FusionVerse - Combining All The Stories

tl;dr version of the following - "Bad comparison, because Kung Fu is just using what humans can do, and Magic is accessing and wielding what is not naturally human."

Alright, I will let the others contend against, or agree with you as they prefer, but this is clearly not something you and I can resolve for each other. What I will say about the Kung Fu comparison is that Kung Fu is patently NOT superhuman. It is the use of the human to achieve a human's potential. What a master of Northern Shaolin can do is well within human ability. Not all humans are physically able to meet the same standard, because of handicaps and whatnot, but that doesn't make them subhuman. Those handicaps, like the Kung Fu master's skill, make them human.
And that is exactly how magic should work. Magic should be a skill which any human* is naturally capable of cultivating if they put in the time an dedication.

You keep saying that magic is not natural, but Kung Fu isn't natural either. Kung Fu was made by humans, and anything made by a human is by definition unnatural. Magic would be the same way

* Or other sentient life

In what sense does "anything made by a human" constitute unnatural? In the least reductivist argument, even nuclear reactors and Styrofoam can be interpreted as natural because they subscribe to physics and are composed of conventional matter, devised by humans in an attempt to improve life (which is a natural extension of survival of the fittest). Going with a more conservative argument, Kung Fu is not the same thing as Styrofoam in that respect, because it doesn't actually produce anything new. It's just a human learning to use their body optimally. No different than a bird learning to fly. Birds don't start out flight-capable. They have to grow and learn until they are ready. Is flight unnatural?

Kung Fu is a human skill using human ability. Nothing artificial, nothing superhuman, nothing from outside the conventional universe or reality.
Magic debatedly wasn't even created by humans, depending on the setting. In TES it sounds like Magnus made it, and he doesn't sound very human. It allows changes to take place that defy conventional physics (such as flying without wings or a visible mechanism of thrust), it allows humans to do things no amount of physical training or book learning would ever let them do (outside of the context of magic), and Doctor Strange's brand specifically draws from realms outside our conventional reality that operate on very different principles (such as effing TIME not existing as a concept).

As much as I don't necessarily like the idea of tying the Force to magic (especially if we tie it with science Like the prequels do) I also don't like the idea that magic is unavailable to those who seek it out and study. It's tough call. Gonna think on it.

In what sense does "anything made by a human" constitute unnatural? In the least reductivist argument, even nuclear reactors and Styrofoam can be interpreted as natural because they subscribe to physics and are composed of conventional matter, devised by humans in an attempt to improve life (which is a natural extension of survival of the fittest). Going with a more conservative argument, Kung Fu is not the same thing as Styrofoam in that respect, because it doesn't actually produce anything new. It's just a human learning to use their body optimally. No different than a bird learning to fly. Birds don't start out flight-capable. They have to grow and learn until they are ready. Is flight unnatural?

Kung Fu is a human skill using human ability. Nothing artificial, nothing superhuman, nothing from outside the conventional universe or reality.
Magic debatedly wasn't even created by humans, depending on the setting. In TES it sounds like Magnus made it, and he doesn't sound very human. It allows changes to take place that defy conventional physics (such as flying without wings or a visible mechanism of thrust), it allows humans to do things no amount of physical training or book learning would ever let them do (outside of the context of magic), and Doctor Strange's brand specifically draws from realms outside our conventional reality that operate on very different principles (such as effing TIME not existing as a concept).
1. The definition of natural is "existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind." Unnatural would mean that which is not natural, which would include anything made by Humankind

2. If it can be learned at all, then Magic is just as natural or unnatural as Kung Fu is. There seems to be a disconnect here: In my proposal, magic is not superhuman. Because Kung Fu, any human can learn it. It being impossible by real world methods is not relevant to whether it is superhuman in universe

As much as I don't necessarily like the idea of tying the Force to magic (especially if we tie it with science Like the prequels do) I also don't like the idea that magic is unavailable to those who seek it out and study. It's tough call. Gonna think on it.
I don't really care for the Midichlorians either

Allow me to clarify. It's not unavailable. There are sources of magic out there, and if a person finds one, or is found by one, I have no issue. The question is "Are they capable of using it reliably, or will they be mastered by it?" If everybody in Fusionverse is physically and mentally ready to use Magic, that takes away all the narrative weight. It takes away power from people like Dormammu who are supposed to be phenomenally above humanity. A sort of being that a Sorcerer Supreme is necessary to counter, even if Doctor Strange cannot truly defeat him. If everybody has Doctor Strange's level of magical aptitude, why would Cthulhu make them insane? Why would they see anything in life as a struggle? That creates a society, a global human population, that is fundamentally different than ours in every way.

You don't even have to cast a spell that makes free food. Cast a spell that makes the soil fertile. Cast a spell that makes all seeds equally viable. Cast a spell that moderates how sunlight and rain affect plants. Cast a spell that prevents pests from chewing up crops or harming livestock. Those kinds of spells would revolutionize industry, solve world hunger. And if everyone could cast them, why haven't they?

1. The definition of natural is "existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind." Unnatural would mean that which is not natural, which would include anything made by Humankind

2. If it can be learned at all, then Magic is just as natural or unnatural as Kung Fu is. There seems to be a disconnect here: In my proposal, magic is not superhuman. Because Kung Fu, any human can learn it. It being impossible by real world methods is not relevant to whether it is superhuman in universe

I don't really care for the Midichlorians either

I subscribe to a realistic model wherein humans are Great Apes, a close physical relative to Gorillas and Chimpanzees. We are animals, just very dexterous animals with large, complex brains. So it is patently absurd to define mankind's work as a departure from nature. Damaging to it, sure. But then so is the rabbit population in Australia. Beavers knock down trees, and an overpopulation of them causes deforestration. Hence the need for predators. Would you accept a definition of "natural" suggesting that a termite mound is unnatural? Or a bee hive? Or a beaver dam?

And Midichlorians are here to stay. George Lucas confirmed that they were a thing in the original trilogy, and he just did not find a good time to introduce the concept. He didn't "invent" them for the prequel trilogy. If you don't like them, as many do, then sorry. But they are a standard element of the saga since the beginning.

Allow me to clarify. It's not unavailable. There are sources of magic out there, and if a person finds one, or is found by one, I have no issue. The question is "Are they capable of using it reliably, or will they be mastered by it?" If everybody in Fusionverse is physically and mentally ready to use Magic, that takes away all the narrative weight. It takes away power from people like Dormammu who are supposed to be phenomenally above humanity. A sort of being that a Sorcerer Supreme is necessary to counter, even if Doctor Strange cannot truly defeat him. If everybody has Doctor Strange's level of magical aptitude, why would Cthulhu make them insane? Why would they see anything in life as a struggle? That creates a society, a global human population, that is fundamentally different than ours in every way.
No one has suggested that
You don't even have to cast a spell that makes free food. Cast a spell that makes the soil fertile. Cast a spell that makes all seeds equally viable. Cast a spell that moderates how sunlight and rain affect plants. Cast a spell that prevents pests from chewing up crops or harming livestock. Those kinds of spells would revolutionize industry, solve world hunger. And if everyone could cast them, why haven't they?
The same reason that not everyone on the planet know martial arts or quantum physics. The life they live has not given them the opportunity to study and develop to their fullest potential. At no point did I ever say everyone knows magic. I said everyone can learn magic. There is a tremendous difference.

I subscribe to a realistic model wherein humans are Great Apes, a close physical relative to Gorillas and Chimpanzees. We are animals, just very dexterous animals with large, complex brains. So it is patently absurd to define mankind's work as a departure from nature. Damaging to it, sure. But then so is the rabbit population in Australia. Beavers knock down trees, and an overpopulation of them causes deforestration. Hence the need for predators. Would you accept a definition of "natural" suggesting that a termite mound is unnatural? Or a bee hive? Or a beaver dam?
All words are defined by humans. There is no objective standard. By your definition, literally everything that exists would be natural
And Midichlorians are here to stay. George Lucas confirmed that they were a thing in the original trilogy, and he just did not find a good time to introduce the concept. He didn't "invent" them for the prequel trilogy. If you don't like them, as many do, then sorry. But they are a standard element of the saga since the beginning.
We've changed stuff from other settings, I see no reason not to change that.

Honestly, I think that everyone should be able to use magic, but just as there are people whom are genetically more in tune with things like intelligence or physical capabilities, so should Magic

Everyone can use, but not everyone is equal on how good they are

No one has suggested that

The same reason that not everyone on the planet know martial arts or quantum physics. The life they live has not given them the opportunity to study and develop to their fullest potential. At no point did I ever say everyone knows magic. I said everyone can learn magic. There is a tremendous difference.

All words are defined by humans. There is no objective standard. By your definition, literally everything that exists would be natural

We've changed stuff from other settings, I see no reason not to change that.

You yourself have just suggested it. If everyone can learn magic, that means they are physically and mentally ready to do so. If they are physically unready, they cannot learn magic. If they are mentally unready, they cannot learn magic. They could become ready, but if they are unready, they presently cannot learn it. Decide what you want.

Yes, by the definition I subscribe to, everything is natural. Why? Because everything that exists in our universe is part of natural process. Insofar as we have been able to prove, the concept of deviating from the natural has not been demonstrated. The closest possible comparison would be exotic matter. Anything that directly defies the universe as we understand it on a mechanical level. But that's just an opportunity for science to adapt and expand. Quantum mechanics is a prominent example of that.

In Marvel, there is a dimension where time exists and a dimension where time does not exist. To those of us living in the one where there is time, the other one is by definition unnatural.

With regards to midichlorians, I am willing to hear out any decent proposal for WHY we should change it. We aren't just changing the existing canon arbitrarily, we've been doing it to adapt them all into a system that works. If you can show me why the Force NEEDS to lack midichlorians for it to be introduced, then that will be on the table for discussion and implementation. As it stands, I think the midichlorian model is totally viable.

You yourself have just suggested it. If everyone can learn magic, that means they are physically and mentally ready to do so. If they are physically unready, they cannot learn magic. If they are mentally unready, they cannot learn magic. They could become ready, but if they are unready, they presently cannot learn it. Decide what you want.
No, it doesn't. Everyone on Earth is capable of learning martial arts. That does not mean they are automatically physically and mentally ready to do so. They need training, just as my magic users would do so
Yes, by the definition I subscribe to, everything is natural. Why? Because everything that exists in our universe is part of natural process. Insofar as we have been able to prove, the concept of deviating from the natural has not been demonstrated. The closest possible comparison would be exotic matter. Anything that directly defies the universe as we understand it on a mechanical level. But that's just an opportunity for science to adapt and expand. Quantum mechanics is a prominent example of that.
Then by your definition magic would be natural
In Marvel, there is a dimension where time exists and a dimension where time does not exist. To those of us living in the one where there is time, the other one is by definition unnatural.
Not by your definition it woldn't be. By your definition, there is nothing that could be defined as unnatural

Honestly, I think that everyone should be able to use magic, but just as there are people whom are genetically more in tune with things like intelligence or physical capabilities, so should Magic

Everyone can use, but not everyone is equal on how good they are

Perhaps we need a definition of what "able to use magic" means. I'm not advocating a Rowling model, where there are just people who can and people who can't, with no justification. What I am advocating is that it's not freely accessible. Batman COULD learn magic if he wanted to, unless you can prove why he can't. But Luke Cage probably couldn't learn magic. Jessica Jones probably couldn't learn magic. Han Solo probably couldn't learn magic. I can give my justification for each of them if asked.

In my mind, a world where "everyone can use magic" is a world where everyone (or nearly everyone) does. Because if they can, why wouldn't they? That's where we get to define limitations, such as the cost of a spell, the risk of learning magic, and so on.

But what you said about inequality is very important. Let me explain using the mutant gene as an example. I am 100% fine with the majority population having the mutant gene, or something similar to it, that gives them a special power. But the way proper literary form works, a lack of contrast creates sloppy, bad writing. So if everyone can fly, that's not interesting. If everyone can lift a thousand pounds, that's not interesting. If everyone is on that same general level of power, it's hard to follow. That why people like Muggles exist; to establish a contrast. You can easily have a contrast WITH powers, instead. Have most of the population have Quirks like growing feathers, or blue fur, or having four functional arms. But only a small slice of the populace can do things like catch airliners falling from the sky, or shoot heat beams from their eyes, or teleport instantaneously. Boom, literary contrast.

Magic works the same way. It's a mystical art that is occulted by its nature. Not everyone knows about it, not everyone who does knows it actually exists (as opposed to fairy tales), and not everyone who knows it's real can do it. Not everyone who can do it is Sorcerer Supreme, and not every Sorcerer Supreme in history is the same as Doctor Strange. Case in point, Brother Voodoo.

No, it doesn't. Everyone on Earth is capable of learning martial arts. That does not mean they are automatically physically and mentally ready to do so. They need training, just as my magic users would do so

Then by your definition magic would be natural

Not by your definition it woldn't be. By your definition, there is nothing that could be defined as unnatural

If you're going to use subjectivism in your argument, you better be real sure you understand the other person's perspective. It does not appear you do. The definition of natural I provided applies to OUR world. The real one. Where there isn't a Sorcerer Supreme or fancy spellcasters. In our world, Saiyans are not natural, because they don't exist in nature. In Dragon Ball, they are natural, because they exist in nature.

If we end up going with my proposal for a Tamriel that was warped into the conventional Fusionverse from somewhere else, or dreamed into existence, I would characterize anything that came from it as unnatural. To Fusionverse. It could all be natural for Nirn, but the Earth that Tamriel transported to is not Nirn. It's Earth.

Edit: As an extension of that last part, that would mean that there wasn't Magicka in Fusionverse before Tamriel arrived. Then when Tamriel appeared, Magicka came with it. There could be Mana, Odinforce, etc., but the specific brand of magical resource called Magicka, from Aetherius, would not have been here yet.

Last edited:
Perhaps we need a definition of what "able to use magic" means. I'm not advocating a Rowling model, where there are just people who can and people who can't, with no justification. What I am advocating is that it's not freely accessible. Batman COULD learn magic if he wanted to, unless you can prove why he can't. But Luke Cage probably couldn't learn magic. Jessica Jones probably couldn't learn magic. Han Solo probably couldn't learn magic. I can give my justification for each of them if asked.

In my mind, a world where "everyone can use magic" is a world where everyone (or nearly everyone) does. Because if they can, why wouldn't they? That's where we get to define limitations, such as the cost of a spell, the risk of learning magic, and so on.

But what you said about inequality is very important. Let me explain using the mutant gene as an example. I am 100% fine with the majority population having the mutant gene, or something similar to it, that gives them a special power. But the way proper literary form works, a lack of contrast creates sloppy, bad writing. So if everyone can fly, that's not interesting. If everyone can lift a thousand pounds, that's not interesting. If everyone is on that same general level of power, it's hard to follow. That why people like Muggles exist; to establish a contrast. You can easily have a contrast WITH powers, instead. Have most of the population have Quirks like growing feathers, or blue fur, or having four functional arms. But only a small slice of the populace can do things like catch airliners falling from the sky, or shoot heat beams from their eyes, or teleport instantaneously. Boom, literary contrast.

Magic works the same way. It's a mystical art that is occulted by its nature. Not everyone knows about it, not everyone who does knows it actually exists (as opposed to fairy tales), and not everyone who knows it's real can do it. Not everyone who can do it is Sorcerer Supreme, and not every Sorcerer Supreme in history is the same as Doctor Strange. Case in point, Brother Voodoo.

Not everyone can learn how to do it, thought

You need someone who's mastery is enough on Magic to teach you, and the number of people that can do that would be fairly small

And it could be said a lot of people simply fail to tap into Magic even if trained, because it requires certain mental conditions or something

Not everyone can learn how to do it, thought

You need someone who's mastery is enough on Magic to teach you, and the number of people that can do that would be fairly small

And it could be said a lot of people simply fail to tap into Magic even if trained, because it requires certain mental conditions or something

Ah, this breaks into an interesting point right when I have to leave the library, but I'll quickly address it for you all to discuss in my absence. If every can use magic, but has to be taught, and not everyone can be taught by someone else, COULD someone self-teach? Could they learn how to do magic without a teacher?

I'll give my opinion on both sides of that next time. Ciao!

If you're going to use subjectivism in your argument, you better be real sure you understand the other person's perspective. It does not appear you do. The definition of natural I provided applies to OUR world. The real one. Where there isn't a Sorcerer Supreme or fancy spellcasters. In our world, Saiyans are not natural, because they don't exist in nature. In Dragon Ball, they are natural, because they exist in nature.

If we end up going with my proposal for a Tamriel that was warped into the conventional Fusionverse from somewhere else, or dreamed into existence, I would characterize anything that came from it as unnatural. To Fusionverse. It could all be natural for Nirn, but the Earth that Tamriel transported to is not Nirn. It's Earth.

Edit: As an extension of that last part, that would mean that there wasn't Magicka in Fusionverse before Tamriel arrived. Then when Tamriel appeared, Magicka came with it. There could be Mana, Odinforce, etc., but the specific brand of magical resource called Magicka, from Aetherius, would not have been here yet.
And in my pitch, The Force would be something that naturally exists, so the skill that is magic would also be natural.

This is why I lean entirely on the "Magic is a skill, not a resource" side of things, because it's the simplest way to explain things

Ah, this breaks into an interesting point right when I have to leave the library, but I'll quickly address it for you all to discuss in my absence. If every can use magic, but has to be taught, and not everyone can be taught by someone else, COULD someone self-teach? Could they learn how to do magic without a teacher?

I'll give my opinion on both sides of that next time. Ciao!
Theoretically, it should be possible

Ok I think the Magic is like Kung Fu is a poor comparison. I view Magic more like computer programming.

Look at this example, coding is something that needs to be learnt, very very few people can become instinctual coders, if any. They need to at least teach themselves by reading about coding. However what limits coders is their hardware. Humanity's bodies and minds are their hardware.

Some people were born with a powerful computer with incredible processing power, while others are born with an out of date hunk of junk that crashes every few minutes. You could code with either, but it takes a lot more effort to code with the hunk of junk-it's slow and tiresome, and you've got to be careful not to overheat your hardware. And there will just be some kinds of high level programming your hunk of junk will be unable to do, like program a AAA Video Game.

More to the point, anyone who wants to teach you 'coding' will see you only have a hunk of junk, and probably will realise it's a waste of time to teach you. Even at your best, it would take you hours or days to do something someone with decent hardware could do in minutes, so it makes more sense to spend the effort to teach someone with decent hardware. They might not even know how to work with your hunk of junk, because they themselves have only worked with decent class hardware.

Now there are ways to increase your coding ability even with bad hardware. You could have add-ons like external memory or ram (e.g. magic items to boost magic), or you could do some risky self-modification to your hardware to get more out of it (e.g. Lyrium addiction), maybe even canabalise other machines for parts (e.g. Blood Magic). Or you could have a mysterious 'engineer' work on your hard-drive, promising to improve the output, but be careful they don't install a virus (Divine Pacts/Guardianship/Faustian Deals).

But at the end of the day, it's a lot of effort to learn Coding with your hunk of junk. Maybe it would be easier to just use it for taxes, or take up a craft like drawing that doesn't need the computer. Or just get bitten by a radioactive animal. This analogy got away from me. ;)

I would also like to suggest an addition to the magic stuff. The examples I gave in my version were well rounded pure magic. But not every magic user can do all magic equally. I want to take the idea of Minor Talents/Adepts and Focused Practitioners from Dresden Files/Alex Verus to expand the kind of mages out there.

Minor Talents/Adepts have just a single magical trick, maybe just able to see the supernatural, or can tell the future. Some of these Minor Talents are distant distant descendents of a mystical being, or maybe were just exposed to a supernatural event, or perhaps they just have a curse they can't control (Example would be Subaru from Re:Zero). Regardless, they aren't powerful, they can't create spells like normal wizards, but some creative applications of their trick may be possible.

Focused Practitioners are specialists, who can only access a certain kind of magic, possibly due to a mystical blindspot, their mana having an element preference or just natural inclination. Just because one is a focussed Practitioner it doesn't mean they aren't powerful, as their power level can be all over the place. There are many different kinds, such as Diviners, Ectomancers, Sky Mages, Coffeemancers, all with their own specialty.

In order of percentage of populations, it goes like this: Minor Talents > Focused Practitioner > Wizards

There are very few wizards, there's more focused practitioners, and beyond that there's more minor talents. But there are still far more 'normal' people out there, who've never displayed magical abilities. This doesn't mean they couldn't learn, but like the hardware example above, it would be really difficult for them.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Fusionverse Atlas: Unique Cities

Welcome to Volume 1 of the Fusionverse Atlas, I am your guide CB. I am thrilled to introduce you to some of the unique and wonderful places you may find in the Fusionverse, and am definitely not doing this as punishment by the Sage of the Five Elements for...well you don't need to know what I did. Let's just say the Sage was not amused.

Anyway, the Fusionverse has many wonderful cities to visit all across the galaxy, but I'll just focus on this little mudball called Earth for now. Now while most of the planet is populated and run by the dominant species known as human or Homo Sapiens (heh, Sapiens), there are a few exceptions that exist in this world. The two biggest ones are Robot City (Robots 2005 movie) and Zootopia (Film of the same name).

This city of the future was founded by Modular Man in the 1990s, while he was a fugitive of the United States hiding in Canada. Horrified by the actions he was forced to commit by his amoral creator Maxim Travnicek, he wanted to created a place where robots and androids could be free from the rule of humans who would oppress them.

With the help of Atomic Robo, the world's first sentient robot and Action Scientist, as well as
Dr Thomas Light, a human sympathetic to the robot cause, this city for robots was founded off one of the coasts of Canada on an artificial island. Many robots dream of coming to this city to escape persecution they endure at the hands of disgruntled humans or their creators, however there are more threats than just people. The city has had to fight off many threats from the Autonomous Intelligences Sigma (who was actually created in Robot City) and Ultron, who have attempted to take over the residents of the city with special viruses. In one of these battles, Modular Man lost his life. With the pressure from Avengers Member Vision and Justice League Mainstay Red Tornado, Modular Man was posthumously awarded a pardon by the US government and given a medal of honor.

Residents of the city consist mostly of robots, although there are the occasional human allies who reside here, mostly benign robotocists and their families.* The fact is that despite numerous success stories of robots, there hasn't actually been a way to reliably create new sentient robots. Artificial Life seems to only occur by the actions of Sparks (super scientists) or Fate, neither of which can be predicted.

However Bigweld Industries, a robot owned company that specialises in providing replacement robot parts so robots don't break down, claims they have found a way to reliably make new robots**. There is suspicion it's based on Solex, a strange chemical found in a crashed spaceship, but no statements have been made by the new CEO Ratchet.

An upcoming funeral will be held in Robot City for the loss of Post Organic superhero Vision, which will be attended by the Avengers and many other well wishers from around the globe shall attend.

Famous Residents:
Metal Men [DC Comics]
Mega Man [Based on Modular Man's hardware/software]
Officer Joe Pi [Top Ten]
The Botties [Cubix] (A group of amateur human teen mechanics and their robot pals)
The New Decepticons (A street gang of robots who idolize the Decepticons, but have no affiliation with the organisation)
Runaway Nexus-6 models Replicants [Blade Runner] (Prototype Androids built for war that look like humans, who have come to Robot City as a way to to be free, but also to extend their 4 year life span)
Atomic Robo [Atomic Robo] (Not based in Robot City, but does have a Tesladyne lab in the city. Spends most of his time in America trying to sue Eli Musk for taking his father's name for his company)

*Rumors persist that there are human bounty hunters in the city who look for runaway robots to try and bring them back to their creators, referred to as Blade Runners. The most prominent example of one was a Blade Runner who went looking for a Doom Bot who thought it was Dr Doom, and bring it back home to Latveria. The profession apparently works in outer space as well.

**The truth is that they haven't found a way to make new robots. Ratchet has stopped selling spare parts for robots, forcing the poor to break down and get recycled below the city, essentially killing them and turning the remains into new robots. No one outside the upper ranks in the company knows this.

Founded on what was once known as The Island of Dr Moreau off the coast of Africa, and with funding from Gorilla City, Zootopia is the first city designed with sentient mammals in mind. The city has multiple sections designed for the various environments the animals are suited to, from urban to tundra to jungle and dessert, as well as neighbourhoods designed for smaller mammals such as rodents.

There has been some concern from other anthropomorphic animals that only have a city for mammals is non-inclusive. The fish have made their own city underwater called Bikini Bottom [Spongebob Squarepants], and there is the small avian port city of Duckberg (Duck Tales), but neither rival the majesty of Zootopia.

Even within the Mammal population there is a degree of discrimination between species, especially between predators and prey, where the old bad blood is somewhat of an issue. Additionally, while inter-species romance between Mammals is acknowledged, relations between humans and Sentient animals (refered to as Sapienality) is looked down upon in Zootopia. Lycanthropes and Shifters feel a lot of pressure in Zootopia, as they are considered 'hybrids'.

Famous/Notable residents include:
BoJack Horseman (BoJack Horseman) famous movie and television star, has a house in Zootopia when he's not in Hollywoo (not a typo)
Master Yo (Yin Yang Yo!) A panda who runs a martial arts dojo that teaches the mystical art of Woo Foo, which most discredit as a fake style. He only has two students, a pair of rabbits named Yin and Yang.
Baloo von Bruinwald XIII (TaleSpin) a retired pilot who runs Higher for Hire an air cargo freight business. It's rumored in the 30s he had air battles with the forces of tiger crime lord Shere Khan, owner of Khan Industries, but of course they've covered up any evidence of wrong doing. Baloo is also the trainer for a pair of chipmunks who view themselves as Rescue Rangers named Chip & Dale.
Tadano (Aggretsuko) a tech genius donkey who is planning to launch an AI called ENI-O next year, although he has been finding some difficulty with international government pressure, given the fear of AI.

So that's what I've got so far. We've got two cities where we can store any anthropomorphic settings, or settings with way too many robots, but want them to happen in the modern day. What do you all think? It's very basic and could easily be expanded upon.

Last edited:
I have a working model for Magic now, though I can't say it's integrated everything. I will present it to you in the form of a Google Docs page, linked here with permissions set where you all can comment. It's a start, at least.

Magic in Fusionverse

Last edited:
I find it weird in a setting where we avoid religious iconography, there is a 'Holy Magic' section of magic. That feels more like a mystic style to me, like religious people express their power as if it comes from a glowing deity, versus one who might express their magic more like Wiccans with plants twisting etc, rather than a law of magic.

It looks pretty decent so far.

I find it weird in a setting where we avoid religious iconography, there is a 'Holy Magic' section of magic. That feels more like a mystic style to me, like religious people express their power as if it comes from a glowing deity, versus one who might express their magic more like Wiccans with plants twisting etc, rather than a law of magic.

It looks pretty decent so far.

It isn't actually holy, no more than Profane magic has to be blasphemy. It's terms I'm using to describe what is commonly seen in fantasy fiction, such as Final Fantasy. That aside, we're not avoiding the existence of gods at all. We're avoiding REAL ones. Gods from Elder Scrolls? Viable. Gods from RWBY? Viable. Gods from Greece? Not viable.

Holy doesn't imply a connection to reality at all.

Fusionverse Atlas: Unique Cities

Welcome to Volume 1 of the Fusionverse Atlas, I am your guide CB. I am thrilled to introduce you to some of the unique and wonderful places you may find in the Fusionverse, and am definitely not doing this as punishment by the Sage of the Five Elements for...well you don't need to know what I did. Let's just say the Sage was not amused.

Anyway, the Fusionverse has many wonderful cities to visit all across the galaxy, but I'll just focus on this little mudball called Earth for now. Now while most of the planet is populated and run by the dominant species known as human or Homo Sapiens (heh, Sapiens), there are a few exceptions that exist in this world. The two biggest ones are Robot City (Robots 2005 movie) and Zootopia (Film of the same name).

This city of the future was founded by Modular Man in the 1990s, while he was a fugitive of the United States hiding in Canada. Horrified by the actions he was forced to commit by his amoral creator Maxim Travnicek, he wanted to created a place where robots and androids could be free from the rule of humans who would oppress them.

With the help of Atomic Robo, the world's first sentient robot and Action Scientist, as well as
Dr Thomas Light, a human sympathetic to the robot cause, this city for robots was founded off one of the coasts of Canada on an artificial island. Many robots dream of coming to this city to escape persecution they endure at the hands of disgruntled humans or their creators, however there are more threats than just people. The city has had to fight off many threats from the Autonomous Intelligences Sigma (who was actually created in Robot City) and Ultron, who have attempted to take over the residents of the city with special viruses. In one of these battles, Modular Man lost his life. With the pressure from Avengers Member Vision and Justice League Mainstay Red Tornado, Modular Man was posthumously awarded a pardon by the US government and given a medal of honor.

Residents of the city consist mostly of robots, although there are the occasional human allies who reside here, mostly benign robotocists and their families.* The fact is that despite numerous success stories of robots, there hasn't actually been a way to reliably create new sentient robots. Artificial Life seems to only occur by the actions of Sparks (super scientists) or Fate, neither of which can be predicted.

However Bigweld Industries, a robot owned company that specialises in providing replacement robot parts so robots don't break down, claims they have found a way to reliably make new robots**. There is suspicion it's based on Solex, a strange chemical found in a crashed spaceship, but no statements have been made by the new CEO Ratchet.

An upcoming funeral will be held in Robot City for the loss of Post Organic superhero Vision, which will be attended by the Avengers and many other well wishers from around the globe shall attend.

Famous Residents:
Metal Men [DC Comics]
Mega Man [Based on Modular Man's hardware/software]
Officer Joe Pi [Top Ten]
The Botties [Cubix] (A group of amateur human teen mechanics and their robot pals)
The New Decepticons (A street gang of robots who idolize the Decepticons, but have no affiliation with the organisation)
Runaway Nexus-6 models Replicants [Blade Runner] (Prototype Androids built for war that look like humans, who have come to Robot City as a way to to be free, but also to extend their 4 year life span)
Atomic Robo [Atomic Robo] (Not based in Robot City, but does have a Tesladyne lab in the city. Spends most of his time in America trying to sue Eli Musk for taking his father's name for his company)

*Rumors persist that there are human bounty hunters in the city who look for runaway robots to try and bring them back to their creators, referred to as Blade Runners. The most prominent example of one was a Blade Runner who went looking for a Doom Bot who thought it was Dr Doom, and bring it back home to Latveria. The profession apparently works in outer space as well.

**The truth is that they haven't found a way to make new robots. Ratchet has stopped selling spare parts for robots, forcing the poor to break down and get recycled below the city, essentially killing them and turning the remains into new robots. No one outside the upper ranks in the company knows this.

Founded on what was once known as The Island of Dr Moreau off the coast of Africa, and with funding from Gorilla City, Zootopia is the first city designed with sentient mammals in mind. The city has multiple sections designed for the various environments the animals are suited to, from urban to tundra to jungle and dessert, as well as neighbourhoods designed for smaller mammals such as rodents.

There has been some concern from other anthropomorphic animals that only have a city for mammals is non-inclusive. The fish have made their own city underwater called Bikini Bottom [Spongebob Squarepants], and there is the small avian port city of Duckberg (Duck Tales), but neither rival the majesty of Zootopia.

Even within the Mammal population there is a degree of discrimination between species, especially between predators and prey, where the old bad blood is somewhat of an issue. Additionally, while inter-species romance between Mammals is acknowledged, relations between humans and Sentient animals (refered to as Sapienality) is looked down upon in Zootopia. Lycanthropes and Shifters feel a lot of pressure in Zootopia, as they are considered 'hybrids'.

Famous residents include:
BoJack Horseman (BoJack Horseman) famous movie and television star, has a house in Zootopia when he's not in Hollywoo (not a typo)
Master Yo (Yin Yang Yo!) A panda who runs a martial arts dojo that teaches the mystical art of Woo Foo, which most discredit as a fake style. He only has two students, a pair of rabbits named Yin and Yang.
Baloo von Bruinwald XIII (TaleSpin) a retired pilot who runs Higher for Hire an air cargo freight business. It's rumored in the 30s he had air battles with the forces of tiger crime lord Shere Khan, owner of Khan Industries, but of course they've covered up any evidence of wrong doing. Baloo is also the trainer for a pair of chipmunks who view themselves as Rescue Rangers named Chip & Dale.

So that's what I've got so far. We've got two cities where we can store any anthropomorphic settings, or settings with way too many robots, but want them to happen in the modern day. What do you all think? It's very basic and could easily be expanded upon.
I feel like the Robot city should include Astro Boy in some form.

I feel like the Robot city should include Astro Boy in some form.
I wanted to include him, but I wasn't sure if we wanted him to have started in the 50s in Japan, in which case he might not be around in the 90s. Maybe an inspiration for Megaman.

I was also going to have his creator be involved in Robot city's creation, but the inventor is usually portrayed as a jerk if not villain.

If he's still around modern day I would definitely want Astro Boy to visit if not stay.

I wanted to include him, but I wasn't sure if we wanted him to have started in the 50s in Japan, in which case he might not be around in the 90s. Maybe an inspiration for Megaman.

I was also going to have his creator be involved in Robot city's creation, but the inventor is usually portrayed as a jerk if not villain.

If he's still around modern day I would definitely want Astro Boy to visit if not stay.
I would assume that Astro Boy is still around in the 90s

I would assume that Astro Boy is still around in the 90s
In this setting, given how many more villains there are, (and presumably plot armor weakening to an extent) there's no telling whose still alive 40 years later.

Maybe Astro Boy died fighting Godzilla. Or was Ultron's first victim. Or went off to space and never came back. Who knows in this timeline?

In this setting, given how many more villains there are, (and presumably plot armor weakening to an extent) there's no telling whose still alive 40 years later.

Maybe Astro Boy died fighting Godzilla. Or was Ultron's first victim. Or went off to space and never came back. Who knows in this timeline?
Astro Boy would likely still be an inspirational figure to Robots at least

Back