Tome of the Orange Sky (Naruto/MGLN)

But in all seriousness, there's evidence in the hands of people not loyal to Konoha that he's a strategic asset. Best be on the lookout for kidnapping and seduction missions.
Sending teams to kidnap him? In the biz, I think that's what's referred to as 'Woodchipper Missions'.

I mean, can you imagine the body count that would be required just to get intel on his whole bag of tricks. Then, eventually, someone manages to grab him (and it's not a clone this time), then *poof* He can Summon himself home, or to several prepared locations at will.

Comedy: Gato is quietly robbed with his funds in Konoha hands, he manages to get enough from a late shipment to pay his men. Someone blabs about how it was a good thing Gato had some hidden money to pay them after being robbed, Zabuza becomes suspicious that they may not get any more money.

He spies on Gato who is organizing the plan to kill Zabuza, Haku, and the weakened Shinobi from Konoha, Gato finds a note in his safe that used to contain the second half of his payment for his men. Said note detailing the perils of back stabbing shinobi, and that they took payment in exchange for his pathetic life.

Which leaves Gato with Killers that only got a certain amount of their paycheck, and lacking in the funds department to pay them to take on un-weakened Shinobi. Or to pay those who run his ships, his employees, or literally anyone else

Last edited:
Which adds another 11 combinations to the doubles and I don't know how many triples or quads there are.
I think Yin and Yang release would probably not combine with the others like that. They aren't the same kind of "release" as the elemental transformations, after all. Elemental transformations involve using chakra in whole, formed into an element. Yin and Yang release are about isolating one or the other of the two energies that is combined to form proper chakra, and using that. Even if it's possible to use one of them at the same time as a full chakra jutsu, if you tried to add them together all you would get is a jutsu with imbalanced chakra. A failure in all respects.

Last edited:
it's another 110 combinations. (120 total: 21 double and penta, 35 triple and quad, 7 hex, and the ultimate combo)

good thing the clone spam means it's all of 5 minutes at most to try them all out.
Granted this assumes that Yin and Yang mix with the other 5 basic elements the same way that they mix with each other and not just act as a boost to potency and adding automatic instructions or even just requiring a balance of all five to mix properly in elemental techniques.

There's also the specific YinYang Release, if it counts as separate from just Yin and Yang release combined (And if it's, y'know, actually possible to combine the two without going for YinYang Release). Not exactly likely, but still a possibility. It partially depends on how the combination is done; there's already an example of Water+Earth having different possible outcomes of Mud and Mokuton/wood. And the two different 'Lava releases' (Which have different names, just the translation to English gave them identical ones).

Along with there possibly being something to 'combine a two element combo' with either another element, or a different element combo. And it being separate from just combining them in the first place.

Along with possible complications of Nature Chakra having a different effect on the combinations.

I really don't envy having to come up with the combination chart there.

There's also the specific YinYang Release, if it counts as separate from just Yin and Yang release combined (And if it's, y'know, actually possible to combine the two without going for YinYang Release). Not exactly likely, but still a possibility. It partially depends on how the combination is done; there's already an example of Water+Earth having different possible outcomes of Mud and Mokuton/wood. And the two different 'Lava releases' (Which have different names, just the translation to English gave them identical ones).
I'm fairly sure YinYang Release is more or less using Yin Release and Yang Release at the same time to perform different parts of the technique. Combining Yin chakra and Yang chakra directly just results in "chakra," after all. YinYang Release therefore, would require splitting your chakra into the two separate aspects and keeping them separate, while performing what amounts to two separate jutsu at the same time, each in the already difficult and opposing Yin or Yang release, that also interact with and tie into each other codependently but can't be allowed to actually mix. Which kind of explains why it's such a hideously difficult concept to pull off, that we only really see done via one form or other of Six Paths cheat in canon.

Last edited:
Plasma is Storm, that is water/lightning, Fire/Lightning has no canon combination, hence the curiosity about the result.
Based on the description, sun still works
with fire he'd somehow ended up with what looked like a perfect sphere of energy that had dissipated into the surroundings on hi
Now that I think about it, I wonder if people will start thinking the Tome is a super secret Uzu artifact, possibly the main target of the village's destruction. And before anyone asks how an Uzu artifact ended up in Konoha, it was smuggled out before Uzu's destruction and Naruto found its secret hiding place

Assuming, of course, that the tome becomes known to the other villages. That said, when three genin who are clearly not related (and one is from a known bloodline) prove to be able to freeform combine elements... I suspect the other villages will be thinking less "bloodline limit" and more "oh crap, secret Uzu training method that is being shared with village." Especially if the two Jounin Sensei then start doing so.

Assuming, of course, that the tome becomes known to the other villages. That said, when three genin who are clearly not related (and one is from a known bloodline) prove to be able to freeform combine elements... I suspect the other villages will be thinking less "bloodline limit" and more "oh crap, secret Uzu training method that is being shared with village." Especially if the two Jounin Sensei then start doing so.

Heavy assault? What? No, we're an infiltration squad. Gotta be able to impersonate anyone you know. Can't let little things like bloodline talents or things like that stop us. Heck, right now you're the only person left in your village - everyone else is us.

I was more thinking people within Konoha thinking that, Danzo for example?:evil:

Does anyone in the village realize the tome is more then just a book Naruto has taken to carrying around? I'd have to reread, but I think Naruto's team are the only ones who even suspect that fact.

Heavy assault? What? No, we're an infiltration squad. Gotta be able to impersonate anyone you know. Can't let little things like bloodline talents or things like that stop us. Heck, right now you're the only person left in your village - everyone else is us.

I'm laughing because I can't scream.

Now what will Tenten start using with her chakra blades? Mud+fire to make clay and turn things she cuts sealed in clay statues? Is there an Iron Release? Tenten would live making unique and impossible weapons in the spot. Super sharp wind mix sword slashes? Magnet release swarm of kunai and shuriken? Boil release strikes that eat stone and metal? Tenten can create fans\blades that have a hypnotic song when in motion.

I want to see Hinata (and Kurenai) work on a Holographic Release, creating impossible hypnotic patterns to use as genjutsu triggers. Like a cobra's stare & hood\peacock's fantail\butterfly's wings on steroids.

I had an idea, the team is covering their infiltration role by also acting in a heavy assault role, but it would be great if they also went around telling people that they are an infiltration team with the argument in favor of the idea being essentially Malfean Stealth Tactics, possibly selling it even better if only Naruto is "trying" to convince people of their role.
Nobody would believe them and their actual infiltration missions would never be traced back to the absolute least subtle team in Konoha's history.

This is why Average Ones are so highly valued.

Of course Zabuza has a backup sword. One, his favorite sword is infamous. Two, his favorite sword is an obvious pilfering target. Three, he can't expect to always be able to afford the instant recognition that comes with being the wielder of an, again infamous sword.

I had an idea, the team is covering their infiltration role by also acting in a heavy assault role, but it would be great if they also went around telling people that they are an infiltration team with the argument in favor of the idea being essentially Malfean Stealth Tactics, possibly selling it even better if only Naruto is "trying" to convince people of their role.
Nobody would believe them and their actual infiltration missions would never be traced back to the absolute least subtle team in Konoha's history.

For the uninitiated, Malfean Stealth is summed as: 'Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Explosions, you see me not...'

Huh. Kubikiribocho sorta makes sense, for those that didn't keep up with the series until the end it was revealed that it has the power to repair itself by absorbing and multiplying the iron in blood from people it cuts, which is weird enough to be an Uzumaki thing, sure. But Nuibari is just an oddly shaped sword with a roll of wire tied to the hilt, all it's strangeness is down to the user's skill. Why did they make that?
I suggest that there is a reasonable chance that it has properties that the current holders are either unaware of or unable to use, that Naruto can.

After this particular mission, no enemy shinobi will ever consider the idea that Team 18 is a stealth team. Which is hilarious. Enemy expecting a loud and highly dangerous assault squad. And they never notice their resources being looted right under their nose by the 'assault squad'.

EDIT:
Of course, the fact that Team 18 are fully capable as a tracking team or assault squad just sells the inadvertent cover even better.

Last edited:
I assume he used equal amounts of wind and water, then the same with other combinations. But what happens when he starts altering the mix. For instance maybe Mokuton is 75% earth 25% water?

And the two different 'Lava releases' (Which have different names, just the translation to English gave them identical ones).
are there only two? because Lava Release has at least 5 different manifestations: Molten Rock, Acid Mud, Corrosive Quiklime, Vulcanised Rubber, and Volcanic Ash(which would act like a cloud of burning razorblades).
and Boil also has Acid Mist and actual Steam.
Fun fact Mud Release a canonical Kekkei Genkai, but basically no one in the Elemental Nations know of of because it got over shadowed by Wood because of Hashirama :V

'm fairly sure YinYang Release is more or less using Yin Release and Yang Release at the same time to perform different parts of the technique. Combining Yin chakra and Yang chakra directly just results in "chakra," after all. YinYang Release therefore, would require splitting your chakra into the two separate aspects and keeping them separate, while performing what amounts to two separate jutsu at the same time, each in the already difficult and opposing Yin or Yang release, that also interact with and tie into each other codependently but can't be allowed to actually mix. Which kind of explains why it's such a hideously difficult concept to pull off, that we only really see done via one form or other of Six Paths cheat in canon.
eh, sort of.
Yang is Body/physical(like the Akimichi body manipulation) and Yin is Mind/spiritual(genjutsu, Nara Shadows, Yamanaka Mind control).
Yin-Yang is basically Creation, using the Yin to create something from nothing, and Yang to make it real, but it's also not as simple as doing two parts of a technique

Back