Dungeons and Dragons Megathread

I'd... prefer the bulk of stuff be done on SV itself (simply for timing purposes, I don't always know when I have free time), but for mapping purposes, Roll20 works pretty well I've found.
I can manage PBP, the only time I guaranteed can't update is between noon on Saturday to about 3AM Sunday, need to get my IRL D&D fix. :p
If DSP stuff is available, I'm interested. DSP classes are just much more fun mechanically.
At first glance it looks like the DSP stuff is largely updating 3.X Psionics to Pathfinder standards, if you vouch for the balance of it I don't have an issue running with it.

At first glance it looks like the DSP stuff is largely updating 3.X Psionics to Pathfinder standards, if you vouch for the balance of it I don't have an issue running with it.
They also updated Tome of Battle (Path of War) and Magic of Incarnum (Akashic Mysteries)

The later is in essentially open beta, so I can't promise it's all balanced, but I can promise that i'm not the sort who tries to slip stuff past the DM.

Ultimate Psionics is finalized though, and in all likelihood significantly better balanced than Paizo's mechanics.

Pathfinder Psionics have some really cool stuff, and some dual-progression prestige classes that have genuinely interesting fluff and options. Also I love their Soulknives.

No, Horgus. My entire party thought he was bankrolling the cultists, only a secret nat 20 on an insight told me he wasn't.

More seriously than my previous suggestion, the elf-jerk is the one I'd have been most worried about. Miss Paladin there always seems the easiest to trust NPC

I'd be interested, but there is the matter I've read the whole path.

So if anyone has advice on how to operate Roll20 I'd be mighty obliged, I bought the AP PDFs last year and I'm snapshotting the maps with the map tags turned off, but I can't seem to get the maps to fit the overlay so the grid squares match up.

Edit: Nevermind, had to force it to identify the map as a drawing so it would stop snapping to squares and let me change scale and position manually.

Last edited:
I remember thinking that their soulknifes actually work, which is an achievement after 3.5
Soulknives are designed a bit like PF Barbarians, in that they have a unique set of class powers that they pick from as they level up to customize themselves into a specific build. That goes a long way to making them cooler and more powerful, and the rest is largely touch-ups ('this should scale faster,' 'this should come at an earlier level). They're not the strongest class by any means, but they're cool.

I'd be down for playing - I've been looking for a good pathfinder game for a while, and I've heard mostly good things about Wrath of the Righteous.

Since there's a few PF players here: How does this compare to the this? I ask because my first thought was "Oh, it must have come out before the ARG since it features a lot of the same races" but then a casual Google revealed it's kinda much more recent? And the obvious fact that it's not by Paizo left me a little… leery, to put it lightly?

On the other hand, it is also ~$21 for GM Day in PDF form, so if it's not shit that might be a nod in the system's favor over 3.5 (since I tend to play lower level campaigns where the differences between Skill- / Action-classes and Caster-classes matter less) if I ever try to run anything D&D between AD&D and 5E.

Back