Digging for Nations in the Desert (No SV, You are a Micronation in the End of the World)

Can we set up chip fabs?
Like, even if we need to import the lithography equipment, if still like to get in on that. And Steve would probably be happy about having a supply within easy reach.
I want to do this, but I'm not sure it's worth doing in the coming turn. We've gotta do Military, Oil, and Research actions at high priority, after all. Then comes the question of whether it makes more sense to do mining or fabrication first.

Think we are gonna have to expand to the Coast and the nearby lands
It's an option. Expanding militarily will have the whole world on our ass, so I would not recommend it. Gaining sovereign territory through diplomacy is unlikely to work unless the target is desperate (though something to keep an eye out for, it'd have to be a pretty exceptional circumstance). "Soft" expansion through economic agreements letting us act on another nation's land (owning it more on the scale of private property) are probably our best bet for horizontal expansion. There's also going vertical with better tech, which seems like a worthwhile avenue.

We could find a faction that would give us the land for helping them win the civil war
Well... The problem is, any faction that holds rights to the land, on both sides, hate you, not only for being a forigner, but for squatting on lands they claim.

Especially with the resources that you have now.

They will start the third world war, just to get the stuff you have.

I wonder if it would be possible to invest in solar. It's not like we lack sunlight. And I'd rather we try to diversify our energy sources early.

You know the old adage. Never get high on your own supply.

I wonder if it would be possible to invest in solar. It's not like we lack sunlight. And I'd rather we try to diversify our energy sources early.

I mean you can try.

But you will most likely not create solar pannels that are efficient enough to actually supply you, Africa, and the World... with energy that can last.

And in saying that, you roll a thousand again.

We kind of need space for solar farms...
Which is kind of a premium for us. Not sure if we got those small solar panels available yet.

We are kind of sitting on the MOTHERLOAD. So our neighbors are just waiting for a 'sufficiently acceptable' excuse for the international community to invade us.

Agrivoltaics is a thing. You can grow plants and capture PV solar energy at the same time. The plants do their thing while the panels capture some energy and help shade the plants(remember, hot desert).
It may be ineffecient in pure production but it does help in the end when it comes to reducing water needs and getting some intrinstic energy production.

Anyways, if we do want to go with solar, we also need power storage somehow. ATM, batteries are out of the picture.

Which is kind of a premium for us. Not sure if we got those small solar panels available yet.
Mandatory solar roofing.

Agrivoltaics is a thing. You can grow plants and capture PV solar energy at the same time. The plants do their thing while the panels capture some energy and help shade the plants(remember, hot desert).

It may be ineffecient in pure production but it does help in the end when it comes to reducing water needs and getting some intrinstic energy production.

Anyways, if we do want to go with solar, we also need power storage somehow. ATM, batteries are out of the picture.
Water batteries. Use solar power to pump water into holding tanks then when needed release the water to run through a turbine.

Last edited:
Back