Shards of a Broken Sun [Megaten/Shugo Chara/Exalted]

Not really, no, though they're in different places. Yui is stuck in the CU, the other Scavengers are captured by Manticore.
That might not be an issue depending on the approach.

I remember there being mention of a big cognitive fog-filled steampunk city in the Dreamlands location that Ami ended up in when trying to reach Amu - my first thought was actually that it might be the cognitive world location of a Manticore facility, though I have no idea of that's actually the case.

Likewise, my immediate idea on retrieving the Scavengers was to try and tunnel into whatever building they're being held in via the Dreamlands, Persona 5 Metaverse-style using Yui's Dreamwalking capabilities. Retrieving Small Yui would be the first step in that plan. The next would be to pinpoint the location, which honestly would probably take most of the arc since Manticore have demons, meaning not even precog can help with it.

I figure that might end up having to be done Persona-style, using a navigator like Rise or Ami (or possibly our monthly Dia) to track them through the cognitive world based on Kana's connection with them and stuff they left behind (I suppose alternatively, it could also be done Akechi-style by finding and interrogating Shadows of Manticore agents who might know where they are).

I figure that might end up having to be done Persona-style, using a navigator like Rise or Ami (or possibly our monthly Dia) to track them through the cognitive world based on Kana's connection with them and stuff they left behind (I suppose alternatively, it could also be done Akechi-style by finding and interrogating Shadows of Manticore agents who might know where they are).
Both of those would be viable, in principle. Sure.

So, to clarify, does "the arc" cover the entire 2-month span before the next Big Thing, or is it just what we're doing next?
It's The Thing You're Doing Next.

Some of them would take two months. Probably a majority, TBH, but not all of them. Yui, for instance, would be faster... in terms of calendar time, not real world time.

(Yui-chan is time-sensitive, and can't be put off, but you don't need to be the ones to do it.)

It's The Thing You're Doing Next.

Some of them would take two months. Probably a majority, TBH, but not all of them. Yui, for instance, would be faster... in terms of calendar time, not real world time.

(Yui-chan is time-sensitive, and can't be put off, but you don't need to be the ones to do it.)
Huh. We're making a bigger time commitment than I expected.

Could you give us some idea of how long Nagihiko's thing would take, or... any sort of clue about it, beyond complexity/severity/impact ratings and "involves Nagihiko somehow"? I'm not seeing much chance it gets picked, unless it's quick. It's a total unknown, that would require a high degree of thought to handle, but has very little plot significance and won't go badly if we ignore it. It doesn't seem likely that people are going to look at that and decide to spend 2 months on it.

Last edited:
- [Plot?] Ami's friend Micchan got herself in a spot of trouble, and... just what is Ami's friend group like? Come to think of it, you never had that ethics talk.
(Complexity: Medium. Severity: Low. Impact: Low. Actor: Amu, Utau and/or Midori.)
(Yes, what are they like? Who's even in there? Don't listen too much to Nero. It's not wholly perfection, but the severity rating is meaningful.)
Don't listen to Baughn, he considers the death of free will and personality death of the non-psionics low severity :p

[X] [Plot] Nagihiko is up to something, and Amu would like to know what. Or maybe just to visit him and relax.
- Our battle buddy might need help. And Nagihiko is good people.
[X] [Plot] Io wants to take you stargazing.
- Extreme and different actor, so shouldn't be expensive on time while being important.
[X] [Plot] Ami's friend Micchan got herself in a spot of trouble, and... just what is Ami's friend group like? Come to think of it, you never had that ethics talk.
- The walking tyke bombs need to be dealt with before they effectively kill more kids with their blatant invasions of freewill and UMI :V.

[X] [SoL] Amu sort of misses her chats with Tsukasa, thinks he probably has advice, and also Midori found a message from him on her phone just as Amu was thinking that.
- Precog failure needs to be known IC.
[X] [SoL?] Saaya woke up!
- For obvious reasons, considering my current project :p
[X] [SoL] Ami woke up with grafitti all over her face, then spent the day talking to herself and squinting at the mirror. She seems amused more than anything. Amu would protest, but Ran did the same thing at least once.
- We do need to have that ethics talk, and this could build into that.

Could you give us some idea of how long Nagihiko's thing would take, or... any sort of clue about it, beyond complexity/severity/impact ratings and "involves Nagihiko somehow"? I'm not seeing much chance it gets picked, unless it's quick. It's a total unknown, that would require a high degree of thought to handle, but has very little plot significance and won't go badly if we ignore it. It doesn't seem likely that people are going to look at that and decide to spend 2 months on it.
Nagihiko's thing is a follow-up to his (her?) canon plot arc, and would get you an 'in' on the low-level supernaturals in the region of Japan. Without spoiling too much, Nagihiko has found an unexpected option.

[X] [SoL] Miki is having trouble with, ugh, biology.
[X] [SoL] Ami woke up with grafitti all over her face, then spent the day talking to herself and squinting at the mirror. She seems amused more than anything. Amu would protest, but Ran did the same thing at least once.
[X] [Plot] Nagihiko is up to something, and Amu would like to know what. Or maybe just to visit him and relax.
[X] [Plot] School is back on, and school is trivially easy somehow, but Makoto intends to make it complicated. The local student council knows nothing, so she wants to make her own.
[X] [Plot?] Ami's friend Micchan got herself in a spot of trouble, and... just what is Ami's friend group like? Come to think of it, you never had that ethics talk.

Would the "interview" vote cover "take a look at Nanako", or would we want a separate write-in for that?

[X] [SoL] Shirogane asked for an interview.
-[X] Take a look at Nanako while we're at it. Bring Ami.

[X] [Plot] School is back on, and school is trivially easy somehow, but Makoto intends to make it complicated. The local student council knows nothing, so she wants to make her own.
[X] [Plot?] Ami's friend Micchan got herself in a spot of trouble, and... just what is Ami's friend group like? Come to think of it, you never had that ethics talk.

-[X] Take a look at Nanako while we're at it. Bring Ami.

[x] [Plot] Ami's friend Micchan got herself in a spot of trouble, and... just what is Ami's friend group like? Come to think of it, you never had that ethics talk.

[x] [SoL?] Saaya woke up!
[x] [SoL] Miki is having trouble with, ugh, biology.
[x] [SoL] Shirogane asked for an interview.
-[x] Take a look at Nanako while we're at it. Bring Ami.
[x] [SoL] Ami woke up with grafitti all over her face, then spent the day talking to herself and squinting at the mirror. She seems amused more than anything. Amu would protest, but Ran did the same thing at least once.

Last edited:
(Complexity: Medium. Severity: Negligible. Impact: High. Actor: Amu.)

[X] [SoL] Amu sort of misses her chats with Tsukasa, thinks he probably has advice, and also Midori found a message from him on her phone just as Amu was thinking that.
(Complexity: High. Severity: Low. Impact: Medium. Actor: Amu and Midori.)

(Complexity: High. Severity: Medium. Impact: High. Actor: Amu.)

[X] [Plot] The Scavengers also need rescuing.
(Complexity: High. Severity: High. Impact: Low. Actor: ?)
-[X] Track them down through the Dreamlands with help from little Yui, Marie, Rise and whoever else Naoto can rustle up to help search. Maybe Utau with Lightsmithing too. From the Dreamlands, tunnel directly into wherever they are being held with Dreamwalking abilities, pull them out and be gone before Manticore can blink.

My immediate preference is for the Makoto plotline. Not only because of the Impact and Severity scores, but because Amu is the only possible Actor for this scenario - there is no alternate person like Naoto or Kana there to handle it in her place. Even Ami has Hikaru and the other Seiyo Guardians (like whoever Yukari is) to keep her head on straight at school if her immediate friend group turns out to be toxic.

With Makoto? If Amu doesn't get involved, there's nobody else to stop bad things from happening, it'll go pear-shaped unless the event gets "postponed" and I don't get the impression this is one of the ones that are likely to be postponed. School is happening throughout the training period and Makoto will do what she wants with or without Amu's help. The Exaltation-prereq events are more likely to be postponed than this, simply because Exaltation needs to happen at some point, so whatever is needed in advance will eventually have to happen even if we don't pick it now. So I'd rather wait before unlocking worse post-Exaltation threats if possible.

Meanwhile, I get the impression that the reason rescuing the Scavengers is high Severity but low Impact, is because the Scavengers themselves aren't integral to the "metaplot" but bad things would happen to them if left in Manticore's custody for too long. So it would be a coin-flip whether Naoto would be able to reach them on her own before they ended up boiled in the hot water.

It's secondary to the Makoto event for me, because there is still the possibility that Naoto and her group could rescue them in time on their own, unlike with the Makoto event.

-[X] Track them down through the Dreamlands with help from little Yui, Marie, Rise and whoever else Naoto can rustle up to help search. Maybe Utau with Lightsmithing too. From the Dreamlands, tunnel directly into wherever they are being held with Dreamwalking abilities, pull them out and be gone before Manticore can blink.
This is one of the possibilities I'd like to bring up in-story, but it's not the next thing I'd want to commit to actually doing. We need to take stock of our resources and opposition before committing to any serious action against Manticore.

We don't even know if anyone on our side even can dream-yoink people with their current capabilities. Maybe Marie could do it, but I think anyone else would need a lot more practice first.

We don't even know if anyone on our side even can dream-yoink people with their current capabilities. Maybe Marie could do it, but I think anyone else would need a lot more practice first.
In the worst case, Dia probably can. She yoinked Tadase into the Road of Stars to join Amu at the end of the series.

I do agree about it being a bit early to try and take the fight to Manticore though - my first preference is for the Makoto event. The only reason I have a vote for it too is that out of all the Plot-tagged options, those two are ones where I'm getting the feeling the outcome would be particularly bad if left alone.

Lulu evidently has Honkai-Impact-expies to help her with whatever her problems are, plus asking Hotsuin, whose event would be done by Lulu herself anyway. Meanwhile, both the Nagihiko and Micchan events are tagged for low Severity and Impact and while Nagihiko doesn't ostensibly have anyone else to help, it also doesn't appear to be anything that would count as "trouble". And as demonstrated in the latest interlude, Misaki and Ami have a precognitive headmaster ontop of the Seiyo Guardians to intervene in any school problems.

And as demonstrated in the latest interlude, Misaki and Ami have a precognitive headmaster ontop of the Seiyo Guardians to intervene in any school problems.
We should be keeping in mind that precog is not reliable at present. Especially with multiple demon incursions a week, as per the Lulu interulde.
It definitely helps, but his precog didn't save the kids who died in the last Seiyo incident.

EDIT: Especially if Exaltation is going to be occuring within the time scale precog would be insuring.

Last edited:
-[X] Take a look at Nanako while we're at it. Bring Ami. Also, if we're letting the Sister-Complex Kingpin of Steel save Yui we should probably mention we have Yui bits.

Different priority order, and the next time we get an interlude vote I have what ought to be a pretty ok write in. The Death Omen Star is shining on you! Alcor probably still exists, given that he's the source of the knowledge JPs uses IIRC.

Last edited:
Part of the reason is that not everything that will happen is voteable. Another part is for training to resolve. But to mention just one thing-

If something goes wrong, if Ami is in trouble, you let me know. I don't care how small the problem is. You call me, okay? No more excuses."
She avoided telling Lulu much about Kana; in Amu's retelling she was a random girl whom Amu had run into less than a week before, then hit it off with.
Lulu's personal arc is a voting option, but I don't think it would be very fair to have this conversation happen offscreen.

Not voting for this one mostly means it's minimised. It can't really get removed.

Last edited:
Looks like the Micchan/Ami plot (well, "Plot?") vote is in the lead. That doesn't sound like a 2-month thing, but maybe it will be.

- [SoL?] Saaya woke up!
(Complexity: Medium. Severity: Negligible. Impact: High. Actor: Amu.)
(This is asking whether or not you want to focus on her. She's waking up regardless.)

- [SoL] Kana is feeling down, and Amu wants to visit.
(Complexity: Low. Severity: Medium. Impact: Low. Actor: Amu.)
(Not solving any of Kana's problems here.)

- [SoL] Shirogane asked for an interview.
(Complexity: Medium. Severity: None. Impact: Medium. Actor: Amu and/or Utau.)
(Could be informative, but that's not what it's for.)

- [SoL] Miki is having trouble with, ugh, biology.
(Complexity: Low. Severity: None. Impact: Low. Actor: Amu and/or Su and/or Ran.)
(Poor Miki.)

- [SoL] Ami woke up with grafitti all over her face, then spent the day talking to herself and squinting at the mirror. She seems amused more than anything. Amu would protest, but Ran did the same thing at least once.
(Complexity: Medium. Severity: Low. Impact: Low. Actor: Amu, Tsumugu and/or Midori.)
(You now know who might have drawn that.)

I want all of these. For now, I'd like to delay things that can be, but the first one can't, and the others are low impact.

I then would want one of the Plot conversations with 1. Kana and JPs, 2. Nagahiko, or 3. Lulu; but with one Plot point being the primary focus...

- [Plot] The Scavengers also need rescuing.
(Complexity: High. Severity: High. Impact: Low. Actor: ?)
(Write-in general approach; several ways could work. This is where to go if you want to directly attack Manticore.)

I want to Directly Attack Manticore. This is the only one of the things passively making the world worse until we deal with it that we can likely deal with in one arc.
You posted before the moratorium finished, so you're going to need to vote again if you want your vote to be counted. You'll also need to adjust your vote formatting. "[X] [SoL]" or "[X] [Plot]" instead of "- [SoL]" and "- [Plot]".

Ami is supposedly already working on Dreamwalking 3:
Every skill (and ability / attribute) scales up exponentially, of course. Ami is working on that third dot, and- well, if you call her here then... it won't be immediate, but she's definitely getting it. I think I mentioned this before: Mind-control is something Ami is talented at, but Dreamwalking is something she wants. A whole lot.
I wonder if that has any mechanical effect. We probably want Dreamwalking 3, either way.

Last edited:
Mechanically, Ami is going to have an easier time when she needs to banish Elizabeth to the Moon kingdom after Liz learns about the Scary Door. :V

Once Ami gets in contact with Velvet room attendants Liz is going to hear about it at some point and that's fairly well guaranteed now. Whether or not it interrupts other ongoing plots probably depends on what we're busy doing. Elizabeth is canonically super srs bsns about this.

Also a (non?) Amala network type deal where we get fast travel sounds like it wants some way to go places that isn't walking. Even if it ends up being more of a source of goho-m, that'd probably help once we get to rescuing people from dangerous locations.

Last edited:
I meant whether Ami already working on it has any mechanical effect, like putting the training progress at 50% or something instead of 0%. I should've been clearer about the pronoun antecedents there. Dreamwalking 3 itself definitely has effects.

I meant whether Ami already working on it has any mechanical effect, like putting the training progress at 50% or something instead of 0%. I should've been clearer about the pronoun antecedents there. Dreamwalking 3 itself definitely has effects.
Partial dots will never have any mechanical effects on dice rolls. It would complicate the math, and I realise I'm saying this as someone who wrote a several hundred line linear solver for training time, but I have to draw the line somewhere. This is somewhere.

If you mean in terms of fluff; sure. The dot ratings are descriptive, not normative. Ami is trying to get better, which will of course have story consequences. Though the noise in terms of fluff sits at around a full dot anyhow.
Mechanically, Ami is going to have an easier time when she needs to banish Elizabeth to the Moon kingdom after Liz learns about the Scary Door. :V
Now there's a mental image.

Back