Hmm. I kinda want to say 'fuck it, I'm in a giant war machine' and press forward, but...

[X] Risk damage to her reputation by taking a slower, more supported approach

Fuck what other people think of us. We do things smart, not flashy.
I rather think what other people think of us is of high importance. It's a core goal of why Ella went rather than taking more action back home. Granted, mech damage would have serious consequences this time. I think we'd have to foot the full influence bill to avoid a lasting, material loss to our relationship with Anna.

Still, we're a fucking Knight. I want to do our job.

[X] Risk damage to her mech and pressed forward to take out key targets

If we were going to sacrifice reputation, we shouldn't have come at all.

Way I reckon, the inexperienced, hotheaded youth are the ones who who'd mock a cautious approach.

The wiser, more strategic military authorities won't fault us for it. And they're the ones I care about. I'd include Anna in this category.

We came to do our part for Anna and show that we're supporting the greater Green Owl cause. Whether or not our political rivals mock us for our approach doesn't affect that.

Plus it's not like they can even call us cowardly, we could have sent Jaeger squads instead.

We're standing in a killzone. Military doctrine in such a situation is to get out of the killzone as fast as possible, preferably by attacking into the ambush.

Those dice hurt. Bad.

We're risking particular things, here, and I'd rather not risk losing face after losing all the rest of our face getting brabant.

redzonejoe makes good arguments. We don't want to be popular with idiots, we want to be popular with high-ranking military officials who thanks to Anna are actually competent and not stupid.

I don't see it as her being hot-headed. I see it as her doing her fundamental job here and preventing loss of life. Human lives do matter, right?

redzonejoe makes good arguments. We don't want to be popular with idiots, we want to be popular with high-ranking military officials who thanks to Anna are actually competent and not stupid.
We just ran our reputation through mud and slime by grabbing brabant. You want to make it worse?

Fair enough. Changing vote.

...I am so missing heroic reroll right now...

Last edited:

Back