The Life of a Half-Saiyan (Thread1) (DBZ)

No I am not that genuinely sounds fun and interesting.
What's wrong with non Euclidian Geometry? We can navigate the warped space as easily as we do real space, and our opponents can't. And we are even completely sane while doing so.
Because it still means The Orange has power over us. I refuse to allow that pathetic shadow of what a SS should be to affect our mind when we can bend The Legend to our will.

I hate how it bends Gossards Pride and Self Confidence into a Delusion that warps his perception.

I'm willing to stomach the transformation, even if I will never like it, if we can learn to control The Orange completely without adverse affects.

If we can't do that I will either vote to completely ignore it no matter the consequences, or just not read the updates where it's featured, those are the only options my sheer distaste will allow me without dropping the quest completely, which I really don't want to do.

Because it still means The Orange has power over us. I refuse to allow that pathetic shadow of what a SS should be to affect our mind when we can bend The Legend to our will.

I hate how it bends Gossards Pride and Self Confidence into a Delusion that warps his perception.

I'm willing to stomach the transformation, even if I will never like it, if we can learn to control The Orange completely without adverse affects.

If we can't do that I will either vote to completely ignore it no matter the consequences, or just not read the updates where it's featured, those are the only options my sheer distaste will allow me without dropping the quest completely, which I really don't want to do.

That seems a bit extreme to me over the side effects of a transformation but to each their own.

It'd only have power over us that we'd be granting it. It's an effect that is solely useful, and not detrimental in anyway.

Wow, people get really triggered when you mess with their power fantasies in fiction.*

Personally speaking, I'm ambivalent. I'm actually in absolute love with shounen powerups that have weaknesses you can't just learn to deal with (hence why I hate what they did to Potara), but the update did come up in stark contrast to everything immediately prior (we just got through a mildly serious scene of Gossard basically failing for the first time), and I'm not exactly in a hurry to add another transformation to our repertoire anyway (we are, again, only three years old).

*This is meant to only be about half as dismissively sarcastic as it sounds. I was starting to get really bored of the constant chat about how we're going get even more super-overpowered given the slightest opportunity, so part of me feels a little schadenfreude over the situation.

When I get emotional, which isn't often at all, then I very quickly wind up extremely hardheaded, unreasonable, and extreme. I freely admit that.

Though it's none of my business, I'd suggest that working on your personal issues should be the natural next step to recognizing they exist.

It'd only have power over us that we'd be granting it. It's an effect that is solely useful, and not detrimental in anyway.
When I get emotional, which isn't often at all, then I very quickly wind up extremely hardheaded, unreasonable, and extreme. I freely admit that.
Yeah I don't really CARE dude. Read the above. Your better off not wasting your time trying to convince me otherwise.

Though it's none of my business, I'd suggest that working on your personal issues should be the natural next step to recognizing they exist.
Meh. The Internet's the only thing that really triggers it so I don't care that much.

True I'm pretty sure most of us were not expecting that at all. Most of us think it would be just like FSS Goku in that movie, not something that would fit a gag manga (Dragon Ball) than the fun but mostly serious Quest (DBZ) we've been playing.

I thought I'd address this.
If you achieve the False Super Saiyan form the way Goku did, you don't roll Insanity, you get one assigned.
Namely Mania (Kill the bastard who caused you to try and Ascend)

It's the second time you hit the form you get the Insanity Roll.

All I can really say is that sometimes power goes to one's head. While 4th wall breaking was a surprise and not what I expected, I knew there would be side effects from a transformation that dealt with such an emotion such as delusion. Chaos did say it was also kinda close to SG, at least in abilities outside of pure power, we got the ability to recon in return...I just saw it as the trade off for such a ability, one that we could also lower as we mastered it.

Seems I'm among the minority in being ok with the side effects. Oh well
I'm with you, at least. It's an interesting penalty to balance extreme power. Personally will support its use more in the future.

Honestly, I think it's more of a vocal minority objecting, but I could be wrong.

I'm with you, at least. It's an interesting penalty to balance extreme power. Personally will support its use more in the future.

Honestly, I think it's more of a vocal minority objecting, but I could be wrong.

Agreed, happy to see another Orange supporter

I had nothing against orange or the update. I was more annoyed at the fact that's been changed. That regardless of mastery we'd always get some form of mental problem. With it being changed to mastery of FSS meaning no mental issues with that form?

With its casually rewriting reality I'm sort of for training FSS now. At least until mastery. Then we work on SS.

I just didn't like the 4th wall stuff. All those other delusions we can have I don't mind. In fact it even makes sense to include them.

With Oranges reality-fuckery, seems like a perfect thing to train along side Magic. And we can train Science too while we are at it, most of the tricks we learn with Magic would probably be rather helpful in our Science endeavors.

Tripping on Orange
(What if: False Super Saiyan broke the 4th wall: 4th Wall What-If)

---

"Of c-course this is time." You hiccup, skin glowing lightly with completely tamed energy that is not trying to fly away from YOU AS YOU LACK THE-
You shake yourself, shifting down into the Turtle Form. You are Gossard briefs, and no lowly little Green Thing and his pet Reptile can get the better of you.
"Why wouldn't it b-be time. Just a stupid argh. little..." You trail off, your black eyes boring a hole in Garlic Junior. If your looks could kill, his soul would be halfway to Otherworld by now. With a mental note to learn that technique from Goha-Pain. An extended green arm slamming into you.
You roar out your Pride and your Denial, shooting from the ruined wall that was your resting place and you eye your attacker. A mind controlled Mister Piccolo, settling into an unknown stance. You can't remember seeing him use it before. No matter, he is STILL PICCOLO! You have exceeded his power months ago. With a wordless scream you launch yourself through the air, tapping a large amount of your dwindling immense and infinite Power you curl your fist back and attempt to cave your Mentor's chest in.
He grunts with pain, doubling over from the impact. A spray of alien blood from his mouth from your impact and you notice a wash of raw Ki energy flow off him and dissipate.

It seems he has the same issues yo. It seems he has issues holding his Ki as it drains into Garlic Junior. And you can take plenty of advantage of his weakening state.
You smirk, stepping back and settling into the defense Turtle style, then glance over at Gohan. You face twists into a sneer as you see the shining Golden Fighter playing with YOUR KILL. Slamming the small Makyan in a diamond shape using weak Masenko blasts to redirect him. Form dropping as you narrow your eyes at the display
"You know, this is how I train. Tearing apart a Masenko-Ha" the green man screams as the energy blast rips at him "and reforming it, as I slam it around. Really helps me understand how my Ki works, don't you think? Masenko-Ha! Studying is such an effective tool to teach things, like NOT ruining my lunch with attempted murder."
You should be doing that. You are the ELDEST. THE FIRSTBORN SON! THE LEGENDARY SAI-"
You stumble and sink to your knees, pain wracking your form. You don't understand. You don't...You look up at your mentor, who snarls back in a mindless beastial tone. The golden tower sigil on his brow pulses.
"Mister PiccolO! Snap out of it! SNap o-out..." You rise through force of will, wondering why bruises cover your form. It cannot be the pathetic weaklings surrounding you, they are Weaklings! A hundredfold increase of their abilities and they Might equal your base form. Your muscles tremble as you hold Your Energy Yours in.
"Snap out of it Mister Piccolo! Do it!" You yell, grabbing his fist "You are stronger than this! I am stronger than this!"
Your hand is wreathed in a golden aura as you look up, glaring balefully at the mark. Your hand is wreathed in crimson as Piccolo jumps back, clutching the mark like he is burned.
You grin in triumph, taking a step forward. And then lifted into the air, twitching, by your tail.
"..." your captor says but you do not hear him, boiling in rage, injured pride and DENIAL that this happened. A Weakling, a Green Pretender weakling is touching YOUR TAIL!
You can't hold it. Can't hold your energy, your entire body shakes and enough energy to glass a Planet (where did the rest go...no, no you ARE STRONGER THAN THIS) bursts from your body uncontrolled.
You fall into the crater, landing heavily. Pain. Pain from, from falling. Chunks of green flesh land around you as you tremble.

You Refuse.

You swish your tail from the reaching grasp of the Weakling and glare at him. Raising your hand to unleash an atomizing Ki Blast.
A spark forms in your hand, then sputters and dies.
"What...What happened." You comment, mostly to yourself, in sheer disbelief. A faint breeze begins upwards then stills as a wave of exhaustion rushes over you.
"NO!" You scream in denial. You are STRONG! You are the Strongest IN THE GALAXY! You are GOSSARD BRIEFS! THE LEGENDARY HALF-SAIYAN PRINCE!
And you Refuse this outcome.
The wind kicks back up suddenly as lightning crashes down. Once, twice, thrice. You Ascend into the air, feeling your FULL UNLIMITED POWER! Restore itself. You ignore the pitiful draining, you are Gossard and such things cannot harm you or diminish your Majesty.

"..." you hear, but the wind whisks the words away.
You have things to Make Right and Pretenders to viciously flay. A single thought and you Move, a shockwave forming from your motions as you appear behind the Weakling that grabbed you tail.
As you remove his major organs, you look up. And smirk.
A dozen Weaklings come to take you down. Greenmen, and a single pink-skinned girl. You delight in the slaughter. Dancing between them, each motion accompanied by a powerful Ki Blast
"COME AND GET SOME YOU PRETENDERS!" You roar in delight, laughing.
You blink and they have swapped appearance
Disembowling a pitiful human with a finger, you survey the battlefield, littered with the corpses of a hundred former enemies. Something seems wrong, but you ignore that, too delighted in the opportunity for combat.
You look down and see Gohan struggling with a weakling...one of Garlic's henchmen if you recognize him correctly.

"Gossard stop!" Your brother appears in front of you "YOU ARE MAKING HIM STRONGER! Now stop testing your powers and actually fight!"
You are confused...no, Gohan must be confused, perhaps some strange perception filter on the men?
You see one of Garlic's men on the ground, standing but trembling in pain as he clutches his brow, which is currently on fire. You grin and charge up a simple Ki blast.
You blink, and suddenly...
"Piccolo?"

You drop down to his side
"Haven't you snapped out of that control yet? Let me help you." You are worried about him after all. Touching the magical sticker, you tear it off, looking down at it. Watching it melt into water and evaporate within subjective seconds.
"Pi-" you start to say, before Gohan slams into you groaning. You set him down gently and look over at Garlic Junior Himelf? How did you forget him...how did you not realize...
How is he so powerful!

"Oops, sorry about tha-" He begins before you launch yourself at him
"WOAH! Hey stop that Monkeyboy! What are you doing!" He asks in a panic, ducking your sudden attack. Settling into the Demon King stance, he deflects your blow. Cringing in pain at the slight contact deflecting caused
"Monkeyboy it's me, Garlic Junior!" He boasts, as he backs away from you
"I know who you are Garlic! And how dare you do that MY BROTHER!" You launch yourself at him in anger
"This is just like last time...is this going to happen every Gottex-damned time!"

Garlic Junior just beat the crap out of Gohan! How do you want to avenge him?
[ ] BUBBLE BEAM!
[ ] Dismemberment
[ ] Long and drawn out beating until every bones is broken
[ ] Write-In?
[X] Hallucination Revealed

Last edited:
I like Orange.
Though I did think that the update was an Omake at first, mainly because of how Meta it got, but whether it stands or rewrites, I thought it was a good time.
I also sort of like the whole, risk/power aspect of powering up through Delusion that underlies FSSJ, but whatever is settled on is likely fine too.

Edit: Ninja'd by Author so hard!
As to the update? This is also some great stuff. I like that by powering up to help we may actually be actively making Gohans cakewalk of a fight into a massive headache for him and everyone else involved.
Gossard is Always the center of attention, even when he really shouldn't.

As such:
[] BUBBLE BEAM!

If it is Gohan, he knows how to deal with it, and our aim can't be all that great right now either. If it's not him, then who cares?
EDIT2: changed vote

Last edited:
[X] Dismemberment

Fuck it whatever. I don't care if people don't like my opinion anymore and want to mark it as part of a 'vocal minority'. I'm just going to leave the thread alone until this event is over.

[X] He's stealing power. Your power. You aren't going to allow that. Yank the ki from his body, from his soul, and let it spill like entrails to the earth.

All the current options are In-Character. If you want a different outcome than the person you are fighting dead horrifically, please Write-In.

(What if: False Super Saiyan broke the 4th wall: 4th Wall What-If)

---

"Of c-course this is time." You hiccup, skin glowing lightly with completely tamed energy that is not trying to fly away from YOU AS YOU LACK THE-
You shake yourself, shifting down into the Turtle Form. You are Gossard briefs, and no lowly little Green Thing and his pet Reptile can get the better of you.
"Why wouldn't it b-be time. Just a stupid argh. little..." You trail off, your black eyes boring a hole in Garlic Junior. If your looks could kill, his soul would be halfway to Otherworld by now. With a mental note to learn that technique from Goha-Pain. An extended green arm slamming into you.
You roar out your Pride and your Denial, shooting from the ruined wall that was your resting place and you eye your attacker. A mind controlled Mister Piccolo, settling into an unknown stance. You can't remember seeing him use it before. No matter, he is STILL PICCOLO! You have exceeded his power months ago. With a wordless scream you launch yourself through the air, tapping a large amount of your dwindling immense and infinite Power you curl your fist back and attempt to cave your Mentor's chest in.
He grunts with pain, doubling over from the impact. A spray of alien blood from his mouth from your impact and you notice a wash of raw Ki energy flow off him and dissipate.

It seems he has the same issues yo. It seems he has issues holding his Ki as it drains into Garlic Junior. And you can take plenty of advantage of his weakening state.
You smirk, stepping back and settling into the defense Turtle style, then glance over at Gohan. You face twists into a sneer as you see the shining Golden Fighter playing with YOUR KILL. Slamming the small Makyan in a diamond shape using weak Masenko blasts to redirect him. Form dropping as you narrow your eyes at the display
"You know, this is how I train. Tearing apart a Masenko-Ha" the green man screams as the energy blast rips at him "and reforming it, as I slam it around. Really helps me understand how my Ki works, don't you think? Masenko-Ha! Studying is such an effective tool to teach things, like NOT ruining my lunch with attempted murder."
You should be doing that. You are the ELDEST. THE FIRSTBORN SON! THE LEGENDARY SAI-"
You stumble and sink to your knees, pain wracking your form. You don't understand. You don't...You look up at your mentor, who snarls back in a mindless beastial tone. The golden tower sigil on his brow pulses.
"Mister PiccolO! Snap out of it! SNap o-out..." You rise through force of will, wondering why bruises cover your form. It cannot be the pathetic weaklings surrounding you, they are Weaklings! A hundredfold increase of their abilities and they Might equal your base form. Your muscles tremble as you hold Your Energy Yours in.
"Snap out of it Mister Piccolo! Do it!" You yell, grabbing his fist "You are stronger than this! I am stronger than this!"
Your hand is wreathed in a golden aura as you look up, glaring balefully at the mark. Your hand is wreathed in crimson as Piccolo jumps back, clutching the mark like he is burned.
You grin in triumph, taking a step forward. And then lifted into the air, twitching, by your tail.
"..." your captor says but you do not hear him, boiling in rage, injured pride and DENIAL that this happened. A Weakling, a Green Pretender weakling is touching YOUR TAIL!
You can't hold it. Can't hold your energy, your entire body shakes and enough energy to glass a Planet (where did the rest go...no, no you ARE STRONGER THAN THIS) bursts from your body uncontrolled.
You fall into the crater, landing heavily. Pain. Pain from, from falling. Chunks of green flesh land around you as you tremble.

You Refuse.

You swish your tail from the reaching grasp of the Weakling and glare at him. Raising your hand to unleash an atomizing Ki Blast.
A spark forms in your hand, then sputters and dies.
"What...What happened." You comment, mostly to yourself, in sheer disbelief. A faint breeze begins upwards then stills as a wave of exhaustion rushes over you.
"NO!" You scream in denial. You are STRONG! You are the Strongest IN THE GALAXY! You are GOSSARD BRIEFS! THE LEGENDARY HALF-SAIYAN PRINCE!
And you Refuse this outcome.
The wind kicks back up suddenly as lightning crashes down. Once, twice, thrice. You Ascend into the air, feeling your FULL UNLIMITED POWER! Restore itself. You ignore the pitiful draining, you are Gossard and such things cannot harm you or diminish your Majesty.

"..." you hear, but the wind whisks the words away.
You have things to Make Right and Pretenders to viciously flay. A single thought and you Move, a shockwave forming from your motions as you appear behind the Weakling that grabbed you tail.
As you remove his major organs, you look up. And smirk.
A dozen Weaklings come to take you down. Greenmen, and a single pink-skinned girl. You delight in the slaughter. Dancing between them, each motion accompanied by a powerful Ki Blast
"COME AND GET SOME YOU PRETENDERS!" You roar in delight, laughing.
You blink and they have swapped appearance
Disembowling a pitiful human with a finger, you survey the battlefield, littered with the corpses of a hundred former enemies. Something seems wrong, but you ignore that, too delighted in the opportunity for combat.
You look down and see Gohan struggling with a weakling...one of Garlic's henchmen if you recognize him correctly.

"Gossard stop!" Your brother appears in front of you "YOU ARE MAKING HIM STRONGER! Now stop testing your powers and actually fight!"
You are confused...no, Gohan must be confused, perhaps some strange perception filter on the men?
You see one of Garlic's men on the ground, standing but trembling in pain as he clutches his brow, which is currently on fire. You grin and charge up a simple Ki blast.
You blink, and suddenly...
"Piccolo?"

You drop down to his side
"Haven't you snapped out of that control yet? Let me help you." You are worried about him after all. Touching the magical sticker, you tear it off, looking down at it. Watching it melt into water and evaporate within subjective seconds.
"Pi-" you start to say, before Gohan slams into you groaning. You set him down gently and look over at Garlic Junior Himelf? How did you forget him...how did you not realize...
How is he so powerful!

"Oops, sorry about tha-" He begins before you launch yourself at him
"WOAH! Hey stop that Monkeyboy! What are you doing!" He asks in a panic, ducking your sudden attack. Settling into the Demon King stance, he deflects your blow. Cringing in pain at the slight contact deflecting caused
"Monkeyboy it's me, Garlic Junior!" He boasts, as he backs away from you
"I know who you are Garlic! And how dare you do that MY BROTHER!" You launch yourself at him in anger
"This is just like last time...is this going to happen every Gottex-damned time!"

Garlic Junior just beat the crap out of Gohan! How do you want to avenge him?
[ ] BUBBLE BEAM!
[ ] Dismemberment
[ ] Long and drawn out beating until every bones is broken
[ ] Write-In?

What the hell. How did Gohan lose. He should be at least twice Garlic JR's power level :confused: The real scary thing that happened here is that Gohan didn't roll well and lost to Garlic :o On the bright side Gohan is about to get a nice zenkai boost.

Back