Empyrean Eye vs Gáe Bolg

Discuss ;p
I'm actually mildly interested in this. Would Gae Bolg's causality reversal end up making it impossible for Empyrean Eye to select a possibility that doesn't involve Gae Bolg hitting? AFAIK Musashi can't cause something literally impossible to happen, like she wouldn't be able to cut Herc with a regular slash as long as he had God Hand or something like that.

Last edited:
I'm actually mildly interested in this. Would Gae Bolg's causality reversal end up making it impossible for Empyrean Eye to select a possibility that doesn't involve Gae Bolg hitting? AFAIK Musashi can't cause something literally impossible to happen, like she wouldn't be able to cut Herc with a regular slash as long as he had God Hand or something like that.
But Gae Bolg only has a 17.5% chance of hitting Musashi to begin with :V

Brave!Liz Mats

Class: Saber
True Name: Elizabeth Bathory
Source: FGO Halloween 2016
Region: Prison Castle Csejte
Alignment: Chaotic Evil (ingame is Chaotic Good. lol wakannai)
Height: 154 cm
Weight: 44 kg

STR: B
CON: C
AGI: C
MGI: C
LCK: B
NP: C

(pretty sucky parameter far as saber goes)

Setting creation: Nasu Kinoko
Character design: Wada Arco
CV: Ookubo Rumi

Main works appearance: Fate/Grand Order
-----
Class Skills
Magic Resistance: A

Invalidates magic A and below, no matter what kind of great thaumaturgy it is.
A hero is expected to do at least this much.

Territory Creation: C
The ability to create workshop and allied party.
This time it's the specialization of the ability to create campsite. A hero adventures on the field all week. The skill to swiftly establish a tent is the true mark of a leader.

Double Class: E
A miraculuous variant born from the union of Lancer and Caster.
No actual benefits in particular.
-----
Personal Skill

Hero Grand Code: EX
First, that a hero must be invincible.
Second, that a hero must always be in high spirit.
Third, that a hero freely makes use of lost properties.
......and so on and so on. Ten code in total.
As a Skill, think of it as a leading up towards the protagonist grand turn around, just like in action manga.
During that turn only, she is invincible and simultaneously has her willpower raised.
A hero shall accumulate NP as she endures multiple Noble Phantasm.

Magic Energy Burst (Brave): D
A Magic Energy Burst, but of an extremely rare internal type.
Defense power is raised. Subtly unpleasant.

Legend of the Crimson Hero: EX
The supreme privilege, the hero's greatest of esoterica usable only in the movie version.
A super power up by expending 100% NP. A super buff of a similar type to Tamamo-chan Summer's Goddess Transformation.
Randomly bestows miraculous effects such as super increase to offensive power, invincibility and recovery to entire party, and an acquisition of a large amount of stars. Unmistakably a gambler skill.
However, perhaps because it is a skill that displays each effects against formidable enemies, but during the occasion that such an enemy that does not depend on the system shows in front of her can a miracle happens only with this skill.
-----
Bathory Brave Erzsebet
Bloody Tornado Demoness​

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm (yes, the mat said anti-unit twice)
Range: 10-30
Maximum target: 1 person

Bathory Brave Erzsebet.
Bloody Demoness, Saber version.
A forbidden sword technique that affix the enemy with the hero power like that of a storm, clash into that space a full power, high gear rotating thrust and made the enemy explode.

Of course, the hero power is by means of Elizabeth's sonic breath.
The super thunder screw slash unleashed to the enemy whose mind and body have been stunned by Elizabeth's super sonic waves pulverizes even the Slave Beast.

(thats a super robot taisen reference, btw)
-----
Personage
First pronoun: watashi kanji (atashi katakana)
Second pronoun: anata/koinu (puppy)/kojika (deerlet) (only FGO's protagonist)/kobuta (piglet)/korisu (squirrel) (only Fate/EXTRA's protagonist)/** (no honorifics)
Third pronoun: anatatachi/** (no honorifics)

- Character
The Elizabeth (Caster) who make Halloween merry and festive, turned into Saber at the end of elegant fate.
Her mood swing and wickedness took a dip, and although selfishness remains her personality becomes one that help the weak and outwit the strong.
Saber = Ally of Justice. Maybe that's what she think of it, but anyway she misunderstand herself as one positioned as a hero, and just like that she is giving it her all the Elizabeth way. Ish.
However, she is not used to be a character on the side of justice, so she messes up a lot as usual.

- Motives and attitude towards Master
She is a hero, so she is brimming with the spirit to fight alongside the Master.
She personally feels she is bound by a tight friendship with the Master.
Her awareness as a Servant is low.

- Speech example
"See here, I'm like, a hero right? And a hero must have a variety of party members, right? Just like when I was an idol, suppoerted by drums and instruments."
"No worries, puppy/deerlet! Because I, the hero, and this darkish no good trio will protect you!"
"Yes. I am the new me, emerging from humiliation and conflict, dispossessed of evertyhing to you. Class Saber type idol, Elizabeth Brave Bathory!"
-----
Ingame depiction
Appearing as the main character of Halloween 2016.
With the power of dragon and music, as well as the second Halloween, it feels like nobody can stop her anymore.
With pure white mantle, deep crimson armor, and a simple sword without any decoration on her hand, today too shall the Hero Elizabeth conquer.
Well, she doesn't really practice any sort of sword skill, so she just blows it away with full power.
Bound with tight friendship with the Master, not even the sword of civilization destruction or theater of lasers or foxy curses can cut it apart. Is what she believes. (Due to that she has no awareness as a Servant.)

"Maybe I'm not actually a hero, just a sexy female knight, and the true hero is the puppy/deerlet..."

Is what going on her head sometimes, but that in itself is not bad, huh! is her positive thinking, following her own path. Truly a hero.

By the way the name of the sword is the famed sword Eighteen, and the name of the shield is the famed shield Retronia.

(yamato wiki said this is a parady of a 1998 Niaretro and 80年代, but i personally dont get it
maybe im just too young and inexperienced in the world of nippon memes)
------
Connection with other characters

Cleopatra
I must admit she is a genius. It's a bit unthinkable to put a castle on top of other's castle. It's like an ice cream, so cute! But spare me a third one.

Robin Hood
That Greeny. I had thought that he was simply a rat who would bite back at the feudal lord no matter what, but seems like depending on the situation he would help too. Maybe he has some kind of knightly groundings...? This time, I will show him how to Brave!

Gawain
Such a dreamy, prince charming of a Saber...! He must have only about 1 Buster Card. Unmistakably a magnificent Saber!

Jeanne d'Arc Alter Santa Lily
Christmas is a rival. I'm envious of box gacha and such, yes, but no thank you. Really, aren't you embarassed for picking up such a greedy atmosphere?

Tamamo-chan Summer
We are both anti-heroes, but I just can't win against that fox's free spirit... Actually, just when did she ended up getting the demon king role...
-----
Comment from Illustrator
I got the assignment to make a bikini armor. Because of that, I just straight up draw the homage to Gen** Senki **da's Yohko and D**gon Qu*st 3's Female Knight. Elizabeth has quite an extraordinary slender body, so she can totally pull it off with the bikini armor!!!!!!!!! (Wada Arco)

It's Musashi's philosophy that if defeating her opponent is impossible per her present capabilities and available tools / weapons (in which case, her Eyes simply won't provide a Path to Victory), then she won't even bother to fight (outside of certain specific circumstances). This is why she initially attempts to run away from her encounter with Yagyuu Munenori during her Trial Quest. (Incidentally, when a Path manifests that didn't originally exist, it's her belief that "Kannon-sama" has granted her a blessing.)

Ergo, if it happens to be within Musashi's capabilities to defeat Gae Bolg, then her Eyes can find the one Path that permits her victory. If not, then she's likely to simply run away.

Last edited:
Hey guys! It's your favorite time of the day! Wank time!
Enkidu's strength is roughly equal to that of King of Heroes Gilgamesh at his golden age.
In Enkidu's fight with Gilgamesh, spoken of in the Epic, Enkidu had demonstrated an ability equal to that and approved by the sole strongest hero within the human history.
Thankfully Gilgamesh still is the stronkest hero, even in F/GO :smile:

I think he's talking about his 'blah, blah, blah, Gilgilman strongest heroic spirit blah'.

Which has been a thing since SN, so that's a rather old topic to choose to retread.

It's Musashi's philosophy that if defeating her opponent is impossible per her present capabilities and available tools / weapons (in which case, her Eyes simply won't provide a Path to Victory), then she won't even bother to fight (outside of certain specific circumstances). This is why she initially attempts to run away from her encounter with Yagyuu Munenori during her Trial Quest. (Incidentally, when a Path manifests that didn't originally exist, it's her belief that "Kannon-sama" has granted her a blessing.)

Ergo, if it happens to be within Musashi's capabilities to defeat Gae Bolg, then her Eyes can find the one Path that permits her victory. If not, then she's likely to simply run away.

"Brave Sir Robin ran away!"

Interestingly, running from superior forces and retreating is something the book of five rings (Miyamoto's book of martial arts) considers as perfectly valid strategies, so is not a wrong view of the real person.

You mean how it takes the whole 'miyamoto was so skilled' part meaningless when half the time she has a 'I win' button she was born with?
You're totally failing to understand how Empyrean Eye works, even though I just explained it.
Musashi's performance in combat is regardless of her Eyes a function of her physical capabilities and available weaponry. For opponents that are undefeatable per her present circumstances, the Empyrean Eye returns a null result. It took the acquirement of the Myojinkiri for the Eyes to establish a "solution" to the Heroic Spirit Blademasters.

In other words, she trains her body to provide a "means" to the "end" substantiated by her Eyes.
If not the former, then not the latter.

Last edited:
You're totally failing to understand how Empyrean Eye works, even though I just explained it.
Musashi's performance in combat is regardless of her Eyes a function of her physical capabilities and available weaponry.
For opponents that are undefeatable per her present circumstances, the Empyrean Eye returns a null result.

In other words, she trains her body to provide a "means" to the "end" substantiated by her Eyes.
If not the former, then not the latter.

I'm arguing the fact of that it sours the idea of swordsmanship, yes she is still a good swordsman, but it still feels cheap when she can know whether or not she can defeat a opponent before the battle.

You mean how it takes the whole 'miyamoto was so skilled' part meaningless when half the time she has a 'I win' button she was born with?
Sword Nerd is a trait that makes Musashi dangerous. Her Mystic Eye do not make her skill redundant—her profile made it clear the skill is the driving vehicle for the Empyrean Eye.
I'm arguing the fact of that it sours the idea of swordsmanship, yes she is still a good swordsman, but it still feels cheap when she can know whether or not she can defeat a opponent before the battle.
Your previous post said her skill is rendered meaningless because she has Mystic Eyes. That is what fallacies is calling you out on.

Sword Nerd is a trait that makes Musashi dangerous. Her Mystic Eyes do not make her skill redundant—her profile made it clear the skill is the driving vehicle for the Empyrean Eye.

Your previous post said her skill is rendered meaningless because she has Mystic Eyes. That is what fallacies is calling you out on.

Didn't i just say lets just drop it.

All I'd do is make a fool of myself, I'm trying to defuse so please.

Or put another way, aside from the fact that I'm not actually clear if the Empyrean Eye is a proper Mystic Eye or something akin to Tsubame Gaeshi, a magecraft- (or even Magic-)like effect granted by her impossible skill with swords, the Eye doesn't seem provide a perfectly detailed list of instructions as does Worm's Path to Victory. I would guess that the steps look more like "Block this, then take this opening you might not otherwise have seen," not "move your sword X cm to the left and tilted Y degrees up backed with Z pounds of force."

Or put another way, aside from the fact that I'm not actually clear if the Empyrean Eye is a proper Mystic Eye or something akin to Tsubame Gaeshi, a magecraft- (or even Magic-)like effect granted by her impossible skill with swords, the Eye doesn't seem provide a perfectly detailed list of instructions as does Worm's Path to Victory. I would guess that the steps look more like "Block this, then take this opening you might not otherwise have seen," not "move your sword X cm to the left and tilted Y degrees up backed with Z pounds of force."
In-Game Material said:
無限にあるべき未来を『たった一つ』の結果に限定する、
Restricting to 『merely a single』 outcome the futures that should exist as unlimited,
極めて特殊な魔眼と言ってもいい。
it would as well be valid to refer to this (言ってもいい, itte mo ii, "also good to call it") as an extremely unique Mystic Eye.
Ergo, does it mean that "it might as well be called a Mystic Eye" while actually not qualifying?
Or is it similar enough that it's "practically a Mystic Eye?"
Or is it in fact actually a Mystic Eye?

I honestly have no idea.

Last edited:
Empyrean Eye is like having a walkthrough to FSN. You can definitely get a path to allow a fourth rate magus to beat the strongest heroic spirit, but you can't achieve something that impossible within the available paths, i.e. even with Empyrean Eye there is no Taiga route.

Ergo, does it mean that "it might as well be called a Mystic Eye" while actually not qualifying?
Or is it similar enough that it's "practically a Mystic Eye?"
Or is it in fact actually a Mystic Eye?

I honestly have no idea.
Well, I would argue that if it was straight up a Mystic Eye, Nasu wouldn't bother with the weaselwords and would just say 特殊な魔眼です. So I think we can safely state that it's one of the first two - "might as well be," or "for most practical purposes."

Hans Christian Andersen profile in FGO calls him one of the "Three Great Writers".

Who are the 3 Great Writers?
I'm not sure if the term is used in international contemporary modern literature analysis, largely only Japanese literature studies culture, or just a name and title FGO authors made up.
I can't find the term used anywhere else but the game.

Shakespeare is probably one, since the FGO profile calls him the 'most famous author' in the world currently, but maybe not since fame is not necessarily 'greatness'.

I wonder if the term 3 Great Writers is like the term Kancolle used 'Big 7' for the treaty battleships. Most papers I read call them 'treaty battleships' but lots of people, or at least lots of anime fans, have taken to call them Big 7 now.
It might have been an old term, but I couldn't find it in many English historical texts. Maybe it was an old term in Japan? Or maybe it is a more modern term, or one made up by the kancolle devs, but referring to the idea of treaty battleships.

Back