Kantai Collection - Fanfic Idea and Recs

Unless most of the players are good or unicum players those ships are likely to be useless other than being meat (Steel?) shields for the shipgirls.

Actually they're all likely to be useless because WoWs made some mechanical decisions that severely gimp the ships in terms of gun range and the ease with which they are hit.

Actually they're all likely to be useless because WoWs made some mechanical decisions that severely gimp the ships in terms of gun range and the ease with which they are hit.
Depends on how you see it.

20K is about the max effective range for unguided shells, hell the Iowas were figure to only have a 5% hit rate on a Bismarck size target at that range. That was a 1.5 hits per salvo of nine guns.

And that Was consider Good.

In World of Warship you can get triple or more that, real life RNG sucks compare to Wargamings.

If that crosses over to the WOWSGirls while the Abyssals have to deal with real life RNG?

That be a boom for the allies.

I was moreso thinking of the port mechanics like service costs, containers, and the like. For the ships themselves, they keep their historical stats, but they start out with stock modules and consumables, and no upgades. The ship commanders also exist, functioning like in the game, but answer only to their Admirals (the players). The last one is a major driving point of the plot.

About the shipgirls, they do exist, but the WOWS ships do not have shipgirls. This is to prevent further confusion between the groups.

Last edited:
A real life Iowa also doesn't do 800 meter turns or able to hit 33.5 knots at combat load.

Try almost a 1000 meters and 32.5 knots

Which is pretty irrelevant since the game one isn't doing either when it's actually much bigger than you think it is. (And really, the extra maneuverability is meaningless when you're a target that's larger than many of the islands the US invaded in the atoll part of the Central Pacific campaign.)

Do you mind spoilering the image mate, gave me a bit of a "jaysus" moment.

That said the image makes for an interesting look on how close shipgirls are to their abyssal counterparts.

Anthology Maizuru Chinjufu Hen has been updated again. The shipgirls have a per-weight class mahjong tournament, but they are allowed to use their equipment. Surprisingly enough the battleships' tournament is restrained and mundane enough, while the aircraft carriers' play includes fight over air superiority in order to secure tile deployment on the game board.

The unlucky ships (Taihou, Mutsu, Yamashiro, and Fusou) plays in a special table where they are locked in an endless draw.

Last edited:
I had a bit of a goofy idea - the true origins of Nagamon.

Fubuki (the starter ship, in this idea) and Nagato (current secretary ship) have some sort of huge argument/disagreement, and decide to handle it like mature, responsible adults - by spreading malicious rumors about one another behind their backs. And so it is that the young and impressionable new carriers, battleships, and heavy cruisers learn of the Dreaded Foobie, a destroyer who molests her senpais in their sleep and slips away before she can be caught; meanwhile, fresh light cruisers, destroyers, and subs hear the legend of the Nagamon, a battleship so addicted to cute young things that she uses her mighty strength to pin them down and have her way with them.

It falls to Mutsu and the other Fubuki sisters to resolve this mess, but not before many shenanigans and bouts of paranoia occur.

Basically the latest movie hints...
Still waiting to see that, but I've accidentally run across some spoilers in places. Looks like it uses some similar ideas as my fic, but the way it uses them is completely opposite.

Last edited:
Back