Status
Not open for further replies.
KyuBuddy wish and he's likely to do it of his own initiative. :V
And that may be a good reason for that Wish over another one but why over not wishing.

So I've been thinking, Perhaps they can help us quickly get down to the local hospital. Kyubey can grab our money for us and we can ask the nice people at the hospital if they have anything that will make it so it doesn't hurt so much. But they have to get it for us quickly because our parents could be back to check on us soon and if they find out we're trying to circumvent our punishment then will punish us even harder.

And that may be a good reason for that Wish over another one but why over not wishing.

So I've been thinking, Perhaps they can help us quickly get down to the local hospital. Kyubey can grab our money for us and we can ask the nice people at the hospital if they have anything that will make it so it doesn't hurt so much. But they have to get it for us quickly because our parents could be back to check on us soon and if they find out we're trying to circumvent our punishment then will punish us even harder.
Because it allows us to get that result without the levels of contrived scheming needed otherwise.

All MG's have a natural healing ability, and they can use it on others. Azura even asked if we were an MG yet, so that it wouldn't cost as much to heal us. if we ask for a contrived plan to get hospital supplies to help us through the pain, they'll just say no, that's too much effort, make a wish so I can heal you already.

Durability could easily play into ease of magic use if magic strains the structural integrity of the soul.

He says that the extra durability is because the body becomes disposable and less vulnerable to pain. Nothing about the durability of the soul.

He explicitly states the soul gems allow for more efficient use of magic.

Huh. That wasn't in my translation.Wishes still happen prior to the Soul Gem being pulled out though So this is clearly not a big problem.

And? MG Magic is different than MG magic otherwise it wouldn't have been such a revelation.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. The point is that corruption is an addition Kyuubey added on. With the ability to naturalise thing, we could remove it and would never need to cleanse. Even if our magic was weaker and our body less durable, that'd be worth it. If it got stuffed back in our body, it would also mean we'd no longer be vulnerable to separation of body and soul.

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Also he says that their souls are easier to protect in their gem. That could refer to being able to cleanse them which would make them safer.

I'm using it in the informal context of "evidence that he's a dick". He explains what he means when he says they're easier to protect. They're a small target, unlike our body. That's it. And again, not being able to cleanse matters squat in the situation I'm describing as we'd have naturalised emotions, so we'd recover from negative emotions like a normal human being, without ever needing to cleanse in the first place.

Energy Source =/= Magic.
Energy source that defies thermodynamics does equal magic. That's what the show implies (which makes sense. It defies physics.)

If he wanted everyone to go straight to Witch they would never know about Grief Seeds. He would just let everyone Witch and take over the earth thereby destroying everyone. That would waste a lot of energy.

Point. Doesn't stop it from being to his advantage for the wish to cost corruption though. It means the girl is forced to go hunting right away. More emotional turmoil, more doubt in her wish, faster collection of grief seeds, faster witch turnover. It's all good to him.

Except the system they use does. Unless you know how to use any other system that doesn't matter. Also :Citation Needed:. Just because they can gather energy from other emotions doesn't mean that it would be enough to fuel magic.

See above. And again, it doesn't matter that we don't know another system. All that matters is that corruption is an extra addition. We can remove that addition via naturalisation.

In conclusion. There could be other systems for Kyubey to collect energy but they might not necessarily use magic.

Again, see above.

Anyway

[x]Make a wish

This is our community and it is being attacked by unnatural abominations. It is only natural to get the power to sop them so we can be the predator instead of the prey. We don't know how long it'll take to unlock our Green and before we do, another witch may come to prey on us. Or our father could walk in. This situation is wrong and needs to change and if it takes a wish to do that, it is only natural that we'd use it.

I think people are going overblown with the whole natural shit to justify things. It's starting to annoy me.

I know we are a green mage but come on. Green doesn't dictate our life, Aria's personality and choices do. It's more so that her personality resonates in some way with green mana to the point she could use it instead of green mana overwriting her so she could use it.

...Sorry, as I said this kinda started to irritate me.

edit: stupid spell checker.

Last edited:
Hell, going for a wish means our character has pretty much a death sentence that I wouldn't wish on anyone and unlike Jade she just can't planeswalker away to avoid the problems or get more effective means of dealing with them.

Our characters situation could potentially be fixed without selling our characters soul to a cute bunnycat thing for a shiny. I'd say go for that before anything else.

And if it doesn't work out? Well, we could say we tried everything and actually need to wish in order to survive.

Hell, going for a wish means our character has pretty much a death sentence that I wouldn't wish on anyone and unlike Jade she just can't planeswalker away to avoid the problems or get more effective means of dealing with them.
Everyone dies. Unless you have an invulnerable soul, that is. :V
Honestly, it's possible Kyubes could disable the grief generation thing wholesale if we wish gud. I doubt it's likely, for meta reasons, but it's theoretically possible.

He doesn't say a lot of things. Why would he want to give a non-horrifying reason for soul gems to a girl primed for grief spiral?

e doesn't say things he wants to hide. He volunteers stuff that makes him look better. That would have made him look better, so the fact that he never said it indicates that it's not true.

Our characters situation could potentially be fixed without selling our characters soul to a cute bunnycat thing for a shiny. I'd say go for that before anything else.

And if it doesn't work out? Well, we could say we tried everything and actually need to wish in order to survive.

This is OOC reasoning. Wishing is a terrible idea, but Aria doesn't know the stuff that makes it a terrible idea so we have to pretend it isn't. And OOC, I'm interested in the result.

This is OOC reasoning. Wishing is a terrible idea, but Aria doesn't know the stuff that makes it a terrible idea so we have to pretend it isn't. And OOC, I'm interested in the result.

She knows enough. The corruption on the soul, and things like that she's been finding out about through the updates. Kyubey trying to screw her over and mislead her. It's not OOC when its already there in the updates which our character found out.

Things like that are alone great enough for our character to not want to make a wish.

-edit-

The constant pressuring to make one when our character politely asked the bunnycat to wait and allow us to think? Also should be raising a red flag.

Last edited:
e doesn't say things he wants to hide. He volunteers stuff that makes him look better. That would have made him look better, so the fact that he never said it indicates that it's not true.
Looking better would be counterproductive when he was trying to make Sayaka grief spiral.

Looking better would be counterproductive when he was trying to make Sayaka grief spiral.
Sayaka was unconscious at the time and far more important to him was not discouraging Madoka from contracting. Which is why he did say stuff about the greatness of Soul Gems to make him look better. Your argument is invalid and demonstrated as wrong by the show.

Could I have a vote tally, please?

EDIT: Vote is not locked yet, as always. (Unless I specifically lock it, voting isn't locked)

Last edited:
Could I have a vote tally, please?

Vote Tally : Disjunction (PMMM/Ignition) | Page 43 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.0

[x] make a wish.
No. of Votes: 6

[x] Ask Azura more questions.
-[x] You don't feel anything from it?
-[x] Do you also not feel anything from the Grief Seeds?
[X] Tell them both that you're able to feel something from your pendant, and that you'd like to at least try to understand what it is and get access to this mana stuff without becoming an actual Magical Girl, and that Azura bothering you and poking at you isn't making it any easier.
No. of Votes: 5

[X] Have Kyubey put your pendant back exactly where he found it exactly how he first found it.
[X] Try something else to get her to leave.
-[X] Curl up and try to get some sleep.
No. of Votes: 3

[X] Tell Azuara that it wasn't your idea for her to come, it was Kyubey's that she answer a few questions for us. Since we can apparently use telepathy he is the one wasting her time.
-[X] It's past your bedtime as well and you just want to sleep now. Maybe you can talk later?
[x] Have Kyubey put your pendant back exactly where he found it exactly how he first found it.
[X] Go to sleep.
No. of Votes: 2

[x] Have Kyubey put your pendant back exactly where he found it exactly how he first found it.
[x]Make a wish
No. of Votes: 1

--[X] Deliberately ignore Azura, too. Maybe she'll will go away after a bit..? It's rather rude, but almost your entire body already hurts. You don't want to give your father any more reasons to make it even worse.

[X] Tell them both that you're able to feel something from your pendant, and that you'd like to at least try to understand what it is and get access to this mana stuff without becoming an actual Magical Girl, and that Azura bothering you and poking at you isn't making it any easier.
[X] Tell Azuara that it wasn't your idea for her to come, it was Kyubey's that she answer a few questions for us. Since we can apparently use telepathy he is the one wasting her time.
-[X] It's past your bedtime as well and you just want to sleep now. Maybe you can talk later?
[X] Go to sleep.

Total No. of Voters: 19

Vote Tally : Disjunction (PMMM/Ignition) | Page 43 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.0

No. of Votes: 7

[x]Make a wish
No. of Votes: 7

No. of Votes: 4

No. of Votes: 4

[X] Go to sleep.

--[X] Deliberately ignore Azura, too. Maybe she'll will go away after a bit..? It's rather rude, but almost your entire body already hurts. You don't want to give your father any more reasons to make it even worse.

Total No. of Voters: 19

1.5: Growth

"So... You don't feel anything at all from my pendant?"

"Nope. Should I?"

"The ability to detect and manipulate mana is so rare as to be almost unique. You should not, and if you could, I would have quite a few questions for you."

"What about the grief seeds? Do you feel anything from them?"

"Well, they feel kinda like concentrated despair when they're full, but other than that, nope!"

Kyubey turns to Azura and gives her a look which indicates his lack of belief in her ability to pass a drug test. You're pretty sure Azura was serious.

Azura puffs her cheeks and glares at both you and Kyubey, crossing her arms as she does so.

"It's magic. I ain't gotta explain sh—anything. Stupid swearing ban."

"I can feel something from my pendant, but it's kinda hard to focus with you two constantly requiring my attention. I'd like to at least try to get access to 'mana' without becoming a magical girl."

"...Okay, that's fair," Azura admits grudgingly. She deliberately turns away from you, conjures a tiny ball of light, and starts batting at it. No matter what angle she hits it from, it always goes straight up and comes right back down.

When you turn to examine your pendant once more, you get the impression of something both gargantuan and very much alive. You have a dim feeling you might be able to do something with it eventually, but you're going to need to grow first. You're not sure if the growth is literal or some sort of metaphor. There might be some method of forcing the process, but you think it might be rather explosive and harmful to anyone else nearby.

No matter how long you stare at your pendant, you can't detect anything else from it.

When you return your attention to the outside world, you find Azura sleeping on the floor. She's hugging Kyubey, but he doesn't look particularly bothered by his reassignment to teddy bear duty.

[] Wake up Azura.
-[] And ask her if she could please leave.
--[] What do you tell her to try and get her to leave? (Write-in)

[] Ask Azura more questions.
-[] Write-in

[] Have Kyubey put your pendant back exactly where he found it exactly how he first found it.

[] Make a wish.
(Will initiate another round of voting for the specific wish to be made.)

[] Curl up into a ball and go to sleep.

[] Write-in

For those supporting wish-making: I suggest you explain your reasoning for why you would want to do so. Continuing to vote for wishing without trying to convert other people to your side won't really work out for you. The same goes for those who are against it, but as "don't wish" is currently the more popular opinion, it's not as major.

A few people have started to do this over the past few pages, but they've mostly been pointing out reasons to go for a specific wish. I think you need more for why you would want to contract at all.

EDIT: And since this seems to be a common misconception, yes, Green can still cleanse soul gems. I know in Ignition I initially said otherwise, but I quickly edited that particular post when I thought of a method.

Last edited:
[X] Wake up Azura.
-[X] And ask her if she could please leave.
--[] Suggestions for a specific method of making her leave are welcome.

[X] Have Kyubey put your pendant back exactly where he found it exactly how he first found it.

Also, convincing people one way or the other means there'll be less salt if people do wish / try not to ever wish. Collaborative plans are often the best plans.

Last time dad found kyubey in the room we got our plushies back.
What about a strange meguca?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back