Does This Mean I Can't Watch TV Anymore? (Worm Quest)

On the subject of Mistborn, I'd suggest we avoid any of the Allomancer characters, precisely due to the nature of their powers- requiring them to ingest ground up metals, something we wouldn't have easy access to- and in a lot of cases requiring expensive or difficult to acquire processes. Some of the powers straight up wouldn't work due to unavailability of the relevant metals, unless they're provided by the power.

However a full blooded Feruchemist- like Sazed- would be a good choice, because those powers are non-destructive of the metals in question, and using them would synergize with our other powers. For example, turning the Monkey King powers on, and then draining strength into our metalminds would be a great way to vary our strength output and also store a hilarious amount of power for later use.

On the subject of Mistborn, I'd suggest we avoid any of the Allomancer characters, precisely due to the nature of their powers- requiring them to ingest ground up metals, something we wouldn't have easy access to- and in a lot of cases requiring expensive or difficult to acquire processes. Some of the powers straight up wouldn't work due to unavailability of the relevant metals, unless they're provided by the power.

However a full blooded Feruchemist- like Sazed- would be a good choice, because those powers are non-destructive of the metals in question, and using them would synergize with our other powers. For example, turning the Monkey King powers on, and then draining strength into our metalminds would be a great way to vary our strength output and also store a hilarious amount of power for later use.
An excellent analysis.
Sazed also has the least trauma - at least over the course of the first book.

Good call actually, i can agree with that vote if you'll formalized (but i already voted ahaha. Not that any of those will win blah).

... We should go and be Jaune Arc from The Games We Play. Motherfucker is OP.
And look how well the last Overpowered character turned out.
Let's keep things reasonable, not try to become the MOST POWERFUL THING EVER!!!! to soon, and enjoy beating up Nazis.
Because if we get too big, then we'll have bigger problems than Nazis, and we won't have time to punch them.

And look how well the last Overpowered character turned out.
Let's keep things reasonable, not try to become the MOST POWERFUL THING EVER!!!! to soon, and enjoy beating up Nazis.
Because if we get too big, then we'll have bigger problems than Nazis, and we won't have time to punch them.
>implying the Monkey King and the Gamer have anything in common
>top kek

You, ah, you sure that getting unlimited potential for growth and getting a lot of power is the same? Plus, the Gamer's Mind would definitely help Taylor.

>implying the Monkey King and the Gamer have anything in common
>top kek

You, ah, you sure that getting unlimited potential for growth and getting a lot of power is the same? Plus, the Gamer's Mind would definitely help Taylor.
Don't know. Not really familiar with the Gamer.
I just don't want to see this descend into ludicrous power levels.

But don't you see? It already has. The Monkey King is stupid OP. Emphasis on both and Taylor has his power.

I agree on all three points. The Monkey King's power is stupid, overpowered, and Taylor has it.
Luckily, we can't access it without wrecking everything.
Yes, but you seem to believe The Games We Play would spontaneously make her OP. That is rather unlikely. It's more likely to give her a Semblance; specifically, Jaune's. His Semblance is to draw up on Metatron's power and knowledge. Mostly knowledge, since Metatron developed a lot of his power from external power sources.

Again, it probably won't make her OP. It's just as likely to give her her Semblance.

Hell, even if we did get it, it would genuinely require of us to train. A lot. Jaune spends days Accelerated so he actually trained a lot of his skills for decades.

Yes, but you seem to believe The Games We Play would spontaneously make her OP. That is rather unlikely. It's more likely to give her a Semblance; specifically, Jaune's. His Semblance is to draw up on Metatron's power and knowledge. Mostly knowledge, since Metatron developed a lot of his power from external power sources.

Again, it probably won't make her OP. It's just as likely to give her her Semblance.

Hell, even if we did get it, it would genuinely require of us to train. A lot. Jaune spends days Accelerated so he actually trained a lot of his skills for decades.

I've never read it. I was responding to this:
... We should go and be Jaune Arc from The Games We Play. Motherfucker is OP.

Finally caught up with everything.

So I say we should try to improve Taylor's sanity first before we try to gain new powers in case of unforeseen consequences. But if we had to do both, how about going into the Powerpuff Girls. It should be a childhood TV show for her, meaning that she has fond memories of it, and I don't think that there is anything too traumatizing for her. She'll also get flight, heat vision, X-Ray vision, and super speed. Bubbles once ran around the world in 7 seconds (Season 4 Episode 5, Members Only). If she does ever do The Powerpuff Girls, I would recommend either Blossom or Bubbles since they have more powers unique to them than Buttercup.

Lilo & Stitch is another option what with all the "Ohana means no one is left behind" lines. I would hesitate to put Taylor in Stitch's role given the possible physical alterations she may receive and if she's Lilo, she can focus on her mental health. Frozen is another, with Taylor as Elsa, mostly for Ice magic and Elsa's relationship with Anna.

For Jackie Chan, how about Jackie Chan Adventures. Taylor can be Jackie, Jade, or even Uncle. Jade once had all the powers of the Talisman infused in her, which would give Taylor healing and immortality, Uncle has Chi magic, and Jackie has his martial arts.

For books, has anyone ever heard of the series, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott? Because I would recommend Taylor at least reading the first two books and assuming the role of Sophie Newman.

In the first book, Sophie is Awakened, letting her use magic and having enhanced senses. She also learns the Magic of Air by receiving all of the Witch of Endor's memories and experiences. The few downsides that I can immediately think of is sensory overload and an identity crisis from the massive influx of memories from the Witch of Endor who lived for thousands of years (she's at least 10,000 years old and, if IIRC, she once turned an entire Roman legion into fingernail-sized figures to wear them as a necklace. The Romans were kept alive for centuries in that state too).

The second book helps partially solve both issues in that Sophie gets used to her new senses and Joan of Arc helps her organize her newly gain memories. In addition, Sophie learns the Magic of Fire and how to make armor with her aura/magic. The armor is also somewhat automatic in that it instantly formed to protect her from fire before she was even aware of the danger. It should also be noted that Awakened humans need to eat less and eventually, don't need to sleep as much. One character - Billy the Kid - noted that he only needs 1 hour of sleep per week and he's perfectly fine. If we get to at least the second to last book, The Warlock (which came out in 2011), Sophie would know all four elemental magic.

The main downside to aura is the fact that using too much will result in spontaneous combustion of the user and the fact that it's not as OP as other powers. Aura/magic is mainly limited by how much power the person has and, in some cases, imagination.

For video games, I was going to suggest American McGee's Alice and its sequel Alice Madness Returns, but given the fact that Alice is insane and traumatized by her family burning to death in both games, it's probably not the best idea unless Taylor has full Sanity. I also recommend Warframe though for space-ninja-steal-all-the-loot shenanigans, but she would need to build her own Warframes since the Second Dream revealed the truth about Tennos. Then again, her Warframe(s) may just come with her like Ru Yi Jin Gu Bang did. On the other hand, Taylor's inability to control her Tenno powers would harm those around her like it did with the canon Tennos.

Last edited:
I'm actually pretty sick of every Taylor quest where choosing is possible gravitating to Tinker powers, because it inevitably means that there are numerous scenes where she's doing nothing but 'tinkering', which is incredibly dull.

Actually that may not be the case. As per Shadows of Self
Metals created by other shards are capable of unique power interactions with the allomancy/feruchemy/hemalurgy
"Yeah, about that."

Been there, done that, got the hat.
That was a Godmetal, which Adamantium might qualify as. Up to the QM, I guess.
Good catch.

Finally caught up with everything.

So I say we should try to improve Taylor's sanity first before we try to gain new powers in case of unforeseen consequences. But if we had to do both, how about going into the Powerpuff Girls. It should be a childhood TV show for her, meaning that she has fond memories of it, and I don't think that there is anything too traumatizing for her. She'll also get flight, heat vision, X-Ray vision, and super speed. Bubbles once ran around the world in 7 seconds (Season 4 Episode 5, Members Only). If she does ever do The Powerpuff Girls, I would recommend either Blossom or Bubbles since they have more powers unique to them than Buttercup.

Powerpuff girls was fucking horrifying.

Lilo & Stitch is another option what with all the "Ohana means no one is left behind" lines. I would hesitate to put Taylor in Stitch's role given the possible physical alterations she may receive and if she's Lilo, she can focus on her mental health. Frozen is another, with Taylor as Elsa, mostly for Ice magic and Elsa's relationship with Anna.

Disney might be a better choice, although a lot of Disney classics are actually pretty horrifying with modern person mindset. Lilo and Stich probably won't result in any lasting trauma, it's definitely one of the lighter Disney movies.

For Jackie Chan, how about Jackie Chan Adventures. Taylor can be Jackie, Jade, or even Uncle. Jade once had all the powers of the Talisman infused in her, which would give Taylor healing and immortality, Uncle has Chi magic, and Jackie has his martial arts.

I'm super concerned about unforseen interactions between multiple sources that cover the same legend- we've already read the Journey to the West, while Jackie Chan adventures might be a fun thing, there's also a lot of real potential for it to go horribly wrong.

In the first book, Sophie is Awakened, letting her use magic and having enhanced senses. She also learns the Magic of Air by receiving all of the Witch of Endor's memories and experiences. The few downsides that I can immediately think of is sensory overload and an identity crisis from the massive influx of memories from the Witch of Endor who lived for thousands of years (she's at least 10,000 years old and, if IIRC, she once turned an entire Roman legion into fingernail-sized figures to wear them as a necklace. The Romans were kept alive for centuries in that state too).

You'll note I picked a book where the 'receiving the memories/experience of someone else' includes a natural buffer to specifically prevent identity crisis and/or massive mental trauma.

The main downside to aura is the fact that using too much will result in spontaneous combustion of the user and the fact that it's not as OP as other powers. Aura/magic is mainly limited by how much power the person has and, in some cases, imagination.

Holy crap yeah, we should probably avoid stuff that lets you self destruct.

For video games, I was going to suggest American McGee's Alice and its sequel Alice Madness Returns, but given the fact that Alice is insane and traumatized by her family burning to death in both games, it's probably not the best idea unless Taylor has full Sanity. I also recommend Warframe though for space-ninja-steal-all-the-loot shenanigans, but she would need to build her own Warframes since the Second Dream revealed the truth about Tennos. Then again, her Warframe(s) may just come with her like Ru Yi Jin Gu Bang did. On the other hand, Taylor's inability to control her Tenno powers would harm those around her like it did with the canon Tennos.

Warframe if it exists would potentially be pretty good.

Powerpuff girls was fucking horrifying.

To be fair, we can pick which episodes we want. So we can always choose the episode that's least likely to traumatize Taylor while still showcasing several of the girls' abilities. The same goes for Jackie Chan Adventures. Since the entire episode list is on wiki, she can always research it beforehand before watching the show.

And about the possible trouble with power interactions, can Taylor train herself to switch/turn her powers on/off faster? So that during a fight, she can switch between powers that don't interact well with each other.

You'll note I picked a book where the 'receiving the memories/experience of someone else' includes a natural buffer to specifically prevent identity crisis and/or massive mental trauma.

The second book solves most of the problem with the memories. Afterwards, it's just the occasional flashbacks and language skills transferred over. For instance, at one point, she has a conversation with an immortal human in Japanese. The only time the memories went past the flashbacks was when the Witch of Endor knew that Sophie was going to meet her brother and sent a message to him. I don't really remember the exact sequence of events other than Sophie playing the messenger while sounding exactly like the Witch.

Warframe if it exists would potentially be pretty good.

It should also be noted that since Warframe is an MMO and Taylor can break out of role and interact with the NPCs more, she can always ask Ordis and others for blueprints.

Update coming tomorrow.

I love all the discussion going on. :lol

I love all the discussion going on. :lol
I admire your tenacity; all I'm seeing is some intense fanwank.
I'm super concerned about unforseen interactions between multiple sources that cover the same legend-
Except that our powers are shard based. QM explicitly mentioned Queen Administrator before and how our powers would work if a power nullifier was nearby.

We don't have magic per se, it's just Queen Administrator shenanigans à la Glaistig Uaine.

An excellent analysis.
Sazed also has the least trauma - at least over the course of the first book.
An eunuch, remember?

That IS a good pick though, for Jade. She has the time of her life there and someone else always gets to suffer her consequences for her beyond getting grounded.

Back