Trouble In Cretaceous Park (Mafia)

I am fairly confident I won't be lynched or if I am it won't stop me winning anyway.

Just want to publicly make a note of this statement. I might be a bit paranoid because of the Aboleths in the Stars game, but to me the implication here is that Riki doesn't think that his continued life is particularly important to his faction's win condition.

Personally, I read that as an anti-town statement because EVERY town player should want to stay alive because that's one more player that can work against scum machinations.

With all this being said, I'm going switch my vote. Clearly, even if Riki is town he doesn't think he's a very important one, so I think that's a safe lynch for D1

[X] Null

[X] Lynch Rikimaru

I mean I wrote things a bit badly, forgetting that even though I am not a baddie that I could say things that would get me lynched.

How about you guys look for other players and try to get more info rather than just lynching me? I will be fine with voting to lynch myself provided you guys don't stop discussing the game and trying to have a sus list. I sorta forgot to adjust my playstyle from last game.

Is anyone here a carnivore?

I mean I wrote things a bit badly, forgetting that even though I am not a baddie that I could say things that would get me lynched.

How about you guys look for other players and try to get more info rather than just lynching me? I will be fine with voting to lynch myself provided you guys don't stop discussing the game and trying to have a sus list. I sorta forgot to adjust my playstyle from last game.

Its not that you "wrote things a bit badly" its that you said things that are genuinely suspicious and you're current very unsubtle attempts to shift the conversation away from yourself and onto other players is disconcerting.

A good start for me not voting for you is explaining what you meant when you said that you could win even if you were lynched.

Its not that you "wrote things a bit badly" its that you said things that are genuinely suspicious and you're current very unsubtle attempts to shift the conversation away from yourself and onto other players is disconcerting.

A good start for me not voting for you is explaining what you meant when you said that you could win even if you were lynched.

I could win if lynched in every single game I have ever played of mafia assuming the team survived. I generally consider death not to be losing as such provided my team wins. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As for steering focus away from myself, it is totally reasonable to do so because the only innocent I know of for certain is myself though I do assume innocents are the majority because that's standard even for SV. Whether or not I die, I still potentially got more info from others who have to at least slightly defend themselves. Like Terrabrand defended himself by pointing out that he had been behaving less suspicious than myself.

I'm not ignoring the other players, but the most suspicious thing anyone has done other than you is 'be not active much' or 'make jokes that, uncharitably, could maybe possibly but not likely be a scumtell'.

And then you keep going 'look a distraction' rather than trying to look less suspcious. Like, I will certainly not be at all pleased if you roleclaim before the last 12-24 hours in general, but you aren't pointing to alternate targets or showing how what you said is not so suspicious or whatever. You keep trying to make everyone else do your job for you.

You are the one on the chopping block. It is your job to defend yourself or point out alternate targets who are somehow better choices, not my job to dig them up while you keep giving the pathetic non-defense of 'er, quick, look elsewhere because I said so!'

Like, that's not remotely a compelling argument that you are behaving town. At minimum, you are trying to not contribute.

I could win if lynched in every single game I have ever played of mafia assuming the team survived. I generally consider death not to be losing as such provided my team wins. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As for steering focus away from myself, it is totally reasonable to do so because the only innocent I know of for certain is myself though I do assume innocents are the majority because that's standard even for SV. Whether or not I die, I still potentially got more info from others who have to at least slightly defend themselves. Like Terrabrand defended himself by pointing out that he had been behaving less suspicious than myself.

See, to me this doesn't make anysense. Your statement was that you being lynched, "won't stop you from winning," which seems to indicate to me that you are confident that your win condition can be achieved without significant effort from your part, which from my viewpoint, either:

A. Means you have knowledge about the setting that the rest of us don't have access to that makes you confident in your chances

B. You're a scum role, but not a very powerful one and are confident in your compatriots ability

C. You are actively attempting to be lynched because it either fulfills part or all of your win condition

the far fourth option is:

D. You're town, but you're vanilla or a "bad" power role (though I don't think those exist) so the cost of lynching you is decidely less than potentially others. ESPECIALLY because this is a self-assesment so I trust you to accurately measure you're worth to town.

I'm not ignoring the other players, but the most suspicious thing anyone has done other than you is 'be not active much' or 'make jokes that, uncharitably, could maybe possibly but not likely be a scumtell'.

And then you keep going 'look a distraction' rather than trying to look less suspcious. Like, I will certainly not be at all pleased if you roleclaim before the last 12-24 hours in general, but you aren't pointing to alternate targets or showing how what you said is not so suspicious or whatever. You keep trying to make everyone else do your job for you.

You are the one on the chopping block. It is your job to defend yourself or point out alternate targets who are somehow better choices, not my job to dig them up while you keep giving the pathetic non-defense of 'er, quick, look elsewhere because I said so!'

Like, that's not remotely a compelling argument that you are behaving town. At minimum, you are trying to not contribute.

1: I have given the most info out of anyone
2: I did it because I was a bit worried that my dabbing joke would get me lynched anyway so I thought claiming a herbivore would assuage people that at least they had a tiny bit more info.
3: I then did sabotaged the certainty of herbivore being gucci in a theorypost and subsequently accidentally gave off hints of other claims which is a problem.
4: trying to backtrack a little made things worse.

Anyone else is a better choice to lynch than me, because at least you guys sorta know or can analyse what I have said to make an assessment of my dinosaur character. There is just as much a chance of good players being scum as bad players, so deciding to leave someone alone based upon who they are is not reliably good. My threat as a potential scum has been sabotaged by my own hand.

In saying that, I have definitely stopped myself from playing a strong town this game since leading inquisitions and stuff is harder when heavily suspected.

Eh, I'm happy with sticking with my current vote for now. Rikamaru is flailing kinda suspiciously but they always flail suspiciously when voted up. Stars had me almost entirely certain they were cult the day we lynched them just because of how they defended themselves.

I mean I'm not saying to get off them. I just can't be bothered to change vote and wish to explain why in an effort to avoid getting back to lowest post count.

Anyone else is a better choice to lynch than me, because at least you guys sorta know or can analyse what I have said to make an assessment of my dinosaur character. There is just as much a chance of good players being scum as bad players, so deciding to leave someone alone based upon who they are is not reliably good. My threat as a potential scum has been sabotaged by my own hand.
then point to a good target. I'm not going to take my vote off you because you say 'anybody but me, please'. I mean, maybe I'd consider it if you were claiming survivor or something, but you are the one up for the lynch right now, you need to offer us something to go on. It's not us about to be lynched, and we can't know you aren't scum unless you have something by which to prove that.

And your threat as potential scum is unknown- it wasn't you being an amazing player that made your medium role so strong in The Stars Are Right. You could have gotten a really powerful role. I still suspect you of being a godfather for that 'don't lynch me, investigate me!' post, in which case we would be sitting on 'oh, Rikimaru is town' if you get investigated.

Like, I have secondary targets in mind, but you need to convince us that a better target exists. I'd take you pointing to someone more sus than you if I agreed that they were sus after seeing your reasoning, as good enough to take my vote off.

then point to a good target.

You know why I want you to do this, @Rikimaru? It's pro-town. If you find someone genuinely behaving more sus than you, we have a new, better target. If you don't find anyone we find compelling enough, and we don't switch off, we at least have the assessments of the one proven town player as to who is most likely scum. If you flip scum, we can tentatively rule whoever you tried to throw the lynchwagon at as probably not scum, because after all you probably don't want to be bussing your buddies this early. Scum probably wants to not get lynched day 1.

What else is there to say? The first day of lynching is pretty much random, I'm on the side of peace in the park, and I don't know anything about anyone else.
And the second day of lynching is also pretty much random if no one takes a stance. You being all 'I am mysterious, ooo', instead of commenting on the ongoing events, who looks like they are trying too hard, or not trying hard enough, or acting scummy, or anything means we have nothing to go on as regards you, because of not playing.

If you aren't playing during the day, that makes you useless to town and dangerous as scum, making you a good lynch candidate. I'm still trying to get Rikimaru to at least try, because while I'm not certain he is scum, as is taking my vote off him would be practically rewarding bad behavior. Which I'm not gonna do.

Oh, I hadn't actually checked post count.

@atk50 @Cakestepid you may want to work at that. You're sitting at 1 and 4 game posts respectively.
I think you got your respectives backwards. Didn't double check 'who replied' till now, but cake has 3 total in the thread, atk50 has 5. Cake can't have four posts since day start. He doesn't have four period.

And the second day of lynching is also pretty much random if no one takes a stance. You being all 'I am mysterious, ooo', instead of commenting on the ongoing events, who looks like they are trying too hard, or not trying hard enough, or acting scummy, or anything means we have nothing to go on as regards you, because of not playing.

It was just a joke, jeez. Current events seem to mostly be accusing Rikimaru of revealing too much stuff, which is a bit of a stretch but maybe valid? I can't really tell.

I think we'll all have more to talk about day 2, which I thought was obvious.

I remember cake stating something about being busy yesterday. We'll see about today I guess. As for myself...

[X] Lynch Therondist

Nothing against you, just balancing votes a bit more to give Rikimaru a better chance for the first day.

Leaving my vote where it is, but if anyone wants to vote up @Cakestepid for inactivity, I won't complain. We're around 36~ hours into the game and he has one post since day start.

I remember cake stating something about being busy yesterday. We'll see about today I guess. As for myself...

[X] Lynch Therondist

Nothing against you, just balancing votes a bit more to give Rikimaru a better chance for the first day.
Question: Any specific reason why not Joe? He's got the same number of votes, excluding your own.

Back