Post-Mortem Activities (Undead!Taylor, Slight Crack)

On the one hand it's kinda sad that Brockton bay is so shitty it killed a PRT director.

It's quite another to say it killed her, but the sheer rage at how shitty it was brought her back to settle the score.

Oh you trickster you. I wonder if Piggot will have a reason to go back to the living world? After all, she doesn't know that Coil is Thomas, which would be a reason to go back. It would foil some of his plans in a humorous way. ;)

Thanks for the update!!! Love your story.

Are there any laws that would prevent her from keeping her job after dying? Probably couldn't vote, those laws are in place at least. :D

Last edited:
Oh you trickster you. I wonder if Piggot will have a reason to go back to the living world? After all, she doesn't know that Coil is Thomas, which would be a reason to go back. It would foil some of his plans in a humorous way. ;)

Thanks for the update!!! Love your story.
I don't think Piggot will need a reason beyond "F*** being dead!" If Taylor has enough spite to break out of the Afterlife, Piggot probably does too.

Nilbog is sitting in his little underground hidey-hole, suddenly there is the world's angriest skellington wreathed in a halo of green hellfire and roaring in vindictive fury as it rips and tears through his minions like they're made of tissue paper.

"I'M COMING FOR YOU YOU PSYCHOTIC LITTLE SHIT!"

Last edited:
Nilbog is sitting in his little underground hidey-hole, suddenly there is the world's angriest skellington wreathed in a halo of green hellfire and roaring in vindictive fury as it rips and tears through his minions like they're made of tissue paper.

"I'M COMING FOR YOU YOU LITTLE PSYCHOTIC SHIT!"
... Wait, which is the psyco in this?:D:whistle:

As such, the Engine was comprised of a mishmash of components from nearly every era. There were parts literally made by mesolithic stonecrafters right next to hyper-modern integrated circuit chips, mostly held together by what could only be described as literal magic.
Oh, cool, I love those, ever growing ever expanding machines made of Tech from different Eras that somehow still works. Just like Castle Heterodyne.

It was a common suspicion among workers of Afterlife Processing that the Engine was in fact deliberately failing the sapience tests it had been regularly subjected to ever since Alan Turing died.
"Nah-uh, I already made my choice in life and I identify as a computetur device!"

Lazarus Declaration checkmark, who were not instances of Tess Richter AKA Dragon,
So are these copies in stasis now or did they rejoin Dragon and Dragon is just pretending she doesn't know about the afterlife?
...Also did these people accidentally create The Broken God as a means to keep track of people?

Now the only remaining question was to figure out why Taylor had been successful in her Lazarus Declaration when so many before using the exact same method had failed...
Because they actually didn't? They just said they did but really they hadn't? Or maybe all those Myths about people resurrected were true or hauntings are actually the Ghosts trying to be Edgelords?

Piggot's chest hurt. So did everything else.

"No pulse!"

Her vision was darkening around the edges, and she felt very tired.

"We need that defibrilator NOW!"

Maybe she could just nap for a little while.

"Clear!"

Suddenly, nothing hurt anymore.

"Hello, and welcome to the Afterlife Processing Center."
Oh. Great. There goes the Solar System!

Last edited:
Some people are going to get a lot of screwed. If Piggot can do what Taylor does and expands on those abilities (and retrain herself since she doesn't have needs anymore), then we'll have a One Man Army situation on BB, and possibly Ellisburg.

And the Afterlife Agency might have to stop people from doing that. And possibly make a life/afterlife police force.

Edit: There's apparently speculation on the latter part already. Whoops?

Last edited:
So how does the afterlife actually work in this? Is it just a collection of afterlives or what? Does faith have an impact on where you end up?

So how does the afterlife actually work in this? Is it just a collection of afterlives or what? Does faith have an impact on where you end up?
Sounds like it's just one big collective area where everyone ends up, but the many mortal souls have shaped various parts into fitting their own fantasies over time. Doesn't seem to be any actual gods, divinities or religions involved, just people.

One wonders just how many ghosts are waiting for an alert that their murderer died.

Considering how powers work I can't imagine parahumans keep them post mortem.

Like I imagine there's a line of dead people waiting to take a shot at various villains like Jack or Coil once they finally bite it.

One wonders just how many ghosts are waiting for an alert that their murderer died.

Considering how powers work I can't imagine parahumans keep them post mortem.

Like I imagine there's a line of dead people waiting to take a shot at various villains like Jack or Coil once they finally bite it.
I would assume that, generally speaking, karma is a bitch.

Upon her arrival, Emily Piggot is barred from resuming her posting because she is now a Parahuman.

"But I am not a Parahuman. I'm a Paranormal." Glares at the Trooper blocking her entry, "Now step aside. I have to go sign some paperwork to deputize some old friends I ran into and then to get equipment checked out for a visit to Ellisburg." Skeletal thumbs over her shoulder at a large group of skeletons waiting at parade rest. (The soldiers fallen to Nilbog plus a few volunteers from various US wars. There might be one or two wearing kilts or breastplates.)

Last edited:
You know if someone dies that is married and comes back then most likely they will find themselves not married anymore since it is usually till death do is part.

Those search terms were for files within the last 72 hours with a positive Lazarus Declaration checkmark, who were not instances of Tess Richter AKA Dragon, and who had either been detected entering the afterlife more than once, or were not present in the afterlife despite having previously entered.

Does this mean Dragon has been popping in for a chat every time she dies, or is there a pile of dead ghost Dragons?

Back