The next time y'all start a topic I asked closed because you were spiraling on it -- not on this topic, the next time on any topic -- I'm not calling for you to knock it off, I'm jumping straight to reports. Addressing nobody in particular: Don't restart dead topics. Don't treat your opponents like an intellectual dead space. Again, I will not ask, next time.
Speaking of moving forward, have you arrived at a ruling on the Triumph and the Articles? I can't find them in threadmarks.

Last edited:
Depends on when Burns decided to join in, if at all. Remember, the Rainbow Uprising very nearly threw the Japanese entirely off of Cascadia, which probably implies a level of force well beyond "a spare OWE short mechanized regiment" - enough force that Burns probably wouldn't've been that remarkable.

It's pretty possible for the rebellion to have started off with only rifles and local Ford/Toyotas only to have overrun the garrisons so fast that they ended up with looted armor and mechanized equipment in their inventory ala Iraq and Syria. In that context, Big Red One would've been pretty notable and the target of every air wing because the only thing more dangerous than an elite motorized vanguard is one backed up by a coherant and trained mechanized formation.

By far the most reliable strategy is probably going to be playing Perfidious Albion 2: This Time As the Americans, where we basically balance-of-power any one given superpower against each other.
Play superpowers off against each-
That seems distinctively suboptimal.
Fairweather friends usually get abandoned in turn when they need help.
And I would hope that the example of the last forty years demonstrated the need for reliable friends.

Uh... Uju?
The point I'm getting at is that all the major powers of the setting, whoever they are, will want a veto to ensure that the UN can't cross their own national interests too badly. Powerful, largely independent power blocs within a broad-assembled organization usually do want vetos. It's unlikely that enough of them will be un-jealous enough to voluntarily cede their vetos, because the existence of major powers not signatory to an organization like the UN greatly weakens it.
I actually think that's unlikely. Now, and post-Collapse.

The present UN charter is an artifact of 1945, back when international power was much more lopsided, and the Big Five came together to face down the small nations on the topic in the immediate aftermath of WW2. There's a much more relatively even power distribution today, and much lower chance of being able to force something like that through today.

I suspect a modern UN would, at most, settle for giving the major power blocs permanent Security Council seats without veto power, and maybe requiring two thirds majority voting for binding Sec Council resolutions.
Especially post-Collapse.
New York even as packed as it is, is a single city.
This actually made me curious enough to check the population of the constituent areas of FCNY:
��
New York City's five boroughs
JurisdictionPopulationGross Domestic ProductLand areaDensity
BoroughCountyEstimate
(2018)[12]
billions
(US$)[13]
per capita
(US$)
square
miles
square
km
persons /
sq. mi
persons /
km2​
The BronxBronx1,432,13242.69529,20042.10109.0434,65313,231
BrooklynKings2,582,83091.55934,60070.82183.4237,13714,649
ManhattanNew York1,628,701600.244360,90022.8359.1372,03327,826
Queens Queens2,278,90693.31039,600108.53281.0921,4608,354
Staten Island Richmond476,17914.51430,30058.37151.188,1123,132
City of New York8,398,748842.34397,700302.64783.8328,18810,947
State of New York19,745,2891,701.39985,70047,214122,284416.4159
Sources:[14] and see individual borough articles

Racial groups, ethnicity, and religious groups on Long Island compared to state and nation
County
Population
census
%
white
%
black
or
African
American
%
Asian
%
Other
%
mixed
race
%
Hispanic/
Latino
of any
race
%
Catholic
% not
affiliated
%
Jewish
%
Protestant
Estimate
of % not
reporting
Race
Ethnicity
Religious groups
Long Island Total
NY State
USA
Source for Race and Ethnicity: 2010 Census[78][98]
American Indian, Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander make up just 0.5% of the population of Long Island, and have been included with "Other".
Source for religious groups: ARDA2000[82][99]

The Bronx: 1.4 million
Manhattan: 1.6 million
Brooklyn: 2.6 million
Queens: 2.28 million
Staten Island: 0.48 million
Nassau County: 1.36 million
Suffolk County: 1.48 million

Total: 11.2 million people circa 2018.
And it's a majority-minority area, even today; non-whites + Hispanics total around 60%.

Note that Nassau and Suffolk Counties are suburbs, as is Staten Island.
Suffolk County in particular has about 1/9th the population density of Brooklyn, let alone Manhattan.
There are vineyards on the North Fork, replacing farms that used to grow potatoes.

I would not be surprised to find that post-refugee influx, post-Collapse FCNY is around 20 million people.
Depends on how intelligently they've budgeted their space since.
Lots of eminent domaining of rich people's estates, that's for sure.

EDIT
I didn't realize Brookhaven National Laboratory was on Long Island. To quote Wikipedia:
Research at BNL specializes in nuclear and high energy physics, energy science and technology, environmental and bioscience, nanoscience and national security. The 5,300 acre campus contains several large research facilities, including the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider and National Synchrotron Light Source II. Seven Nobel prizes have been awarded for work conducted at Brookhaven lab.[1]
Having FCNY survive because of it's research chops seems as important as it surviving due to it's status as a financial/trading hub.
Especially to Alexander.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised to find that post-refugee influx, post-Collapse FCNY is around 20 million people.
Depends on how intelligently they've budgeted their space since.
Lots of eminent domaining of rich people's estates, that's for sure.

EDIT
I didn't realize Brookhaven National Laboratory was on Long Island. To quote Wikipedia:

Having FCNY survive because of it's research chops seems as important as it surviving due to it's status as a financial/trading hub.

Honestly, in some hypothetical reunited US, FCNY is probably best having some sort of Hong Kong like arrangement until the rest of the US gets on a better economic footing. The rest of the US (minus possibly California) is best off blatantly ignoring Copywrite, for much the same reasons that historically both the US and China did. The relation for ignoring Copywrite is that your own Copywrite gets ignored, and until you are producing research that needs protection, that just isn't a threat. FCNY, however, does have IPs that are probably worth protecting and could be retaliated against. As such a fully integrated system is likely to either screw over FCNY, by making an IP's there worthless as Europe ignores them in retaliation for the rest of the US ignoring theirs, or screw over the rest of the country by tying a third world nation to IP regimes. Hence some sort of dual system is probably best.

Especially to Alexander.
Hypothetically...would the Current order (or any rising order that isn't us) have any benefit in Destroying New York?

I'm looking at the information now presented and am thinking. "Its not a question of if its possible but would the geopolitical situation give someone advantages for destroying it."

As more of a thought exercise then anything

The real answer is to park an army in it and remove it's independence wholesale.

Last edited:
Honestly, in some hypothetical reunited US, FCNY is probably best having some sort of Hong Kong like arrangement until the rest of the US gets on a better economic footing. The rest of the US (minus possibly California) is best off blatantly ignoring Copywrite, for much the same reasons that historically both the US and China did. The relation for ignoring Copywrite is that your own Copywrite gets ignored, and until you are producing research that needs protection, that just isn't a threat. FCNY, however, does have IPs that are probably worth protecting and could be retaliated against. As such a fully integrated system is likely to either screw over FCNY, by making an IP's there worthless as Europe ignores them in retaliation for the rest of the US ignoring theirs, or screw over the rest of the country by tying a third world nation to IP regimes. Hence some sort of dual system is probably best.
Not sure.
It's not like FCNY and FCNY-based corporations have any enforcement capability for IP now. Nothing prevents a Russian/Indian/Japanese corporation from reverse-engineering their shit and troll-facing them now, or at any time in the last forty years.

Their primary defense would be first-mover advantage on a lot of things, licensing agreements with partners in EU/Chinese/Indian/Russian countries, and being able to innovate faster than the competition while retaining quality, which aren't advantages that are altered by the rest of the US using bootleg Microsoft 2100 or producing knockoff microSD chips for mobile phones.

The rest of the US is probably going to attempt to compete on price and agility, not innovation. Not yet.
Actual patents only have term rights of around 20 years anyway, with design patents being 15 years, unlike actual copyright. It's not an insurmountable obstacle, especially if you implement FRAND/compulsory licensing terms for licensing important stuff.

It is in our interests to drastically curtail the duration of IP monopoly rights though.
Both for economic, and cultural reasons; there is going to be tons of stuff that was lost because IP monopolies allowed them to be legally held by only a small group of entities that collapsed or lost data integrity during the collapse.

None of that life + 70 years sweetheart bullshit that Disney cozened out of the US Congress and got enshrined into international law.
Hypothetically...would the Current order (or any rising order that isn't us) have any benefit in Destroying New York?
I'm looking at the information now presented and am thinking. "Its not a question of if its possible but would the geopolitical situation give someone advantages for destroying it."
As more of a thought exercise then anything the real answer is to park an army in it and remove it's independence wholesale.
Unlikely. It's supposed to still be a financial hub, in addition to it's research chops.
And with international trade coming back, hitting it would have the sort of economic ripple effects that will make a lot of powerful people moderately annoyed with you.

Plus, I don't really see how you can park a hostile army in a city with an information economy without destroying it and it's value.
You kill the golden goose.

Last edited:
Unlikely. It's supposed to still be a financial hub, in addition to it's research chops.
And with international trade coming back, hitting it would have the sort of economic ripple effects that will make a lot of powerful people moderately annoyed with you.
Ah..soit has the most powerful weapon in the Economic defence Arsenal...the Compound Intrest rates and trade deals.
Plus, I don't really see how you can park a hostile army in a city with an information economy without destroying it and it's value.
You kill the golden goose.
I can think of a few individuals that would benefit from New York City Strangling under a boot without any real protection.

Are the Vicks thinking about economic warfare...because I think some of them might be thinking about it somewhere in that mess they call a nation.

I can think of a few individuals that would benefit from New York City Strangling under a boot without any real protection.

Are the Vicks thinking about economic warfare...because I think some of them might be thinking about it somewhere in that mess they call a nation.
It's been 40-odd years so things may have changed, but one of the main reasons NYC wasn't occupied by Victorians in the first place was that Alexander laid down the law and forbade the Victorians from doing such a thing.
Also, the Tsar instructed that it remain free from the increasingly-unpredictable reactionaries in the Confederation, as New York is for various reasons of international interest and its annexation by glorified terrorists would prompt a massive international response.

Unless the situation in the international community has changed so as to no longer care about NYC (possible, but we don't have much in way of evidence either way), then Victoria/Blackwell is extra-unlikely to just unilaterally park an army in NYC - because they really need lots of Russian aid to bulk up and can't afford to piss their patron off.

Unless the situation in the international community has changed so as to no longer care about NYC (possible, but we don't have much in way of evidence either way), then Victoria/Blackwell is extra-unlikely to just unilaterally park an army in NYC - because they really need lots of Russian aid to bulk up and can't afford to piss their patron off.
Duely noted...this was a thought exercise more then anything brought about by new information.

Ah..soit has the most powerful weapon in the Economic defence Arsenal...the Compound Intrest rates and trade deals.
It has first mover advantage and is a relatively neutral location.
Of it's rivals? Switzerland and London apparently died as financial centers after the Collapse and Brexit respectively, Frankfurt is EU territory, Hong Kong is Chinese, and Singapore is PACS.

Lagos, Jo'burg and Rio are unclear, but they are all still relative newcomers to the international stage.
And all belong to regional powers as well, at a minimum.
If you are looking for an established financial center outside the immediate control of a power bloc, FCNY is probably your best bet.
The EU have been enthusiastic supporters of FCNY.

And the FCNY is very rich. They can actually afford much better weapons than the Commonwealth can, possibly as good as AU California, and are finally free to indulge that without consequence. Even given their defensive focus.......Imagine if Singapore had 2-4x it's 5 million population, and consider how large and well-armed a force they can potentially sustain.

And the Russian financial system needs a place to interface with the rest of the world.

Victoria could seriously damage the FCNY. I don't think they have the capability to take it. Maybe once in the early 50s.
And they certainly lack the ability to wage economic warfare against it; a nationstate that eschewed something as elementary as military logistics lacks the economic theory to wage economic warfare against a financial node of international trade.

Last edited:
And the Russian financial system needs a place to interface with the rest of the world.

Victoria could seriously damage the FCNY. I don't think they have the capability to take it. Maybe once in the early 50s.
And they certainly lack the ability to wage economic warfare against it; a nationstate that eschewed something as elementary as military logistics lacks the economic theory to wage economic warfare against a financial node of international trade.
Well, remember that New York was in fact disarmed as of game start, beyond small arms in the hands of their police department. I think this may have been deliberately arranged on Russia's part to some extent, because they wanted the ability to credibly threaten New York in case it started getting ideas about reintegrating the United States as a whole.

However, Victoria as it now exists simply does not have the trained and disciplined manpower to occupy New York, even without New York being significantly armed. And with the (First?) Erie War being fought in 2075, and California declaring independence in 2076... Well, this is a good time for New York to start re-arming.

As for economic warfare, I think Victoria's only realistic option there would be crude blockade, mainly by attempting to cut off water supplies. Yes, yes, New York MIGHT have massive arrays of desalinization equipment set up to make them self-sufficient in water, but given that the Collapse and the refugee crisis will have given them plenty of things to worry about over the past 40 years too... They MIGHT NOT.

Well, remember that New York was in fact disarmed as of game start, beyond small arms in the hands of their police department. I think this may have been deliberately arranged on Russia's part to some extent, because they wanted the ability to credibly threaten New York in case it started getting ideas about reintegrating the United States as a whole.

However, Victoria as it now exists simply does not have the trained and disciplined manpower to occupy New York, even without New York being significantly armed. And with the (First?) Erie War being fought in 2075, and California declaring independence in 2076... Well, this is a good time for New York to start re-arming.
This is what I meant.
New York can outright buy the effector parts of an air defense network and plug it into the radar networks it already has because of all it's airports, and can do it in short order while Victoria is stabbing itself. Probably were upgraded for exactly that scenario sometime in the last 40 years.

As for ground forces, it is fairly quick to train ground troops if you can afford it.
I'd eat a shoe if they didn't have the pre-existing structures to allow for a rapid ramp of available forces at short notice.
And that's assuming they don't outright own a mercenary division security company or two offshore somewhere in Greece or the Balkans.
As for economic warfare, I think Victoria's only realistic option there would be crude blockade, mainly by attempting to cut off water supplies. Yes, yes, New York MIGHT have massive arrays of desalinization equipment set up to make them self-sufficient in water, but given that the Collapse and the refugee crisis will have given them plenty of things to worry about over the past 40 years too... They MIGHT NOT.
We'll have to agree to disagree about that.

Judging by Rumford et al's behavior, I don't see any prolongued period of dependence on Victoria being survivable, even with Alexei yanking their leash. Too big a risk some bright spark will do an oopsie. Or even just an internal civil war would leave them fucked. That first two decades after the US fell would have been precarious as fuck, for achieving both water and energy independence.

I do suspect places like India with it's megacities and Australia were quite interested in seeing how NY solved that particular problem.
As would have been China, once it got itself back together.

We'll have to agree to disagree about that.

Judging by Rumford et al's behavior, I don't see any prolongued period of dependence on Victoria being survivable, even with Alexei yanking their leash. Too big a risk some bright spark will do an oopsie. Or even just an internal civil war would leave them fucked. That first two decades after the US fell would have been precarious as fuck, for achieving both water and energy independence.

I do suspect places like India with it's megacities and Australia were quite interested in seeing how NY solved that particular problem.

Okay, for math fun I want to see what water independence would cost them. This is for Texas but it puts the construction costs at $658 Million for a 100 million gallons a day (MGD) plant, and the operating costs are $3.60 to $5.80 per 1,000 gallons (we'll use the low end for further estimations).

So FCNY is 20 million and the average person uses 80-100 gallons a day (this is not counting farming water, just personal use). Which leaves us with about 1600MGD. That's 16 plants or

$10.52 Billion to construct the plants
$5.76 million to operate per day (2.1B a Year)

Which is sustainable, but personal use. Food is a lot harder to calculate given the widely varying amounts.

Still, we can roughly place an average human consumption needs... ugh just gonna go with 2000, which may be lowballing it for me. Food is all over the place, but the potato which is shockingly efficient in terms of water for a starch produces 5.5 calories per once of food. Which is 96 gallons a day, roughly doubling the costs above.

So water and food independence, at least enough to weather an emergency don't seem out of reach. Also, FCNY should really learn to switch to crickets. I kinda love the idea that in this new, leaners and more globally conscious world, most of the world has gotten over their ridiculous aversion to bug in the same way medical Europe got over it's aversion to potatoes.

Okay, for math fun I want to see what water independence would cost them. This is for Texas but it puts the construction costs at $658 Million for a 100 million gallons a day (MGD) plant, and the operating costs are $3.60 to $5.80 per 1,000 gallons (we'll use the low end for further estimations).

So FCNY is 20 million and the average person uses 80-100 gallons a day (this is not counting farming water, just personal use). Which leaves us with about 1600MGD. That's 16 plants or

$10.52 Billion to construct the plants
$5.76 million to operate per day (2.1B a Year)

Which is sustainable, but personal use. Food is a lot harder to calculate given the widely varying amounts.

Still, we can roughly place an average human consumption needs... ugh just gonna go with 2000, which may be lowballing it for me. Food is all over the place, but the potato which is shockingly efficient in terms of water for a starch produces 5.5 calories per once of food. Which is 96 gallons a day, roughly doubling the costs above.
Close to my numbers.
This was what I came across:
2015 figures said:
There are two ways to think about the cost of desalination: the cost of a desalination plant, and the cost of water.

A typical large scale desalination plant produces 100,000 cubic meters of water per day. Assuming a per capita consumption of 300 liters per day, this equates to 300,000 people. The installed cost of desalination plants is approximately $1m for every 1,000 cubic meters per day of installed capacity. Therefore, a large scale desalination plant serving 300,000 people typically costs in the region of $100 million. The costs of infrastructure to distribute water must be added to this.

The cost of desalinated water, the majority of which is accounted for by plant capital costs and energy costs, is typically in the range of $0.5 to $3 per cubic meter of water (0.05-0.3 dollar cents per liter of water). The lower end of the scale corresponds to regions where electricity costs are low (e.g. Middle East) and the higher end to regions where electricity costs are high (e.g. Australia, where electricity is sometimes mandated to be from renewable energy).
www.quora.com

How much does a water desalination plant cost?

Answer (1 of 9): There are two ways to think about the cost of desalination: the cost of a desalination plant, and the cost of water. A typical large scale desalination plant produces 100,000 cubic meters of water per day. Assuming a per capita consumption of 300 liters per day, this equates to ...
Which gives around 10 billion dollars to produce 300 liters/day for 30 million people.
Or around 7 billion euros for 20 million people. Not counting the cost of the power plant(s), that is.
That's with 2015 figures; prices were still dropping, according to THIS.

New York City was projected to have a GDP of 2.5 trillion dollars by 2035.
Post-Collapse, that will shrink substantially, but they'll make it up, especially with generous bond terms from Europe.
It does rain, you know :V
And given the GM saying that New York is still reliant on food imports and that land is at a premium? What agriculture goes on is likely to be distinctly Dutch-style intensive agriculture, inside greenhouses with genetically engineered seeds.
From his perch 10 feet above the ground, he's monitoring two drones—a driverless tractor roaming the fields and a quadcopter in the air—that provide detailed readings on soil chemistry, water content, nutrients, and growth, measuring the progress of every plant down to the individual potato. Van den Borne's production numbers testify to the power of this "precision farming," as it's known. The global average yield of potatoes per acre is about nine tons. Van den Borne's fields reliably produce more than 20.

That copious output is made all the more remarkable by the other side of the balance sheet: inputs. Almost two decades ago, the Dutch made a national commitment to sustainable agriculture under the rallying cry "Twice as much food using half as many resources." Since 2000, van den Borne and many of his fellow farmers have reduced dependence on water for key crops by as much as 90 percent. They've almost completely eliminated the use of chemical pesticides on plants in greenhouses, and since 2009 Dutch poultry and livestock producers have cut their use of antibiotics by as much as 60 percent.

www.nationalgeographic.com

How the Netherlands Feeds the World

The Netherlands has become an agricultural giant by showing what the future of farming could look like.
And they'd still need to import a lot of food from Europe and South America.

So water and food independence, at least enough to weather an emergency don't seem out of reach. Also, FCNY should really learn to switch to crickets. I kinda love the idea that in this new, leaners and more globally conscious world, most of the world has gotten over their ridiculous aversion to bug in the same way medical Europe got over it's aversion to potatoes.
Don't actually need to eat it, to be honest.
They just need to feed it to animals as protein; allegedly, the same amount of land that will grow 1 ton of soybeans will produce 150 tons of grasshoppers. And that's assuming vat-grown meats don't take off.

Last edited:
Hey Long Island native so if anyone has any FCNY related idea to bounce off of me throw them my way. Also realize that for all Nassau and Suffolk are suburban that's a relative statement-several LI towns would be cities literally anywhere else in the country. Hemsptead, Brookhaven and Islip in particular.

Namely, knowing that you'll get malicious neglect at best from the rest of the world, what would you do if you did want to restore yourself as the global superpower? I realize that a significant portion of the voter base is already prepping their keyboards to tell me they don't want to and wouldn't if given the opportunity. I know. Accept the premise as an interesting thought exercise. How do you convince people to act against their own advancement on your behalf? Where do you find the allies? What do you promise them? And if you secure that hallowed status...what do you do with it?

Just to note to those who are thinking about re-establishing US hegemony, it's worth looking at how the US conducted its diplomacy between the end of WW2 and the start of the Korean War. The successes and failures of American diplomacy in this period are worth learning from.

fasquardon

All right, quarantine is not doing my schedule any favors, but I am still plugging through as best I can. Vote closed!

Vote Tally : Victoria Falls: A Post-Collapse American Nation Quest [Down With Victoria!] | Page 788 | Sufficient Velocity [Posts: 19683-20429]
##### NetTally 2.2.4

[X] Remove Hostile Neighborhood. You have been the focus of low-grade hostility and resentment for too long. And...well, all right, you've not actually been very proactive about doing anything about that. But you are tired of it, and you will never get a chance to be surer than now that you'll have the ultimate opportunity to finally change people's perceptions of you. You can't make a second first impression, but you can kill that bastard first impression while you have the chance.
No. of Votes: 71

[X] Expand. In the current political climate, you have a better chance than ever to strike while the iron is hot and seek the entry of new member states to the Commonwealth. If you play your cards right, you could grow very powerful, very swiftly...albeit at something of a cost in optics.
No. of Votes: 6

[X] Briefly indulge in the idea of overthrowing the monarchy of the Shawnee Kingdom and installing Mary as the new princess. Before sighing, reminding yourself to be sensible, and...
No. of Votes: 4

[X] Lay down the law. You are in charge now. Make sure everybody knows about it. Your goal is to leverage your recent victories and position of strength to force through favorable agreements with the powers present. You have a lot of work to do, and you need to be started swiftly, while Victoria remains unable to respond.
No. of Votes: 3

[X] Export the Revolution. You have safeguarded the Commonwealth from the Victorian reactionaries, now the time has come to spread the ideals of socialism to your neighbors. Workers of the Midwest unite!
No. of Votes: 1

Total No. of Voters: 80

[X] Remove Hostile Neighborhood. You have been the focus of low-grade hostility and resentment for too long. And...well, all right, you've not actually been very proactive about doing anything about that. But you are tired of it, and you will never get a chance to be surer than now that you'll have the ultimate opportunity to finally change people's perceptions of you. You can't make a second first impression, but you can kill that bastard first impression while you have the chance.

Your winner, with an absolutely overwhelming lead.

@PoptartProdigy, sorry to bother you, but could I get a definitive ruling on whether or not my omake is canon? Do note that I did remove any mention of special status for Manchuria from it, if that swings your decision one way or another.

On the whole 'desalination' angle... Also depends on how well nuclear fusion has developed since the Collapse. I suspect that if commercial fusion powerplants have been developed, it is only in the last decade at most. As for why that's relevant to desalination, not sure how technically complicated it would be, by the massive amounts of heat emitted by a nuclear fusion reactor would probably be pretty damn useful for the desalination process. Might mean you get less power output from the reactor half of the complex, but that's just a balancing act.

On the whole 'desalination' angle... Also depends on how well nuclear fusion has developed since the Collapse. I suspect that if commercial fusion powerplants have been developed, it is only in the last decade at most. As for why that's relevant to desalination, not sure how technically complicated it would be, by the massive amounts of heat emitted by a nuclear fusion reactor would probably be pretty damn useful for the desalination process. Might mean you get less power output from the reactor half of the complex, but that's just a balancing act.
Might be the fusion promise finally bearing fruit, or might just be the mainstreaming of fourth-generation and possibly fifth-generation fission reactor designs. Modular reactors are very much a thing in development today, and the US DoD is going all in on producing portable reactors for powering military bases in places where the power grid is unreliable.
www.defensenews.com

Pentagon awards contracts to design mobile nuclear reactor

The Department of Defense has two parallel nuclear reactor programs underway, one for domestic use, one for use abroad.

Plus renewables. New York is a coastal city, and there is little excuse not to take advantage of wind and tidal. I've seen articles that suggest you can meet New York's power requirements in part by putting solar cells on a lot of it's buildings, and in part by building offshore wind turbines.
Co-locate a hydrogen-power plant to store excess power as hydrogen by electrolysing water.

And when you burn the hydrogen for power when power grid demand increases, you get clean water as a byproduct.

Back