Star Wars: The Chosen One (An Anakin Skywalker Quest)

Just caught up with this quest, it's a great quest.

Just a little worried on how unbalanced we're getting; we're almost 2x as Dark as we are Light.

More specifically, we received a Force Vision earlier on that more or less said "Master both Light and Dark in their totality or die." We sort of fell backwards into mastering the Dark first, so now we're doubling down on it, and then going for Light. That's the hope anyway.

Also Purgills and Oswaft. Level 10 Animal Friendship with access to Purgills and Oswaft means you don't need a goddamn fleet, you can just smash everything that gets in your way forever. Just look at the series finale of Rebels if you don't believe in the power of Animal Friendship! That's some STRATEGIC level ridiculousness right there!

Also Purgills and Oswaft. Level 10 Animal Friendship with access to Purgills and Oswaft means you don't need a goddamn fleet, you can just smash everything that gets in your way forever. Just look at the series finale of Rebels if you don't believe in the power of Animal Friendship! That's some STRATEGIC level ridiculousness right there!
Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Augh, Thrawn should've wiped the floor with them... but space whales :wtf:

Anyway, according to my time spent playing KOTOR force lightning is how you destroy armies... so there.

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Augh, Thrawn should've wiped the floor with them... but space whales :wtf:

Anyway, according to my time spent playing KOTOR force lightning is how you destroy armies... so there.
That was sorta the point. Thrawn would have wiped the floor with them, except Ezra knew one thing Thrawn didn't. Blindsiding is the only real way to defeat Thrawn strategically or tactically.

Beyond that, he who controls the Orbitals controls the world, so clearly having dozens of space whales on tap is more useful than being able to singlehandedly wipe out an army.

That was sorta the point. Thrawn would have wiped the floor with them, except Ezra knew one thing Thrawn didn't. Blindsiding is the only real way to defeat Thrawn strategically or tactically.

Beyond that, he who controls the Orbitals controls the world, so clearly having dozens of space whales on tap is more useful than being able to singlehandedly wipe out an army.
I suppose I just hate space whales. They're coarse, irritating, and they get everywhere. :(

It also works with Darth Vader saying that the Death Star is insignificant next to the Force.

GM writing philosophy: unless being used for symbolism a la Tolkien's eagles , Deus Ex Machinas are the result of lazy writing and weak protagonists who have not been made strong enough to win on their own merits (I'm looking at you, Mr. Potter). Insofar as it regards this quest, Anakin will be strong enough to win on his own or he will perish.

TLDR: no space whales

Last edited:
GM writing philosophy: unless being used for symbolism a la Tolkien's eagles , Deus Ex Machinas are the result of lazy writing and weak protagonists who have not been made strong enough to win on their own merits (I'm looking at you, Mr. Potter). Insofar as it regards this quest, Anakin will be strong enough to win on his own or he will perish.

For what it's worth, if we're being precise about it, if we took the time to train Animal Friendship to a significant degree, traveled the space ways and had significant bonding moments with Oswaft/Purgills, and then decided to try and utilize our new friends in combat, it wouldn't be a Deus ex Machina, it'd be a legitimate part of Anakin's character.

That's what happened in Rebels honestly, Ezra Bridger's primary personal Force Skill was Animal Friendship, and when he had strong animals he could bond with they were his Go To allies. They had a full episode earlier in the show wherein he had an adventure with a school of Purgills and bonded with them, wherein it was noted that they were to a degree sensitive to the ebb and flow of the Force, and capable of Superluminal communication. It was also made clear in the earlier episode how dangerous the Purrgil were to ships, and how difficult it was for any ships to actually damage them. Overall, given I called 'the Purgill showing up' the instant it was made clear Ezra was calling for help to Hyperspace, I'd say it wasn't a Deus ex Machina.

Regardless though, if the GM says no Space Whales, then there will be No Space Whales. Vuffi Raa will be So Disappointed. :p

How about space whales as mobile city-vessels for a nomadic Force sect founded by an Anakin who's perhaps partook a bit much in the exotic herbs of the Far Rim? :p

Eh, this four day "weekend" ended up being a lot busier than expected and I've got exams/papers coming up soon.

So, consider this another short hiatus until I hit spring break here in two weeks.

I uh
Was uh
Looking at the uh
Character sheets and
Uh

How the FUCK
did
OBIWAN FUCKIN DIE WTF I AM THE SHOOK

I'm definitely gonna have to actually read this whole quest, because this looks like it's been a real ride so far.

Edit: and have a Gucci break Arthellion!
lol

Last edited:
Well. Looking back into this after a while. But seems like I was right to lose interest in this quest. Dark Side all the way huh. Oh well.

Are people planning on turning Anakin into the new emperor of the galaxy or something?

Well. Looking back into this after a while. But seems like I was right to lose interest in this quest. Dark Side all the way huh. Oh well.

Are people planning on turning Anakin into the new emperor of the galaxy or something?

Planning on turning back and mastering the Light Side once we reach Dark Side mastery.

Back