Titan of Steel (Dungeoncore)

What are the chances that her clockworks simply run down or wear out? I have to imagine that legit dungeon ones have some degree of self-repair at the material level, if not also a mechanical one.

There is also a massive gremlin colony that might take issue with this idea, even if they are not rediscovered and allied with ToS again.

Well, if you put an electric current through one it's going to explode when the muons leave. Meanwhile the positive lead of whatever you're using to apply the current will implode when its electrons get replaced with muons.

Like I said, fascinating. :V

(Generally when a physicist says something is fascinating, explosions are involved. Physicists love explosions, you'd be surprised how much you can learn about something by hitting it really hard and\or blowing it up.)

Presumably the follow-up research project on the Dimensional Jammers is finding out what the short, medium and long-term effects are from saturating an area with Holy mana.

Of course, even if there are some negative effects, they might well be worth it in exchange for barring daemonic access.

I wonder what would happen if they managed to get those hammers to be null themed, would it block access to all realms? I mean, nothing is antithetical to everything.

Presumably the follow-up research project on the Dimensional Jammers is finding out what the short, medium and long-term effects are from saturating an area with Holy mana.

Of course, even if there are some negative effects, they might well be worth it in exchange for barring daemonic access.
Let's just say there will need to be a massive increase in ghostbusting activities and leave it at that.

Like I said, fascinating. :V

(Generally when a physicist says something is fascinating, explosions are involved. Physicists love explosions, you'd be surprised how much you can learn about something by hitting it really hard and\or blowing it up.)
When you get the answer, post it, would you? I'm curious.

Let's just say there will need to be a massive increase in ghostbusting activities and leave it at that.
Well, Ghostbusting is a vastly preferable activity compared to fighting demonic armies. Apart from that these fields will directly counter the corruptive influence of demonic presence. So even if they infiltrate from draconic territories they still won't be able to screw people with their pure presence. It'll actually force the demons to play smart.

Not sure if that's desirable, but at least they won't just be able to march in and play their standard book of corruption.

So I had a thought here. Now, out glorious titan, hollow be his name, is at his base, a dungeon. Dungeons are typically subterranean, not really because of necessity but because it's easier to defend yourself when you have a shitton of rock between you and any detection and you can effectively build down as far as you please.

Given this, our MC is rather unusual in both building largely above ground and building itself mobile bodies. But separate entities are no longer a part of his "body" and as such, they lose that connection that allows him to do real time edits to them and control them.
So I suggest a subway line. A huge redundant network of subways spanning continents and bore holes with a secondary deep layer resource network going as far down as physically possible. Admittedly, it has the standard pitfalls if he stores his core down there somewhere but it's not like he can't make a smaller tram network for his core to move around in that a human simply can't fit into.

So I had a thought here. Now, out glorious titan, hollow be his name, is at his base, a dungeon. Dungeons are typically subterranean, not really because of necessity but because it's easier to defend yourself when you have a shitton of rock between you and any detection and you can effectively build down as far as you please.

Given this, our MC is rather unusual in both building largely above ground and building itself mobile bodies. But separate entities are no longer a part of his "body" and as such, they lose that connection that allows him to do real time edits to them and control them.
So I suggest a subway line. A huge redundant network of subways spanning continents and bore holes with a secondary deep layer resource network going as far down as physically possible. Admittedly, it has the standard pitfalls if he stores his core down there somewhere but it's not like he can't make a smaller tram network for his core to move around in that a human simply can't fit into.
The problem is that doing so runs straight into the various Subterranean Nations. Beyond a kilometer deep or so, most of the prime real-estate is already taken, mostly by Dwarves.

The problem is that doing so runs straight into the various Subterranean Nations. Beyond a kilometer deep or so, most of the prime real-estate is already taken, mostly by Dwarves.
I mean, that doesn't preclude the subway part of the project though, with the deepest subways usually at like 80m rather than 1km.

Maybe, but "prime real-estate" isn't really what a dungeon with it's own self contained power sources should really need now is it? I highly doubt that the Dwarves have the entire underside of the crust colonized so there are plenty of places that a dungeon could make use of. After all, a dungeon doesn't need ore, it doesn't need special minerals or fertile soil. It just needs volume to inhabit.

Maybe, but "prime real-estate" isn't really what a dungeon with it's own self contained power sources should really need now is it? I highly doubt that the Dwarves have the entire underside of the crust colonized so there are plenty of places that a dungeon could make use of. After all, a dungeon doesn't need ore, it doesn't need special minerals or fertile soil. It just needs volume to inhabit.
Point is that such a project would need a LOT of diplomatic fooling around. Also, Dungeon sizes cap at around 12 kilometers radius around the core.

Point is that such a project would need a LOT of diplomatic fooling around. Also, Dungeon sizes cap at around 12 kilometers radius around the core.
Hollowed out tunnels don't go away even if they leave the dungeon core's control zone? Maybe he could serve as a mobile mass constructor with a moving dungeon core.

Hollowed out tunnels don't go away even if they leave the dungeon core's control zone? Maybe he could serve as a mobile mass constructor with a moving dungeon core.
At that point, you might as well just take a cue from real life and make a boring machine. No need for a dungeon core at all. Add in a clockwork AI and a way to feed in materials/remove waste and you have something perfectly capable of doing the job on its own.

About hell: if you can teleport *from* there, surely you can teleport *to* there, and if you can teleport *to* there, why not just blow the whole thing up? Teleport a bajillion different "collateral damage is a good thing here, bring on the yottatons" bombs around the entire place, with a timer of a second longer than it takes the portals to close.

Unless they have dimensional anchors of their own, you can just wage a nonstop total carpet bombing of the entire place until they're all dead.

When you get the answer, post it, would you? I'm curious.
The term 'stable muons' apparently causes physicists to make funny noises for a bit, but muonic atoms are a thing and the concept of 'muonic matter' is one that pops up every now and then.

Stable muonic atoms should basically function the same as their normal counterparts, just much smaller, much faster and much higher energy. Chemical reactions would be incredibly fast and 'vigorously exothermic', for example. At the far end you have material that is functionally the same as electron degenerate matter, except with muons instead of electrons, which incidentally should also be stable on its own if you could somehow figure out a way to create it.

It would also be very, very easy to accidentally black hole yourself with large amounts of the material, due to how much more massive muonic matter would be in comparison to normal matter. There was also some debate as to how exactly such material would react to electrical currents; either not at all, or with violent destruction.

Last edited:
It would also be very, very easy to accidentally black hole yourself with large amounts of the material, due to how much more massive muonic matter would be in comparison to normal matter.
So it's a good thing that SOP is to reduce the effective mass to something closer to normal matter via mana saturation, then.

If it's so easy to black-hole yourself, is it possible to turn that into some sort of bomb? Drop a few black-hole bombs into hell, or maybe just the one.

And even better, there's implications they ease holy/good/purity magic and/or portals. There's many good reasons to be afraid of things like that, but when being Good is a part of your physics system some of the concerns evaporate.

I can see that backfiring in a major way. Morality-based intolerance is more of a Good trait than an Evil one, after all. An evil bastard doesn't care what his neighbors do so long as it doesn't affect him, but god guys tend to be nosy and take steps if theor nosiness turns up something they dislike.

Right now, Heaven/Angels generally disapprove of a lot of what mortals do, but they have bigger fish to fry in the form of Hell/Demons. But if those bigger problems go away, they suddenly have a lot more time to be nosy, disapproving and likely violent over lesser evils.

I can see that backfiring in a major way. Morality-based intolerance is more of a Good trait than an Evil one, after all. An evil bastard doesn't care what his neighbors do so long as it doesn't affect him, but god guys tend to be nosy and take steps if theor nosiness turns up something they dislike.

Right now, Heaven/Angels generally disapprove of a lot of what mortals do, but they have bigger fish to fry in the form of Hell/Demons. But if those bigger problems go away, they suddenly have a lot more time to be nosy, disapproving and likely violent over lesser evils.
Cue locking down traffic from both dimensions entirely.

If it's so easy to black-hole yourself, is it possible to turn that into some sort of bomb? Drop a few black-hole bombs into hell, or maybe just the one.

The EDM equivalent would be so massive that if you dropped a chunk of it, said chunk would fall through the planet's crust in much the same way as a lead ball falls through thin air.

Get enough of it together and the gravitic sheer on the surface of the material will spaghettify stuff, and cause it to basically 'eat' the planet at an ever increasing rate as it turns into an unusually small white dwarf. No-one felt like doing the math to figure out exactly how much you'd need though. The possibility was also raised that the material would have such an intense magnetic field that even a teaspoon-full held in the hand (somehow) would rip all the iron straight out of your blood. The good news though, is that "since it's magically stable, at least it wouldn't be hot enough to vaporize a city and radioactive enough to kill you with cancer before you finish vaporizing."

Back