Outside Context Solution (Mass Effect/Pacific Rim)

I noticed in your run down of the Jaeger types that you mentioned Batarians.

Do they still engage in slavery under the 'culture' bias or has the Council told them to straighten the fuck up and fly right?

Which is a negotiating position that I'm sure Herc and co would be just fine with adopting.

And of course the Jaeger known as Liberty Prime will be piloted by ex-slaves, right?

Now do you really think Herc is that petty? :p

Also, are you still up to beta for this? Because the new bit will be ready to roll out in a few days...
MadGreenSon threw 6 100-faced dice. Total: 400
73 73 69 69 52 52 90 90 59 59 57 57

Now do you really think Herc is that petty? :p

Also, are you still up to beta for this? Because the new bit will be ready to roll out in a few days...
It was more meant to be a segue into Fallout jokes. It will be very interesting to see what happens if slaves are the most common drift compatible people in batarian space though. Shared experiences and all that.

As for betaing, I'd love to. Just so you know, I work regular office hours and actually need to sleep(I'm weak, I know) on AEST (GMT +10) so there may be up to 24 hours turnaround, depending on when you get it to me.

It was more meant to be a segue into Fallout jokes. It will be very interesting to see what happens if slaves are the most common drift compatible people in batarian space though. Shared experiences and all that.

Entirely possible, actually.
As for betaing, I'd love to. Just so you know, I work regular office hours and actually need to sleep(I'm weak, I know) on AEST (GMT +10) so there may be up to 24 hours turnaround, depending on when you get it to me.

I'm sure the readers can wait. :D

Codex: Volus Commonwealth
Just to show I have not forgotten you my pitchfork wielding, growly children. I have a bit of worldbuilding here for ya! I'm already about five hundred words into the next proper chapter as well!;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CODEX: The Volus Commonwealth

In the wake of Irune's destruction, the Volus species was shattered both in population and in spirit. If it were not for the drive of a few of the most powerful surviving Volus, it is uncertain what would have happened to them as a people.

Luckily for both the survivors and the galactic economy that had already been in recession at the time, the majority of the Volus people's holdings were not on their homeworld, but diversified throughout the galaxy and within the galactic banking system.

This allowed the Volus to regroup, forming a new capital to the Vol Protectorate on the Volus colony-world of Talis Fia. However, the Volus, having received such a shock to their collective psyche, would not simply fall into old patterns. A new and more militant political climate agitated for change to the Volus as a people and for the Volus to step up and take their place in the galaxy more prominently.

The first signs of this were the creation of the Outsider Disaster Relief Fund and the Outsider Disaster Relief Task Force, to aid worlds also hit hard by Outsider attacks. The Task Force also supplied a great deal of employment to displaced Vorcha from the Terminus Systems as those hardy folk are not much affected by the toxic overspill from dead Kaiju and are thus best suited to clean up work after one is destroyed.

A further sign of changes was seen upon the creation of the first Exile-class dreadnought that would serve as the centerpiece of the Volus Rapid Reaction Force that moved throughout the galaxy aiding worlds that were not able to fully see to their own defense and serving as a way for the Volus arms manufacturers to supply hard-pressed areas with additional munitions at a substantial discount.

It all became official in 2520 when the Vol Protectorate and the Turian Hierarchy officially dissolved their treaty that made the Protectorate a client state of the Hierarchy and replaced it with a new treaty tying the two powers together as close allies who lend each other mutual support, but neither side owes fealty to the other.

2520 CSD thus also saw the creation of the successor to the Vol Protectorate, The Volus Commonwealth, with a new capital on the former colony world of Talis Fa. This new power maintains the massive Volus Trade Fleet, but now supplements it with a new Volus Military fleet and ground based Army.

Having been tempered by the fire, the Volus people came through stronger than before have taken a prominent role in galactic politics in every arena.

If the current trend continues, political analysts say that the Volus may gain a seat on the Citadel Council within fifty years or less.

Last edited:
Just found this story and binged the whole thing. It is good to see it continued from Above The Rim. :D

Will we get to see some reaction snips from the Council discovering Jaegers?

I remember something about a certain councilor getting a bit misty-eyed upon finding out that the primitive humans, out of pure coincidence, built one of their kaiju-butchering giant robots into the form of an idealized, heavily armored Turian. ("It's just allergies I swear!")

Considering Turian faith seems to be a form of animism and the older belief into titans walking the surface of Palaven, even just seeing vids of Tacit Ronin in action must have pushed all kinds of buttons. :D

Considering Turian faith seems to be a form of animism and the older belief into titans walking the surface of Palaven, even just seeing vids of Tacit Ronin in action must have pushed all kinds of buttons. :D
Please guys, I just got yelled at for this. With-hold all ratings and like the original post!
OI

YOU ASK FIRST, BEFORE YOU POST THAT :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Seriously, I don't mind that you posted it, but next time can you at least pm me first, before you post it?

Last edited:
few typos and oddities noticed while reading the whole thing.

repair or simply to create more sever space for the Consensus
"server"

the constant anger flooding his newly fortified to handle system.
seems there's something missing? the phrasing is... off.

a marvel at inspiring others in a way that Salarains themselves
Salarians

As always, please with-hold all ratings and instead add likes to the original post.

I was actually referring to this one;
Cypher3au said:
And holy crap, has anyone noticed how much Tacit Ronin looks like a Turian?

"...funny; these 'humans' have a 250 foot tall war machine that looks uncannily like a Turian in armor...Sparatus, are you...are you CRYING?!"

"NO! No, just...something in my eyes."

Just curious: Why did the Volus change their capital world from Talis Fia to Patavig?

Which is a negotiating position that I'm sure Herc and co would be just fine with adopting.

And of course the Jaeger known as Liberty Prime will be piloted by ex-slaves, right?
Liberty prime: DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO SLAVERY!
Liberty Prime: SLAVER DETECTED ON CITADEL SOIL LETHAL FORCE ENGAGED!
Liberty Prime: FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Liberty prime: BATARIAN SLAVE CASTE'S FREEDOM IS IMMINENT!
Liberty Prime: Initiating Directive 7-3-9-5 DESTROY ALL SLAVERS!
Liberty Prime: TACTICAL ASSESSMENT BATARIAN SLAVER VICTORY IMPOSSIBLE
Liberty Prime: SLAVER TARGET ACQUIRED.
liberty Prime: SLAVERY IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF FAILURE!
Liberty Prime: SLAVERY IS A TEMPORARY SETBACK ON THE ROAD TO FREEDOM!
Liberty Prime: EMBRACE PROPER EMPLOYMENT MEASURES OR YOU. WLL. BE. ERADICATED.
Liberty Prime: OBSTRUCTION DETECTED BATARIAN MADE ALLOY SUPPLEMENTED BY MASS EFFECT FIELD BATARIAN BLOCKADE ATTEMPT FUTILE

Last edited:
Freedom is fine but you're lacking in democracy here. If you manage to insert some democracy then it'll be just perfect.

Back