Titan of Steel (Dungeoncore)

Pfffft, I just realized that Atomic Clockwork weapons are one of the few justified examples of level-locked loot. You have to spec into some pretty high-level defenses/regen in order to use them safely, or the radiation backwash will fry you.

Why did you put 'Curiously' before two of the sentences? Did you forget to remove it after a revision? I could see you typing out 'she asked, curiously,' but removing the 'she asked' and being told by spellcheck to capitalize 'curiously'.
Fix please.
Otherwise, this chapter was pretty good. I still don't know why the person who discovered the Titan's infiltrator didn't treat it as something to be wary of. Humans tend to dislike new things.

Why did you put 'Curiously' before two of the sentences? Did you forget to remove it after a revision? I could see you typing out 'she asked, curiously,' but removing the 'she asked' and being told by spellcheck to capitalize 'curiously'.
Fix please.
Otherwise, this chapter was pretty good. I still don't know why the person who discovered the Titan's infiltrator didn't treat it as something to be wary of. Humans tend to dislike new things.
First, I can't locate the point with the grammar glitch you mentioned.

Second, Sherry Rosotz is an experienced adventurer who also likes writing about new and exciting creatures. She not only has a lot of experience with encountering unexpected weirdness; she actively seeks it out. It also helps that she'd already ruled out her mental worst-case scenario.

Alright. The main source of the problem with Sherry's dialogue near the end was the comma after 'Curiously' making it seem like a noun, but the -ly making it an adjective. Perhaps she commonly gives out nicknames?

English is weird.
And I need to start not posting drafts.

Last edited:
Well, no. If there was a flying battleship in my bed, my bed would be so many splinters and I wouldn't have a bed to kick them out of anymore. Also, if I tried I'd probably break my toe.

I'd give serious consideration to not kicking some flying battleships out of bed.

Yamato, Supreme flagship of the Fleet of Fog for example.

I wonder how the major players will react to the radioactivity. Will they make the connection between your Radiation and rwdioactive substances? Will they put research into it? I wonder how thr SI woyld react to suddenly having people running around with Nukes...

I wonder how the major players will react to the radioactivity. Will they make the connection between your Radiation and rwdioactive substances? Will they put research into it? I wonder how thr SI woyld react to suddenly having people running around with Nukes...
Consider that some Adventurers managed to get their hands on some of my Proton Piles/Dragonfire Cores already, and that Adventurers who spend a lot of time in Clockwork Dungeons are quite adept when it comes to reverse-engineering. The cat's already out of the bag.

Consider that some Adventurers managed to get their hands on some of my Proton Piles/Dragonfire Cores already, and that Adventurers who spend a lot of time in Clockwork Dungeons are quite adept when it comes to reverse-engineering. The cat's already out of the bag.
I imagine that the Grand Dragons won't be too happy about that. After all, with enough Dragonfire Cores a human might potentially pose a threat to one of them.

I imagine that the Grand Dragons won't be too happy about that. After all, with enough Dragonfire Cores a human might potentially pose a threat to one of them.
Yeah, there's a bit of a rock-paper-scissors thing going on here.

Grand Dragons beat Adventurers

Adventurers are the most effective answer to Titans, but don't always succeed

Titans, once fully matured, can crush Grand Dragons with ease

Now, imagine what happens once the humans learn to build their own 'Titans'?

Now, imagine what happens once the humans learn to build their own 'Titans'?
Of course I imagine that human titans are going to be inferior to a dungeon-core built one with equivalent power sources.

I mean the SI just magicked up a lot of his titan and reactors instead of having to manually construct the things. From what I can tell if a Dungeon has the mana and 'blueprint' they can simply poof the result into existence with no flaws.

Humans on the other hand, they'll have to build the reactors etc the hard way.

Of course I imagine that human titans are going to be inferior to a dungeon-core built one with equivalent power sources.

I mean the SI just magicked up a lot of his titan and reactors instead of having to manually construct the things. From what I can tell if a Dungeon has the mana and 'blueprint' they can simply poof the result into existence with no flaws.

Humans on the other hand, they'll have to build the reactors etc the hard way.
Yeah, I wouldn't have been able to put Carbon nanotubes in literally everything if it weren't for the innate conjuration abilities Dungeons have. On the other hand, another of my developments basically amounts to a Fixed Conjuration 3d printer with atomic resolution, which is what the Moon Gremlins are using.

Time to build all the triple-A. One might think more Grand Dragons might come poking around.

If minions can go out of the dungeon, seeding nuclear-rocket missiles all over the countryside would be an excellent way to slow down and potentially damage any draconic intruders. At least it will give more warning to get the aerial battleship to combat stations and take a short while to die while also draining their stamina/resources.

You could also launch them against ground targets in a pinch if facing a land invasion. High level people might be tough but a dirty nuke will still drain their magic and consumable resources.

EDIT: You also need more than one battleship. One ship does not an airship navy make.
Plus lighter elements for screening, scouting and defending less important sites. Perhaps a nuclear missile destroyer class for killing soft targets.
An ion cannon frigate with a hilariously overengineered spinal gun for putting on the hurt on dragons or Titans (or any large and heavily armoured target). All they need to do is to hit the wings and ground the dragon so that the battleships can show up and pound it into dust.

If mana shields for the battleship exists, then you can also put one over the city, powered by its own cores of course. Once proven, just selling these to neighbouring non-dragon ruled kingdoms would buy a lot of goodwill. "This shield can withstand five blasts of dragonfire!"

Alternately, instead of trading it away, just dome all your cities and enough farmland to feed them, then go wild with dirty weaponry and crank that atmospheric radiation up to lethal levels. After a while, the radiation will blow around the skies and turn the place into even more a death world. Soon, your enemies will all just die without you having to lift a clockwork finger. If you have allies, you can provide shields.

Last edited:
Alternately, instead of trading it away, just dome all your cities and enough farmland to feed them, then go wild with dirty weaponry and crank that atmospheric radiation up to lethal levels. After a while, the radiation will blow around the skies and turn the place into even more a death world. Soon, your enemies will all just die without you having to lift a clockwork finger. If you have allies, you can provide shields.
There are two factions you have forgotten about in this scenario. First, is the Moon Gremlins. Second, are the Dwarves. Both of these factions are in positions where the environmental conditions on the planet's surface will have negligible impact on their survival prospects, and neither would be willing to tolerate the continued existence of a genocidal Titan. Further, the Moon Gremlins have a tech-base on par with the Titan of Steel, complete with their very own nuclear arsenal. The Dwarves don't have nuke-tech yet, but they're in the process of reverse-engineering the Dragonfire Cores, and this process would only go faster with more examples of the tech to capture.

Also, Grand Dragons are basically immune to radiation in any dose small enough that they aren't literally in danger of getting slagged.

Assimilating the Dragons (Non-canon)
You absorb them to Blueprint the Breed & get a "Favored Enemy" stat when fighting more.

Also, Twin Dragon Skulls Hood Ornament/ Titan Shoulder Dragonfire Weapon Mounts.

Make Dragon Shape Titans, you know you want Kaiju...
Item Assimilated: Grand Dragon Corpse, severely mauled

Great, I can conjure oversized cadavers now. So what?

Item Assimilated: Grand Dragon Corpse, severely mauled

Great, I can conjure oversized cadavers now. So what?

Outside my hull, the first salvo of RC gun shots slammed home, shattering bones and punching large holes in the Grand Dragon's hide, though the dragon' skull and forward ribcage were apparently tough enough to bounce the shots. Seriously, who even designed these creatures!?

Find out the design specs, you got a lucky shot with a open mouth?

Back