Post-Mortem Activities (Undead!Taylor, Slight Crack)

Sorry dude, the opportunity for puns has already passed on. Humerus or not, let's kill that derail before we raise what we can't put down, yeah?
You're right. I never had a ghost of a chance with the timing involved. The ribbing should wait until after the next update.
I'd like to think I made a spirited effort, though, and I suppose the break will give us all time to bone up on our word-play.

Last edited:
I don't know I think it might want to keep going till it takes it the grave. Well at lease it isn't puns about tea, or else we would be boned.

Since there are other than human dead, I want to see a dead squirrel find her hole and start wandering around, just doing squirrel things, or perhaps a beloved pet returns to it's family.
It's got to be a familiar one. Like the Mayor's pet dog that was killed in the big fight last month. You know, the one with the distinctive look? Those spot patterns, the kinked ear, distinctive socks pattern in the fur of the feet? And for that last little bit of evidence, the extra toe on the left hind foot.

Now, how do you keep this from being a remake of the dead cat that starts the zombie episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer? That's the question. ;) Nobody wants a stinker of a chapter after all.

I'm afraid a degree of olfactory hazard is unavoidable when dealing with the vitally-challenged.

Just reread through your story and some more questions and interesting ideas have come to mind. The most interesting one is that I wonder what Taylor being undead will do to the Shards prediction results? Biggest impact being Coil and Dinah. I wonder if Lisa will get bigger migranes or get a null result? Obviously there are going to be some mistakes in their predictions, because the abilities of undead are unknown. Even if they are speculated on in fiction.

Also, are the Shards going to be as interested in this event (Taylor coming back) as the Simurgh is? Will shards become interested enough to try and actually make a connection to Taylor? Would be something new, since Taylor no longer has a brain to connect to, but I'm sure that they have connected to strange beings in the past on other worlds. Most likely being plants. True, it's likely to have been a connection to some kind of neural tissue, no matter the form. But, I wonder if a crystal based biology (is that the right word for this) would be harder to connect to. Though, then again with the Shards being a form of crystal and flesh maybe not. I can just imagine now the crystal based life form getting freaked out by the lumpy flesh that has grown attached giving them the equivalent of a Corona Pollentia and Gemma.

But, is that likely to help? After all, Taylor is haunting her body, not being part of it really anymore. Then again, maybe a Shard will get a connection to her skeleton and Taylor will have powers while haunting it? And being able to leave that behind and become a free form specter without powers.

Then also, what would be the trigger event, or would there be one? If the Shard network (or whatever you want to refer to it as) becomes interested enough to try and find new data by connecting to the undead, maybe a trigger event would be she stubbs her toe. Or, then again, she might be blasted in some way when out on a walk that she has to pull herself together, probably leaving behind the twisted metal twine used to tie her bones together, and form her skeleton into a whole again with will and spite. Or maybe the metal twine will have become part of her and form back up.

Lots of different ideas came to mind when rereading. Can't wait to see where you go next with this. And find out what ideas you have in mind for Taylor and the people of Brockton Bay.

Last edited:
Taylor actually very briefly had her Canon power. Then she died. It's one of the reasons she'd been so maggot-infested when her corpse got pulled out of the locker.

I'm just gonna say right now that the minute Ziz ends up in the afterlife and then runs she's going to be chased by almost every cape or normal she killed.

It'll be like Bugs bunny running from a "Star wars clone army" number of Elmer fudds.

I'm just gonna say right now that the minute Ziz ends up in the afterlife and then runs she's going to be chased by almost every cape or normal she killed.

It'll be like Bugs bunny running from a "Star wars clone army" number of Elmer fudds.
Maybe? Given that the afterlife seems to be great place to be they might thank her as long as they weren't killed painfully(or mind raped).
Edit: though that assumes there isn't some agreement to try and forgive anyone that didn't get tossed into hell on grounds that they did not get tossed into hell.

Last edited:
this is pure gold please keep it up I want to see levi's reaction to a rematch with a 5th of japan👹👻 BANZAI! 😁

this is pure gold please keep it up I want to see levi's reaction to a rematch with a 5th of japan👹👻 BANZAI! 😁

Not just them. All those who died at his hand, or would have otherwise died cursing his name, would easily pass the hundred million mark... a force equal to the combined armed forces of WW2 from all participants.

Beware, Leviathan, for the onryō are coming for you. The wrathful dead will take their revenge.

Not just them. All those who died at his hand, or would have otherwise died cursing his name, would easily pass the hundred million mark... a force equal to the combined armed forces of WW2 from all participants.

Beware, Leviathan, for the onryō are coming for you. The wrathful dead will take their revenge.

Especially if the onryō all joined forces to animate a golem constructed out of their bodies, various pieces debris and other such things to have that rematch. Heck, the number'll be even higher if they managed to convince those slain thanks to Behemoth and the Simurgh to join in so as they could all take Vengeance on the Endbringers.

Last edited:
Back