Warhammer 40k General thread

"Hey Leandros. Look at me."

"Bitch."

So did Titus become Primaris, looks like it.
The way I see it is that there is one possibility.

The Inquisitor at the end of the game is one of the reasonable and level-headed ones, who realized that there wasn't a single bit of chaos corruption within him, so he had him join his retinue where he spent two centuries fighting for the inquisition. Till Guilliman came back and the inquisitor let him return to the ultramarines.

At which point Guilliman punched Leandros for being stupid and has immense respect for Titus for being one of the only ultramarines who actually understand what the point of the codex was.

So interestingly, since he is now firmly in the modern 40k timeline, the question is, what company is he a captain of? It can't be the second company, because of CATO SICARIOUS.

At which point Guilliman punched Leandros for being stupid and has immense respect for Titus for being one of the only ultramarines who actually understand what the point of the codex was.

SPACE MARINE, PART THE FIRST: A SUMMARY

Captain Titus, Strategic Prodigy:
"My plan is that we're gonna fly our transport straight into the enemy's anti aircraft guns and everybody jumps out."

Leandros:
"Sir, the Codex Astartes says it's a bad idea to fly into the enemy's AA guns and jump out with no idea what conditions are on the gr..."

Captain Titus, Essentially Tol Urskuar E. Creed :
"I'm sorry, I don't speak bitch, can you say that in High Gothic?"

And lo, the great Captain did execute his brilliant plan to...scatter his Company all over the surface of Forge World Graia, completely neutralizing it as a fighting force for the rest of the campaign.

"Hello there." said the Inquisitor. "I am definitely trustworthy and not shady. Also I have a Warp powered Problem Solving Device, I just need someone to turn it on and it will solve all our problems."

Captain Titus, Either A Great Ultramarine or the Greatest Ultramarine :
"You had me at Warp Powered Problem Solver I LOVE this plan let's go do it."

Leandros:
"Sir, I really don't think this is a good idea, turning on an Inquisitor's Warp Powered Problem Solver has never, literally never ended well, and...

Captain Titus, Who Definitely Earned His Rank On Merit What Are You Implying:
"Leandros, have you considered what the Codex Astartes has to say about LIGMA DEEZ NUTS YOU LITTLE PEEPANTS CRYBABY!"

And lo, the great Captain did activate the Warp Powered Problem Solver but alas! It turned out to be a daemon and Traitor Marine summoning device, which no one could have foreseen!

Leandros: "Actually I tried to tell him this was a bad..."

WHICH NO ONE COULD HAVE FORESEEN MOVING ON.

Leandros: "That's him Inquisitor. That's the one who turned on the Daemon And Traitor Marine Summoning Device. Arrest him."

Captain Titus, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM:
"What's this is it the consequences of my actions NO! NEVER! YOU'RE A TRAITOR, LEANDROS, YOU'RE SCUM, YOU ARE MORE FOUL THAN A PLAGUE MARINE POSSESSED BY NURGLINGS!"

And then the betrayed hero was dragged off by the Black Templars and forcibly stuffed into the Inquisitorial dungeonship. Because Leandros was wrong and bad and had no friends and smelled and definitely not because Captain Titus made any mistakes or did anything wrong ever.

To Be Continued In Space Marine, Part The Second

SPACE MARINE, PART THE FIRST: A SUMMARY

Captain Titus, Strategic Prodigy:
"My plan is that we're gonna fly our transport straight into the enemy's anti aircraft guns and everybody jumps out."

Leandros:
"Sir, the Codex Astartes says it's a bad idea to fly into the enemy's AA guns and jump out with no idea what conditions are on the gr..."

Captain Titus, Essentially Tol Urskuar E. Creed :
"I'm sorry, I don't speak bitch, can you say that in High Gothic?"

And lo, the great Captain did execute his brilliant plan to...scatter his Company all over the surface of Forge World Graia, completely neutralizing it as a fighting force for the rest of the campaign.

"Hello there." said the Inquisitor. "I am definitely trustworthy and not shady. Also I have a Warp powered Problem Solving Device, I just need someone to turn it on and it will solve all our problems."

Captain Titus, Either A Great Ultramarine or the Greatest Ultramarine :
"You had me at Warp Powered Problem Solver I LOVE this plan let's go do it."

Leandros:
"Sir, I really don't think this is a good idea, turning on an Inquisitor's Warp Powered Problem Solver has never, literally never ended well, and...

Captain Titus, Who Definitely Earned His Rank On Merit What Are You Implying:
"Leandros, have you considered what the Codex Astartes has to say about LIGMA DEEZ NUTS YOU LITTLE PEEPANTS CRYBABY!"

And lo, the great Captain did activate the Warp Powered Problem Solver but alas! It turned out to be a daemon and Traitor Marine summoning device, which no one could have foreseen!

Leandros: "Actually I tried to tell him this was a bad..."

WHICH NO ONE COULD HAVE FORESEEN MOVING ON.

Leandros: "That's him Inquisitor. That's the one who turned on the Daemon And Traitor Marine Summoning Device. Arrest him."

Captain Titus, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM:
"What's this is it the consequences of my actions NO! NEVER! YOU'RE A TRAITOR, LEANDROS, YOU'RE SCUM, YOU ARE MORE FOUL THAN A PLAGUE MARINE POSSESSED BY NURGLINGS!"

And then the betrayed hero was dragged off by the Black Templars and forcibly stuffed into the Inquisitorial dungeonship. Because Leandros was wrong and bad and had no friends and smelled and definitely not because Captain Titus made any mistakes or did anything wrong ever.

To Be Continued In Space Marine, Part The Second
Meanwhile what really happened.

Second company drop ships are taking fire and the ship Titus is on is hit.

Rather than risking a valuable craft and everyone on it Titus finds another way to make it to the surface and knock out the triple AAA, thus saving valuable and potentially irreplaceable equipment and started. Ensuring that the rest of his company can land safely.

Captain Titus, received a message from an inquisitor who was requesting help because he was cornered by orks and specifically stated that he had a device that had to be kept out of the Ork's hands at all cost.

Captain Titus proceeded to go and prevent the orks from getting a device that could have made things worse for them. The fact that it was a chaos plot is irrelevant.

You know one of the problems you get with a setting grown from a tabletop game? No thought is ever put on what the logistics are like. Meaning the Imperium basically has no set canonical military utility vehicles like Jeeps, half-tracks or trucks. I only recall trucks of some kind appearing in a Ciaphas Cain story and few times in Gaunts Ghosts.

Luckily I have found some fan art depicting those kinds of vehicles. They have the right balance between resembling the real-life equivalents and being souped up enough to match the imperiums esthetics.

Illustrations by Fabrizio Carminati.

Edit: placed images in spoiler box.

Last edited:
You know one of the problems you get with a setting grown from a tabletop game? No thought is ever put on what the logistics are like. Meaning the Imperium basically has no set canonical military utility vehicles like Jeeps, half-tracks or trucks. I only recall trucks of some kind appearing in a Ciaphas Cain story and few times in Gaunts Ghosts.

There's also a mention of "Thirty-Sixer" utility trucks in Gunheads, which are probably something similar to the Deuce-and-a-half.

Luckily I have found some fan art depicting those kinds of vehicles. They have the right balance between resembling the real-life equivalents and being souped up enough to match the imperiums esthetics.

There's a few. Forgeworld has some recovery vehicles.

usually in setting they are modified chimeras to my recollection.

The scout car's the salamander though

Meaning the Imperium basically has no set canonical military utility vehicles like Jeeps, half-tracks or trucks.

They do though. It's called the Goliath and the Achilles, they date to 2016's Genestealer Cult codex where they're uparmed and technicalified.

There's also the Centaur, for a Universal Carrier, the Galvanic series of haulers/dozers/cranes, the Trojan variant of the Chimera which does small field engineering and transport jobs, the Atlas variant of the Leman Russ which does large ones and armored recovery jobs, the Sentinel Powerlifter for moving boxes and reloading aircraft ordnance...

We assume they do, but we don´t see them cause they are useless on the tabletop game. Kinda like we don´t see the imperial worlds were it sucks less to live because it´s not useful for the lore in question.

Back