Star Wars: The Chosen One (An Anakin Skywalker Quest)

I wanted to ask about Naboo at the end to change the subject from the Jedi. Anakin could slip up and say something that indicates he and Dooku left the order.

Would the following work or is it still too much?

[] [Truth] You praise Dooku as an awesome Master without mentioning the Jedi Order, and then change the topic to Naboo.

It's not that its too much, its more that its redundant? I'm already planning on saying that with the current one if Anakin succeed on that roll.

[] [Historian] Apathetic. All knowledge is useful.
[] [Jealous] I just might be. (Unlocked due to high charisma/Wisdom/Intelligence)
[] [Truth] Praised Master Dooku as an awesome Master, but left out the parts about you leaving the order.
[] Plan Shattered Family
-[] Shatter Point (5 points) You gain access to the force ability Shatterpoint
-[] Additional training with Dooku
-[] Ask to borrow a Comm to Call your family

Honesty is cute, but not too much honesty.
Getting shatterpoint now will let us start training up a highly useful force skill.
Having additional training will give us the chance to impress Dooku and improve our skills.

Most important, really, is asking to borrow a comm to call our family. They might be dead.

Let me repeat that: They might be dead. I, as fake Anakin, would have a lingering discomfort as a result of that dream I had and want to call them to ensure they're safe.

For the sake of pragmatic metaknowledge, however, if they're dead it's because that one sith killed them, which means we have another avenue to fulfill the ambition we picked. If they're not dead then maybe they'll tell us about the creepy guy who asked them questions or something.

Last edited:
This is cheap, good prep for the future.

And never, ever assume you can avoid a fight. Always be ready. Especially in a quest as twisty as this.

Then train with Dooku instead to improve multiple skills? Or get the Force perks? I am not saying stats aren't useful, but there are other things that have a much bigger bang for their buck.

Yes the dice can be fickle things, but having Force skills to avoid and plan around a fight is better than direct stats. Just train with Dooku more if anything.

Every NPC is given one Chosen Point per level and they use it on stats. Its good to have a mix if you want to stay ahead of the crowd.

Darra almost beat you one level below you because her physicals were so high.

Once again, balance is best.

Every NPC is given one Chosen Point per level and they use it on stats. Its good to have a mix if you want to stay ahead of the crowd.

Darra almost beat you one level below you because her physicals were so high.

Once again, balance is best.
I guess. But rather fight smart than hard. /shrugs. I mean getting top levels in lightsaber skills or Force skills will have a huge impact on our stats.
[] [Jealous] I just might be. (Unlocked due to high charisma/Wisdom/Intelligence)
[] [Truth] Praised Master Dooku as an awesome Master, but left out the parts about you leaving the order.
[] Plan Shattered Family

Getting shatterpoint now will let us start training up a highly useful force skill.
Having additional training will give us the chance to impress Dooku and improve our skills.
Most important, really, is asking to borrow a comm to call our family. They might be dead. Let me repeat that: They might be dead. I, as fake Anakin, would have a lingering discomfort as a result of that dream I had and want to call them to ensure they're safe. For the sake of pragmatic metaknowledge, however, if they're dead it's because that one sith killed them, which means we have another avenue to fulfill the ambition we picked.
I am definitely on board with this plan. Shatterpoint, so we can debate our brains out. Training with Dooku for skills, and a call to help track the movements of the Sith.

Shatterpoint is something we can buy later, these particular story perks on the other hand are limited time opportunities.

Yes. And the mid-top tier NPC bosses have those skills -and- stats.

It's cool if some level ups go without stat boosts, but to stay relevant you do to have buy some.
Anakin is ten. So those bosses would beyond us until we could get those skills to match them. At most we might get a bounty hunter or a rouge Force User, but that would be a while from now. The benefits of perks for training like the Force ones will have a bigger impact the longer we have them while those stats are only useful in combat.

[] Plan Shattered Family

Most important, really, is asking to borrow a comm to call our family. They might be dead.

Let me repeat that: They might be dead. I, as fake Anakin, would have a lingering discomfort as a result of that dream I had and want to call them to ensure they're safe.

For the sake of pragmatic metaknowledge, however, if they're dead it's because that one sith killed them, which means we have another avenue to fulfill the ambition we picked. If they're not dead then maybe they'll tell us about the creepy guy who asked them questions or something.

The winning vote on Consequences and Growth Part 3 was to meditate on our dream to determine whether it was a dream or a message. Unless I missed it, Anakin hasn't done that yet. I'm waiting on the results of that before moving onto phoning our family.

Edit:
Shatterpoint is something we can buy later, these particular story perks on the other hand are limited time opportunities.

We're on Naboo for 5-10 turns IIRC. We have time.

Last edited:
Stats need to be progressed on gradually as a whole, while big purchases will have their moments when they are appropriate. Balance, as Arthellion says.

[] [Level Up] Plan Shatterpoint is Useful
-[] Amateur Athlete: +3 Dexterity
-[] Amateur Brute: +3 Strength
-[] Amateur Farmer: +3 Constitution
Shatterpoint would help us make more inform choices going forward, and we'll be on Naboo for a while so their still time to pick those story perks.

[] [Historian] Pleased. History was enjoyable.
If we're going for a charisma-heavy diplomat build (which is what Dooku specializes in) then we definitely want to prioritize learning about other cultures and peoples. Knowledge of history gives us the necessary context to not stick our foot in our mouths, gives us insight into how people work, gives us ideas about cool archaeological sites and artifacts, and gives us perspective on how to reform the Jedi Order. Seriously, the first time we pick up a book in this quest, we learn about the Jedi Lords. Does anyone seriously want to stop reading?

No strong opinion on the waifu question, but given Anakin's youth, this answer indicates an interesting degree of self-awareness. Might be interesting to see what comes of it.

Thanks to the max-salt decision, we aren't going to get either Yoda or Mace Windu as our master, which means we gotta pick up the 'Shatterpoint' and 'Center of the Force' perk trees on our own. That is and must be our biggest priority -- the only reason we didn't pick it earlier, is because we thought we might get it for free. Now we know we won't, so we should prioritize that.
Chosen Perks (More will appear in time):
[] Center of the Force (10 Points): Remove Penalties for using Force Abilities outside of alignment.
[] You are One (10 Points: Prereq Center of the Force): May train Lightside, Neutral Darkside Powers alongside each other. Example: Vote changes from Alter Neutral to simply Alter.
[] You are the Force (10 Points/Prerequisite: You are One): May Train All force Powers as One training vote. Example: Vote Changes from Alter to Simple Train Force.
We need 30 CP to get the full bonus. I'm okay taking a slight hit to our stats early on to ensure that we get this ASAP. Whether we save all of our points, or only spend 3-4 CP (at most) this turn, I'm not sure. Stat/Story perks are important too. But this is SV, and it seems vaguely heretical for us not to munchkin our way to power.

Anakin is ten. So those bosses would beyond us until we could get those skills to match them. At most we might get a bounty hunter or a rouge Force User, but that would be a while from now. The benefits of perks for training like the Force ones will have a bigger impact the longer we have them while those stats are only useful in combat.

You're also level twelve.

Lets look at a Character with all your skills, but give them the NCP stat boosts.
Level 12 NPC
Level: 12
Hit Points: (Level+Con) x2.5= 50
Armor Class: (Dex+Con+Str)/3 = 8
Mental AC= (Wisdom+Intelligence+Charisma/3= 8
Initiative: +14
Weapons: Teras Kasi Fists, 2D8, Training Saber: 1d7
Unarmed to Hit= +6
Saber to Hit= +3
Blaster to Hit= +6
Force to Hit= +10

Attributes:
Strength: 23 (+7)
Constitution: 25 (+8)
Dexterity: 25 (+8)
Wisdom: 30 (+10)
Charisma: 10
Intelligence:10

Skills
Teras Kasi

Level 1: +2 to All Physical Attributes, No Combat Penalty to fighting Unarmed
Level 2: +2 to All Physical Attributes, +4 to Hit when Fighting Unarmed, Hands Count as a 2D8 Weapon
Level 3: Increase Health Modifier to x2.5, Not Unlocked GM: Default Health is (Level +Con Mod) x 2. This would increase it to (Level+Con Mod) x 2.5.

Shii-Cho:
(Base Penalty is -8)
Level 1: -6 to hit Penalty to Lightsaber Combat
Level 2: -4 to hit Penalty to Lightsaber Combat

Force
Tutaminis (Neutral Power):
Level 1: +2Constitution
Level 2: +2 Constitution

Force Speed
Level 1: 2 Dexterity, +2 to Initiative Rolls
Level 2: 2 Dexterity, +4 to Initiative Rolls

Force Empathy:
Level 1: Gain Ability to Sense Others Emotions. Dialogue.
Level 2: +1 Wisdom,

Telepathy:
Level 1: +1 Wisdom, Comprehend Speech. Dialogue Options.

Neutral
Force Jump:
LeveL 1: +2 Strength, May Jump One Story Buildings

Telekinesis
Level 1: +2 Wisdom, can lift R2D2 level objects Unlock Force Push/Force Choke
Level 2: +2 Wisdom, Can lift small speeder objects

Force Push
Level 1: +2 Wisdom, May do 1D4+Wisdom Damage to opponent upon first round.
Level 2: +2 Wisdom,

Look back at our CS.

We need to get to the top level of Shatterpoint for it to be really useful. Just FYI, buying it doesn't give a huge advantage.

Shatterpoint:
Level 1: +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, Begin to see shatter points in the physical world around you. Decisions Unlocked.
Level 2: +4 Intelligence, +4 WIsdom, Begin to see shatterpoints in people's personalities.Decisions Unlocked.
Level 3: +4 Intelligence, +4 WIsdom, Instinctively see Shatterpoints in combat. Insta-crit on all damage given.
Level 4: +6 Intelligence, +6 WIsdom, Begin to see shatterpoints in battlefields. Decisions Unlocked.
Level 5: +6 Intelligence, +6 WIsdom, Begin to see shatterpoints in time. Decisions Unlocked. See the results of a decision before vote occurs.
If we're going for a charisma-heavy diplomat build (which is what Dooku specializes in) then we definitely want to prioritize learning about other cultures and peoples. Knowledge of history gives us the necessary context to not stick our foot in our mouths, gives us insight into how people work, gives us ideas about cool archaeological sites and artifacts, and gives us perspective on how to reform the Jedi Order. Seriously, the first time we pick up a book in this quest, we learn about the Jedi Lords. Does anyone seriously want to stop reading?

No strong opinion on the waifu question, but given Anakin's youth, this answer indicates an interesting degree of self-awareness. Might be interesting to see what comes of it.

Thanks to the max-salt decision, we aren't going to get either Yoda or Mace Windu as our master, which means we gotta pick up the 'Shatterpoint' and 'Center of the Force' perk trees on our own. That is and must be our biggest priority -- the only reason we didn't pick it earlier, is because we thought we might get it for free. Now we know we won't, so we should prioritize that.

We need 30 CP to get the full bonus. I'm okay taking a slight hit to our stats early on to ensure that we get this ASAP. Whether we save all of our points, or only spend 3-4 CP (at most) this turn, I'm not sure. Stat/Story perks are important too. But this is SV, and it seems vaguely heretical for us not to munchkin our way to power.

I like your opinion on the history portion. I do feel that it may lead to a more bookish Anakin, but Jedi Lords type reading is always a plus. I think the Waifu/Dooku truth question are pretty much settled by what people have put up. The main issue is the CP points. I feel you nailed the point on the Force Perks. That way we can get all the Force Powers.

I doubt we will be able to level up in the next 5-10 updates.
Ummmm, look at the Character Sheet and how much EXP we get for passing rolls. It will be a lot sooner than one might think.

Something to remember about Shatterpoint, Flow Walking, and Center of the Force, as well as the other various Esoteric Force Powers, they're all unlockable via either natural skill growth, or levels in an appropriate class. Training! It pays dividends. I will admit that rushing the Center of the Force Tree would make unlocking and strengthening Shatterpoint, Flow Walking, and every other Force Skill way easier, but if we can't hold out for the CP necessary to buy ourselves all the way up the tree then we have alternatives.

You're also level twelve.

Lets look at a Character with all your skills, but give them the NCP stat boosts.
Level 12 NPC
Level: 12
Hit Points: (Level+Con) x2.5= 50
Armor Class: (Dex+Con+Str)/3 = 8
Mental AC= (Wisdom+Intelligence+Charisma/3= 8
Initiative: +14
Weapons: Teras Kasi Fists, 2D8, Training Saber: 1d7
Unarmed to Hit= +6
Saber to Hit= +3
Blaster to Hit= +6
Force to Hit= +10

Attributes:
Strength: 23 (+7)
Constitution: 25 (+8)
Dexterity: 25 (+8)
Wisdom: 30 (+10)
Charisma: 10
Intelligence:10

Skills
Teras Kasi

Level 1: +2 to All Physical Attributes, No Combat Penalty to fighting Unarmed
Level 2: +2 to All Physical Attributes, +4 to Hit when Fighting Unarmed, Hands Count as a 2D8 Weapon
Level 3: Increase Health Modifier to x2.5, Not Unlocked GM: Default Health is (Level +Con Mod) x 2. This would increase it to (Level+Con Mod) x 2.5.

Shii-Cho:
(Base Penalty is -8)
Level 1: -6 to hit Penalty to Lightsaber Combat
Level 2: -4 to hit Penalty to Lightsaber Combat

Force
Tutaminis (Neutral Power):
Level 1: +2Constitution
Level 2: +2 Constitution

Force Speed
Level 1: 2 Dexterity, +2 to Initiative Rolls
Level 2: 2 Dexterity, +4 to Initiative Rolls

Force Empathy:
Level 1: Gain Ability to Sense Others Emotions. Dialogue.

Telepathy:
Level 1: +1 Wisdom, Comprehend Speech. Dialogue Options.

Neutral
Force Jump:
LeveL 1: +2 Strength, May Jump One Story Buildings

Telekinesis
Level 1: +2 Wisdom, can lift R2D2 level objects Unlock Force Push/Force Choke
Level 2: +2 Wisdom, Can lift small speeder objects

Force Push
Level 1: +2 Wisdom, May do 1D4+Wisdom Damage to opponent upon first round.
Level 2: +2 Wisdom,

Look back at our CS.

I did and the stats seem on par except for Charisma and Int. which we are ahead. If I am understanding right a lvl 12 NPC would get +12 to all stats in addition. That isn't surprising since we have focused on Force powers and other skills. The thing is that Force powers will pay off more in the long run. Also those stats are ONLY good for combat or combat type situations. I would rather have more meta type skills that open up more strategic/tactical options than brute force.

Something to remember about Shatterpoint, Flow Walking, and Center of the Force, as well as the other various Esoteric Force Powers, they're all unlockable via either natural skill growth, or levels in an appropriate class. Training! It pays dividends. I will admit that rushing the Center of the Force Tree would make unlocking and strengthening Shatterpoint, Flow Walking, and every other Force Skill way easier, but if we can't hold out for the CP necessary to buy ourselves all the way up the tree then we have alternatives.

The main issue is getting enough points at once. If we spend them we won't have them at the next level up. Then we will put it off again. The Force Perks reduce overall training on Force skills, which saves more time the sooner we take them and will level up stats and everything else much faster. It is a short term power gain or a much larger gain later on.

All of our charisma, wisdom and intelligence and this is the best we've got. How about:
[]There's nothing to be jealous about.

[] Ask to borrow a Comm to Call your family
Will whoever said that the "family ambition" would be quick and easy please come down here and say they called it here.

As for thoughts on the chapter, I'm glad we're getting along with our bunny and relieved we didn't fail the study roll(really hate failing those). Also, glad that the idea of Jedi Lords is implanted in Anakin's head now.

As for chosen points, I'm all for saving. The story perks aren't that good; I don't know anything about our stat situation, so I can't commit there. However with Yoda and Mace closed to us as well as free Shatterpoint and CotF, we need to start saving up for them.

[X] [Jealous] I just might be. (Unlocked due to high charisma/Wisdom/Intelligence)

[X] [Truth] Felt shame at hiding the Truth, and told her. Unlocked by Dark

[X][Level Up] Plan Publicola
-[X] Amateur Athlete: +3 Dexterity
-[X] Amateur Brute: +3 Strength
-[X] Amateur Farmer: +3 Constitution
-[X] Additional training with Dooku

[] Plan Jarate
-[] Meet with King Jar Jar

Gungans are useful. Even if it means putting up with Jar Jar. Truth is risky, but it might mean an ally on the inside. Going to nab Naboo. Even if they suck, the chance to get a whole world for 2 CP is nothing to scoff at. Might mean spending more later, but it's a start.

It will come in handy if Republic can't reconcile differences with the CIS, or Trade Federation. Or affect how they discuss terms.

If this one planet shifts its stance, it's possible that others will take notice, and provide support.

Padme might feel more inclined to throw in her lot if the Gungans are amenable to helping Anakin. For whose side though, is not set in stone. Would be hard for them to like the Trade Federation that just attacked their planet, but this attributed to a failing of a Republic with excessive shortcomings. Two Jedi were sent on unofficial backing from the temple, for all the good the pleading to the Senate did. Pitiful. What are they supplying the Republic for, and paying tax if not government aid?

A civil war might happen on Naboo if there is a schism here. I think the Queen is beloved by her people, so it might be between Gungans and the Naboo. After they check her head, and find her to still be a very stable genius, and she manages to convince her council. She's an advised figurehead.
Edit: Placed X in vote boxes. Changed to plan publicola. I want the comm call to win from plan destiny, but not if it means spending CP to see Padme again, just right after visiting her.

Last edited:
Force Bonds
Name: Yan Dooku
Abilities: Makashi, Force Jump
Perks of Master: Permanent +6 Intelligence and Charisma every Level up, Learn Makashi in 2 Less turns, Learn Force Jump in 2 Less turns, Learn Telekinesis in 2 Less Turns
Types of Missions: Diplomacy/Aristocracy

Master/Apprentice Force Bond Tree
Current Level: Level 1 Unlocked.

Level 1: Receive a +1 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Count Dooku
Level 2: Receive a +2 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Count Dooku
Level 3: Receive a +3 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Count Dooku, Unlock Dun Moch Saber Style.,
Level 4: Receive a +4 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Count Dooku, Increase Stat gain to Charisma and Intelligence to +7 per level up.
Level 5: Receive a +5 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Count Dooku, Dun Moch Saber Style Learned in 2 Less Turns, XP Gain increased to 3.0.
Level 6: Receive a +6 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Count Dooku, Increase Stat gain to Charisma and Intelligence to +8 per level up
Level 7: Receive a +7 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Count Dooku, Multiply effects of Dun Moch by 1.5, XP Gain Increased to 3.5
Level 8: Receive a +8 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Count Dooku, Increase Stat gain to Charisma and Intelligence to +9 per level up
Level 9: Receive a +9 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Count Dooku, Multiply effects of Dunmoch by 2. XP Gain Increased to 4.0

Maul Force Bond
Force Bond Tree
Current Level: 0. Unlocked.
Summary: +1 DS Point every two updates. +2 Strength, +2 Constitution on level up. Learn Juyo in two less turns.

Level 1: Receive a +1 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Darth Maul;
Level 2: Receive a +2 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Darth Maul
Level 3: Receive a +3 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Darth Maul, Unlock Juyo Saber Style to Level 2.
Level 4: Receive a +4 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Darth Maul, Increase Stat gain to Strength and Constitution to +3 per level up.
Level 5: Receive a +5 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Darth Maul, Unlock Jar'kai Immediately to level three.
Level 6: Receive a +6 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Darth Maul, Increase Stat gain to Strength and Constitution to +4 per level up
Level 7: Receive a +7 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Darth Maull, Increase Stat gain to Strength and Constitution to +5 per level up
Level 8: Receive a +8 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Darth Maul, Increase Stat gain to Strength and Constitution to +6 per level up
Level 9: Receive a +9 Modifier to All Social Rolls with Darth Maul, Increase Stat gain to Strength and Constitution to +7 per level up

Last edited:

Let me lay out my reasoning for why need to increase at least one stat every level up.

1) Every other NPC increases a stat during level up. Jedi, Sith, and other combatant characters will be going through the same or similar training and classes as we do, meaning they will get the same bonuses we do. If they level one stat per level and we don't, we will be at a disadvantage against a similarly trained character because of our lower stats.

2) We can only level stats on level ups, and every level costs 1.5x more XP than the previous level. The time between level ups will increase drastically as we gain levels. Right now we are a low level so level ups come often. Focusing on leveling stats later means we will stay at a disadvantage longer since we will have to wait longer to level up and have the chance to increase them.

3) As mentioned above, we will spend longer between level ups as our level increases. This means the amount of CP we have at each level will increase as we have to hold off on spending it, and the amount of CP we gain per level increases every 10 levels. However, we can only increase stats by one level at each level up. If we save to buy expensive perks now, we will have a surplus of CP later when we really need to increase stats. If you wait to buy expensive perks, you will have the CP to do so instead of having to save now. Basically, you wind up with large amounts of CP and a dearth of level ups later on.

[] [Historian] Write-In?: It is easier to know where you are going when you know where you have been.

[] [Jealous] Ewww! No! Girls are weird!

[] [Level Up] Plan Shatterpoint is Useful
-[] Amateur Athlete: +3 Dexterity
-[] Amateur Brute: +3 Strength
-[] Amateur Farmer: +3 Constitution

Last time we leveled we spent everything on story perks. It's time to vote for stats.

Sure we can wait with Shatterpoint, but we get the most use out of it if we get it early.

Last edited:
Back