I do wonder… what will he become? To be a machine in battle, to stand in every age and war. To roll forward on tracks of steel when the Allies drew the beach from the devils claws in 45', to hold the line on Cadia as a Leman Russ or a Imperal Knight, battling as the forces of Chaos storm forward, or perhaps a Highlander, fighting as the Blackwatch stand tall in the Ghost Flats, opposing Amaris will. Many are the ages and battles he could fight in.
He will obviously become a PA commander. An infinitely self-replicating autonomous engine of war.

Just hope he doesn't get assigned to anyone… bad. The rules have no restriction on what side he could join… so he could end up as a Chaos Land Raider, a Tiger Tank, there as many baddies with machines as there are good guys.

idea Title: Cultivation is too Complicated
This story is about a man from our world who finds himself in the body of a miner in a Xianxia world. He doesn't have much money, nor does he have any cultivation. He has no special talent either, so no sect accepted him. Instead, he spends his days mining, fishing, and doing odd jobs for a living while training his body and playing around with the minute amount of ki he has.

A year passes, and he notices that his ki has grown. He can even move it much easier now. Deciding to test a theory, he increases his daily workouts to extremes and adds meditation sessions before sleep.

The results show themselves, as not even six months later he can now sense other people's ki, though not as clearly and not that far either. But the important part is that he can RUN. His speed now matches highway speeds, and he has the strength of ten men. It is nothing compared to other cultivators, but he didn't need any special technique to get this strong. So why are all cultivators using some complicated method?

What the self-insert didn't know was that while his method is indeed much faster, it also required an immense amount of time training one's body and one's mind, as well as an increased amount of food as his body began to require more energy to keep functioning. He will only have his life increased by a few decades unless he reaches divinity, which is when he can continuously be at full power while keeping his ki within his body, preventing it from leaking out and being detected by those who aren't divine.

The secret methods regular cultivators use basically convert their bodies into divine beings. With every breakthrough, they increase their divinity, starting with a fraction of a fraction. This increases the cultivator's life and decreases their need for food until they become immortal by reaching full divinity.

So what your saying is everyone is going Xian Xia style while the Mc goes by dragonball rules

Nice
In a way.. In this world Qi will slowly take on the properties one expects. And since the SI doesn't have a Master to show him how it's supposed to work the closest thing he can visualise is dragon ball since it seems to behave like it. Thus since the SI expect the Qi to act like dragonball Ki. Further solidifying his belief that it's Qi until he see otherwise. And when he sees someone else use it differently it won't effect him much since the SI will assume he has Dragon ball KI while others have Qi, not knowing his Qi simply consigned? To his belief about how it's supposed to work.

In this world Qi will slowly take on the properties one expects
it would explain how spirit beast's cultivation work being more in touch with their instinct
while special breeds caused by weird environments could be the elemental Qi being tainted by perception of cultivators of all sorts
specially those that have ascended and thus cause more of a ripple in the world

makes for a good world building but hard to find a way to exposition it since it would be very hard to figure in world

Orochimaru SI 1
Huh.... Of all the people I never expected to find myself as Orochimaru..... I'm not Orochimaru, nor am I who I was before.... But a combination of the two... And this outside perspective allowed me to see the waste Orochimaru was about to do I was in his underground Lab with his first Kidnapees? Who were all unconscious.

Why in the world was Orochimaru thinking? This was so inefficient. Instead of taking the Biological tech tree, it's better to go the Mechanical way.

I already had a possible path to immortality.

Nanites within my body to repair the Tolemorase, the protein used by the cells to repair the body. The only part of the body that it couldn't repair itself... It's why we get older... As the telomerase breaks down further the instructions on it become more and more unreadable... More more cells slowly completely run out of telomerase we become wrinkled and our body shrinks as most of the cells literally don't have the repair instructions. Until something is damaged too far and cannot be repaired anymore.

Nanites will solve the body's aging problem...

But the mind?

Should the body be destroyed? After all, I may be a sannin but I'm not the most powerful... Not by a long shot.

I'll need a powerful enough computer to keep a backup of my mind. Perhaps using some a combination of technology and seals I could keep my mind safe in a computer while I operate my body like a drone? No that won't work.

Rather it's better to keep backup clones of myself and back up my memories into a Computer on a regular basis..... Then create a seal that can capture my soul and insert it into a cloned body before the computer loads a backup of my memories....

Yes... That works.

Of course, this is an absolute last resort. Orochimaru is still a part of me after all I'm not going to give up on immortality. No, I'm simply going to go about it in a more humane and efficient way...

The next on was my desire to master every ninjutsu in existence.... That is fucking impossible.... But that doesn't mean I can't get close to it, though my plan requires me to master all the elemental natures to a level even beyond Sarutobi sensei. Basically, I am aiming for Avatar levels of Nature Mastery and Chakra control.

That would pretty much allow me to use every single elemental jutsu in existence simply by willing it so..... I guess technically at that point it's no longer a jutsu as I would be simply commanding the elements at that point... Then there's Fuinjutsu, non-elemental jutsu, and Bloodline techniques which I will cross the bridge when I get to it... I already have too many things on my plate....

Oh looks like one of the children are awakening....
What should I do with them? I could return them to the orphanage..... But then what they go on and become average shinobi and die on the battlefield? Or perhaps live a poor life unable to afford meals day to day?

I suppose I could use some help with the lab and getting things up and running. It would take decades even with my genius to get to the level of tech needed for the things I needed but perhaps having some help could speed things up in the long run... Though It will take quite a while to make them true scientists...

Well...well see besides if they don't wish to actually learn I could send them back to the orphanage. Not that I don't care but I can only do so much...

Now then how should I break the news to them?

Last edited:
Back