Even more interesting is that I-58 landed bow-first on the bottom, so she's stuck up at an angle.

"Huh. Well that explains the recurring sore neck, I guess? Would it be bad if I... uh... depth charge... myself never thought I'd say that... to roll myself over into a more comfortable position?"

edit:
Prinz: "While we're at it, can someone roll me over or tow me to somewhere a bit deeper? As nice as it is to have a toasty stern even in the North Sea tho it'd be nice if the others stopped groping it as a handwarmer, I can't actually wear cute swimsuits without everyone noticing the... ah... unusual tanlines."

I am now imagining Arizona scrubbing Akebono's mouth out with soap.

Or Jersey giving her lessons in proper vocabulary?

Last edited:
Proper vocabulary seems more like a Warspite thing...with Akatsuki as either assistant teacher or co-student, of course. :)

I should have specified proper swearing vocabulary. While Akebono has plenty of enthusiasm, piss, and vinegar, she lacks the colorful range, variety and imagination of Jersey. :p

After adequate training she'll be able to tear a strip of someone in five to eight languages, curdle milk at twenty miles and strip paint off walls.

This may lead to adoption requests from a number of drill instructors. ;)

Last edited:
Stripping paint from walls is a function of tone, not vocabulary. Doing so properly requires years of practice, and is not a skill that can be learned in mere weeks of lessons.

Back