Not everything I work with will kill you.

*Actually stops to think about what chemicals are in the lab and what samples she has stored currently.*

Oh look, we use tap water to rinse the table before sterilization.

That won't kill you, if you don't breathe it or inject it...

I'm just going to shut up now.

Or consume too much. Water poisoning is a thing after all.

Or consume too much. Water poisoning is a thing after all.
I actually saw a case of that once, on our run up to sandbox deployment.
Sgt IwillFollowtheRules actually followed the ROE for the desert in training at Ft. Campbell.

He tried to drink one full canteen (1qt) every 15 minutes, when it was only about 60 degrees. At 110 degrees, you might sweat enough out to get away with that, at 60, nope.

First time I ever saw a human foam at the mouth.

I really wanted to do a blood test to see how far off everything was, but they wouldn't let me take blood while he had two IVs in him.

MicroSD cards? I've seen up to 128GB variants... don't these work on your phone? I'm using one of their 64GB ones at the moment.
I've got a 256GB in my old Moto E5 plus and another one in my Galaxy Tab A. My current phone (a Google Pixel 4 XL) does not have a slot (which I didn't realize until after I'd ordered it), but it does have 128GB of internal memory.
I had 16 gigs of fanfics stored on my phone, including TV to chapter 200, Hope comes to Brockton Bay, and Worm itself, as lifted in 2014.
I've only got 2.4GB, including TV up to date as of yesterday, a lot more of Ack's work than just Hope, and 880MB of just Harry Potter fics (but not Worm).

I have... 0 bytes of fanfics saved on my phone or tablet. On the other hand, the main USB stick I use has 4.6mb of various fanfictions I'm writing. That's just the ones I'm currently working on. I have another usb stick that holds 146mb of completed stories of mine. Whenever I actually finish a story (and upload the last chapter), I move the file/folder and any story notes file for that story to my "completed stories" USB stick. I have far too many WIP, and not enough Completed stories.

I've got about... 1100 fanfics saved, via the FFN Android app, and about 8MB of the stuff I've been working on. Before the microSD card I saved most of it on got wrecked (I had around 100MB of fanfic WIPs, snippets, prompts, and drafts there, along with 8GB of music I listen to when writing or encouraging my brain). Now all I have left is that 8MB (backed up now on a dedicated email inbox as individual email drafts, separate from my personal inbox), and about a third of my original track collection. Nothing saved locally on the microSD card on my phone except downloaded how-to video clips, or on my old BlackBerry (that I just use now as a music player).

EDIT:
Fixed a minor typo and restructured some thoughts.

Last edited:
At most in an omake I would guess. A non canon one. But it does sound like a fun one shot idea... (Both stupidly overpowered. One ready to use it ata hair trigger, the other not... (After that meeting either Brokton Bay is missing, or the world. Not sure which... :))
Umm, I'll need to go back and look, but I think they already met.

Yeah, Omake The Boom of Doom.

Last edited:
Umm, I'll need to go back and look, but I think they already met.

Yeah, Omake The Boom of Doom.
Oh well, I need to look at that... but I answered the comment of another user, and was not really interested in the answer, just theorizing. Maybe answer the one who asked the author if there will be a meet instead of the one who answered on a theoretical base the next time? :)

How in the everloving fuck did you get 16GB of fanfic? My ereader has (lemme check) almost fourteen thousand fanfics, profics, and published books on it, and even when including the coverart on those that have them and the ereader's OS, it's still got a full gig of its 8 gig storage free. Are you storing them all as pdfs that are actually stitched-together screenshots of the forum threads, or something?

How in the everloving fuck did you get 16GB of fanfic? My ereader has (lemme check) almost fourteen thousand fanfics, profics, and published books on it, and even when including the coverart on those that have them and the ereader's OS, it's still got a full gig of its 8 gig storage free. Are you storing them all as pdfs that are actually stitched-together screenshots of the forum threads, or something?
They're in a dozen formats, from epubs to mobi and some in txt. At some point, I just started copying the entire mass to each new sd card without even looking at it.

A lot of it seems to be from the time period when I had limited net access, and was just downloading everything that seemed remotely interesting to read when I was offline. There's a big chunk I downloaded when I was going to be overseas for 6 months, in a remote village without net access at all. I do have to say that going through it now, I am seriously appalled at some of the things I thought sounded cool back then.

Oh God, I may be growing up.

They're in a dozen formats, from epubs to mobi and some in txt. At some point, I just started copying the entire mass to each new sd card without even looking at it.

A lot of it seems to be from the time period when I had limited net access, and was just downloading everything that seemed remotely interesting to read when I was offline. There's a big chunk I downloaded when I was going to be overseas for 6 months, in a remote village without net access at all. I do have to say that going through it now, I am seriously appalled at some of the things I thought sounded cool back then.

Oh God, I may be growing up.
growing up...the bane of every person when we want to stay young.

Given the number of "live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse behind" type comments out there...

Then again, there are idiots like my brother, who's stated ambition is to die at the age of 97, shot by a 25 year old husband, in a jealous rage over his 18 year bride...

Last edited:
Back