Metroid: Decay

When they woke up that morning, Samus had the group move. They slowly stalked through the halls as a loud thud echoed through it. Nova held her gun up, while Chloe kept hers close to her chest. Anthony's knuckles went white as his grip tightened, Sakamoto kept his grip on his gun, and Barnes stuck close to him as they moved through the empty hallways.

"Samus...you do know how deep we are in the ship, right?"

"We're closer to the long-range beacon." Samus kept her cannon up. "It's less than ten kilometers from here...unfortunately, this is where the Queen was last spotted. I'm not confident in our ability to avoid it."

"That's a first."

"What's a first?" Samus' eyebrow quirked up beneath her helmet.

"You not being confident." Anthony said.

"I'm realistic." Samus said. "That's it."

Nova sighed. "We're so fucking boned."

"Someone's a negative Nancy." Anthony said.

"Day five and you're still a ways to go." Charlie said over the comm. "I mean...chances are, shit might still go south. At least you're getting closer to the end, right?"

"I wouldn't be that pessimistic." Anthony quirked an eyebrow up.

"You're still doing well, team." Adam said.

"We're doing well?" Nova sighed. "I feel like fucking baggage."

"You're still alive."

"Yeah, but only because of Samus, here." She noted with a tense tone. "...Fuckin' A."

"No need to get testy." Charles said.

"I'm not being fucking testy. I'm stating facts. We'd be dead without her...and honestly, I'm surprised we aren't dead now."

Samus pressed a hand against her helmet's earpiece. "Let's just keep moving..." A loud thud, followed by the groaning of metal echoed through the hallway. Immedaitely, Chloe held her gun tighter.

"W-what the hell was that?" Sakamoto shouted.

"I'm guessing that would be our Queen." Samus raised her gun. "Stay close. Don't split. Keep each other in sight."

[=]​

Charles and Adam sat in their own room as they watched the group on-screen move. Charles looked between the crew and the captain as he idly munched on a ration cube. "...Want a bite?"

"I already ate." Adam said.

"...Alright." Charles sighed. "Tastes like dry ass, anyway."

"Dry ass is preferable to starving." Adam leaned forward, while Charles pushed his chair back and propped his feet on the control panel.

"Yeah, well...okay." He popped off another piece of cube and chucked it into his mouth. "...So...what was she like?"

"Hm?"

"Samus." Charles looked over. "I mean...she was part of your team before, right?"

"All she had was her...zero suit, they called it. Rudimentary armor with some life-support...not much protection but it was enough to stop a slug and multiple powerbeam shots." He leaned back. "...She was an interesting member of the team...she didn't get access to the power suit until after training. I think it was a protocol from the Chozo that raised her."

Charles stopped eating. "Wait...Chozo? She was raised by space Santa?"

Adam laughed. "She was indeed raised by birds. I knew this because she told me. She didn't realize just what she said, either...I even made her my protege. She had potential...and she's using it to its full extent." He chuckled. "You don't become the best bounty hunter in a galaxy filled with trillions with untapped potential."

"I thought we went over this before, captain."

"I guess we did." Adam said. "...I think being cooped up in a room is driving me mad." He leaned back into his chair again.

"...willing to tell me what happened this time?"

The captain let out a loud laugh. "Not a chance!"

"Fair enough."

[=]​

A/N: Captain is being coy.

Captain is enjoying the fact that he gets to sit in his locked down command center with as much supplies as can be found, safely watching Samus go about her incredible work.

Kinda makes the ones who decided to go with Samus wish they had chosen differently, but on the other hand, watching Samus do her thing with your very own eyes (and even being a minor participant!) is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Plus, there's the whole "I saw a Metroid Queen with my own eyes and lived."

On another note: should Samus happen across Baby Ridley...clone...thing like she did in Other M, I expect her to scan it with her visor, immediately realize what it's a clone of, and then USE YOUR PLASMA BEAM to vaporize it on the spot. Nothing like a little infanticide to take that "BABYBABYBABY" monstrosity to shove it.

"First space pirates, then metroids, then a metroid queen, and now I find that they've cloned the Leader of the Space Pirates on this godforsaken space station, too? It's like someone is going to absurd lengths just to piss me off."

Fucking Ridley? Again? Seriously! *blast* Stop! *missile* Bringing! *Super Missile* Him! *Morph ball, roll up to in between clone's shoulder blades, Power Bomb* Back! *Call in gunship for attack run, unlock Plasma Beam limiters, fire beam powerful enough it punches through five decks and out its way through the hullmetal*

Last edited:
Fucking Ridley? Again? Seriously! *blast* Stop! *missile* Bringing! *Super Missile* Him! *Morph ball, roll up to in between clone's shoulder blades, Power Bomb* Back! *Call in gunship for attack run, unlock Plasma Beam limiters, fire beam powerful enough it punches through five decks and out its way through the hullmetal*

Funny enough, that works for both Ridley and Samus's perspectives.

Funny enough, that works for both Ridley and Samus's perspectives.
Not quite. Samus never dies. She is extremely tough to kill, yes, but Ridley never actually succeeds in killing her. Samus, on the other hand, kills Ridley again and again and somehow he keeps being brought back, inexplicably. In Other M's case, the GA actually deliberately cloned him for reasons no sane man can fathom.

Ridley's complaint is that Samus never dies. Samus' complaint is that Ridley never stays dead.

"I-In sight. Yes. g-got it." Sakamoto swallowed as the group crept through the halls.

Samus kept her scanner on and her gun trained forwards, before she saw something out of the corner of her eye. She moved her cannon to the side, before she sighed and looked back forwards. "...nothing. Radar says nothing. For something with a queen in these halls...this place is quiet."

Chloe kept close to Samus, before she looked over. "...do...are we safe?"

"Fuck no." Nova answered, before Anthony moved over.

"We're how far from the comm station again?"

Samus brought up her scanner. "Nine kilometers, now."

"Fuck, I forgot how big this station was." Nova muttered.

Sakamoto's eyes darted over to the side. "Hey did anyone see that?"

"See what?" His partner raised an eyebrow. "I think you're jumping at shadows, sir."

"B-but I swore that I saw something." He moved his pistol over. "A-are you sure your radar said nothing was here?"

"My radar is fully equipped with the latest updates. If something is here, then I should be able to catch it." Samus said, flatly.

"I-I think something's in here with us....s-something-" He moved over. "I..."

"You heard her." Barnes said. "We should be fine...fine-ish." She took a step forwards, before suddenly, she was rooted in place. Her foot started to sink into the ground, and she let out a scream.

Immediately, the entire team turned, only to see something faze out of the ground. It let out a shriek, as Barnes struggled against the three teeth in her leg. She pulled as hard as she could, before suddenly, there was a crackling sound. Her entire leg began to turn black, as she screamed in agony.

Without hesitation, Samus fired a charged beam at her leg, before she swapped over to her ice beam. The first shot tore through flesh, ripping a hole in Barnes' leg before the weakened bone snapped. Sakamoto grabbed her as she fell backwards, screaming in agony, before the ice-beam hit the newfound creature.

The shot struck the surface of the monster as it rose from the ground, a transparent head surrounding three internal organs. The ice shattered on impact, and Samus' eyes widened.

It let out a high-pitched shriek, followed by several others. Multiple Metroids, each one just as invulnerable to ice as the first, began to rise out of the metal paneling, phasing through as they let out a cry.

[=]​

A/N: lol fuck you

Last edited:
Oh...

Oh you fucking MORONS.

They bred the ice weakness out.

How the fuck do these people continue to form a functioning society?!

Last edited:
Oh boy. This will NOT be fun.

Of course, despite what Other M might claim, Metroids are not strictly vulnerable only and only to ice ; ice is merely their only remotely convenient weakness.

But yeah... this will NOT be a fun happy time for the group.

And the Federation continues to demonstrate its stellar (lack of a) sense of self-preservation. Samus is gonna be so pissed at them when this is over.

Oh, man - when I saw the image on the music you linked, I thought it was going to be Spore Spawn, and I wasn't sure how the non-Samus people involved were going to survive. Then, the ice-proof Metroids showed up, and now it's so much worse.

They always seem to break free of containment tubes without too much of a problem at some point though...

Especially when putting them on ice doesn't do much.

Last edited:
I thought the Metroids only learned to phase in Corruption and that it was a specific breed of them that could do it? How did they get here then considering they are all clones of the baby.

I thought the Metroids only learned to phase in Corruption and that it was a specific breed of them that could do it? How did they get here then considering they are all clones of the baby.
...Phazon may not be so Phazed out as we believed?

If it true, then: Good news everybody! The Metroids are actually vulnerable to something! Bad News: their vulnerability is worse than the Metroid and will drive everyone mad.

I remember the Baby Metroid passing through walls in Super Metroid.

Pretty sure I can also recall the smaller cloned Metroids doing the same thing.

Last edited:
THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY

Back