The Life of a Half-Saiyan (Thread1) (DBZ)

Pretty pleased with the FSS myself, although I hope it isn't as meta in the future...meta is fun, but is best as a premise feature, not a sudden addition. Just too many people who dislike that kind if thing.

Anyway, going to vote for the redo. While I personally find aspects of this awesome, I would like to see a combat-showing for FSS, so that other players can find some awesomeness in it.

[X] I Reject this outcome, I want a thrilling Fight Scene and I will GET ONE dammit!

Vote Tally : The Life of a Half-Saiyan (DBZ) | Page 121 | Sufficient Velocity
##### NetTally 1.7.4

[10] GOTTEX! Go check up on her
[10] I Reject this outcome, I want a thrilling Fight Scene and I will GET ONE dammit!
[1] Go check on Mr. Piccolo. See if he's feeling okay.
[1] Pecking Order. Gohan needs to be shown your awesome new powers.
[1] Reject all the negative shit of our mistakes and Kami's. Reject Kami's death and the fact that rejecting that mean Piccolo aint super. Reject the loss of knowledge of martial arts due to king piccolo. Reject any damage due to wish energy. Reject the effects of Garlics Wish on everybody.

Total No. of Voters: 23

Gossard in his new transformation has 8 million PL; how is it possible to have a thrilling fight scene?

With the difference of power level it can't be considered a fight.

Can we not do the fourth wall stuff? Because it is seriously pulling me out of story. It probably is doing the same to others as well.
Oh please it was awesome.

I think yer overreacting.

It was enjoyable. Mixing things up every once in a while is good.
I'm just gonna wait for Gohan to try the great saiyaman thing in this quest and I think Gossards reaction should be suitably amazing.
We´d probably do the Overlord routine as his counterpart.
[X] GOTTEX! Go check up on her

An interesting note on transformations in canon:

SSJ4 (Here it's basically Golden Great Ape 2) is specifically stated as a limit breaker. It's not a multiplier, it's like the Potential Unlocking used a few times in the series. By extension, it's functionally impossible to get stronger as a SSJ4, because it's the literal limit of what you can do... With Ki, and maybe your physique. The fun comes in when you think of it as 'This is the limit of my power.' External forces don't get included. Like, say... How Legendary works here... Or perhaps increasing your limits in some way. Increasing your Ki reserves doesn't work, because SSJ4 is specifically dragging you to the limit of that. Cell having an equivalent to it would be able to get stronger in it, because Cell can alter his genetics, and as such, the basis that the limit SSJ4 drags him to goes higher.

On the 'canon' version of Legendary Super Saiyan, the visuals and the latter two of the three Broly movies bring up the possibility that it's a sidegrade to Ultimate Super Saiyan, what this fic takes as mixing SSJ2 with SSJ3, due to treating the two as separate, but linked, transformations. The reason is that they bring up the idea that Broly's colors in his first movie was due to interactions with the restraints put on him. Conecting everything together, Legendary Super Saiyan might be something like SSJ2 Grade 3, the normally impractical buff form Trunks tried to use on Cell.

Just food for thought for the QM...

Last edited:
People in positions of power are assumed to be competent.
Even if I have to make them.
??? is straped to a table. Bottles and beakers and random robot parts strewn around the room. QM walks up to him holding something.

???: No please anything, but that!
QM: You will be competent and I will make you.
???: I can be competent, I swear.
QM: I know you can be.
QM starts the machine and applies it to ???.

???:NOOOO!!

Gossard in his new transformation has 8 million PL; how is it possible to have a thrilling fight scene?
Gossard: "And now to make my wish." Maniacal laughter.
Gohan: "Not if I can stop you."
Garlic: " Not if we can stop you."
Spontaneous Garlic & Gohan V Gossard fight.

Last edited:
With all the passive goodies Green and Orange give, Cyan must really be something. I propose that the turn after next we spend an action trying to find out what it is.

Back