Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

What we need is someone to bite the bullet and do a short meta fanfic. Then he/she would be able to cram as much powers as needed. We had a minimum word count for that right?

Everyone gathers around a table or uses skype and a shared online mapping tool and then after people have made their characters they tell the GM what they want to do and roll dice for their actions while the GM controls the NPCs and rolls dice for their actions. Basically a RP but in meatspace and with more solidly written rules. Sometimes they buy a module to run if their GM is unimaginative.
EDIT: People write fanfictions and oneshots and self inserts about being a cape right? So I could write a source story set in the earth bet as long as I don't include spoilers or at least accurate spoilers.

Alright. Taylor can go into tabletop games. But there has to be at least three other people participating with her, not including the GM. Sounds good?

You can write a story. But it cannot include "real" people, i.e. capes that are in Worm.

Alright. Taylor can go into tabletop games. But there has to be at least three other people participating with her, not including the GM. Sounds good?

You can write a story. But it cannot include "real" people, i.e. capes that are in Worm.
Sweet. So no one has ever made shitty armsmaster fanfiction where he gets genderbent and learns a valuable lesson? Or a sexy lesson. Or both.

Oh they have. But it still won't work.
Hm... Thinking about this I kinda want to have it be the start of a fix fic so the main character won't trigger properly. Either on purpose with something similar to Cauldron's formula or just because the IC author doesn't know any better.
EDIT: How likely is PHO to have a fanfiction section? Because when I post this I want it to be in character but don't know how to format that for any other website.

Last edited:
This quest is too stressful. Back to reading headway and hope you choose wisely and are not slapped by the QM for blatant manipulation.

BTW, certain people (Ixians) in Dune know how to build a no-ship/ship/globe, that is a antiprecog room/ship/area (cut out of spacetime where precog works). Not anyone that is a actual character, except maybe a asshole in GEoD that doesn't even have the antiprecog gene so fuck that.

Last edited:
Alright, then just need her to look up look up fanfiction, and have her click on a link to the story/quest, that someone recommends as a favorite.

Really good set of powers: strength, speed, elemental manipulation, healing, spider silk/web, enchanced senses(smell fear), large animal forms, weapon skills, smithing without a smithy, power over metal, and seismic sense. Also metal armor on demand.

Also good for Taylors sanity, really good family and friend would help her trust people.

Last edited:
[X] Wings of Fire Book Six: Moon Rising
[X] Super Powereds Book One
Can't think of a third book. Too bad about the claustrophobia because Darkstalker would be awesome.

Last edited:
Count me againist the whole fanfiction/quest thing. to not add that IC taylor can't get a synopsis of a quest at all unlike a book. Taylor clicking on random fanfiction/quest links is a really bad idea.

Last edited:
Hm... Thinking about this I kinda want to have it be the start of a fix fic so the main character won't trigger properly. Either on purpose with something similar to Cauldron's formula or just because the IC author doesn't know any better.
EDIT: How likely is PHO to have a fanfiction section? Because when I post this I want it to be in character but don't know how to format that for any other website.

The PHO boards does have a fanfiction section. But again, Taylor is unlikely to ever see it.

After the whole Journey of the West thing, Taylor is unlikely to go into a piece of fiction that she hasn't researched first. And its kinda hard to research fanfiction.

Votes are closing in a couple of hours guys. Vote while you still can.

The PHO boards does have a fanfiction section. But again, Taylor is unlikely to ever see it.

After the whole Journey of the West thing, Taylor is unlikely to go into a piece of fiction that she hasn't researched first. And its kinda hard to research fanfiction.
Man. How are we gonna get Runic Revenge then? We needs that magick. Alright. What if me and some guys I know make a review thread for fanfictions we want to try which she can peruse.

Man. How are we gonna get Runic Revenge then? We needs that magick. Alright. What if me and some guys I know make a review thread for fanfictions we want to try which she can peruse.

If you manage to get a bunch of people to go along with it, then yes. That kind of hard work deserves something.

Fuck it.

Plan get out of the rat race:
[X] God Emperor of Dune by Frank Herbert, reincarnate into Siona Atreides, get anti-precog genes(a pity she boinks that asshat gary stu Duncan but that is after the book is over so hopefully it doesn't count). Also her war-party all die ripped apart by monsters, soooo:
[X] Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, reincarnate into Siddhartha, get nirvana
[X] Discworld (Colour of magic, Last hero or Interesting times, i forget what is best) by Terry Pratchett, reincarnate into The Lady, get fate defying power

[X] Write in... (don't do anything with the monkey king power yet). Repair your window ASAP before the heroes are called and hope the hole gets overlooked. In fact, place a rug over the hole and hope they don't look up when they call. Wear sunglasses if you get completely green eyes from the Lady or completely blue eyes from Siona. Hide your tail in baggy sports pants as a inner belt. Tell your parent to hold down his protective instinct because your power makes you and him a prime target and precognitives exist, including a certain evil endbringer so you ARE reading a fiction with antiprecog powers.

Last edited:
Its stuff you would recommend, to someone else on the forum, not something that you would put as a joke.

The quest it self is archived and , I would recommend it for good powers that are in the middle to high practical use.

@The Froggy Ninja would you, put one up for this, I really think this Quest/World would help a lot at least in getting pure metal.

I'll help if a can.

And a list would really help, to keep track of what we have to use.

There's a fantasy series, I think Alex Verses, where the MC is a diviner, able to see the future. I think it allows him to counter others with similar magics (also, Thinkers tend to mess with other Thinkers)

It's Alex Verus. And it's a complex power. He's actually a wizard of a specialized kind and there are counters etc. He's also traumatized from being a slave for years to a 'dark wizard'.

Scry vs scry is a bit boring though, i prefer a passive power and forget about it, unless you'd prefer that kind of combat precog?
I actually forgot that Siona had a precognitive vision of the golden path at the end of GEoD so Taylor might get that too - although i doubt it since all precog in dune depends on melange. What i don't want her to get is Reverend Mother power, for obvious reasons of sanity. Siona never was one. Frankly maybe there is a better 'normal' character in the later books, but half of them are RM, dead RM acolytes or psychotic splinters and the rest gary stu(s) so fuck that.

There is also this guy in the original dune, that Paul Atreides couldn't see, since he was a failed Prophet, but that's kind of risky because Leto thought it essential to take over and refine the bene gesserit breeding plan to duplicate his ability (probably because it wasn't safe to have another prophet accidentally), so the QM can say we just doomed the human race if Taylor has babies, which would be a downer.
Although now that i think about it, he would be a more interesting character to read about than Siona.

(If you do use dune, i implore the QM to not use the shit not written by Frank Herbert, because it's crap)

Last edited:
Its stuff you would recommend, to someone else on the forum, not something that you would put as a joke.

The quest it self is archived and , I would recommend it for good powers that are in the middle to high practical use.

@The Froggy Ninja would you, put one up for this, I really think this Quest/World would help a lot at least in getting pure metal.

I'll help if a can.

And a list would really help, to keep track of what we have to use.
I... Don't fully understand the request. What are you asking?

[x]Player of games.
Worth it just for the language& most the MC suffers is not having drug-glands for a bit & feelings of sympathy for theless fortunate.
[x]Going Postal.
[x]Making Money.
For Moist & Vetinari & Igor & that economist guy.

Last edited:
Back