Outside Context Solution (Mass Effect/Pacific Rim)

... I just thought of something. Are we going to see mech-using pirates by the 'modern' age that the canon Mass Effect games take place in? Maybe even Jaegar-using Pirates and Slavers that the Protagonist(s) will need to fight in their own Jaegar(s?) Hmmm... Jaegar. In. Space!!!! :Snort:

Great story. I'm impressed with how well you integrated the events of Pacific Rim into the Mass Effect setting.

...for some reason I had a mental image of these dark matter weapons being similar to pulse weapons from Half-Life 2. :V

I was specifically picturing the weapon Gipsy Danger uses in the clip below scaled up to dreadnought size when writing that Codex entry. :)

Great story. I'm impressed with how well you integrated the events of Pacific Rim into the Mass Effect setting.

Thank you!

Last edited:
If by "Full Jesus" you mean "Resurected by Philistines using Witchcraft while grafting monster bits on the body beforehand".

Let's have fun with that and stop all the quibbling about what makes who special before it gets out of hand.
Still hope it comes to pass that the rest of the galaxy comes to understand, "Everything seems quiet. Goddess/Ancestors/Spirits what are the humans doing right now?"

As in Humans are "Special" in the same manner Calvin and Hobbes are. Keep them educated and entertained and they're valuable allies. Disrespect them and/or let them wander off...

As in Humans are "Special" in the same manner Calvin and Hobbes are. Keep them educated and entertained and they're valuable allies. Disrespect them and/or let them wander off...

Nah, I'm fairly certain that's the Batarians. I mean, whenever they get let out of the Council's sight, the go off an do really dumb things, like playing with a dead reaper and crashing meteors into stuff. But, you know, with more slavery.

ME relations between the Batarians and the Council become a lot funnier when you picture the Asari as the poor mother trying to keep them from doing dumb stuff, the Turians as the stern father and the Salarians as the kind of dodgy uncle into illegal stuff.

Nah, I'm fairly certain that's the Batarians. I mean, whenever they get let out of the Council's sight, the go off an do really dumb things, like playing with a dead reaper and crashing meteors into stuff. But, you know, with more slavery.

ME relations between the Batarians and the Council become a lot funnier when you picture the Asari as the poor mother trying to keep them from doing dumb stuff, the Turians as the stern father and the Salarians as the kind of dodgy uncle into illegal stuff.
:wtf:
...When I think Batarians, I think about the other guy in this strip, not Calvin.

It's not that you can't take your eyes off of them, it's that they're always, always, always up to something cruel and stupid precisely because the authorities can't be bothered to do anything about it. And anyone who does interfere in their "cultural identity" are the ones who get punished. Sure the guys in charge may punish both sides, but the Batarians just laugh that kind of stuff off while other parties are humiliated and demoralized by it.

Last edited:
Krogans get the 300 movies in Blue ray.

Don't forget the Dune movies or miniseries, but that one was kinda obvious.
How many of them would go "Ooooo, ideaaaa"

Joker is kind of an ass
That's kind of his default state tho, him being an ass is like breathing for most living beings. Can't help it so it's excusable over him being happy to see Shep.
... or at least happy to see the SR2.

"It'll be better than the old days! You'll see!"
"I hope so, I died!"

So what's the difference between the Dark-Matter accelerator and the pulse-plasma ca- oh, I think I get it. The dark-matter accelerator fires plasmatic dark matter, as opposed to the pulse-plasma weapon, which is basically a contained bolt of upscaled Incinerate?

So what's the difference between the Dark-Matter accelerator and the pulse-plasma ca- oh, I think I get it. The dark-matter accelerator fires plasmatic dark matter, as opposed to the pulse-plasma weapon, which is basically a contained bolt of upscaled Incinerate?

More or less. The dark matter accelerator is firing super-heavy, super-hot matter. The pulse plasma is firing contained bursts of pure plasma.

... I just thought of something. Are we going to see mech-using pirates by the 'modern' age that the canon Mass Effect games take place in? Maybe even Jaegar-using Pirates and Slavers that the Protagonist(s) will need to fight in their own Jaegar(s?) Hmmm... Jaegar. In. Space!!!! :Snort:

Probably not. Jaeger Deployment and maintenance will require an established infrastructure that pirates will probably find other uses for. The cost/benefit ratio is quite skewed since Jaegers are specialized as anti kaiju weapons. against conventional military, a Jaeger will fall to death by a thousand cuts. Maybe Aria in Omega can fund and build one, but other pirates? Unlikely.

Plus I get the feel that Jaeger production and development is gonna be monitored heavily by the council in the same way they monitor and enforce the treaty of Farixen for dreadnoughts.

Kaidanovsky: We could take you out bear wrestling in Siberia on an off day.
Wrex: These bear things any good?
Kaidanovsky: We start off with puny fourteen-hundred pound Siberian bear wrestling in Arctic conditions. Very vicious bastards.
Javik: ...
Wrex: Nice.
Kaidanovsky: For Javik, have Hong Kong contacts rustle up some Pandas. Might be more to his liking.

Herc: Wrex.
Wrex: Hanson.
Liara: Uncle.
Wrex: Liara.
Newt: Alien man.
Wrex: Kaiju groupie.
Hermann: No.
Grunt: Grunt.
Wrex: *grunts*
Shepard: Deja vu?

Back