Is it wrong that I hope Ritsuka gets a break from Gacha hell?
He eventually will... probably. By the time the Babylonia singularity comes around? Or maybe Camelot?

My money's on the dead-obvious IshtaRin, and maybe Parvati!Sakura. After all, he's repeatedly mocked for being 'not at all manly'.

Whereas Kana, being EX-Ranked when it comes to said Gacha, also has insane affinity with Papa!Muramasa and Fuji-nee!JaguarMan.

Last edited:
In other news, Rate up is still Truth.

Had an undeniable urge to roll the Drake banner, and got Drake.

That's 10 5* Servants total now since Thanksgiving, and I'm honestly afraid now. My luck is usually garbage, so what unholy combination of cancer and anthrax am I going to come down with to balance out this karma?

In other news, Rate up is still Truth.

Had an undeniable urge to roll the Drake banner, and got Drake.

That's 10 5* Servants total now since Thanksgiving, and I'm honestly afraid now. My luck is usually garbage, so what unholy combination of cancer and anthrax am I going to come down with to balance out this karma?
Call me Hitman Reindeer 13. You're officially in the Hit List category of FGO players.

Damn, I see this everywhere. Is Saber Arturia really that shitty in FGO?
Yes. She's got a messy skillset that doesn't really focus on anything in particular, and one of her skills is wasted on Instinct aka the worst skill in the game. And even worse everything she does is done pretty much just as well by Saber Alter, a significantly cheaper 4* who has a stronger Noble Phantasm if things weren't humiliating enough for the King of Knights.

When your only real saving grace is your powerful AoE NP, having a copy of you with a stronger NP who's also easier to NP5 is fatal.

Last edited:
Saber Alter is actually stronger than Saber Vanilla when they are both at level 100, with Saber Vanilla's only saving grace being a superior Charisma rank.

That said, she's not shitty. If nothing else her skill kit allows her to hit hard, just not in an especially interesting way or as hard as later servants can with superior buffs and better team synergy. Arturia will fit in just about any team, but she won't be the best option. #Instinct/Charisma Buff When

That said, in Sunny Order, Arturia is actually one of the best Servants you can get, because Instinct does more than spit out crit stars every five turns, Mana Burst is a general purpose beatstick beamcannon instead of a once-every-five-turn NP steroid, and Excalibur is one of the biggest guns in existence, being the Last Phantasm. Coupled with her preexisting familiarity with both Ritsuka and Kana, not being gimped by a poor mana supply, and no hangups about being caught in a death match while being teamed up with a manchild psychopath who uses guns and explosives and refuses to communicate with you... Yeah she's pretty hefty.

Unfortunately she doesn't have Avalon. I imagine Shirou returned it to her at some point, but then she returned it back to him because he's squishier than her and gets into trouble just as often so having high speed regeneration is always good, and... she didn't get it back before the incineration of the human order.

Someone's going to be salty about that, I'm sure. 50/50 on whether its Ritsuka or Saber.

lvl100 Saber Alter only has 200 more attack than lvl100 Saber, but Saber has 2000 more health than Alter. In a straight-up fight, Saber would win.
Unfortunately, in the current FGO meta, 200 attack > 2000 health. Because 200 attack can be the difference between killing an enemy and getting fucked up by a near-dead enemy boss, who can almost certainly deal >4k damage in a single attack. Straight up fights don't work, because the mechanics are such that whoever attacks first wins.

Thankfully there's very few actually bad characters in FGO and you can pretty much use whoever you like and beat the game. Even Saber Lily isn't BAD bad, you can still use her to decent effect if you like her and/or are hurting for sabers.

Damn, I see this everywhere. Is Saber Arturia really that shitty in FGO?
Not really, she is quite good. Saber Vanilla is a generalist 5* with no weaknesses (aside from the obvious Archer weakness) She is the one who rounds out your team. Need damage? Excalibur baby, need support? Have Charisma. Tank? One of the highest effective HP stats (HP/Def) in the game. She has fantastic stats and a semi-spammable NP due to her regaining gauge every time she swings the thing.

The reason people keep comparing her to Saber Alter is that Saber Alter is a 4* (thus easier to acquire) who hits way harder than she does but that is all she can do.

Last edited:
Unfortunately she doesn't have Avalon. I imagine Shirou returned it to her at some point, but then she returned it back to him because he's squishier than her and gets into trouble just as often so having high speed regeneration is always good, and... she didn't get it back before the incineration of the human order.

Someone's going to be salty about that, I'm sure. 50/50 on whether its Ritsuka or Saber.
I'd think that since Herakles is already present to serve as the team's Offensive Tank (God Hand), Avalon is a nifty extra, but hardly critical.

Let Saber!Artoria go fully on the offensive along with Cu Chulainn, EMIYA with ranged support, Mash doing her Masters' bodyguard schtick.

With Kana being implied to be a video gamer, I'd put money on her pointing out this sort of party setup... once they can field a full team.

Then again, Ritsuka's already the resident intellectual, and magnanimously let his adorable/annoying imouto contribute to their tactics.

Last edited:
All this talk of five stars and I don't have even one, in a year of play.
Only Saber is Fergus
Only Lancer is proto Cu
EMIYA is my Archer, but I prefer NP5 Arash
I have every Rider three stars or lower plus Santa Alter Arturia, though Ushi is my best right now.
Every Assassin 3 stars or lower
Every Berserker 3 stars or lower
Every Caster 3 stars or lower, and I got Medea Lily a random 3 quartz gatcha.

What the hell is my luck?

Edit: This is no longer true at all.

Last edited:
Back