Warhammer 40k General thread

Soo.... how exactly does blackstone pylons interact with the warp? I know the simple answer is localized cancelation but what are the details?

I know the pariah nexus plain out semed to cancel out souls on a population level, but most of the time the effect wasn't that strong?
Is it more usual for like just warp mutations to vannish or only psycher powers or what?

Did the effects depend more on the quantaty or quality of the stuff, how much is known?

Is it more usual for like just warp mutations to vannish or only psycher powers or what?
I would tend to think mutations would persist, since they're a physical consequence of past warp exposure rather than an ongoing supernatural effect in themselves. "Reality erosion" sorts of effects might revert, though, or at least be forced into more conventionally-plausible configurations.

For m'self, have been rereading the old Gordon Rennie Kal Jerico novels, and I'm liking them a helluva lot more than most recent 40k or 40k-adjacent fiction. Part of it is that they're a nice small scale, cosy, in many ways, bit of work; another part is that they're fun, far less po-faced than, for instance, the Dawn of Fire books tend to get. Just a dude, his goon-of-all-work, his on-off girlfriend, and his cybermastiff, trying to make their way in the Underhive of Necromunda. :)

Back