed, and all of them became part of the Numidium, with the exception of a Dwemer that was exploring Oblivion when this happened
Fair, so we'll just call them Dwemer to avoid confusion.

Are you sure about the saying 'No' thing? Because the reddit thread says the reason why the Dwemer disappeared had never been revealed. Given the Dwemer stuff is ancient ancient history for Temriel, maybe we shouldn't answer what happened or why. It's a mystery in history.

I mean if you're certain you want that to be the reason, that's fine too. I just don't know if having an answer one way or another changes or improves Fusionverse. But you are the resident Elder Scrolls expert so I will accept what you state as canon unless @5elementsage argues otherwise.
I guess it can work, althought I doubt mindless creatures would be able to manipulate the Thu'um
They can't, that's the point. The Dragons who came to Temriel were not mindless and could manipulate Thu'um. The ones who didn't arrive and became mindless probably couldn't manipulate it. Instead they evolved fire breathing etc, but not the same natural gift with magic. There could be exceptions like Eragon's Dragons who could cast spells with their special language which could be a version of Thu'um, but the majority of dragons would have forgotten or be too mindless to manipulate Thu'um.

All the heroes in the games exist as part of the Lore in the game, so I guess the Dragonborn would be a thing.
As for whom could it be, I admiteddly have no idea.

Althought, do keep in mind defeating Alduin in the end is pretty meaningless. He's Fated to resurge one day with his power, and eat existence, ending the current kalpa (world) and bringin one new forth
He's basically Galactus or Beerus but beefed up a lot
Just because he's coming back, doesn't mean there's no reason to fight. Heroes have fought off Galactus multiple times, even though they haven't killed him. It's like in Dark Souls-you have to keep fighting and sacrificing to keep the fire burning and keep the darkness at bay. Even if the darkness is inevitable, you must keep fighting.

Besides fighting off Alduin means he's the future's problem. Let the Spider-man 2099 or the Legion of Superheroes deal with him. ;p

Yes! Success!

He kinda is
Althought the method of how he invented Vampires is...kinda sick (not a surprise, taking into account who Molag Bal is)
If you'd rather we not use him for this, that's fine too. I'm happy to say he wasn't involved with the creation of vampires, but is happy to be worshiped by them. I don't want people to get squeemish.

Not really
Demigods don't exist in TES, and the Daedric Princes are not the kind of fellows that would sponsor WW
Eh, it was a long shot anyway. We could say Wonder Woman was just a Redguard or something, skilled with a sword + Shield and gifted with lightning Magika, who went on a quest to find the lost heir before becoming a diplomat. She then inspired future Wonder Women more in line with the modern interpretation.

But it lacks a bit of 'oomph'. Something that really makes her a 'wonder', you know what I mean? Maybe we'll find some other way to get Wonder Woman to work.

You know the more I learn about Thu'um and the way it works, the more similarities I see between it and the kind of magic in The Dragon Prince. I wonder if there's a way to connect these two settings? I'm far more familiar with the latter than the former.

Regardless I think Thu'um or 'The Primal Word Magic' for lack of a better term, might qualify as it's own distinct form of magic to add to the list. I'll think about writing something up.

Last edited:
I think the Dwemer could easily be mixed with the Isu as the Big Ancestral Race with cool af technology

If you'd rather we not use him for this, that's fine too. I'm happy to say he wasn't involved with the creation of vampires, but is happy to be worshiped by them. I don't want people to get squeemish.

It's basically rape
Molag Bal invented rape because he thought it would be funny, and after raping one woman until death, he was entertained enought that he gave some of his blood to that woman, whom became the first vampire

And every woman that's been raped by Bal and becomes a Vampires is called a Daughter of Coldharbour (which is Bal's plane of Oblivion)

The man must basically be genocidal psychopaths and stuff, as Harkon showed

Regardless I think Thu'um or 'The Word Magic' for lack of a better term, might qualify as it's own distinct form of magic to add to the list. I'll think about writing something up.

Here's a topic about Tonal Magic, of which Thu'um is but a branch

I think the Dwemer could easily be mixed with the Isu as the Big Ancestral Race with cool af technology
EDIT: Sure sounds cool.

I know I don't have veto powers, but I veto power that so hard. Let's not have that kind of evil in this setting.

Here's a topic about Tonal Magic, of which Thu'um is but a branch

That is helpful. Tonal Magic seems like fairly straightforward magic, just viewed through a musical lens. Dragon Shout Magic, however, seems quite novel. I'm gonna work on that, cause I've got ideas.

Last edited:
I know I don't have veto powers, but I veto power that so hard. Let's not have that kind of evil in this setting.

That is helpful. Tonal Magic seems like fairly straightforward magic, just viewed through a musical lens. Dragon Shout Magic, however, seems quite novel. I'm gonna work on that, cause I've got ideas.

So...you're against the Isu = Dwemer thing?

I am very glad the two of you decided to give us your input, but more than one of us have gotten the sense you are here to be a disruptive presence. That may not be the case, and if it isn't, you are very welcome to contribute.

Realistically, this would be so easy to put together, it is almost churlish.
But as I have tried to help but my input has been completely ignored, I will leave you to it.

Last edited:
Actually regarding the god rules, I assume that means Wonder Woman and Shazam have different origin stories then? Or at least WW wasn' created/fathered by Zeus since he's not in the setting? And Shazam probably means something else, again because of the mythological figures in his name (Hercules, Zeus, mercury etc).

Sound points that I hadn't really thought too hard about. We should probably put Wonder Woman and Shazam on back-burner, and just keep the effect they've had on the setting where relevant.

Edit: For personal reasons I'm running really short on time these days. I'm trying my best to get back to this project in full swing, as soon as absolutely possible.

Last edited:
Sound points that I hadn't really thought too hard about. We should probably put Wonder Woman and Shazam on back-burner, and just keep the effect they've had on the setting where relevant.

Edit: For personal reasons I'm running really short on time these days. I'm trying my best to get back to this project in full swing, as soon as absolutely possible.

Can I be completely honest?

I find it kinda of nonsensical and detrimental to keep the fictional version of Earthly gods out of the setting just because some people still worship the '''real''' version

They're fictional for a reason, no one worships Marvel's Zeus or Odin

Can I be completely honest?

I find it kinda of nonsensical and detrimental to keep the fictional version of Earthly gods out of the setting just because some people still worship the '''real''' version

They're fictional for a reason, no one worships Marvel's Zeus or Odin

Nonsensical is the essence that gave birth to Fusionverse. Our task is to try and make sense of it. I would say that the reader should be allowed to decide for themselves if Zeus, Odin, Vishnu, and other gods are fictional or real, no matter how they are portrayed. Would a true worshipper likely find Marvel's Thor a fictional character, not a valid representation? I think so. But they won't have to deal with that here. In places, I may have brought them up (such as discussing Wonder Woman and the Godwave), but we're ultimately getting rid of all real-world mentions.

Now, as for which canon to discuss next. I think we've discussed Harry Potter, Avatar, DC, and Elder Scrolls enough for now. We'll put those on the back burner. I have prepared a list of what I would like to discuss soon, from what you all have provided. Everyone please speak up about which of these you feel ready to contribute on, and how much. I'll then decide which one we're tackling next, based on which one the most people will pitch in on.

A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun
Ace Attorney
Animorphs
A Song of Ice And Fire/Game Of Thrones
Bioshock
BlazBlue
Bleach
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Castlevania
Dead Space
Devil May Cry
Dwarf Fortress
Fallout
Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts (Disney properties will be listed separately)
Fire Emblem
Friday the 13th
Girl Genius
Gundam
Jak and Daxter
Jimmy Neutron
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Killzone
Lupin III
Mega Man
Mob Psycho 100
Mother/Earthbound
The Illuminatus Trilogy
TMNT
Twilight
Uncharted
Warhammer/40k
Xenoblade Chronicles
Yu-Gi-Oh!

As a final note, Kid Icarus and Soulcalibur will be going on a provisional ban; reasons include Hades and Prometheus. Yu-Gi-Oh I'm considering, since Ra gets a mention and they appropriate the Nazca Lines. These franchises can be sampled from in ways that aren't directly referencing real-world religions, but won't be worked in anything close to whole-cloth.

Nonsensical is the essence that gave birth to Fusionverse. Our task is to try and make sense of it. I would say that the reader should be allowed to decide for themselves if Zeus, Odin, Vishnu, and other gods are fictional or real, no matter how they are portrayed. Would a true worshipper likely find Marvel's Thor a fictional character, not a valid representation? I think so. But they won't have to deal with that here. In places, I may have brought them up (such as discussing Wonder Woman and the Godwave), but we're ultimately getting rid of all real-world mentions.

Yeah, but Marvel or the MCU is not trying to convince the reader that Thor or Odin are real, they're simply saying in their fictional universe, they are
The reader/viewer can still decide if they exist in our world

Again, this has nothing to do with theology or whatever, I'm just stating the practical, that a lot of fictional works use real Life mythology, and taking that away makes thing unnecessarily complicated and tiresome

In the end, you're boss, it's your thread and I will oblige to whatever you decide, but personally, I think preventing the use of any real life myths to be an error

Im actually pretty excited to see yugioh on that list because the series has insane lore.

In the beginning ancient Egypt was being harassed by monsters. I don't know where the monsters came from beyond 'the duel monster spirit world' and it is worth noting that at least some of these monsters were born from human souls, and where strengthened when the human felt more intense emotions. Now eventually some Egyptian wizard/sorcerer/whatever discovered that duel monsters could be sealed in stone tablets. At some point it was also discovered that the monsters could be controlled and released from these tablets. Thus started the ancient Egyptian card games/ magical wars.

Now there where 2 types of duels, 1st a simple smashing of monsters into each other, or the much more popular shadow game. To start a shadow game, a single duelist just needs to decide he wants a shadow game and do the magic and both are transported to the shadow realm, note this is different from the duel monster spirit world. Once in the shadow realm neither duelist can leave and the winner can decide that the loser has to remain, aka 'banishing to the shadow realm'.

Eventually the Pharaoh Atem decided that shadow games and duel monsters where to dangerous and so he sacrificed his name and probably did some other stuff (its in the season finale and might involve time travel so idk what actually happened). The end result was that shadow games where banned/made much more difficult/knowledge of how to do them was forgotten.

The card games and magic remain mostly gone except for a couple places/people like the tomb keepers, the last Atlantian, and maybe some Norse thing, until modern~ish times when Maximilian Pegasus is given a magic, all seeing artifact, and decides he wants to use it to make a children's card game based on the ancient duels. Surprise surprise, the duel monsters can go into the cards just as well as the giant stone tablets, and once again the shadow games start up again. If someone has enough magical power they can summon the monsters into the real world as ghosty things, the holograms seem to help with that. It also doesn't help that everyone decided then was a great time to be reincarnated.

All of this ends up with a system where losing a children's card game has mystical significance, the stronger the will and stronger the magic you have the better you will be at the game, and where the fate of the world can rely on whatever card just happens to be on top of your deck.

For crossovers I think that some people could have duel spirit helpers. Almost any mythological creature tied to a person could be a duel spirit.

Last edited:
As a final note, Kid Icarus and Soulcalibur will be going on a provisional ban; reasons include Hades and Prometheus. Yu-Gi-Oh I'm considering, since Ra gets a mention and they appropriate the Nazca Lines. These franchises can be sampled from in ways that aren't directly referencing real-world religions, but won't be worked in anything close to whole-cloth.

I think Yu-Gi-Oh is fine (maybe without the Nazca Lines) because they don't pretend to be the Egyptian gods. It's called the Winged Dragon of Ra. It's not claiming that it's Ra himself. It's what someone who believed in Egyptian Gods would compare the power to.

Besides you allowed Stargate and they basically claim all the Egyptian gods are just Alien conquerors from outer space, who we reinterpreted as Gods (I think they do something similar with Norse Gods). So I think Yu-Gi-Oh is fine.

Im actually pretty excited to see yugioh on that list because the series has insane lore.

I like all of what you've got down, and I'm already thinking of ways to use it with other settings or standalone.
In the beginning ancient Egypt was being harassed by monsters. I don't know where the monsters came from beyond 'the duel monster spirit world' and it is worth noting that at least some of these monsters were born from human souls, and where strengthened when the human felt more intense emotions. Now eventually some Egyptian wizard/sorcerer/whatever discovered that duel monsters could be sealed in stone tablets. At some point it was also discovered that the monsters could be controlled and released from these tablets. Thus started the ancient Egyptian card games/ magical wars.

We do already have a kind of spirit world, the Avatar the Last Airbender spirit world. And monsters do come out of that world, which have evolved to become Pokemon. Maybe in the past the monsters would escape the spirit world, and the stone tablets were the only way to seal them. This was a long time before Pokeballs were created, and it didn't quite tame them-it just contained them.

Maybe years later some of these stone discs or stone tablets have been found, and if taken to a special shrine they can release the monster within. Monster Rancher style! Of course you can't put the monster spirit back in the tablet, so now those who release these monsters are forced to raise them themselves-or suffer a lot of destruction as the monster runs amuck.

Basically these spirits are similar to pokemon, but haven't evolved enough to be captured in a pokeball.

I'm also very interested in the whole "turn human souls into monsters" punishments thing. I wonder if there's some other setting we can tie that into, because that's such a novel idea.

EDIT: Wait nevermind I figured it out. Persona! Think about it-each person has a Shadow inside them, representing the worst parts of themselves. Persona users are able to control their Shadow and use them in battle-but those who can't become/are consumed by the Shadow-or it is released to cause trouble. In Ancient Egypt they were forced to bind the Shadows people became (or artificially released them as a punishment/make more monsters) but now there is a modern way to deal with it. I'm so excited we found a way to get Persona in the setting.

Now there where 2 types of duels, 1st a simple smashing of monsters into each other, or the much more popular shadow game. To start a shadow game, a single duelist just needs to decide he wants a shadow game and do the magic and both are transported to the shadow realm, note this is different from the duel monster spirit world. Once in the shadow realm neither duelist can leave and the winner can decide that the loser has to remain, aka 'banishing to the shadow realm'.

Eventually the Pharaoh Atem decided that shadow games and duel monsters where to dangerous and so he sacrificed his name and probably did some other stuff (its in the season finale and might involve time travel so idk what actually happened). The end result was that shadow games where banned/made much more difficult/knowledge of how to do them was forgotten.

I remember in the original Yu-Gi-Oh manga that if you were powerful enough you could turn any game into a Shadow Game, not just a card game. They also require a Millennium Item to do in the modern day right, unless you are extremely powerful? I think we can make Shadow Games essentially a form of Xiaolin Showdown, with Millennium Items being a kind of Shen Gong Wu. It helps that Xiaolin Showdowns can be anything, and you do not need to both have a relic to do a Showdown-you can fight over anything, not just relics.

So yeah knowledge of how to do Shadow Games/Xiaolin Showdowns are probably only known to ancient beings, or perhaps hidden in old scrolls.

The card games and magic remain mostly gone except for a couple places/people like the tomb keepers, the last Atlantian, and maybe some Norse thing, until modern~ish times when Maximilian Pegasus is given a magic, all seeing artifact, and decides he wants to use it to make a children's card game based on the ancient duels. Surprise surprise, the duel monsters can go into the cards just as well as the giant stone tablets, and once again the shadow games start up again. If someone has enough magical power they can summon the monsters into the real world as ghosty things, the holograms seem to help with that. It also doesn't help that everyone decided then was a great time to be reincarnated.

All of this ends up with a system where losing a children's card game has mystical significance, the stronger the will and stronger the magic you have the better you will be at the game, and where the fate of the world can rely on whatever card just happens to be on top of your deck.

For crossovers I think that some people could have duel spirit helpers. Almost any mythological creature tied to a person could be a duel spirit.
Duel Spirits could be any kind of spirit that's bonded to a person. In fact the spirits might not even need to be connected to the game Duel Monsters-there's a spirit bonded to a kid who teaches him how to play Go. Although that's probably more in common with The Pharoah and Yugi rather than Duel Spirits now that I think about it.

Maybe Duel Spirits would be better compared to the Yo-Kai in Yo-Kai Watch. What do you think?

Last edited:
Regarding Ace Attorney, the only real interesting thing it brings to the Fusionverse that come to mind is the whole talking to spirits (which lots of settings have) and the Japanifornia thing. Japanafornia being an American city with lots of Japanese influences or vice versa.

Since there are a few settings which have this cross blend, maybe Phoenix Wright is based in San Fransokyo from Big Hero 6, another American city with lots of Japanese influences*. Maybe Phoenix Wright has to defend the Big Hero 6 team when they cause a lot of damage defending the city. Maybe Phoenix Wright and Jennifer Walter, aka She-Hulk** are two of the biggest defense lawyers who focus on protecting Super Heroes as well as their rights.

*If you wonder why an American city has Tokyo influences, according to supplementary material, this was the result of the city being rebuilt primarily by Japanese immigrants in the wake of the 1906 Earthquake.

** Matt Murdock (aka Daredevil) could also work, although Matt Murdock is mostly small time attorney in Hells Kitchen New York, while She-Hulk is a bigger than life celebrity hero.

ManuJM1997 do you know anything about Dwarf Fortress? I just wonder if we could tie it with the Dwemer from Elder Scrolls, but I don't know much about the game's lore. Or if it even has any. Maybe the stories from Dwarf Fortress are just retelling stories of the Dwemer.

Finally Gundam. There are a couple of ways we can do this. If we stick with the original timeline it makes sense for Gundam to be hundreds of years in the future, interacting with the Halo and Mass Effect stuff. Alternatively, we could go with one of the alternate timeline Gundam which are closer to modern day like Gundam 00 to have it interact with the rest of the setting. Or maybe something like Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans happens on another planet, not Mars but somewhere else like we did with Firefly.

Alternatively if we do do Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans in modern day, I would love it if we could somehow tie it with Aldnoah.Zero in someway. The trouble is reconciling the different viewpoints. In Aldnoah.Zero Mars is struggling with basic resources but has much more powerful mechs/technology compared to Earth, but in Iron Blood Orphans, Mars is subservient to Earth and much worse tech on average. I think the best way to make it work is that Iron Blood Orphans is told from the point of view of the lower class of Mars, the slaves and peasants etc, while Aldnoah.Zero is told from the point of view of the upperclass and nobility of Mars.

Actually @5elementsage would you be against the idea of Mars being colonized by Earth in let's say the 70s or something, and then tried to become independent with it's own society? That way we could have a kind of modern war (cold or otherwise) with Mars, and all the fun stuff that comes with that! Maybe Mars, when on the backfoot of the war, tries to use Hell as a power source, but that releases a bunch of demons, causing Doom 2016! There's all kinds of cool stuff that could be done if Mars is colonized.

EDIT: Look at all the settings out there that involve Mars fighting against Earth! This is a great way to tie or include them all!

Last edited:
You know I just realised something else that should probably be on the ban list. Isekai genre fiction, or basically any settings where the protagonists end up in another world. Because of our rule on no other dimensions/timelines unless we have to, we can't really use those stories. Whether it's Overlord and Konosuba, or Alice in wonderland and the Wizard of Oz.

Now this is both a good thing (we don't have to worry about fitting loads of settings) but also a shame of missing out on that otherworldly ness. We might decide on individual otherworld settings on a case by case basis.

Edit: the more I think about it, maybe a full ban isn' a great idea. I'l give it more thought. Maybe only settings that take place entirely in another world, but settings that visit other dimensions like how Mortal Kombat goes to Outworld should be fine.

Last edited:
Whether it's Overlord and Konosuba, or Alice in wonderland and the Wizard of Oz.
I think that Alice in Wonderland could be a straightforward fae story. She gets lured into an otherworldly area ruled by mysterious laws and a capricious queen. Some denizens are friendly such as the Cheshire cat and mad hatter, some are malicious like the red queen, but all are subtly off. Sometimes it seems they are all actors in a play, going through the nonsensical motions. If them living in a pocket dimension is not allowed it could be made into an expanded space, or just an illusion cast to mess with her.

I think that Alice in Wonderland could be a straightforward fae story. She gets lured into an otherworldly area ruled by mysterious laws and a capricious queen. Some denizens are friendly such as the Cheshire cat and mad hatter, some are malicious like the red queen, but all are subtly off. Sometimes it seems they are all actors in a play, going through the nonsensical motions. If them living in a pocket dimension is not allowed it could be made into an expanded space, or just an illusion cast to mess with her.
Yeah you're probably right. If we go with Fae stuff at all we need at least some kind of realm where they take humans so weird stuff happens, like in Midsummer's nights dream. It's not a parallel timeline so it should be fine.

Also I got an idea from reading the thread. Perhaps the dwemer cataclysm made all of them into the suicidal, idiot dwarf fortress dorfs. perhaps any other setting's dwarfs have evolved beyond that across thousands of years.

Also I got an idea from reading the thread. Perhaps the dwemer cataclysm made all of them into the suicidal, idiot dwarf fortress dorfs. perhaps any other setting's dwarfs have evolved beyond that across thousands of years.
Or maybe Dwarves trying to recreate Dwemer stuff go crazy, resulting in Dwarf Fortress shenanigans. I don't know, I'm not an expert in either Elder Scrolls or Dwarf Fortress.

If I'm honest my favorite Dwarves are either the ones from Dragon Age (I like their bakcstabby political society) or the ones from Order of the Stick (They're really funny and sweet), so I won't be able to contribute much with the Dwarf Fortress or Dwemer stuff until we get to those guys.

Back