Trouble In Cretaceous Park (Mafia)

*suddenly arbitrator*.

Well, okay then. Timing. Yeah, I applied to be an arbitrator a bit back and I'm now apparently on a probation period or something. Not real important. The important part is the 'trying to figure out this Arbitrator stuff' might slow me down a bit for a few days.

*suddenly arbitrator*.

Well, okay then. Timing. Yeah, I applied to be an arbitrator a bit back and I'm now apparently on a probation period or something. Not real important. The important part is the 'trying to figure out this Arbitrator stuff' might slow me down a bit for a few days.
Congrats, man!

As for the current lynch, Rikimaru hasn't really defended himself too well, and it's probably alright if he gets lynched. I don't really see any better targets, so my vote stays on them.

@Derpmind, just some tips, try and find somebody acting odd or suspicious or defensive and look through their posts. See if you can find a pattern of behavior, something that makes them suspicious.

I'm back! sorry about the inactivity was with friends and then passed out until a few hours ago. Rikimaru is flailing pretty hard right now, but based on their past games it seems they start flailing regardless of what team they are on. Them saying that lynching them wont stop them from winning is pretty suspicious, and they seem to be doing some pretty heavy mental gymnastics to make that statement not suspicious. I don't like Derpmind's "mysterious silence" remark, but that just seems like a new player thing. Gonna vote up rikimaru until he can give a sound argument for the reason behind the softclaim.

[X] Null
[X] Lynch Rikimaru

And the second day of lynching is also pretty much random if no one takes a stance. You being all 'I am mysterious, ooo', instead of commenting on the ongoing events, who looks like they are trying too hard, or not trying hard enough, or acting scummy, or anything means we have nothing to go on as regards you, because of not playing.

If you aren't playing during the day, that makes you useless to town and dangerous as scum, making you a good lynch candidate. I'm still trying to get Rikimaru to at least try, because while I'm not certain he is scum, as is taking my vote off him would be practically rewarding bad behavior. Which I'm not gonna do.

I woke up, so I am gonna say that derpmind isn't likely to be super useful to town.
I am a role with useful aspects to it that scum would not be wasting their kill on me.

So the way I see it, is who do u most want to NOT be in a lategame situation with.
I don't like being alive around quiet players as much because then I feel awkward being the talker.

When u asked me to give reasons not to lynch me I thought a good one was that I have given info on my role and fluff a little. While that could just have been a poor attempt at creating an alibi, I hoped that it would make me noticable to be looked at during night time to draw off kills.

Derpmind is as u say acting mysterious, and I have noticed they are sorta bandwagoning (on phone so hard to dublechek). I recommend them as a target since they are unlikely to start opening up.

And I actually forgot godfather investigation immunity otherwise I wouldnt have said to invest me.

Don't investigate me if i survive day one. Its a waste of a town action. I mean a watcher or tracker would not be wasted necessarily but inv is better used on a good player.

I do appreciate JBJ talking an actual amount so

[X] Null

But i do think derpmind is (up to page 6) least valuable for town.

[X] Lynch DerpMind

I have explained my soft roleclaim a few times. I also explained thecwhole winningwhiledead thing.

Soft roleclaim was me wanting to give a little info and me being impatient combined with still adjusting my playstyle from CWs game where evryone roleclaiming early won non psycho the game.

Winningwhiledead is the fact that most games a lynched individual can still win because of their team. Heck, SHADOWSHINOBI won the logos game technically. And she suicided to town day one.

[X] Null Threnodist
[X] Lynch Atk50

Derpmind should probably be more active, but for Atk it's a noticeable divergence from his usual pattern. Also I feel lynching the only new guy day one would be in bad taste. Might be a good move I admit, but can't bring myself to vote for it. Meanwhile Rikamaru already has plenty of pressure.

The Timestamp is in reference to RIGHT NOW
The obscurity of the time BBcode strikes once more. The time bbcode makes a timestamp like the ones at the bottom of every post. Exactly like them, in fact, because they use the same forum architecture. If you look at it and it says the day ends tomorrow, that means the day ends tomorrow, not "tomorrow relative to when the post was made".

The obscurity of the time BBcode strikes once more. The time bbcode makes a timestamp like the ones at the bottom of every post. Exactly like them, in fact, because they use the same forum architecture. If you look at it and it says the day ends tomorrow, that means the day ends tomorrow, not "tomorrow relative to when the post was made".
Ohh, that makes more sense.

Alright, I get it. The previous forum that I played Mafia games on was much more casual. I know how to play the game in general, but I'll try to learn how the game is played on SV and how to make any posts that aren't in some way relevant.

Alright, I get it. The previous forum that I played Mafia games on was much more casual. I know how to play the game in general, but I'll try to learn how the game is played on SV and how to make any posts that aren't in some way relevant.
Mostly day one consists of meming and watching who argues for who. Also bandwagoning the guys who actually do go and claim outright because it got kinda ridiculous at one point and so became policy. There's a certain amount of circling the herd trying to find someone with a weak case to pick off, but all in all what matters is voting or commenting on the various bandwagons and your view of the player they're on.

Okay, this whole "Literally two thirds of players on one wagon" thing's got me narrowing my eyes a bit. I don't think Rikimaru is acting that far outside his normal pattern of behavior, not enough to warrant this, at any rate. Seems a bit like people are jumping on the bandwagon to pretend like they're contributing to me.

Rikimaru is flailing pretty hard right now, but based on their past games it seems they start flailing regardless of what team they are on.
"Rikimaru's flailing isn't really out of character for them."
*Votes Rikimaru*

Yeaaaahh...

[X] Lynch Cakestepid

So I mean I do have something that will help town but I sorta need to be alive to do it tonight. Not a fan of getting lynched personally. Can't say what it is because then scum knows if I am priority or if I am baiting or if I am doing anything at all.

Can we please shift onto someone who hasn't soft roleclaimed? I have already explained my actions, and sure I accept it was bad play, but what if I was vet baiting? what if I was trying make myself LOOK like I am vet baiting to avoid getting killed night 1? what if I am soaking up a scum kill? what if it's part of my wincon to reach a certain lynch vote level at some point or another?

Yeah I totally sympathise, it's hard to know exactly how much info one can/should give without making a target. That's probably a big reason for why most players are moderately quiet.

Okay, this whole "Literally two thirds of players on one wagon" thing's got me narrowing my eyes a bit. I don't think Rikimaru is acting that far outside his normal pattern of behavior, not enough to warrant this, at any rate. Seems a bit like people are jumping on the bandwagon to pretend like they're contributing to me.

"Rikimaru's flailing isn't really out of character for them."
*Votes Rikimaru*

Yeaaaahh...

[X] Lynch Cakestepid
THANKS! Me flailing around like an idiot literally happens every game at some point or another. I always say something that I spend the next 5 posts trying to clarify and answer questions about. It would almost be downright suspicious if I didn't do something stupid.

I didn't realise that Derpmind was new, and also I think their activity is pretty high for a newbie or even usual players. I will do my customary copying a veteran player's lynch target. Also yeah, I thought it was super weird for Cake to join the bandwagon whilst mentioning I wasn't behaving out of character. Thanks nani for pointing that out as worthwhile of lynching. I also have considered the idea that I accidentally stopped actual scum from being looked at too heavily by making a big target on myself accidentally. Which is, as Terrabrand has said, anti-town behaviour, which is bad because I am town.

[X] Null

[X] Lynch CakeStepid

Frankly, something about Rikimaru that pretty much screamed policy lynch/scum behavior at me was the 'is anyone here a carnivore?' It seems like really desperate signalling or an attempt at a D1 flavor claim/rolecall. That is not OK in my books, and I'm surprised nobody else even mentioned it.

Frankly, something about Rikimaru that pretty much screamed policy lynch/scum behavior at me was the 'is anyone here a carnivore?' It seems like really desperate signalling or an attempt at a D1 flavor claim/rolecall. That is not OK in my books, and I'm surprised nobody else even mentioned it.
It sorta flew under my radar given everything else he was doing.

I'm gonna review targets for a bit. Leaving my vote where it stands for the moment, because Rikimaru still seems a fair lynch, but I'm gonna check for who I think is most sus. No reason to just blithely bandwagon.

Though Cake's behavior is definitely eyebrow raising.

Not scummy at all. It was because Comiturtle did a PSA or something and told me to use the spotlight to get info from others. It wasn't signalling it was trying for other people to give info. Which I knew wouldn't be responded to but still.

You do realize few of the regulars are inclined to take that as a positive day one, yes? I mean I'm off on someone else, but it's a fairly usual pattern of behavior to hit people who claim day one. Admittedly usually it's for hard claims, but still.

Yeah, but I still think SV needs to adjust its meta a bit. Hard claims deserve policy lynches yes, but soft claims shouldn't. Soft claims are easy enough to lie about but give enough to make some sort of basis. There is also the whole risk/reward for the future.

An example of someone who made a massive mess but did it in a way that stopped them from getting lynched is Winged Cat's jester play. I still think it was anti-town behaviour. The only reason they weren't lynched purely out of irritation was because shadow shinobi was shitfaced drunk and convinced everyone to lynch them instead.

It sorta flew under my radar given everything else he was doing.

I'm gonna review targets for a bit. Leaving my vote where it stands for the moment, because Rikimaru still seems a fair lynch, but I'm gonna check for who I think is most sus. No reason to just blithely bandwagon.

Though Cake's behavior is definitely eyebrow raising.

I think I have covered this a little with above stuff to cake

Oh, I hadn't actually checked post count.

@atk50 @Cakestepid you may want to work at that. You're sitting at 1 and 4 game posts respectively.

[X] Null Threnodist
[X] Lynch Atk50

Derpmind should probably be more active, but for Atk it's a noticeable divergence from his usual pattern. Also I feel lynching the only new guy day one would be in bad taste. Might be a good move I admit, but can't bring myself to vote for it. Meanwhile Rikamaru already has plenty of pressure.

Yeah, I'm here, sorry. Although I know there's little excuse for inactivity, I do have reasons. It's E3, so that takes up some of my time. That, combined with a little bit of RL stuff and a longtime friend who moved to amsterdam showing up, I've had my hands full for the past couple of days, and likely will up until Wednesday. That being said, I'm here now, and I'm ready to do some talking.

I woke up, so I am gonna say that derpmind isn't likely to be super useful to town.
I am a role with useful aspects to it that scum would not be wasting their kill on me.

You're claiming a power role. Okay, I didn't really expect anything more. That being said, I'm not sure why you're saying that derpmind isn't going to be useful, unless of course you're saying it's because they're new.

So the way I see it, is who do u most want to NOT be in a lategame situation with.
I don't like being alive around quiet players as much because then I feel awkward being the talker.

While I can understand this line of thinking, I'm really not a fan of it. For one, with the way you've been acting this game so far, I'm more suspicious of you than I am of anyone else. Terrabrand has put far more into it than I care to type out right now, but those posts are, for the most part, accurate to my view. Secondly, I don't think that deciding based on who you don't want to be in a late-game situation with is a good idea at all. There's likely better reasons than that to lynch, especially considering that there's patterns that people tend to fall into and work within. Thirdly, Grammar.

When u asked me to give reasons not to lynch me I thought a good one was that I have given info on my role and fluff a little. While that could just have been a poor attempt at creating an alibi, I hoped that it would make me noticable to be looked at during night time to draw off kills.

Grammar, also that's not a good defense. You have given the bare bones information on your role and fluff, but that is commendable. Regardless of that, you have been acting in such a way that draws my suspicion. Rather than provide a reason of not to lynch yourself (at least nothing of any substance), you have basically done a "hey, look over there!". We could remove this unhelpful behavior now, or we could use a night action on it. I'm not Certain which I'd prefer to do, and that's a very intricate problem that depends on the player at hand, but in this case I'm leaning towards the lynch.

Derpmind is as u say acting mysterious, and I have noticed they are sorta bandwagoning (on phone so hard to dublechek). I recommend them as a target since they are unlikely to start opening up.

Standard fare for a new player. We shouldn't punish naivete in new players that haven't played the game on SV/SB before. Also how did you fuck up the words double check?!?

And I actually forgot godfather investigation immunity otherwise I wouldnt have said to invest me.

So... are you claiming Godfather? I'm not clear here, so if you could clarify that a bit.

Don't investigate me if i survive day one. Its a waste of a town action. I mean a watcher or tracker would not be wasted necessarily but inv is better used on a good player.

And now you don't want to be investigated? You're confusing me.

I do appreciate JBJ talking an actual amount so

[X] Null

But i do think derpmind is (up to page 6) least valuable for town.

[X] Lynch DerpMind

See the thing about naivete.

Fuck, man. I was just about to cover how that seemed like some sort of signaling. I could be wrong, but It's really VERY weird. Thanks for beating me to it.

Also: Re Cakestepid -

His behavior has been a bit strange to begin with, but I think that rikimaru is a better target, in my opinion, and so I will be leaving my vote there. Cake is, of course, on my radar quite a bit right now, due to his behavior. Know that I will be keeping an eye on that.

I'd be with you if he insisted on it, but I don't think there's any harm with the distance he went on that path.

So... are you claiming Godfather? I'm not clear here, so if you could clarify that a bit.
Obviously not? He's saying if he remembered GFs are immune to investigations, he wouldn't have suggested investigating him to prove his innocence like it was some kind of foolproof plan.
His behavior has been a bit strange to begin with, but I think that rikimaru is a better target, in my opinion, and so I will be leaving my vote there. Cake is, of course, on my radar quite a bit right now, due to his behavior. Know that I will be keeping an eye on that.
See, I disagree. Rikimaru, without a doubt, is an easy target. However, that does not mean he is a good target.

Also, why is everyone making me defend Rikimaru?

Back