Voting is open
could we drag the webway portal into the sun or close to its surface? to the distance that any ship would be damaged or destroyed if it left there. it is feasible?

Why would he nope out? We are cloning Deldar, and they are not psyker as long as I get my lore right. Deldars made themselves mute to the warp so no psykers and we would only get their biolocigal template not their tech and all it entails is just one more + for the starchild and maybe an in for the eldars as they see that they are not getting munched on by slanesh

Edit: + They are blanks slates as clones tbh and can probaly under the right guidance do some really good.
Because they are still Eldar and would take exception to *us* doing it. Same as how they won't like we know where their web way gate is. It might even prompt them to attack us.

could we drag the webway portal into the sun or close to its surface? to the distance that any ship would be damaged or destroyed if it left there. it is feasible?

Us messing with Eldar stuff is likely to prompt them to leave Lone Wave. A bad idea.

Why would he nope out? We are cloning Deldar, and they are not psyker as long as I get my lore right.

Lone Wave is that planet of Eldars that we met for all of one hour I think. Us touching or doing anything to Eldars dark or no or the artifacts is probably going to provoke a response should they find out. And given they out number us 6 times over that's not a fight I want to have.

Also the Eldars would probably be too arrogant to workshop a monkey god.

In a vacuum I'd agree that you're defiantly right that we can save DEldar clone lives and do good. It's just the Eldar wouldn't let us.

That was honestly one of my first thoughts but the problem there is that looking at that system, it doesn't seem to have a sun or planets. Aside from the stations I don't think there's anything in the system. Also the Eldar would be very angry.

Last edited:
So Deldars have cloning facilities, right? Could we, after we destroy them, nap them or even clone Eldar, and how does our faith influence Eldar? Do they still get shipped off after death to Slanesh if they believe in the starchild?
Even if the Clone Eldar wouldn't get their souls nommed by Slaanesh + Daemons before decanting (DEldar prevent that by technically being outside the Warp and Materium when being cloned), they would then have to live with the knowledge that 1.) They need to obsess over something to a literal mind-altering degree to prevent the already grasping hands of the Snussy from grabbing them, 2.) There being the real and possible chance that the Star Child just wouldn't fight for their soul against Slaanesh, and 3.) They need Soulstones to not get taken by the Snussy if the Star Child does not intervene, and you have no way to get them.

So cloning Eldar would be a horrific thing to do, as you are basically dooming them to an eternity of torture in 95% of all cases.
The Choir nope'd the DEldar ship to ashes.
The rest of the DEldar then destroyed the ship containing the Choir, which also cilled the Choir.
Minor correction: there was only one DEldar Ship present; the Burning Scale.
Maybe this is an opportunity to make first contact with the Eldar?
You already have, twice. They told you to fuck off the last time.

They did so with a trio of Basttleships.
You could fuck with that thing that way, yes.
That was honestly one of my first thoughts but the problem there is that looking at that system, it doesn't seem to have a sun or planets.
The maps only show stuff of interest. The sun isn't of interest, and is thus not shown.

Last edited:
Look, fucking with that webway gate is a good way to piss of ALL the Eldar factions, including the isolation one who arr very close to us who told us to leave them alone with three battleships.

Don't poke the fucking gate. Moving, damaging and probably even studying the gate counts a poking it. Poking the fucking gate will piss off every faction of Eldar.

Leave the gate the fuck alone, if we are that worried that DEldar pirates come through, set up defenses, but for the love of all that is holy, don't poke the gate unless you want extintion by way of the galaxies shitiest sadist gremlins, or the incredibly arrogant space necromantic refugees.

We can accomplish our strategic goals of NOT DIEING, by not poking the fucking gate.

Last edited:
So if we're not going to touch the gate should we try to contact Lone Wave and tell them about it? Not sure how much goodwill that'd get us with them (if any at all) but they could maybe take it from the DE and put it to better uses.

Also, my plan for next turn, pending major upsets/changes, would be something like.

[] Plan: Back on Track
-[] Medical Services IV
-[] New Fighters for a New Age (0/2)
-[][Military] Design A New Voidship Class - Light Cruiser

The two classes of ships that will be most affected by the situation are the Libra and the Crux. The Libra will go from 14 spent to 22 available DP, the Crux is budgeted at 8 and will have 17. But a Crux, however splendid, is but a single Frigate, and so if we are attacked we'll get more mileage out of one much better Light Cruiser as opposed to one much better Frigate. And the Fighters is because that makes a good follow-up, and the Medical Services is because I do wanna hit V.

Last edited:
So if we're not going to touch the gate should we try to contact Lone Wave and tell them about it? Not sure how much goodwill that'd get us with them (if any at all) but they could maybe take it from the DE and put it to better uses.

Dude, it's an acess point into another separate dimension that can be traveled through and has been mapped from the other side. Lone wave knows its here, this is not a discovery for them.

For them, this is the fucking primitive finding something they shouldn't. The fucking primitives they have sent a very clear message of Leave us alone.

The eldars annoyance is that We know it's their, they know perfectly well that it's their.
We won't earn any brownie points forbtelljng them that their FTL gate is here, because they know, they just share it with Deldar because dark Eldar are at least Eldar. Wich makes them better then fucking prinitjves

Could we study it and make our own website is the question I have to ask. I mean, emp already almost did it, so why not try again? But this time we are iconclast, so no corruption, funny story.

Could we study it and make our own website is the question I have to ask. I mean, emp already almost did it, so why not try again? But this time we are iconclast, so no corruption, funny story.

Hahaha hahaha. The webway gate was made by the old ones at the height of their reign. Partially recreating it was Emps capstone project after he basically conquered the fucking galaxy.

The pieces for the original superweapon thar bored out the webway itself are scattered like the world's most dangerous collectathon, and a piece of them was so strong that it is sitting at the center of a greater demon of the forge of souls current mobile Attack planet, created from the remains of lion El Johnsons homeworld.

We can barely even scratch the imperium weird tech, the thought of recreating the webway is so far outside of what we can do, you might as well ask your local RL ant colony to go get and then haul Pluto into earth's orbit because two moons are cool .

Last edited:
Helpful Guide to Touching Mysterious Eldar Artifacts:

0. DON'T.

1. If you still plan to, write down your testament first.
2. Don't even bother touching it before researching at very least the -[] Psytech Foundings (0/6) tech. Otherwise you'll be a monkey staring at a computer. This way you'll be a slightly more clever monkey instead.
3. Before you poke it, set up a defense perimeter, strong enough to wipe out a full Imperial fleet and at least one choir. Be ready to lose all of those forces.
4. DO. NOT. DAMAGE. THE. GATE.
5. If you do poke it, never speak to Eldar again, and if you do talk, DO NOT MENTION POKING THE GATE.

And, like, it'd be nice, sure... but if we ever get large enough that a Webway would have real practical use on more than a tactical scale there's all sorts of other solutions we could potentially use. The way we spread things out relatively evenly, with the SDF/VI/Food/etc stuff means that any cluster of planets can at least serve as a temporary speedbump to problems, such that a hypothetical "significant portion of the galaxy" Federation could presumably have reserves at regional chokepoints, etc, etc, like the Imperium but less callous, stupid, desperately interdependent and self-defeating.

Could that be reduced if we raise it to The Sun II or higher?
Mayhaps.
Yeah, since we own the system, @HeroCooky , is SDF shipbuidling/etc gonna be automatic?
As you own the system, there is an SDF being built there.
So if we're not going to touch the gate should we try to contact Lone Wave and tell them about it?
Why would you even contact them? As far as your peeps know, that's just a very weird Xeno Structure.
Could we study it and make our own website is the question I have to ask.
You have a grand total of [2] Psy-Tech machines lying around in your territory, and both are on your Andromedas. Those are barely categorized as Psy-Tech. You also do not even have a rudimentary understanding of what Psy-Tech even is.
Trying tp create your own Webway Gates is the equivalent of a literal monkey deciding to build a Birchworld.

My brother in the starchild

we have a "begin to understand psytech (not actually being able to build shit)" research to be done

We are orders of magnitude below whats needed to study much less replicate the webway

Tho i suppose in the future once we are high enough in psytech and industry...

So, regarding the gate, from the action given
[] [General] Investigate The Unknown Xeno Structure In End Of Line
There is a massive Xeno Structure that, though the system has been observed for centuries, has evaded observation and discovery until its coordinates had been revealed by collaborators within the Three Sisters. Who or what could possibly build this monumental structure, or for what purpose, is unknown, but apparently, the local Pirates used it to travel? Information regarding that is sketchy, especially as even the crews we have taken captive have been left mainly in the dark. The Lamenters are equally as confused, but are advising a "Let's not poke the unknown structure we know nothing about" stance.
(Gain: Information?)
we don't actually know that the eldar own the gate but can guess its probably eldar due to drukhari presence in the system

OOC it a webway gate own by the eldar but IC it just unknown Xeno structure.

I'm fine with leaving the gate alone if the eldar claim it theirs but if not ...

On one hand, poking unkown Xenotech is not a wise idea but on the other, a gate that transport human and xeno to and from other system is a massive security liability if we can't shut it down.

I wonder how good is Eldar's intel. Their rumour mill. Not ability, but willingness to listen in.

I wonder because from this it will depend how quickly they'll find out that their Webway Gate is just lying around in primitives territory.
I mean, I doubt they'll come in and kick us out. They didn't do that to pirates, after all.
But making them realize will at best have them keep a very close eye on this system (some stealth ship?), or have one of their fleets come in and very politely take half of the system... if they are feeling generous.

Animula Choragi - [Canon] New
Animula Choragi

][​

A pall of despair had fallen upon the Glimmering Federation.

Operation: Night Queen had been a success, The End of The Line belonged to the Federation, but the cost?

A Pyrrhic Victory. Fifteen ships, the entirety of Task Fleet Beta, a whole Choir and one too many lives.

The factors for this were numerous, but a few stood out. The unseen variable of the strange Xenos Structure, the fleet's unpreparedness from the monstrous "Drukhari", the admiral's mistake and simple personal error.

It was one too many.

Friends, Lovers, Mothers, Fathers, Siblings, Sons and Daughters, so many were gone. The numbers of the dead were still being counted. In every world, in the Repositories of The Found, new graves were ordered to be erected for the many bodies to come and new walls were built for names of those who could not be found. The Order of the Tombkeepers would find themselves flooded to the brim with requests for funeral directing, after the initial shock they would focus on fulfilling every single one with a grim determination.

Grief and anger are a potent mix and it was felt everywhere in the Federation, but none more so in the council chambers of every world. There were furious arguments, accusations of arrogance and condemnations for believing the entire operation would be quick and easy. There was not a single person on any council who hadn't lost someone they knew. The question they all wanted to know was where it all went so wrong. It took an emotional plea from Teeln, Prophet of the Star Child, to remind them that they were all mourning the loss of so many and called for a three-day recess so grief could be processed and tempers would cool, in the hopes they could figure out what to do next and move forward.

With the loss of so many, the future seemed bleak.

And then, there was a flicker of light in the darkness.

In The End of The Line, news began to spread of a rising actress with her very own stage troupe. She was once an imperial noble and theatre celebrity until she was kidnapped by a powerful pirate lord for ransom. When the ransom money did not come, she was kept as entertainment simply because of her good acting. During her time in captivity, she realized the Imperium did not care for the lives of its citizens or the good men and women who died to keep it alive. How she came to this realization, would be a secret she would keep to herself. After the pirate strongholds had fallen, she and her troupe were freed from their shackles. When she learnt how many lives it had taken for her freedom to be granted, she wept for all of them.

In a better world, in a fairer world, it should not have taken so many lives to give her and all her fellow prisoners her freedom.

Though she was meek, she swore that their loss would not be in vain.

Her name was Furina de Fontaine of the House Fontaine and as a former superstar, she would bring hope to the Glimmering Federation.

][​

Last edited:
460.M42 - The Closing Dawn New
With the closing dawn of another decade comes the closing dawn of multiple initiatives created and pushed by the various forces and factions within the Glimmering Federation.

For the Lamenters, this means that their efforts to sanctify and cleanse the Chaos ships come to an end, with the Resurgence-Class Torpedo Hunter and Bloody Dawn-Class Light Cruiser emerging from the bowels of the Candle Station Shipyards freshly anointed and blessed alongside the Idolators and Infidels, even if their names have been altered.

For the Kil'drabi, the decade brings the end of a century-long construction phase with them, a Proof of our New Path Battlecolony entering service to the Federation in the same wake as eight Words of the Writ-Class Frigates join their larger cousins in the void, intent on keeping them safe from future damage.

For the Yeeni, it means a visit by Teeln, Prophet of the Star Child, with several sermons given within the new temples constructed on Gnaril and Ground.

For the researchers of the Federation, it comes at the end of several massive funds and two directions, with one half directed at improving the mechanisms of how their void ships are constructed, while the other points at the recovered fragments and broken scrap of the Drukhari Fighters.

And for the navy, it comes at the end of eight more Aries-Secundi entering service.

You Have 3 [Three] Actions.
(6-Hour Moratorium)
[] [General] Develop The Federations'...
-[] Food Production V
-[] Civilian Infrastructure VI
-[] Heavy Industry VI
-[] Void Industry XI
-[] Medical Services IV
-[] Military Industry V

(Gain: A boost in production focusing on the chosen option.)

[] [General] Colonize (Planet)
It is time to bring another world into the fold. Thanks to the Kil'drabi becoming our Kin, we can now categorize Frozen, Ash, and Volcanic Worlds as Habitable instead.
(Gain: A colonized World.
Habitable Worlds: Ultima Sigritta - Sira (Mesa and Savannah), Silista - Silista X (Temperate Continent), Itani - Grubbub (Ash and Frozen), Gnatiila - Smug (Volcanic and Ash)
Hostile Worlds (-1 Void Industry): N/A
Deathworlds (-1 to All): N/A)

[] [General] Research:
01001101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000010 01101001 01101110 01101000 01100001 01110010 01101001 01100011 00100000 01010011 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100001
-[] Sanctified Chaos Investigations
(Gain: ???)
-[] Directional Ion Shields
(Gain: Directional Ion Shield Emitters for your whole Military.)
-[] Novel Infantry-Grade Weapons Development
(Gain: Infantry Weapons Upgrades.)
-[] Experimental Infantry-Grade Weapons Development (0/2)
(Gain: New Infantry Weapons.)
-[] Logistical Infantry-Grade Weapons Development (0/4)
(Gain: Cheaper Infantry Weapons.)
-[] Novel Infantry-Grade Armor Development
(Gain: Infantry Armor Upgrades.)
-[] Experimental Infantry-Grade Armor Development (0/2)
(Gain: New Infantry Armor.)
-[] Logicstical Infantry-Grade Armor Development (0/4)
(Gain: Cheaper Infantry Armor.)
-[] Automechanical Augmentations
(Gain: Mechanized Unit Upgrades.)
-[] Karnivore Weapon And Equipment Loadouts
(Gain: Improve and add to the weapons of your Karnivores.)
-[] Anti-Ork Ecology Cleansing Methods (0/2)
(Gain: Reduces time to conquer Ork Worlds.)
-[] New Fighters for a New Age
(Gain: New Fighters.)
-[] New Bombers for a New Age
(Gain: New Bombers.)
-[] Ship Equipment Standartization - [1 DP Equipment] (0/4)
(Gain: Standardize 1 [One] 1 DP Ship Equipment across all new Designs.)
-[] Shipyard Automatization (0/3)
(Gain: 1 Destroyer every Turn.)
-[] Academic Initiatives (0/4)
(Gain: +0.1 Research per Action Spent.)
-[] Psytech Foundings (0/6)
(Gain: Rudimentary Understanding of Psytech. Not the ability to create it.)

Hereteks Refuge - Reduce Research Cost by 20%, Rounded Up. +0.2 Research per Action Spent. (0.0 Research Banked)

[] [General] Investigate The Unknown Xeno Structure In End Of Line
There is a massive Xeno Structure that, though the system has been observed for centuries, has evaded observation and discovery until its coordinates had been revealed by collaborators within the Three Sisters. Who or what could possibly build this monumental structure, or for what purpose, is unknown, but apparently, the local Pirates used it to travel? Information regarding that is sketchy, especially as even the crews we have taken captive have been left mainly in the dark. The Lamenters are equally as confused, but are advising a "Let's not poke the unknown structure we know nothing about" stance.
(Gain: Information?)

[] [Military] Create A [Blazing Sun - War-Pack] or SAG - [System] - [Weight: Light/Medium/Heavy] - [Type: Infantry/Mechanized/Tanks] - [Classification: Sabotage/Assault/Engineering/Demolition/Ogryn/Kil'drabi]
Sabotage Units will focus on raiding and disrupting the enemy with lighting raids and plundering logistics; Assault Units will punch through the enemy in weak points and sow confusion with overwhelming firepower; Engineering Units will focus on creating fortifications and using turrets, mines, and barricades; Demolition Units will be comprised out of heavy weaponry squads with plenty of explosives, from mines to rockets; and Ogryn Units will be Ogryns armored in heavy metals and armed with shields and Beatin' Sticks led by men and women with spiffy hats that will not be disobeyed. Kil'drabi Units can go into temperature enviroments Humans would require special equipment with ease. Infantry Units consist mainly of boots on the ground, while Mechanized Units are equipped with vehicles that increase mobility and durability at the cost of logistics and all-terrain capability, with Tanks allowing a myriad of armored spearheads or operations to proceed. Light Units are better for Low-Logistic scenarios, while Medium Units rely more on regular shipments yet strike a good balance between supply consumption and effectiveness, with Heavy Units reliant on solid logistics to continue working while also offering an equal force-concentration in return. A War-Pack consists out of 15 Karnivores grouped in Packs of 3 Knights each, alongside the infrastructure/logistics to support and rebuild their Knights.
(Gain: A SAG. These contain [Four Units] chosen from the above choices. Tanks require no Classification.)

[] [Military] [Construct/Refit] A Warp Ship - [Choose a Design]
Ships are produced at these rates: Twelve Scouts, Eight Destroyers, Four Frigates, and Two Light Cruiser per decade. One Heavy Cruiser per Two Decades.
(Gain: Chosen Ships.)

[][Military] Design A New Voidship Class - [Available: Destroyer, Frigate, Light Cruiser, Heavy Cruiser (0/2)]
From what we can tell, thanks to our history, what information we have available, and what the Kil'drabi, Yeeni, and the archives of our planets tell us, the difference between a prosperous interstellar polity and one naught but ash is the strength of their navy. At the moment, we have the beginning of a nascent Void Fleet, yet purely defending against our enemies is a great way to get ground down into dust over time; we need to be able to bring the fight to them.
(Gain: A newly designed and built Ship Class.)

[] [Military] Begin Military Operations (Assign SAG/s) (Choose Location/s) (Designate Objective/s)
-[] 3x Free Celestial Choirs
-[] Task Fleet Alpha (20/20 Ship Capacity)
(2x Andromeda-Class Command Ship, 3x Proof of Our New Path Battlecolony (Light-Medium Damage), 2x Libra-Secundus Light Carrier, 4x Crux-Class Missile Frigates, 5x Aries-Secundus Class Corvette, 8x Words of the Writ-Class Frigate, 2x Taurus-Class Troopship (0/2 SAG Capacity))
-[] Task Fleet Beta
(6x Aries-Secundus Class Corvette)

-[] Scout Fleet Alpha
(4x Circinus-Class Scout Sloop)
-[-] Lamenters Chapter Fleet
(2x Risen Dirge-Class Boarding Ship (Troopship), 3x Lantern Bearer-Class Commandeering Ship (Void Boarding),
3x Infidels, 1x Idolator, 1x Resurgence-Class Torpedo Hunter, and 1x Bloody Dawn-Class Light Cruiser)
There is war to be had and battle to be made. Send troops to resolve issues and squash opposition to the Star Child and Humanity and all Their Protectorates. Or send ships to scout neighboring systems to understand what is happening there.
(Gain: Military dispatched to put down opposition violently. Scouts are dispatched to look at other systems.
Scouting Range: ~10 Systems from Claimed Systems. Scouting Efficiency: 75% Adjacent Systems, 40% Three+ Systems, 10% Five+ Systems.
Note: For use outside your territory or in support of forces specified within another Action.)

[] [Psykana] Conduct a Melody (Choose one below.) (0.6/1 - Auto Complete)
The Celestial Choir has been given the means; with time, they shall conduct their songs. They will listen to the Warp and filter out the false whispers from the slumbering guidance of the Star Child. In halting prayer and stumbling humming, the truth will be stripped until nothing but it remains in the hands of those who shall make it anew into power to be wielded by the Choirs to come.
(Uncovered: Technology.
Secret: Slumber, Silence, Perception, and Grounding.
Star Child: Hope, Compassion, Humanity II, Song III, Mercy, Creativity III, Health, Unity II, Innovation, Machinery, Logic II, Progress II, Protection II, Justice, Wisdom, The Sun II, The Home II, Death, Ruthlessness, Brutality, and Fire II.
Kil'drabi: Paths, The Void, Struggle, Community, and Family.
Gain: A Melody newly Conducted.)

[] [Psykana] Sing a Song (Choose at least Three below.)
Mere Melodies are not the end of the journey, nor should they be the start. They are the middle, from which all things shall grow and wither.
(Available: Protection I, Fire I, The Sun I, Humanity I, Creativity II, Song II, The Home I, Logic I, Unity I, and Progress I.
Gain: A Song.
Sung: Dirge for the Innocent, Bound To The Stars, A Web Of Song.)

[] [Faith] Cathedrals of the Star Child
Sing the Hymns, Toll the Bells, allow the masses to fill hallowed halls and raise their voices in harmonious prayer to the Five-One and One-Five, so that they can elevate themselves through pious prayer and quiet fervor! Let the teeming masses yearn for grand places of worship no longer, but let them be awed by the labors of their hands and the works of their minds.
(Gain: Build one (or several) Cathedrals to the Star Child on every world, bringing the glory and splendor of their presence to billions. Also includes figuring out how they are to look like.)

[] [Faith] Psykana Of The Outside And Unknown
Though we use the Celestial Choirs to bind and tame the powers of the Warp to minimize the risks and dangers inherent in the use of the Psykana, it is folly to believe that we are the only ones who have uncovered ways to utilize the Warp amongst the galaxy, or that there is nothing to be learned from Outsiders. Likewise, though there has been currently only one example, we must also consider what to do with the Psykers of Outsiders to the Federation and how we should go about ensuring that those individuals within our Protectorates or Kin are given over or sent to us instead of being utilized in horrific, immoral, or dangerous ways if they aren't outright killed as was the fate of all Kil'drabi Psykers before they began to send them to us to be taught control or executed should they fail and become a risk to themselves and others without sending their souls to the Great Enemy.
(Gain: Nail down the Outsider Psyker and Psykana Use-doctrine aspects of the Cult of the Star Child.)

[] [Chapter] Recoup the Losses (0/2)
Once again, unto the fields of training.
(Gain: The Lamenters fill out to half strength.)

[] [Other] Take Care Of [Future Or Current Problems]
(Write-In the problem being addressed.)

Progress Progresses.

Let me do a peek at the stratmap and figure out if we have a bit more time to catch our breath.

As expected, the Deldar Research gave us a 1 AP discount on both of the strike craft projects, which is fantastic.

EDIT: Quintura is still lightly protected, large force in Gathin, but not larger than we can handle. We've got a bit of time. New Kil'drabi Frigate is a chonky skirmish boat too, using plasma macros, excellent acceleration, and just being Robust as Hell to apply DPS from a distance and scoot away from any real dangers.

Found a Problem with repurposing Chaos hulls too--apparently it comes with a fundamental Detriment. Presumably it makes them more vulnerable to being Corrupted again?

MERGED EDIT:

[ ] Plan: Catch our Breath
-[] [General] Develop The Federations'...
--[ ] Medical Services IV

-[ ] [Military] [Construct] A Warp Ship
--[ ] 1x Andromeda, 1x Libra-S
-[ ] [General] Research
--[] Sanctified Chaos Investigations

This continues our recovery, fielding another Andromeda and a Libra-S to get us pretty close to pre-disaster battle strength. We get the Sanctified Chaos Investigation out of the way too, and we're primed to start rolling out the Third Generation next turn. Which'll also coincide with getting Medical Services to the Milestone. I think we can do one Third Generation design and push a Research Project forward per turn for the next little bit after this.

Last edited:
-[] Academic Initiatives (0/4)
(Gain: +0.1 Research per Action Spent.)
This looks nice but it takes 32 research actions before we break even

Voting is open
Back