The Morrsley Village Experiment

Well, that rules out my remaining concern. If you didn't see any visitors at all after Shadell's claim at end of last day, I'd worry that you'd been somehow roleblocked or redirected to some random other player. But if you got some positive results that just didn't include -Rosen, that is a lot harder to explain away.

What would you say are the most likely explanations for my failure to detect you?
Considering that I doubt there's a standard Transporter in this setup given we've already seen a Tracker flip and your Watcher claim, my best guess is scumteam has someone who can either discreetly block or move someone to another target of their choosing. My best guess would be the latter here (especially with 4 PR claims already it would make sense that scum has the means to fuck with night actions like that)

Woowee finally caught up! Looks like there are some killers creeping about. If we all assumed it was just one faction that would have been bad.

Considering that I doubt there's a standard Transporter in this setup given we've already seen a Tracker flip and your Watcher claim, my best guess is scumteam has someone who can either discreetly block or move someone to another target of their choosing. My best guess would be the latter here (especially with 4 PR claims already it would make sense that scum has the means to fuck with night actions like that)
EBWOP: 3 PR claims and a PR flip, rather.

Is the answer you? :V
Well, that rules out my remaining concern. If you didn't see any visitors at all after Shadell's claim at end of last day, I'd worry that you'd been somehow roleblocked or redirected to some random other player. But if you got some positive results that just didn't include -Rosen, that is a lot harder to explain away.
*scratches note*
It would have to be a redirector either switching your target or Hobo's target. Transporter wouldn't have changed that Hobo didn't see you visit [The person you both targeted].
Woowee finally caught up! Looks like there are some killers creeping about. If we all assumed it was just one faction that would have been bad.
*scratches note*

This might be wholly wrong, but I am wondering if @-Rosen isn't our pink serial killer.

They were scum reading Tykan earlier, and when I asked why target Tykan they immediately replied that it makes sense to target scum at this point, even though nobody else really seemed to be getting scum vibes off Tykan earlier.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

If you didn't see any visitors at all after Shadell's claim at end of last day, I'd worry that you'd been somehow roleblocked or redirected to some random other player.
Ah, I almost forgot to mention this, but this made me remember what I wanted to post earlier.

I don't know for certain whether it was one of the Independent Variable scumgroup or a fellow Test Subject who did this, but I was roleblocked last night.

So, that means that whatever IH saw is likely to be true and accurate, unless they are blatantly lying (which i don't believe is the case).

Ah, I almost forgot to mention this, but this made me remember what I wanted to post earlier.

I don't know for certain whether it was one of the Independent Variable scumgroup or a fellow Test Subject who did this, but I was roleblocked last night.

So, that means that whatever IH saw is likely to be true and accurate, unless they are blatantly lying (which i don't believe is the case).
Was there any flavor to the roleblocking?

"Shot in the chest" implies that the killer had a firearm of some kind. @Nictis, does your role allow you to investigate other participants? It may help us track down who the scum are.

"Shot in the chest" implies that the killer had a firearm of some kind. @Nictis, does your role allow you to investigate other participants? It may help us track down who the scum are.
I'll forgive the blatant info digging because you're new and because it's already known that I'm not a Test Subject. As for your question... I'm currently debating the value of finishing my reveal. I will say that the role you're thinking of has already been claimed though.

This might be wholly wrong, but I am wondering if @-Rosen isn't our pink serial killer.

They were scum reading Tykan earlier, and when I asked why target Tykan they immediately replied that it makes sense to target scum at this point, even though nobody else really seemed to be getting scum vibes off Tykan earlier.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Wasn't really scum-reading him until EoD when he abruptly switched for no reason, in which case I wouldn't really have much reason to kill him as SK and I'd be trying to push for his lynch instead, which would be much easier than trying to run a lynch on you since you at least have something to explain yourself with.

I'll forgive the blatant info digging because you're new and because it's already known that I'm not a Test Subject. As for your question... I'm currently debating the value of finishing my reveal. I will say that the role you're thinking of has already been claimed though.

If you're referring to our dead Test Subject Tracker then...oh dear. Someone among us may not be telling the truth about their role.

Wasn't really scum-reading him until EoD when he abruptly switched for no reason, in which case I wouldn't really have much reason to kill him as SK and I'd be trying to push for his lynch instead, which would be much easier than trying to run a lynch on you since you at least have something to explain yourself with.
I don't know that I quite buy this.

When asked why Tykan would have been targeted, you replied with the assumption the SK knew or guessed they were scum. So you seem to be pretty sure the SK viewed them as such. You also suggested that the SK would have aimed for scum for a night kill, but now you're saying they would push a lynch instead.

Inconsistency like that isn't proof positive, but it is a bit troubling, and more than a bit with the confirmed kill flavor and discrepancy with regards to your nightly whereabouts.

If you're referring to our dead Test Subject Tracker then...oh dear. Someone among us may not be telling the truth about their role.
Claimed, not revealed. Interesting thought though, and I'll admit that if I wasn't already proven wrong about ondine I might have been wondering the same thing.

To clarify, I approve of the way you're thinking, I just think that you're wrong in this case.

Claimed, not revealed. Interesting thought though, and I'll admit that if I wasn't already proven wrong about ondine I might have been wondering the same thing.

To clarify, I approve of the way you're thinking, I just think that you're wrong in this case.

Wrong? How so? Just because somebody reveals their role doesn't necessarily mean they're being truthful about it.

Was there any flavor to the roleblocking?
Sadly, there wasn't any flavor. All it described was me being taped to some furniture by an unknown individual with a fuck ton of duct tape rolls for the night.

Would've been rather helpful, even if it's pretty likely that one of the Independent Variables did it (I'm going on the assumption that there isn't a Test Subject Roleblocker and that the SK either doesn't have a Roleblock ability or they can't perform multiple actions in one night).

I don't know that I quite buy this.

When asked why Tykan would have been targeted, you replied with the assumption the SK knew or guessed they were scum. So you seem to be pretty sure the SK viewed them as such. You also suggested that the SK would have aimed for scum for a night kill, but now you're saying they would push a lynch instead.

Inconsistency like that isn't proof positive, but it is a bit troubling, and more than a bit with the confirmed kill flavor and discrepancy with regards to your nightly whereabouts.
I'm talking about myself, not the Serial Killer. Not inconsistency when I'm talking about my own headspace in that situation versus talking about why this particular SK did what they did.

So, does anyone who hasn't claimed want to admit control group? Otherwise, I'm back to being a little suspicious of Nictis and what seems to be a wincon that can't lose (presuming they win when the game ends and don't need to be alive, I'm not sure why Nictis would... continue playing really, much less helping town? Unless they specifically need a null.)

Because I find that the push against him from D1 doesn't hold any water. I don't think he was PR fishing when asking IH to reveal what he had been purposefully hiding, especially now since what he was hiding didn't really have anything to do with his actual role or power. Then and now it feels like a whole lot of nothing to me

This wasn't the core of why people scumread @Cyricubed. Cyri claimed, specifically, test subject, but missed the tells that test subjects were bandying about earlier. Every piece of information Cyri's claimed with (color, faction name, etc) were all available when Cyri claimed, and, when there were unknown details (the actual shade of blue) Cyri got them wrong despite specifically invoking them.

In short, claiming town, but either being very safely late on details of that or getting it wrong; while, also missing town cues much like Nictis did.

So, does anyone who hasn't claimed want to admit control group? Otherwise, I'm back to being a little suspicious of Nictis and what seems to be a wincon that can't lose (presuming they win when the game ends and don't need to be alive, I'm not sure why Nictis would... continue playing really, much less helping town? Unless they specifically need a null.)
I'm paraphrasing because I can't quote.

I win when the killing stops. It heavily implies there are multiple sources of killing. I am not sure if I need to be alive or not.

This wasn't the core of why people scumread @Cyricubed. Cyri claimed, specifically, test subject, but missed the tells that test subjects were bandying about earlier. Every piece of information Cyri's claimed with (color, faction name, etc) were all available when Cyri claimed, and, when there were unknown details (the actual shade of blue) Cyri got them wrong despite specifically invoking them.

In short, claiming town, but either being very safely late on details of that or getting it wrong; while, also missing town cues much like Nictis did.
In shorter, trying to kill someone based on GM information, not their own specific statements. I will always ignore these arguments no matter what the situation is.

Also: Gonna state that I'm not accepting any reasoning that is based on someone using the wrong shade of a color.

I can accept the rest of the reasoning, I just disagree with it.

But I do need to remind you that colorblindness exists.

Back