The Life of a Half-Saiyan (Thread1) (DBZ)

Alright Gossard, no more meta for you. Get back in your box!
[X] I Reject this outcome, I want a thrilling Fight Scene and I will GET ONE dammit!

I hope the other "insanity choices" are somewhat controlable, or at least able to differenciate between enemies and non-enemies. Otherwise, using Orange Saiyan could end up with an update giving us the following choices:
[] RAARGH!
[] GRAAAH!!!
[] KILL!!!!!!!
[] BURN EVERYTHING!!!
[] WRITE IN!!

I hope the other "insanity choices" are somewhat controlable, or at least able to differenciate between enemies and non-enemies. Otherwise, using Orange Saiyan could end up with an update giving us the following choices:
[Uhoh!]Let the Galaxy Burn!

Incidentally, I noticed we don't have FSS on the character sheet yet. Is the reset option also set to give us a new option besides using FSS?

Last edited:
[X] GOTTEX! Go check up on her
I'm not invested in the fight anymore. That 4th wall ruined it for me. I'll wait for the next one.

An interesting note on transformations in canon:

SSJ4 (Here it's basically Golden Great Ape 2) is specifically stated as a limit breaker. It's not a multiplier, it's like the Potential Unlocking used a few times in the series. By extension, it's functionally impossible to get stronger as a SSJ4, because it's the literal limit of what you can do... With Ki, and maybe your physique. The fun comes in when you think of it as 'This is the limit of my power.' External forces don't get included. Like, say... How Legendary works here... Or perhaps increasing your limits in some way. Increasing your Ki reserves doesn't work, because SSJ4 is specifically dragging you to the limit of that. Cell having an equivalent to it would be able to get stronger in it, because Cell can alter his genetics, and as such, the basis that the limit SSJ4 drags him to goes higher.

On the 'canon' version of Legendary Super Saiyan, the visuals and the latter two of the three Broly movies bring up the possibility that it's a sidegrade to Ultimate Super Saiyan, what this fic takes as mixing SSJ2 with SSJ3, due to treating the two as separate, but linked, transformations. The reason is that they bring up the idea that Broly's colors in his first movie was due to interactions with the restraints put on him. Conecting everything together, Legendary Super Saiyan might be something like SSJ2 Grade 3, the normally impractical buff form Trunks tried to use on Cell.

Just food for thought for the QM...

SS4 isn't a Limit in this, for 2 simple reasons
1. How do I make that a thing in the system that is not a disappointment? Especially since Gohan can do it right now by looking at the moon. (well after he masters the instincts of the Golden Ape)
2. It would be the exception with no adequately explained reason

It is considered kind of a limit break, because of (???) but it is still a Modifier onto their Base Form. Specifically X1,000 in this quest. It was also never considered the 'limit of my power' because of the Super Saiyan 4 Full Power mode, unless that is what you were talking about.
Oozaru 10 * Super Saiyan 50 = 500 Ogon Oozaru
500 Ogon * 2 Second form = 1,000 Super Saiyan Primate
Though it CAN be upgraded. By adding in the SS2 and SS3 forms into SSP
1,000 SSP * 2 SS2 * 4 SS3 = x8,000 over Base for Super Saiyan Primate 'Full Power'

@lordchaos99 Is it correct to assume as we master Orange we stop getting delusions? Cause a form that MAKES you crazy, its quite the downside.

You see through them, but they are still there.
Like in the case of hallucinations, they appear as a mirage Gossard can ignore...unless he gets caught up fighting for his life surrounded by enemies, and suddenly a new enemy pops up

[Uhoh!]Let the Galaxy Burn!
Incidentally, I noticed we don't have FSS on the character sheet yet. Is the reset option also set to give us a new option besides using FSS?

No, it's simply the event hasn't ended yet.
And the reset simply restarts the fight, getting another roll on the Insanity table and hopefully giving a better fight.

Yeah. I stand by what I said before. I don't care what kind of multiplier Orange gives us. After this fight, because we can't go back in time and vote for regular old sane and reliable Super Saiyan, I never want to use Orange again. It can rot and die in the damn corner because no one loves it.

So any form we use that incorporate Orange (like Orange/Green), we'd always be insane in some way?

Higher forms may have different things. For instance if you Master Mythical Saiyan you can actually pick the insanity and the Insanities are closer to just different mindset, with each guiding how Orange Reality-Warps
Though they do get one little thing added to the Insanity Table, every combined form of False Super Saiyan except the pure colour:
1. You do not get the Instinct change (both number and behaviour) (Reroll if unapllicable)

Because Insanity is relative. The insanity of Orange canceling out the insanity of the unbound

And FSS2 and FSS3 don't have Insanity, it's preset to (Lots of Optimism/Arrogance/Hope) and (Fear, paranoia, all of the fear)

Yeah. I stand by what I said before. I don't care what kind of multiplier Orange gives us. After this fight, because we can't go back in time and vote for regular old sane and reliable Super Saiyan, I never want to use Orange again. It can rot and die in the damn corner because no one loves it.

I'm sorry :(
I thought it was cool. I mean, I understand 4th wall break, probably a bad idea to put on the table, but they aren't all bad.

1. Non-Euclidean Geometry*
2. Paranoia
3. Hallucinations
4. Amnesia
5. Multiple Personalities
6. Hallucinations (Friends insulting him)
7. Phobia (Roll for what)
8. Mania (Roll for what)
9. Contentment
10. (Removed, Reroll if selected)

* Thought I'd give this one context.
Basically you Warp into existence non-euclidean geometry, understand it instinctively and are otherwise sane

Just make it so mastering FSS only makes us roll 1d2 for Non-Euclidean Geometry or Contentment and it should (hopefully) smooth things over. The other options are way too detrimental for something that gives a weaker boost than regular Super Saiyan, since it could cost us the fight if the power gap between us and the enemy is not too high.

I thought it was cool. I mean, I understand 4th wall break, probably a bad idea to put on the table, but they aren't all bad.

2. Paranoia
3. Hallucinations
4. Amnesia
8. Mania (Roll for what)
9. Contentment
It's not just the 4th-Wall Breaking. It's the fact that, by it's very nature as a transformation, it fucks with our mind worse then The Legend ever did. Which I had no freaking clue was a thing. I don't want Paranoid Gossard. I don't want Amnesiac Gossard. I don't want Multiple Personality Gossard. I don't want any Gossard on that list.

Hell I would take a permanent THE HIVEMINDED LEGENDARY BROSSARD before any of those options.

I want The Legend, The Super Gossard, not that mindfucked wreck that Gossard turns into. So yeah. I NEVER want to touch The Orange transformation again. I will quite happily let Gossard or Gohan or whoever die before voting for that option.

It's nothing personal, nothing against your ability as a QM, I just fucking loathe Orange more then I ever though I could loathe anything about such a normally fun quest.

Last edited:
Higher forms may have different things. For instance if you Master Mythical Saiyan you can actually pick the insanity and the Insanities are closer to just different mindset, with each guiding how Orange Reality-Warps
Though they do get one little thing added to the Insanity Table, every combined form of False Super Saiyan except the pure colour:
1. You do not get the Instinct change (both number and behaviour) (Reroll if unapllicable)

Because Insanity is relative. The insanity of Orange canceling out the insanity of the unbound

And FSS2 and FSS3 don't have Insanity, it's preset to (Lots of Optimism/Arrogance/Hope) and (Fear, paranoia, all of the fear)

2. Paranoia
3. Hallucinations
4. Amnesia
8. Mania (Roll for what)
9. Contentment

* Thought I'd give this one context.
Basically you Warp into existence non-euclidean geometry, understand it instinctively and are otherwise sane
I think the main issue is was how anticlimactic and crack it was If it was a good old stomp there would be no complaints but as it is it is some funny and the rest is a disappointing letdown of a fight. And what Nix warden said.

Last edited:
Oh, if we can pick, that's MUCH better. Especially if an option is no insanity.
Oh, that has higher grades too? Are they like the SS ones, in that they are modifiers ontop of the base form, that can also be applied to mixed forms? Cause if so, damn, our max multiplier just keeps going up. Without knowing what those multipliers are, we are currently at 1,600,000 (2 Cyan * 5 Green * 20 Orange * 1000 SS4 * 2 SS2 * 4 SS 3)
I'm pretty sure the main problem is that, even when mastered, we don't overcome the effects. All other things, you can get over the effect it has on your personality. We mastered the Hive-mind, you can get Super Saiyan to a point where you could comfortably live in that as your base, but then there's Orange where, no matter how good we get at it, we are still mind-whammied.

True I'm pretty sure most of us were not expecting that at all. Most of us think it would be just like FSS Goku in that movie, not something that would fit a gag manga (Dragon Ball) than the fun but mostly serious Quest (DBZ) we've been playing.

While I think people are over reacting a bit. I can see why people would be upset at Orange but...I'm not honestly too surprised because of what the first form deals with...it's also got a powerful ability in return for a shift in mind set of course.

Transformations aren't very nice on the mind the first time they are used, but even if we can't entirely remove the side effect we can minimize the effects with some time.

Oh, if we can pick, that's MUCH better. Especially if an option is no insanity.

Oh, that has higher grades too? Are they like the SS ones, in that they are modifiers ontop of the base form, that can also be applied to mixed forms? Cause if so, damn, our max multiplier just keeps going up. Without knowing what those multipliers are, we are currently at 1,600,000 (2 Cyan * 5 Green * 20 Orange * 1000 SS4 * 2 SS2 * 4 SS 3)

I'm pretty sure the main problem is that, even when mastered, we don't overcome the effects. All other things, you can get over the effect it has on your personality. We mastered the Hive-mind, you can get Super Saiyan to a point where you could comfortably live in that as your base, but then there's Orange where, no matter how good we get at it, we are still mind-whammied.

All the Saiyan forms have higher forms. Though I should point out the precedent set by Super Saiyan Primate (which is itself Golden Ape 2, and has a x2 mod to prove it)
You don't get the higher forms naturally in combo, you need to incorporate them into the combo form.

Hmm, your right that is an issue...Consider it changed

Can voting for the reset cause Gossard to get a worse roll. Will the reset also cause Gohan to reroll?

Not sure whats worse than this anti-climactic meta mess :(

Right, consider that last update retconned. I've unThreadmarked it, but in the update I'll have a link back to it for the curious.

While I think people are over reacting a bit. I can see why people would be upset at Orange but...I'm not honestly too surprised because of what the first form deals with...it's also got a powerful ability in return for a shift in mind set of course.

Transformations aren't very nice on the mind the first time they are used, but even if we can't entirely remove the side effect we can minimize the effects with some time.
I love reality warping through tripping balls as a concept just needs more self control is all.

All the Saiyan forms have higher forms. Though I should point out the precedent set by Super Saiyan Primate (which is itself Golden Ape 2, and has a x2 mod to prove it)
You don't get the higher forms naturally in combo, you need to incorporate them into the combo form.

Hmm, your right that is an issue...Consider it changed

Not sure whats worse than this anti-climactic meta mess :(

Right, consider that last update retconned. I've unThreadmarked it, but in the update I'll have a link back to it for the curious.
The update was funny and very good but for a serious update it was not what people wanted. I would not mind more meta shenanigans later. Cheer up man I like the idea for Orange you have done and wish to explore it further:D

We can not get rid of that mindset like we can every other transformation. We mastered The Legend. We can ignore SS's rage and grief. We can't fix The Orange though.

I don't want to power up against Cell and suddenly Gossard has no idea who he is or why he's fighting.

I don't want to be beating Buu and suddenly Gossard has another 5 personalities in his head.

I don't want to be sparing with Beerus and suddenly hallucinations.

That ruins the entire build up and hype of the fight. It breaks your SSD completely. It's why when I first read the update this morning I thought Chaos had posted a Crack Omake for us to enjoy while he worked on the real update.

Last edited:
We can not get ride of that mindset like we can every other transformation. We mastered The Legend. We can ignore SS's rage and grief. We can't fix The Orange though.

I don't want to power up against Cell and suddenly Gossard has no idea who he is or why he's fighting.

I don't want to be beating Buu and suddenly Gossard has another 5 personalities in his head.

That ruins the entire build up and hype of the fight. It breaks your SSD completely. It's why when I first read the update this morning I thought Chaos had posted a Crack Omake for us to enjoy while he worked on the real update.

You can now fix Orange.
And if you are using Base Orange in a fight against any of those people. You aren't powering up, you are holding back.

We can not get ride of that mindset like we can every other transformation. We mastered The Legend. We can ignore SS's rage and grief. We can't fix The Orange though.

All I can really say is that sometimes power goes to one's head. While 4th wall breaking was a surprise and not what I expected, I knew there would be side effects from a transformation that dealt with such an emotion such as delusion. Chaos did say it was also kinda close to SG, at least in abilities outside of pure power, we got the ability to recon in return...I just saw it as the trade off for such a ability, one that we could also lower as we mastered it.

Seems I'm among the minority in being ok with the side effects. Oh well

And if you are using Base Orange in a fight against any of those people. You aren't powering up, you are holding back.

Makes sense

Last edited:

Can we keep the non Euclidian Geometry sounds fun as hell to use against our enemies:ogles:

Back