Post-Mortem Activities (Undead!Taylor, Slight Crack)

On soulflames
Nilbog is sitting in his little underground hidey-hole, suddenly there is the world's angriest skellington wreathed in a halo of green hellfire and roaring in vindictive fury as it rips and tears through his minions like they're made of tissue paper.

"I'M COMING FOR YOU YOU PSYCHOTIC LITTLE SHIT!"
Strictly speaking, there's no guarantee it would be green. Yeah, Taylor's is, but that's because she's Taylor. For example, Annette's eye flames are blue.

Nilbog is sitting in his little underground hidey-hole, suddenly there is the world's angriest skellington wreathed in a halo of green hellfire and roaring in vindictive fury as it rips and tears through his minions like they're made of tissue paper.

"I'M COMING FOR YOU YOU PSYCHOTIC LITTLE SHIT!"
So basically she would be the Wormverse equivalent to the Doomslayer.

Guess don't have to worry about Scion either, just point her toward Zion and tell her it is all his fault for Nilbog.

"But I am not a Parahuman. I'm a Paranormal."
[Joke]
Counterargument!:
The "Para-" in "Parahuman" is the portmanteau of "Paranormal" and "Human"!
[/Joke]
Glares at the Trooper blocking her entry, "Now step aside. I have to go sign some paperwork to deputize some old friends I ran into and then to get equipment checked out for a visit to Ellisburg." Skeletal thumbs over her shoulder at a large group of skeletons waiting at parade rest. (The soldiers fallen to Nilbog plus a few volunteers from various US wars. There might be one or two wearing kilts or breastplates.)
Sounds like she now leads The Army of Darkness (except this is cleansing darkness not Evil Dead).

Last edited:
So basically she would be the Wormverse equivalent to the Doomslayer.

Guess don't have to worry about Scion either, just point her toward Zion and tell her it is all his fault for Nilbog.

Now I can't get the image of flaming skeleton-Piggot standing in front of one of Nilbog's larger creations and going 'You are huge. THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!' out of my head.

And how the whole 'Cauldron save humanity' get affected since Contessa couldn't path what essentially 'dead' path...how Hero react towards decision made after his death?

And how the whole 'Cauldron save humanity' get affected since Contessa couldn't path what essentially 'dead' path...
What do you mean by "dead" path? If you mean "can't path dead things" there really is no Reason for her not to be able to beyond the Author saying so. If it Exists then it has been included in the Simulation and while Souls may be a new thing overall they appear to be a mixture of Custodian (someone her Shard has had a lot of Experience with) and a malleable Narwhal or Brandish.

I highly doubt Shard care if something is alive or dead outside of the Manton Effect and that is less based in whether or not it is alive and more as a limitation to prevent a Host from killing itself too quickly to gather Data. Rez are going to confuse the Shards for a picosecond but they will just start accounting for it, it isn't like it would be that hard to figure out which ones are going to try and come back from the Ghost Zone. The only thing about them the Shard can't see is the metaphysical aspect, Wildbow even directly stated this in a WoG about Contessa vs Narrative, Temporal, and other Manipulators.

TL;DR:
If Canon power She See Dead People. Author Fiat would make so she can't when Author says she can't.

how Hero react towards decision made after his death?
Horrified probably, he normally is whenever he gets brought back. I wish there was one where he suddenly goes "Excellent! Just according to Keikaku!" like he planned then going full Idiot Ball Inc.

Last edited:
No, 'para-' is a prefix meaning 'beside'.
I know. That was the Joke. I suppose I shouldn't hope Poe's Law doesn't meddle with my Jokes. This is why I usually use the BB Code Format to indicate Jokes ([Joke] Joke [/Joke]). Guess I'll need to Edit it.

"Paranormal" means "beside the normal" (whatever that means*). Parahuman would be "beside Human". If it was a portmanteau then it would be "beside the normal Human".

*Supernatural makes sense, Super implies it to be above or beyond whatever is the "natural". Parahumans are still Human but the Rez'd are (quite literally) beyond Human. The Joke was the counterargument that could be used against claiming to be Paranormal instead of Parahuman.

Last edited:
Of course, a counter-argument could be made that since everyone winds up dead eventually anyway and coming back to the land of the living is simply an act of personal choice, Piggot is still a normal human.

With how stressful her life has been for the past ... decade or so? I'm not sure on the time frame ... I'd sort of expect Emily to decide that no, she's done with that bullshit, it literally killed her and she's going to take that vacation she daydreamed about in between one stack of paperwork and the next, in one world or the other. Whether she actually can stick to that in the face of something like that asshole Calvert taking over in her place is of course another question... the more so if she hears a few dead men's tales about him actually being a cape who intentionally styles himself after James Bond villains.

What do you mean by "dead" path? If you mean "can't path dead things" there really is no Reason for her not to be able to beyond the Author saying so.
I'm under the impression that she can path dead things once they actually show up (or, at least, can simulate them reliably enough), but cannot path/simulate the Afterlife (and there's no reason why she could, as her shard should not have direct access to it even for observation purposes), which in turn means that her path cannot (reliably) account for any visitors from there (at least, not until they actually arrive).

The result is similar to her canon problem with pathing new triggers, though more fundamental (i.e. she would still have had that problem even if her power was not otherwise restricted).

It's possible (depending on how the plot goes) that further integration of the real world and the Afterlife could result in Contessa's shard actually getting the required data for a proper Path simulation including it.
I doubt that this would happen, though; if nothing else, the Afterlife is probably too big.

(Also, yes, I agree that Eden - or Scion for that matter - would have found the Afterlife to be exactly the kind of solution that the Entities were looking for in the first place.
I wonder what would happen if Scion somehow found out about this... on second thought, he'd probably insist on taking the Earths' population with him into paradise - i.e. killing them - anyway.)

With how stressful her life has been for the past ... decade or so? I'm not sure on the time frame ... I'd sort of expect Emily to decide that no, she's done with that bullshit, it literally killed her and she's going to take that vacation she daydreamed about in between one stack of paperwork and the next, in one world or the other.
I doubt it, this is the lady who kept a life threatening medical condition partially because it made her nonviable as a target for kidnapping.

That sounds like more reason to (decide and plan to) accept a more traditional view of death than the recent fad for "just visiting" to me, not less. Of course, plans, enemies, meetings.... you know how it goes.

I doubt it, this is the lady who kept a life threatening medical condition partially because it made her nonviable as a target for kidnapping.
That's fanon. Plausible fanon - when she actually was kidnapped, she recognized the utility of her condition and didn't hesitate to use it to her own advantage - but there's nothing to say she thought of that in advance, let alone considered it a significant factor in her decisions on her healthcare. Plus, while it worked on the Undersiders, that was only because a) they weren't willing to let her die, and b) they didn't have and couldn't get a dialysis machine of their own; prior to Leviathan, of the three major villain organizations that might target her, the E88 and the ABB could likely have gotten a machine, and the Merchants wouldn't have care about keeping her alive.

Eden isn't dead, remember? She's basically in a coma, completely unaware of what's been going on since then.
Could you please give me a cite for that? I was quite sure that she was comateuse for a while, but died of being mined for powers. But now I can't find WoG on the subject anymore, neither in favor of my interpretation, nor for yours.

I wouldn't expect Entities to have a single soul that mirrors what passes for their mind anyway, since each shard is capable of living on its own and has its own more or less developed intelligence. Alternately, maybe they do have a single core mind (Dr. Mutha had to have hit something critical to disable Eden) but it's just that, a top-level thinky brain, and doesn't have access to the specialties of the rest of the shards without actually being in contact with them, so Ghost Eden would be no or not much more powerful than any random ghost and probably a lot less capable than most without a host of Thinker powers to access.

That's fanon. Plausible fanon - when she actually was kidnapped, she recognized the utility of her condition and didn't hesitate to use it to her own advantage - but there's nothing to say she thought of that in advance, let alone considered it a significant factor in her decisions on her healthcare. Plus, while it worked on the Undersiders, that was only because a) they weren't willing to let her die, and b) they didn't have and couldn't get a dialysis machine of their own; prior to Leviathan, of the three major villain organizations that might target her, the E88 and the ABB could likely have gotten a machine, and the Merchants wouldn't have care about keeping her alive.
So, the two gangs that, if they wanted to kidnap her, would be most likely to succeed could get one, and the gang least likely to succeed would both be unlikely to get one, and wouldn't care enough to try. I'm not sure how plausible that fanon is (although I do agree with you that it's fanon). It does impede her ability to do her job to a certain degree, in a city where she already has too many impediments, so I really don't buy that it's a particularly rational decision (which I don't think is what you were saying, just to be clear).

So, the two gangs that, if they wanted to kidnap her, would be most likely to succeed could get one, and the gang least likely to succeed would both be unlikely to get one, and wouldn't care enough to try. I'm not sure how plausible that fanon is (although I do agree with you that it's fanon). It does impede her ability to do her job to a certain degree, in a city where she already has too many impediments, so I really don't buy that it's a particularly rational decision (which I don't think is what you were saying, just to be clear).
Thus 'plausible' rather than 'probable'. Plus @girador only claimed it she kept the condition 'partially because' of that factor.

Back