Trouble In Cretaceous Park (Mafia)

Obviously not? He's saying if he remembered GFs are immune to investigations, he wouldn't have suggested investigating him to prove his innocence like it was some kind of foolproof plan.

See, I disagree. Rikimaru, without a doubt, is an easy target. However, that does not mean he is a good target.

On the first: thanks. I'm not sure why I was misunderstanding that.

On the second, while he's not a great target, I think he's better than cake. Agree to disagree, though.

So I will admit, saying that rikumaru's flailing isn't out of character for them and then voting them up for is something I should not have done, that was a combo of sleep deprivation and me not checking my work and I apologise for that. I think Riku has given enough info on their intentions that I can move my vote off of them. I'm willing to believe their claim that their role is useful to town for now, and I don't really see the point in lynching an assumed power role day 1. So I'm gonna move my vote over to deep for now just because I want to hear more from them, and they haven't really had an excuse for inactivity, unlike atk and to some extent me, but Ive overstayed my welcome on that front I do admit.

[X] Lynch Derpmind

It was just a joke, jeez. Current events seem to mostly be accusing Rikimaru of revealing too much stuff, which is a bit of a stretch but maybe valid? I can't really tell.

I think we'll all have more to talk about day 2, which I thought was obvious.

Yes we will have more to talk about tomorrow because likely their will be a dead body and if their isn't that is an inherent conversation point. However that doesn't mean we don't need to discuss things today, we can't wait for people to come up with information suddenly, you have to hunt for it and hunting in the open is great.

Not scummy at all. It was because Comiturtle did a PSA or something and told me to use the spotlight to get info from others. It wasn't signalling it was trying for other people to give info. Which I knew wouldn't be responded to but still.

I'm going to inform you that wasn't what I meant I meant vote and @ people asking them targeted questions like "Why do you think this is worth a policy vote" and what not, targeted discussion starters not super general questions.

Also, why is everyone making me defend Rikimaru?

Partially because I want Rikimaru to defend themselves, partially because I want to see who else would do what you're doing, and who would do the opposite. The waters were chummed it was interesting to see who went for the bait and who tried to pull Riki out. It took much longer than I anticipated but there are things that can actually be analyzed now and later into the game.

[X] Null Rikimaru
[X] Lynch Cakestepid

Noting Riki's flailing and then still piling on him what a scavenger, who then goes after the new player.

Now @atk50 I have no notes on you right now... I don't like that, please post whenever you have the availability.

Alliteration and Dabbing? Dino heresy of the highest order. Send him to the Indominous Rex!

Okay so with CT correcting what I thought he was asking of me, I thought I would ask if you have changed your mind from lynching me, as your initial vote was because of above dabbing joke.
Your actual justification/serious reason seems to be me a combination of: looking like I was signalling carnivores. As a policy lynching of any roleclaiming type behaviour on day one. And the lack of others who are more suspicious.

Would you be amenable to changing your vote from me, now that there is a rather large amount of posts of mine explaining my behaviour and trying to prove my innocence and use as a town member?
If not, do you think that you could specify which of my defending statements or behaviour is not adequate and maybe also say who you think is second most suspicious looking?

*Suspicious squinting*
snip
[x] Null

[x] Lynch Rikimaru

Now that I have explained my statements and given some sort of defense and justification for leaving me to live for the night, a major one being that everyone believes me to have a power role of some description, would you be amenable to shifting your vote? if not, do you think you can give me a specific action/post/decision that would make you change your mind? After all, it seems as though there is a growing pressure to lynch Cakestepid instead of me, and while I am not sure if they are scum or not they seem like an okay target.

I just woke up.

Really? Like I said last time: this is idiocy.

[X]Lynch Rikimaru

Atk, this initial post seems a bit off, though I do think I might just be missing the joke aspect of it, which is weird because I normally know if you are joking. Not to mention, you never said anything about it being idiocy before. However, you had just woken up so probably not alert yet of that time.

Later on, you did a solid post and explained much of why you still considered me the most suspicious. I agree that I was incorrect to pick on Derpmind, as he is doing fine as a new sv player. I should have waited until woken fully up and read everything before making my usual morning post. However, I disagree with you voting to lynch me over anyone else at the moment of your post. It was only later you had more reason too.

While I can understand this line of thinking, I'm really not a fan of it. For one, with the way you've been acting this game so far, I'm more suspicious of you than I am of anyone else. Terrabrand has put far more into it than I care to type out right now, but those posts are, for the most part, accurate to my view. Secondly, I don't think that deciding based on who you don't want to be in a late-game situation with is a good idea at all. There's likely better reasons than that to lynch, especially considering that there's patterns that people tend to fall into and work within. Thirdly, Grammar.

I think you're being logical here and you're looking as low priority in lynching for at least today, as unlike Cake and others you are quoting and explaining why you are voting me. It was reasonable to suspect me earlier and possibly even now at least a bit regardless of my defenses.

What with my replies and explanations and defenses in other posts including this one, do you still want to lynch me over other players?

*as unlike cake and some others, you are doing a lot of fairly detailed responding.
Not that others didn't do some such, but you definitely did enough to be alright in my book.

Would you be amenable to changing your vote from me, now that there is a rather large amount of posts of mine explaining my behaviour and trying to prove my innocence and use as a town member?
I appreciate the effort, but even if your typical behavior is flailing, you've still been flailing. Add that onto the signalling/softclaiming thing, and it just makes you the most suspicious one here to me at the moment.
If not, do you think that you could specify which of my defending statements or behaviour is not adequate and maybe also say who you think is second most suspicious looking?
I've stated what behavior I believe is suspicious, and it mainly comes back to the signalling/attempt at softclaim/rolecall/flavor proof. That behavior is bad for town. Second most suspicious? Hmmm...probably...Derpmind. They're new, so I don't have a good sense of them yet, but their behavior so far hasn't been scummy, so to say, but it raised one or two of my flags. Still, in my opinion, you're still the most suspicious person here.

tmr, why is softclaiming worthy of policy lynching? it gives more info to town, without making it so that scum can properly risk assess. They don't know if me living is a threat to them, they don't know if me getting visited in the night is gonna kill them, they don't know anything other than I appear to have a role.
The main weakness with it is that I may be lynched, which defeats the whole purpose of making scum have to think about attacking a town member who they have some sort of knowledge. However, there are enough positives softclaiming brings that I strongly disagree with it being a scum-tell. It's simply not SV's style.

I also already covered the signalling accusation.

So really I don't particularly think I should be lynched. You need to see what happens in the night rather than play into mafia's hands and kill the only player who everyone thinks has a power.

As for you considering derpmind the second most sus, I find that mildly interesting that you wouldn't go for Cakestepid, whom is considered more scummy by several well reputable players. However, that does give the indication that you aren't just following the lead but doing your own decision making. Which does make it a lot easier for people to analyse you later on which is good for town.

tmr, why is softclaiming worthy of policy lynching? it gives more info to town, without making it so that scum can properly risk assess. They don't know if me living is a threat to them, they don't know if me getting visited in the night is gonna kill them, they don't know anything other than I appear to have a role.
Problem with that is that it's better than nothing for the scum. The amount to roles that kill on visit is really really low, and often it is a risk they can take. They know hat they're going to get a power role, which are always useful to town and killing a power role is always good for the scum. That's generally why day 1 power claims are a policy lynch, I believe anyway, people can correct me on that.

The issue with day one claims is they're at best hot air. There's zero way to verify them one way or another and it takes a disproportionate amount of effort to deal with them. Even worse it ends up encouraging other people to claim day one, which gives Mafia an easy selection of opportunities. Finally, just as a quick tip: stop demanding for people to verify or defend you in the night. It comes off as a massively scummy move, because among other issues it makes it far easier for the Mafia to find the cop. One Mafia Watcher is all it takes to make that plan go south, even without the implicit suggestion the cop claim to clear you day two.

Finally, it's lazy. Implying you have no other defense than trying to claim to have a power.

I wasn't demanding anyone to verify me or defend me. I was simply saying that they would be able to. But yeah it's an error.
I haven't just used some sort of role thingy as a reason not to lynch me.

I wasn't demanding anyone to verify me or defend me. I was simply saying that they would be able to. But yeah it's an error.
Day 1 claim aside, generally soft claims and just saying you have a power role with no information as to what that role is isn't enough to get people to not lynch you. That claim needs more sustenance and information to back it up. Now, I wouldn't give any more information here, because right now the less scum knows about you, the less of a chance that they risk you being a vet or other kill on visit role.

Atk, this initial post seems a bit off, though I do think I might just be missing the joke aspect of it, which is weird because I normally know if you are joking. Not to mention, you never said anything about it being idiocy before. However, you had just woken up so probably not alert yet of that time.

I think you're being logical here and you're looking as low priority in lynching for at least today, as unlike Cake and others you are quoting and explaining why you are voting me. It was reasonable to suspect me earlier and possibly even now at least a bit regardless of my defenses.

What with my replies and explanations and defenses in other posts including this one, do you still want to lynch me over other players?[/QUOTE]

Short answer, yes. Long answer, I don't see any targets that come near my current suspicion of you, and while that may be an incorrect suspicion, It's a risk I'm willing to take. I was going to go on a whole thing about why day 1 claims are bad, too, but it seems I've been beaten to the punch once again. The posts that the other's have made really sum up my view on that, so you can look at those.

What with my replies and explanations and defenses in other posts including this one, do you still want to lynch me over other players?

Short answer, yes. Long answer, I don't see any targets that come near my current suspicion of you, and while that may be an incorrect suspicion, It's a risk I'm willing to take. I was going to go on a whole thing about why day 1 claims are bad, too, but it seems I've been beaten to the punch once again. The posts that the other's have made really sum up my view on that, so you can look at those.[/QUOTE]
Fuck.

That was the second quote of yours.

Now that I have explained my statements and given some sort of defense and justification for leaving me to live for the night, a major one being that everyone believes me to have a power role of some description, would you be amenable to shifting your vote? if not, do you think you can give me a specific action/post/decision that would make you change your mind? After all, it seems as though there is a growing pressure to lynch Cakestepid instead of me, and while I am not sure if they are scum or not they seem like an okay target.

The only things that would currently make me switch off you is if I manage to find time to review the thread and see something from someone else I had previously overlooked that is adequately, OR you making a credible roleclaim that is important and likely to be town OR you pointing out a better target, with a reason given as to why they are a better target that I agree with.

Power role is no proof of townness in and of itself- just look at Brighton, where everyone spent the better part of at least one whole gameday (I don't recall exactly how long it lasted and don't feel I have time to check) convinced Cakestepid was town just because he was a tracker.

You know, revisionism doesn't work when you can go back through prior messages.
Anyway, feel free to have me highest in lynch priority for now, you should look for other players. I don't have massive suspicions on anyone honestly. Me mentioning I was a herbivore is just to actually have some vague information provided. I knew that people would think it was a bit iffy to claim even that, but someone has to give something. Really if you think I am scummy you can investigate me or something, but I don't think it was particularly scummy.
You're effectively saying to investigate instead of lynch you here, with everyone voting you implicitly thinking you're scummy. So yeah, you requested investigative attention instead of being lynched, and have done so previously. See Stars, where it came off as a transparent play for time by a Cultist. You only stopped doing so this game because you remembered Godfather was a thing.
[X] Null ATK50
[X] Lynch Rikamaru

Pressuring other people is nice and all, but lying gets me rather annoyed. Especially lying in order to call me a liar.

So, do we think this is the kind of dino-land where various dinosaurs have things like colorful feathers or the old school 'basically a European dragon minus the wings' type interpretation?

… I really should go back over the thread, and I'm not in a mental state for trying to do my Arbitrator work, so brb, trying to find evidence of sin.

I know, I know. It was a joke. I wanted to give Terrabrand flashbacks

This is the closest thing to seeming Sus out of the current events. With less than seven hours to go, and me possibly going to get busy at any arbitrary time, I will...

[X] Null

[X] Lynch Threnodist

I'd vote Cake, but that'd tie it up. My goal is to make it easier for town to switch off Riki and possibly cake, as well, if they offer adequate defenses. They are, currently, the number 1 and number 2 targets for me, but Threnodist is the most sus, for all that 'barely sus' is not particularly worth talking about, he still makes the best third target that I've noticed on review.

So I don't want to focus too much on things that have already been said, but riki saying people should check them out seems like it could be vet baiting to me, and he would not be vet baiting townie cops if he was town. One of the main things I don't like about riki's defense is him asking others to defend them instead of them actually defending themselves. Now what I mean by this is them asking what people think they are doing that is sus, instead of reading the past posts made by people explaining that. Another part is the flip flopping, such as claiming herbavore in the opening post and then saying dino type doesn't matter, and demanding investigatives check them out and then saying thats not what he meant. Like JBJ said, revisionism doesn't work when people can read your posts.

On to people suspicions on me. Looking back I see two main things with a mention of a third, my inactivity and my saying riki's flailing was in character for them and then voting them up for it. On the inactivity, I gave an excuse, and I overstayed my welcome on said excuse. The reason is true, freinds and I were seeing each other before we all left for summer stuff, and we stayed out p late. Whether or not you believe that is up to you, I'm probably not going to change your mind in one post about that. The other reason is my voting riki for a reason that I said was in character. That was a mistake on my part, I was operating on very little sleep and did not check my logic and reasoning. The smaller thing I mentioned was me going after the new guy. I do find it odd that no one is going after Derp for inactivity and instead going after me, but I'll chalk that up to new player leniency. I just wanted to hear more from them at some point, but looks like that is not happening for now, which I will keep an eye on but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

[X] Null
[X] Lynch Rikimaru

This is kinda just me saving my own skin, but I do find Riki sus for the reasons already stated, so I am moving my vote back to them.

I do find it odd that no one is going after Derp for inactivity and instead going after me, but I'll chalk that up to new player leniency. I just wanted to hear more from them at some point, but looks like that is not happening for now, which I will keep an eye on but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I have Derpmind on my radar, I just don't like killing new players before the end of day 2. It seems very poor form to make someone's first mafia game end without them having a chance to really participate. So unless they do something really egregious, I don't like to see it happen.

Back