I'm starting to suspect that the Eldar guns aren't worth keeping.

Wait a minute are guns the only tech they left? Couldn't we sell the other stuff and keep the guns?
its dark eldar weaponry I very much doubt they had access to the higher eldar weapons and dark eldar love causing pain cause it makes slannesh not kill them

No it makes Slaanesh ease up on them for a bit. Dark Eldar are essentially Slaaneshi cultists with authority issues, even if they're not screaming the slogans their behavior is indistinguishable on a practical level beyond the fact that Deldar tend to be better at it than the normal cultists.

Last edited:
its dark eldar weaponry I very much doubt they had access to the higher eldar weapons and dark eldar love causing pain cause it makes slannesh not kill them

No it makes Slaanesh ease up on them for a bit. Dark Eldar as essentially Slaaneshi cultists with authority issues, even if they're not screaming the slogans their behavior is indistinguishable on a practical level beyond the fact that Deldar tend to be better at it than the normal cultists.

It's a bit of both and neither. Dark Eldar are essentially having their soul constantly drained away from them by Slaanesh, like a glass with a small hole in the bottom that constantly drips water out. Causing pain to others restores their soul, which is A) very pleasant and B) restores their youth and vitality. Like filling the glass back up with water.

"They're very painful and debilitating, but they're also not very lethal. Ping, Amaya and I all got hit and none of us died, but everyone other than me went down. If we can get them working for human sized fighters, we'll be able to make our raids more effective and less lethal." You add.
Ho boy. I get where he is coming from, but i think that using these pain weapons will bring us more attention from Slaneesh, and i would rather avoid that.

"Stinky face."

"Uggo."

"Dumbnose."

"Poopy breath!"

"What's wrong with puppies? I like puppies."
Lol, okay that last one got me :D.

Also, i'm so happy these poor kids were still able to enjoy puppies, despite the hellhole they lived in. It's the small things that give me hope, you know?

Also, despite all the fighting, Son doesn't seem to loath Fan or getting seek around her like everyone else. It's more like a normal kid rivalry. Wich makes me happy, since Fan needs more friends, but it also makes me wonder if there's more to the boy than it seems.

She turns to you, a smile spreading across her face as she kneels before you. "I instead pledge all that I am to the Stormbreaker, his whims, and his majesty." She kisses your boot.
Oh great. As if Shanwei ego wasn't big enough, he now has people worshipping him.

Her glowing, adoring smile would've been nice in less horrid circumstances. Not for the first time you wonder if this was the best idea. You'll be able to guide these people, but they're still fanatics.
Well, at least there's that. hopefully his distate for them will prevent it from getting to his head.

About two dozen people choose to follow through and go with you. The rest stay behind, but none of them are children. You're glad; if anyone can be saved, it's them.
Hmmm. How many of them choose to stay behind? Just out of curiosity?

"That'll do. They'll last 'till we get back to Shang and if they don't, fuck 'em." You say.

"They're standing right next to you."

"I know."
They're luck they will even get in the ship.

Xiulan bows her head. "We require no sustenance, our faith in the Stormbreaker shall sustain us."

Caihong looks at you as if the cultists being brainwashed insane idiots is your fault.
I think she's thinking Shanwei is idiot for bringing them along, and that she just got a new headache in the form of the cultist. :p

"Shanwei… how long do you intend to keep playing hero instead of pirate?"
Until either ol' Goldie shows up or we take over the planet. Whatever comes first.

our crew works for a cut of the spoils, and no spoils means no income. Couple that with the fact that about half of the crew died on the way here, and, well…"
That's makes sense. We need booty to keep our crew loyal and happy. I'll try to remember that on our next votes.

You fold your arms. "Do you agree with them?"

She looked down, one good eye dark. "Not even a little bit. This was worth them all."
Hey, would you look at that. They agreed on something!

Okay, now on to the vote.

[X] – Eun
Okay, i really want to do this one. Looking back, i think we were too harsh on her punishment. She hid Fan when she found her onboard, but it's not like she brought her in the ship herself, she found the girl and panicked. Eun is one of our closest crewmates, and i don't want to ruin her friendship with Shanwei.

[X] – Han and Maia
[X]- Fan

Hmmm. How many of them choose to stay behind? Just out of curiosity?

Maybe a handful. Given they don't really have a way to recruit new blood here, they're not worth worrying about anymore.

I think she's thinking Shanwei is idiot for bringing them along, and that she just got a new headache in the form of the cultist. :p

Caihong: "Just what we needed, a group of fanatics that think our captain is some kind of god. Like his ego needed the help. Bet she's gonna try and bang him too..."

Hey, would you look at that. They agreed on something!

Caihong: "..."
SS: "..."
C: "This feels wrong and gross"
SS: "Agreed, we'll never mention it again."
C: "Ugh, you agreed with me again... IM GONNA HURL"
SS: "Sorry."

I don't think anyone else really wants to go for it, but...

[x] – Delai

She helped us here. Let's see what she wants with us in the short-term.

[X] – Xiulan and her cultists
[X] – The Kuji-Nan
[X] – Eun

We need to integrate our newbies and resolve Euns punishment.

Me before posting the vote: "Hm, what if there's a tie for third place... eh whatever I can just write the four scenes instead of three, no big deal."

>FF to now
>Check the vote
>3, soon possibly 4 way tie for third

... oh lord.

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by HalfTangible on Dec 15, 2022 at 2:16 PM, finished with 34 posts and 15 votes.

You know if I had a nickel for every time I've been told for someone who writes Warhammer that is going to write for the black Library contest, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice. Right?

Last edited:
Back