Outside Context Solution (Mass Effect/Pacific Rim)

Did you read the stuff that detailed some of their adventures during their nearly decade long mission? The Raiders of the Lost Ark theme would have been appropriate for a lot of it I think. ;)

Wow. I just remembered that those guys spent a quarter of their projected lifespan on that mission. That's dedication right there.

Since they didn't kill each other, they must be a pretty tight-knight group and a well-oiled machine when it comes to working together too, amirite?

Along with importing the appropriate hat and bullwhip from Earth.

And on a similar tangent:

The Quarians get a VHS player and a crate of old MacGyver videotapes.

The Turians and Krogans get the 300 movies in Blue ray.

No lie. I am totally biased toward Wrex, in my first playthrough of ME2 he was the only one of the original crew that was happy to see me, just genuinely happy to see me still alive and there. (not even Liara! After everything we had shared! The bitch! :( )

He came across as the most genuine friend Shepard had throughout the series and it's made me a bit soft for the horrible old turtle-lizard.:D

There was a webcomic that demonstrated this, but I can't find it anywhere. If someone has it or a link I'd really appreciate it.

I'm kinda picturing Wrex yelling "THIS! IS! TUCHANKA!" and kicking Gatatog Uvenk down a well just as you show up in ME2.b
The Asari just miiight be a bit paranoid about all the Green-Skinned Space Babes in Star Trek being the secret rulers of their species who manipulate males with pheremones.
No lie. I am totally biased toward Wrex, in my first playthrough of ME2 he was the only one of the original crew that was happy to see me, just genuinely happy to see me still alive and there. (not even Liara! After everything we had shared! The bitch! :( )

He came across as the most genuine friend Shepard had throughout the series and it's made me a bit soft for the horrible old turtle-lizard.:D

There was a webcomic that demonstrated this, but I can't find it anywhere. If someone has it or a link I'd really appreciate it.
To Liara's credit, she kind of blew her wad rescuing Shepard from the Collectors and thus moved on to taking out the galaxy-spanning conspiracy that tried to sell him to them in the first place.

I'm kinda picturing Wrex yelling "THIS! IS! TUCHANKA!" and kicking Gatatog Uvenk down a well just as you show up in ME2.b:p

Gatatog: Uh I'm still alive!
Wrex: oh that'll change ( Signals to krogan around well Who then throw down a shit ton of grenades into said Well)
Wrex: This is Tuchanka! 300 reference check next up......Ah right I want a chokepoint found and old walls built to make said choke point the only way through use the dead bodies for mortar.
Random krogan: Yes Battlemaster.

Gatatog: Uh I'm still alive!
Wrex: oh that'll change ( Signals to krogan around well Who then throw down a shit ton of grenades into said Well)
Wrex: This is Tuchanka! 300 reference check next up......Ah right I want a chokepoint found and old walls built to make said choke point the only way through use the dead bodies for mortar.
Random krogan: Yes Battlemaster.

No idea where Wrex would be going with all of this, but I'm sure it would be awesome once we got there! :p

I know right? Ashley is suspicious, Kaiden is a Dick, Tali is not unhappy to see us but not exactly happy to see us with Cerberus, Garrus Shots us, Liara is a kind of a bitch...

Oh! Chakwas and Joker were happy to see us.

Codex: Dark Matter Weaponry
CODEX: Dark Matter Weaponry

While the basic physics behind dark matter weapons have been known since the advent of space travel, no species had put it into practice until the Humans of Earth needed new weapons for their original, lonely fight against the Kaiju.

Using condensed dark matter contained in a magazine, these weapons fire the ultra-dense material in an energetic state similar to conventional plasma. The sheer density of the dark matter combined with the heat of plasma made this a devastating weapon on the scale that Jaegers use against the Kaiju.

To this day, dark matter based weapons see the majority of their use in Jaegers of every type and are considered a superior mid to close range weapon for use equipping Jaegers.

What was surprising to human engineers in later years is just how easily these weapons can be scaled up or down.

While production of these weapons for use on the infantry scale has been severely limited due to both expense and the limitations of ammunition capacity, a few experimental models have been produced by SWH&K. These anti-materiel weapons performed admirably, easily destroying targets that other weapons of that class have difficulty with. However the finicky nature of the weapons makes them maintenance intensive, and that combined with the problem of carrying enough of the bulky, heavy ammunition has seen the weapons never find a niche in military circles for conventional ground use.

In spacecraft, however, dark matter accelerators see a much wider use, especially in human ships. The problems of weight and magazine capacity are mostly eliminated, though the weapons are still more labor intensive for maintenance than similar starship grade weapons.

Depending on their configuration, dark matter accelerators can deliver far more force and energy than any other weapon of similar size in known space. The other drawback that causes most to shy away from them is that except in the largest emplacements, the range of these weapons is almost half that of similar sized mass-accelerators, particle beams or pulse-plasma weapons.

Nevertheless, many Human and Turian ships use dark matter accelerators as their primary weapon, supplemented by more conventional weaponry, for a combination that is as formidable as it is visually stunning when the dark matter accelerator fires.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

beta'd by @bobnik . Thanks!

Last edited:
CODEX: Dark Matter Weaponry

While the basic physics behind dark matter weapons have been known since the advent of space travel, no species had put it into practice until the Humans of Earth needed new weapons for their original, lonely fight against the Kaiju.

Using condensed dark matter contained in a magazine, these weapons fire the ultra-dense material in an energetic state similar to conventional plasma. The sheer density of the dark matter combined with the heat of plasma made this a devastating weapon on the scale that Jaegers use against the Kaiju.

To this day, dark matter based weapons see the majority of their use in Jaegers of every type and are considered a superior mid to close range weapon for use with Jaegers.

What was surprising to human engineers in later years is just how easily these weapons can be scaled up or down.

While production of these weapons for use on the infantry scale has been severely limited due to both expense and the limitations of ammunition capacity, a few experimental models have been produced by SWH&K. These anti-material weapons performed admirably, easily destroying targets that other weapons of that class have difficulty with, however the finicky nature of the weapons makes them maintenance intensive, and that combined with the problem of carrying enough of the bulky, heavy ammunition has seen the weapons never find a niche in military circles for conventional ground use.

In spacecraft, however, dark matter accelerators see a much wider use, especially in human ships. The problems of weight and magazine capacity are mostly eliminated, though the weapons are still more labor intensive for maintenance than similar starship grade weapons.

Depending on their configuration, dark matter accelerators can deliver far more force and energy than any other weapon of similar size in known space. The other drawback that causes most to shy away from them is that except in the largest emplacements, the range of these weapons is almost half that of similar sized mass-accelerators, particle beams or pulse-plasma weapons.

Nevertheless, many Human and Turian ships use dark matter accelerators as their primary weapon, supplemented by more conventional weaponry, for a combination that is as formidable as it is visually stunning when the dark matter accelerator fires.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...for some reason I had a mental image of these dark matter weapons being similar to pulse weapons from Half-Life 2. :V

Back