Would Jack the Ripper - in her Assassin incarnation - be able to kill any female Servant provided their Noble Phantasm conditions all applied? The 'at night', 'is foggy' and 'target is female' ones, I mean. The attack's a curse IIRC, and from what I know Servant with high enough Mana can outright ignore those, but I could be wrong.

Would Jack the Ripper - in her Assassin incarnation - be able to kill any female Servant provided their Noble Phantasm conditions all applied? The 'at night', 'is foggy' and 'target is female' ones, I mean. The attack's a curse IIRC, and from what I know Servant with high enough Mana can outright ignore those, but I could be wrong.
From what I've gathered, no. As you mentioned, some Servants can lolnope those entirely before they set in.

Jeanne outright no-sells it in Apocrypha.

If you have a way to resist curses then it fails
It also only doubles the power if the three conditions are met according to Apocrypha materials.
According to Apocrypha materials, it is difficult for it to reach full power, unless she is facing a modern heroic spirit. It would take the best master possible for it to have power equal to an average "Zabaniya" that a Hassan uses.

If you have a way to resist curses then it fails
It also only doubles the power if the three conditions are met according to Apocrypha materials.
According to Apocrypha materials, it is difficult for it to reach full power, unless she is facing a modern heroic spirit. It would take the best master possible for it to have power equal to an average "Zabaniya" that a Hassan uses.
Why's it difficult to reach full power? Due to the fact Heroic Spirit from earlier than the 1800s tend to have higher Mana stats, I assume? Reaching all three conditions in general doesn't seem like it'd be too hard, after all, although the 'is female' one is of course dependant on the Servant.

But yeah, if a high Mana stat nulls it, there goes my pondering on whether Jackie could kill Salter.

Why's it difficult to reach full power? Due to the fact Heroic Spirit from earlier than the 1800s tend to have higher Mana stats, I assume? Reaching all three conditions in general doesn't seem like it'd be too hard, after all, although the 'is female' one is of course dependant on the Servant.

But yeah, if a high Mana stat nulls it, there goes my pondering on whether Jackie could kill Salter.
It isn't mentioned why. Presumably older heroic spirits are just more resistant to curses so it does less damage.
That is with all three conditions though. It doesn't reach a Zabinya level power unless the master is a great one.

There's also that whole body from the age of the gods stuff. People like Heracles are just inherently more powerful and resistant.

I don't recall anything saying curses are categorically gimped by Mana; rather, that was a Zabaniya thing. I never found anything saying the same for Jack when fallacies brought it up before. Then again, I had less and less motivation as I went through Jack stuff over five billion webpages.

The only commonality in 'what are they gimped by' is LCK IIRC.

Which makes sense considering what curses are.

There was that blurb for Gáe Bolg explaining than in addition to staying out of Lancer's range or possessing high enough LCK, Piercing Death Thorn could be avoided through a shield with enough magical energy to overwhelm the curse (presumably it'd have to be deployed before the name was called out, so that'd really only be useful if you know his NPs beforehand, but hey, it's there).

I guess one can extrapolate to 'MGI check' from that? Doesn't seem like a reasonable one to me, but whatever.

... Fun thought, could Shiki effectively "parry" Gae Bolg with her knife? Ignore speed for a moment here, assume she's either got Servant stats from somewhere or Lancer is playing it easy on her for the lulz. The MEoDP are explicitly called out as the one thing capable of averting/destroying a Nasuverse curse, so by the same trick she used on Mr. Bomberman...?

The only commonality in 'what are they gimped by' is LCK IIRC.

Which makes sense considering what curses are.
*checks Saber Alter's stats*
Hm, C Rank Luck, so not 'immune to all curses' level, but she also has B Magic Resistance. I have the feeling Jackie's NP would do squat to her due to that, but I could be wrong. What do you guys think?

... Fun thought, could Shiki effectively "parry" Gae Bolg with her knife? Ignore speed for a moment here, assume she's either got Servant stats from somewhere or Lancer is playing it easy on her for the lulz. The MEoDP are explicitly called out as the one thing capable of averting/destroying a Nasuverse curse, so by the same trick she used on Mr. Bomberman...?

Gae Bolg seems like it would be significantly more difficult.

So ... yes.

*checks Saber Alter's stats*
Hm, C Rank Luck, so not 'immune to all curses' level, but she also has B Magic Resistance. I have the feeling Jackie's NP would do squat to her due to that, but I could be wrong. What do you guys think?

MR generally doesn't do squat against (that sort of) curses unless otherwise explicitly stated IIRC (i.e. Verg Avesta).

To begin with, Magic Resistance is 'laugh at magecraft that attempts direct interference on yourself'. A curse isn't something that does that--it's something that 'distorts your fate', not you, yourself.

That said, considering how shit Maria the Ripper is supposed to be, maybe it checks for MR, maybe it doesn't really matter because it does a MGI check, maybe it also doesn't matter because it's a D-Ranked NP, and the plus only refers to power, whereas GB is one of the benchmarks for 'hot shit curse' at B-Rank and people with the same LCK rating can make attempts to dodge.

Depends on what's cooler for the scene.

Last edited:
... It occurs to me that if the line for the "future" of Gae Bolg isn't actually placed on the spear, a deadly game of cat-and-mouse where Shiki has to keep knocking down Gae Bolg's future invocations would appear from the outside like two Servant-tier combatants drunkenly swinging their weapons in each other's general directions without ever actually getting close to hitting. *amused*

I don't recall anything saying curses are categorically gimped by Mana; rather, that was a Zabaniya thing. I never found anything saying the same for Jack when fallacies brought it up before.
It was established the mana thing was applicable as well to Medusa's petrification effect; but the text suggests that that was something like a specific heat thing, where possession of greater mana stores permits resistance to change by way of sheer inertia.

But yes, I don't recall off the top of my head that this sort of thing was applicable to Jack.

Last edited:
... It occurs to me that if the line for the "future" of Gae Bolg isn't actually placed on the spear, a deadly game of cat-and-mouse where Shiki has to keep knocking down Gae Bolg's future invocations would appear from the outside like two Servant-tier combatants drunkenly swinging their weapons in each other's general directions without ever actually getting close to hitting. *amused*

It's less creates a future like clairvoyance, its more forces a destiny of "you gonna get stabbed by this spear son". However the mystic eyes of death perception are one of the few ways of getting rid of a curse in Nasu period, if not the only. It depends on what you mean by getting rid of a curse I suppose. Curse transference is mentioned to be a very rare trait that exists.

Curses aren't toys, tldr.

I think she might be able to theoretically but?

then Cu just stabs her probably.

Last edited:
Of course it can hurt her. But it's still not a very good noble phantasm. Jack could be a lot worse, since information erasure is pretty good... but it's probably better to summon a Hassan, honestly.

It is possible to set things up in a story where Jack hurts or beats Salter, but it'd need some circumstances and in the end Assassins usually don't kill servants.

What the fuck is the eggplant doing now.

Hakuno lost, Twice plan didn't work(what a surprise!) and current hakuno will use power of quantum timelocks to save everything forever.

But Jokes aside, i'm not really convinced with the last episode of Last Encore, to be sincere because
It practically butchered Blackmore character unless there is more to see.
With Shinji i could see why, considering he is a eight years old that watched a person die, actually die, thanks to him, he would create a safe heaven for Masters.
But the whole point of Dan characters is that for once in his goddamn life he wants to fight proudly, achieve something in a way he can be proud of and attain a prize he truly believe in.
But of course the first thing we see is PUNISHED BLACKMORE

Since Kiara is a Majin, does that mean she has a "M" tattooed somewhere on her body?

Last edited:
Back