Status
Not open for further replies.

She isn't actually a bitch? It's not like she's hurting us or even trying to manipulate us that hard, she's just staying around (and we're tied up in a basement and asked her to come here, that's pretty reasonable) and talking. Given Aria has no friends and she probably realizes that it's not like she's being mean.

[X] Ignore Azura and study your pendant. Kyubey seems to think it creates the same energy as you could. See if you can find it.
[X] Tell Azura that her coming along will only make things worse for you once she leaves.

Here's hoping she tries to adopt us.

Also, just say NO to wishes.

[X] Ignore Azura and study your pendant. Kyubey seems to think it creates the same energy as you could. See if you can find it.

Kyubey does so by giving people soul gems. If it could be done without them, someone should've figured it out by now.

Kyuubey says that Soul Gems are for durability, not ease of magic use. If it was impossible for people without Soul Gems to use magic or if they made using magic safer, he would have said so in his defense of them. Also, again, we see magical girls use magic before their Soul Gems are pulled out.

...I'm scratching my head trying to think of how this relates to anything, or what we're even arguing about here.
More reasons not to post while tired...

The point is that MG magic doesn't have to cost corruption.

Entirely possible, my thoughts are like mud right now, but I note that while he could do that, he never said it would be safe to do so.

Again, it would have been in his interest to say that it wouldn't be safe when defending Soul Gems. He didn't, which is damning.

She doesn't know about them. Kyuubey isn't going to tell her about every girl with potential, and she can't detect it herself.

Mami confirms that magical girls can detect potential.

Yeah... I'm not going to start slogging through transcripts to get answers.

:Citation Needed:

Kyuubey says that they discovered the energy source from emotions before discovering humans. He also said that they don't have to use hope-to-grief. He also says that the reason Incubators don't do it is that they lack emotions. This means that they discovered the process wokrs on non-humans first. It also means that they discovered that forming grief and thus withes isn't necessary. Magical Girls are called that as they are immature witches, but the first users of the power wouldn't have been as they wee using other emotions.

:Citation Needed:
If Kyubey is absorbing the energy during the moment of transformation he could be absorbing that grief. Normally it is protected by the soul where he can't get it but in this case, with all that energy being thrown around, he might have access.

That would be entirely out of his interests. He put the Soul Gem their on purpose and it's demonstrated to be grief permeable. He would not add a limitation he didn't want there and as Rebellion says "We think you should all become witches as soon as possible".

Unnecessary to what? If Soul Gems are what allows MG's to use magic safely and without Witching out in short order then they aren't necessary. Just highly useful.

Witching out in the first place is an addition by Kyubey. He says as much. They don't need to use grief. They can use any emotion. Meaning that standard, natural emotional fluctuation would work perfectly well.

Does she not know that this wastes half the grief seed's capacity, or is this a deliberate Kyubey-style half-truth?
Witches seem to be common enough in particular branch of PMMM that Seeds aren't really an issue. I'm pretty sure it's because Kyuubey is intentionally keeping magical girl numbers low for publicity purposes, and the girls he considers expendable get turned into Witches immediately.

Also 20% is the minimum to not waste capacity. No idea where you got half from.

Last edited:
Kyuubey says that Soul Gems are for durability, not ease of magic use.
Durability could easily play into ease of magic use if magic strains the structural integrity of the soul.
Witches seem to be common enough in particular branch of PMMM that Seeds aren't really an issue.
They're enough of an issue for girls to trade normal seeds and sorceress seeds around for efficiency.

[:V] Well, if Azura won't leave, maybe she could sing us a song?
-[:V] How about "Lost in Thoughts All Alone"?

[X] Tell Azura that her coming along will only make things worse for you once she leaves.
-[X] Plead with her to leave if you must.
--[X] If she still refuses to leave, ignore Azura and study your pendant. Kyubey seems to think it creates the same energy as you could. See if you can find it.
----[X] Maybe if you can figure it out they will leave you alone. You don't want that unnatural gunk in your body. That girl... she stopped that natural growth of her body and now acts strangely. She won't leave you alone. She's trying to force you into doing something you don't want to do. If you could just access the energy within yourself. Your natural potential... You Won't Be Powerless Anymore.

Last edited:
Kyuubey says that Soul Gems are for durability, not ease of magic use. If it was impossible for people without Soul Gems to use magic or if they made using magic safer, he would have said so in his defense of them. Also, again, we see magical girls use magic before their Soul Gems are pulled out.
Your souls are your real bodies.
It's placed inside the compact vessel, where they're easier to protect, and where you can control your magic more efficiently.
He explicitly states the soul gems allow for more efficient use of magic.

The point is that MG magic doesn't have to cost corruption.
And? MG Magic is different than MG magic otherwise it wouldn't have been such a revelation.

Again, it would have been in his interest to say that it wouldn't be safe when defending Soul Gems. He didn't, which is damning.
I don't think that word means what you think it means. Also he says that their souls are easier to protect in their gem. That could refer to being able to cleanse them which would make them safer.

Kyuubey says that they discovered the energy source from emotions before discovering humans.
He also said that they don't have to use hope-to-grief. He also says that the reason Incubators don't do it is that they lack emotions. This means that they discovered the process wokrs on non-humans first. It also means that they discovered that forming grief and thus withes isn't necessary. Magical Girls are called that as they are immature witches, but the first users of the power wouldn't have been as they wee using other emotions.
Energy Source =/= Magic.

That would be entirely out of his interests. He put the Soul Gem their on purpose and it's demonstrated to be grief permeable. He would not add a limitation he didn't want there and as Rebellion says "We think you should all become witches as soon as possible".
If he wanted everyone to go straight to Witch they would never know about Grief Seeds. He would just let everyone Witch and take over the earth thereby destroying everyone. That would waste a lot of energy.

Witching out in the first place is an addition by Kyubey. He says as much. They don't need to use grief. They can use any emotion. Meaning that standard, natural emotional fluctuation would work perfectly well.
Except the system they use does. Unless you know how to use any other system that doesn't matter. Also :Citation Needed:. Just because they can gather energy from other emotions doesn't mean that it would be enough to fuel magic.

In conclusion. There could be other systems for Kyubey to collect energy but they might not necessarily use magic.

Last edited:
That counts as an issue? They're trading peacefully as compared to slaughtering each other for Seeds and to reduce competition in a frantic attempt to not die horribly.
It's far enough from "everyone has more seeds than they know what to do with" to be relevant to the context of this discussion, which was whether Azura's suggestion that we could afford to burn seeds on keeping tiny amounts of grief away was reasonable or why she said it if it's not.

Can't recall if it came up in Ignition and I'm ridiculously behind - do we know what the situation is with the main characters from PMMM are up to?

[x] Make a wish.

Copying's awkward from a phone and the other option that I like, studying the pendant, seems to be winning anyhow.

Can't recall if it came up in Ignition and I'm ridiculously behind - do we know what the situation is with the main characters from PMMM are up to?
Homura seems to be part of Extra-Heretical-Walmart-Chan so Mami and Madoka are mosy likely out of the game one way or another. Plus Japan is mostly a no-go zone for Kyubey since pretty much everyone now knows about his Soul Gem shenanigans.

Last edited:
It's far enough from "everyone has more seeds than they know what to do with" to be relevant to the context of this discussion, which was whether Azura's suggestion that we could afford to burn seeds on keeping tiny amounts of grief away was reasonable or why she said it if it's not.

It's probably not that extreme, but Kyubey makes sure that everyone gets about enough to stay stable. If Azura is the only MG in the city, and she burns through all but one of her seeds somehow, Kyubes will witch out a few girls to get her some cheap drops and she'll manage.

She said partial cleanses to prevent a foothold. You're the one turning that into wasting capacity by burning tiny amounts of grief.

It's common knowledge thanks to Agneyastra's infodump that 20% is the minimum for maximum efficiency.

-[X] Plead with her to leave if you must.
--[X] If she still refuses to leave, ignore Azura and study your pendant. Kyubey seems to think it creates the same energy as you could. See if you can find it.
----[X] Maybe if you can figure it out they will leave you alone. You don't want that unnatural gunk in your body. That girl... she stopped that natural growth of her body and now acts strangely. She won't leave you alone. She's trying to force you into doing something you don't want to do. If you could just access the energy within yourself. Your natural potential... You Won't Be Powerless Anymore.

-[X] Maybe if you can figure it out they will leave you alone. You don't want that unnatural gunk in your body. That girl... she stopped that natural growth of her body and now acts strangely. She won't leave you alone. She's trying to force you into doing something you don't want to do. If you could just access the energy within yourself. Your natural potential... You Wont Be Powerless Anymore.
Why are you trying to make Aria dislike Azura for the sake of a powerup. Just because it's Green doesn't mean it's a good idea.

1.4: It's... Something.

You turn away from Azura and contort your body in an attempt to look at your pendant without letting go of it. You need to twist quite a bit and the resulting pain makes your head swim, but you eventually manage it.

Your pendant looks like it always has: A teardrop of sparkling amber surrounding a tiny flower. You don't know what kind of flower it is, but you still think it's beautiful.

You think there might be something there, but you can only get the dimmest idea of what it might be. Whatever it is, it's massive.

"Rude." Azura interrupts aloud, puffing her cheeks out and poking your forehead.

You cringe and hope your parents didn't hear. You're pretty sure the basement is soundproofed, but they have placed intercoms downstairs before...

"Please use telepathy."

You shift back into a more comfortable position, but you still don't let go of your pendant.

"I tried. You ignored me. Meanie." Azura crosses her arms and pouts at you. "I came out past my bedtime to help you. Could you please avoid wasting my time? I'm okay with just chatting n stuff, but going off and staring at your precccioussss is boring. I don't see what's so special about it. Besides being shiny and pretty, but look!"

Azura cups both hands in front of herself and visibly concentrates. A literal handful of tiny diamonds flash into existence, landing atop her waiting palms.

"I can make pretty stuff, too! They aren't permanent, but it's not like other people can tell 'til they actually vanish."

[] Try something else to get her to leave.
-[] Curl up and try to get some sleep.
--[] Deliberately ignore Azura, too. Maybe she'll will go away after a bit..? It's rather rude, but almost your entire body already hurts. You don't want to give your father any more reasons to make it even worse.
-[] Write-in

[] Ask Azura more questions.
-[] Write-in

[] Have Kyubey put your pendant back exactly where he found it exactly how he first found it.

[] Make a wish.
(Will initiate another round of voting for the specific wish to be made. Apparently I need to include this or otherwise people will think it's no longer an IC action. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

[] Write-in

Really, guys? Say "natural" even more, why don't you? :V

For the record, it wouldn't have accomplished anything anyway.

Last edited:
[x] Have Kyubey put your pendant back exactly where he found it exactly how he first found it.

[x]Make a wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back