Don't forget, almost all of the Grand classes have multiple candidates for who can fill those roles; presumably, different Heroic Spirits would be summoned as Grand Servants to deal with different Beasts. The only exception being Grand Assassin, as King Hassan is the only one who qualifies for that role. So if you want someone other than Noah as Grand Rider, that's just fine.

indeed. My reasoning for Qin Shi Huang was Sherlock mentioned his LB versions Saint graph was Grand Quality in spite of being a Ruler, and Between getting traded out for Iskander in Zero and almost being False rider in Strange Fake, i connected the two.

Admittedly, i'm not sure who could fill grand assassin. the closest i have are Shiki Ryougi (Death perception) and False Assassin and her recreation of the first 18 Zabanya's.

I think Nasu outright stated Old Man Hassan was the only candidate for Grand Assassin, no exceptions.

Since I'm talking here anyway...

Work has been absolute hell. It's the same mantra I've had for a few months now and honestly it's gotten worse. Understaffing and being flat-out overwhelmed, mostly - and it's a work-from home position so it's really stupid it got this far. I haven't even finished the first half of the Okeanos finale (four/five pages in, dear god). Christmas and New Year will probably be in the New Year proper. I have talked to the higher-ups and moves are being made to improve things, but... let's say a resume is in the works as backup.

That said, as a Holiday treat I'll give a little dirt on the Grands for this fic. Without spoiling, of course.

Archer, Lancer, Assassin, and Caster are as canon - as Septem/Okeanos indicated. Rider is a full-on homebrew and will star in America. Saber is a partial homebrew and will shine in Camelot/Jerusalem. Berserker is plot-crucial and is yet another partial homebrew. I've fully set on their identities, and have written out Rider's stat sheet in particular. Each of them brings something new and important, and I want to talk about prior setup for some of it but I feel as though that would edge on spoiler territory at this point in time.

At this point the only flexibility I have with Daybit is his own skills; man isn't getting a Grand Contract unless something Really Weird happens between now and... well, given it took me two years to get to Okeanos thanks to the pandemic really crimping my work/life balance and everything else, maybe we'll see it by 2023. Or earlier if I can make sweeping changes.

Archer, Lancer, Assassin, and Caster are as canon - as Septem/Okeanos indicated. Rider is a full-on homebrew and will star in America. Saber is a partial homebrew and will shine in Camelot/Jerusalem. Berserker is plot-crucial and is yet another partial homebrew. I've fully set on their identities, and have written out Rider's stat sheet in particular. Each of them brings something new and important, and I want to talk about prior setup for some of it but I feel as though that would edge on spoiler territory at this point in time.

gotcha. bit surprising no Grand helping in London. Still rooting for Gray to turn up there - She and matthew have a lot to connect on.

At this point the only flexibility I have with Daybit is his own skills; man isn't getting a Grand Contract unless something Really Weird happens between now and... well, given it took me two years to get to Okeanos thanks to the pandemic really crimping my work/life balance and everything else, maybe we'll see it by 2023. Or earlier if I can make sweeping changes.

perfectly fair - though i think we'll see LB 7 by next summer, personally expecting Montezuma and Tezcatocapila (probably misspelled that) to appear there

Nope. Not using Noah because he doesn't remotely fit my narrative and I'm not gonna scramble it to fit him in.

Probably for the best

Noahs a bit ... Much for matthew to deal with and he doesn't fit very well beast nero can probably be a voice in nero's head that matthew can freak the f*** out at.

Took me an entire week to read this thing. It helped a lot in tuning out some in-fighting between the family while on Christmas Eve dinner, so thank you.

A thought occurs. Given hinako and Xiang Yu's hidden natures, since the masters are being slightly altered by their primary contracts, how would hinako be affected?

she's a Zhenren - a nature spirit and he's a robot based on the designs of Nezha mechanical Paopai body

We all know if it was Gao she contracted, she'd need a mask too due becoming TOO PRETTY TO HANDLE! :rofl:

Alien God: Oh, looks like these guys are waking up early. Guess I'll kick things off as soon as the singularities are resolved then! That'd actually work better, since the human order wouldn't have had time to reestablish itself yet!

Alien God: Oh, looks like these guys are waking up early. Guess I'll kick things off as soon as the singularities are resolved then! That'd actually work better, since the human order wouldn't have had time to reestablish itself yet!

I had to hit funny, because if you had my author notes you'd be laughing too.

Evilly, that is.

Speaking of that how is Kirschtaria going to be affected by his contract? And in a similar vein how far are the changes going to go anyway?

i don't know how far the changes would go, but i could see kirshtaria's body becoming less fragile, possible even moreso around bodies of water.

i know Kadoc's becoming immune to cold temperatures, possibly mystic eyes of penetration or lesser grade equivalant?

i can't remember what's changing with Ophelia. if anyone could remind me or correct me on the above if wrong, feel free.

I have thought of something for hinako though - since Xiang Yu has a super computer brain, Hinako could be passively becoming better in tactics! she might have already gone from E- to E! why, by the start of London, dare i say, her tactical skills might have rised to D! Dramatic fanfare!

I had to hit funny, because if you had my author notes you'd be laughing too.

Evilly, that is.

mwahahaha~ MWAHAHAHAHA!!

Last edited:
So @Blinktwice13, looks like you gravely misjudged a certain Beast candidate. Though to be fair, I doubt anyone saw that reveal coming.

She's basically a composite entity much like a certain adorable Assassin-class bundle of joy and murder, made up of the animals who perished in the Tunguska explosion in 1908. Her grudge against Humanity comes from the dying animals believing their deaths were the result of some human weapon, not knowing that humans had nothing to do with it. She modeled herself after Tamamo, but she's got no actual connection to either her or the real Daji, who was a Beast in her own right with the Sin of Collapse.

Oh, and she's not a vixen at all; she's a wascawwy wabbit, sympathizing more with prey than predators (esp. Humans). Those are rabbit ears and a rabbit tail, not fox ears and a fox tail.

So @Blinktwice13, looks like you gravely misjudged a certain Beast candidate. Though to be fair, I doubt anyone saw that reveal coming.

She's basically a composite entity much like a certain adorable Assassin-class bundle of joy and murder, made up of the animals who perished in the Tunguska explosion in 1908. Her grudge against Humanity comes from the dying animals believing their deaths were the result of some human weapon, not knowing that humans had nothing to do with it. She modeled herself after Tamamo, but she's got no actual connection to either her or the real Daji, who was a Beast in her own right with the Sin of Collapse.

Oh, and she's not a vixen at all; she's a wascawwy wabbit, sympathizing more with prey than predators (esp. Humans). Those are rabbit ears and a rabbit tail, not fox ears and a fox tail.

Hhhhh yeahhh I have… opinions… on that. Given Manaka breached the Moon Cell in story we'll say she found Vitch there and roll with that.

-lovingly pats 'Canon What Canon' sign-

Happy New Year!

...Thinking on it, surprised Manaka hasn't summoned Douman to help - given his ability to tamper with saint graphs and his revelry in destruction and despair while following the orders of the Alien God, he seems like an ideal secondary support for manaka's actions.

Happy New Year!

...Thinking on it, surprised Manaka hasn't summoned Douman to help - given his ability to tamper with saint graphs and his revelry in destruction and despair while following the orders of the Alien God, he seems like an ideal secondary support for manaka's actions.
Yeah, Alter Ego Douman is also a High Servant influenced by his components. He had the Slavic God Chernobog, the Aztec goddess Ītzpāpālōtl(and boy was this one a surprise) and Fujiwara no Akimitsu( a minister of the Eian era that he knew in life, who ended up being called The Minister of the Left with Evil Spirits)
As a Caster he may not be as evil, but being influenced by the God of Darkness, Sickness, Evil, Destruction, Death and the Night as well as a man who decided to kill Lord Michinaga's daughters via curse, asking Douman for said Curse, and actually getting it to work on the Emperor, because of a snub? Yeah, Ītzpāpālōtl can't really do much here, poor woman......at least Douman may be good with kids

Don't forget fionn in his interlude tells us he knows what the ember hands are and their most likely goetias way of gathering wisdom he doesn't have like that damn salmons.

4 or 5 questions have occurred to me:

1: how many humans survived the detonation Lev caused in this Chaldeas? I know the canon version is less than 20, but this chaldeas feels like more of them are about, especially mages.

2: is the servant resummoning system still functioning - the one that summons servants with recorded saint graphs back if they die with the memories of their last recording?

3: Does hinako have a Catalyst for Gao to summon him before london? given the rest had prepared catalysts, i wouldn't be surprised if she held onto his mask and brought it with her.

4 & maybe 5: what are the rest of the masters responsibilities while Ritsuka and his team are doing the main singularities? are they just on standby or dealing with lesser singularities if they pop up while ritsuka's out/we cut ahead in time?

4 or 5 questions have occurred to me:

1: how many humans survived the detonation Lev caused in this Chaldeas? I know the canon version is less than 20, but this chaldeas feels like more of them are about, especially mages.

2: is the servant resummoning system still functioning - the one that summons servants with recorded saint graphs back if they die with the memories of their last recording?

3: Does hinako have a Catalyst for Gao to summon him before london? given the rest had prepared catalysts, i wouldn't be surprised if she held onto his mask and brought it with her.

4 & maybe 5: what are the rest of the masters responsibilities while Ritsuka and his team are doing the main singularities? are they just on standby or dealing with lesser singularities if they pop up while ritsuka's out/we cut ahead in time?

1. So around 50ish survived, not including Roman, Ritsuka, Mash, and the Team A members coming back.

2. It is, but as no fatalities have occurred yet the three protagonists (Ritsuka, Mash, Matthew) are mostly unaware.

3. She does, but Chaldea hasn't had enough energy to spare for another round of summons for a bit. I would have done it sooner, but update rate is slow because reasons I've mentioned in thread. She'll get him before London.

4. They have a few duties. Kadoc is a professional Servant-Wrangler alongside Asako, Ophelia is helping Roman with admin while also acting in a similar capacity, Wodime will definitely be priority admin, and Hinako hides in the library because she still can't stand most of the people in Chaldea. That aside, they also do material retrieval missions and handle micro-singularities while Ritsuka and whoever his partner for the event/Singularity are on duty.

2. It is, but as no fatalities have occurred yet the three protagonists (Ritsuka, Mash, Matthew) are mostly unaware.

that makes sense, and good to know for the future

3. She does, but Chaldea hasn't had enough energy to spare for another round of summons for a bit. I would have done it sooner, but update rate is slow because reasons I've mentioned in thread. She'll get him before London.

hope things improve soon for you.

That aside, they also do material retrieval missions and handle micro-singularities while Ritsuka and whoever his partner for the event/Singularity are on duty.

Now my brain is considering the idea that Kadoc and Anastasia had to handle the first gudaguda event while matthew was sent to the 5th grail war singularity

oh that poor man :lol:

Last edited:
Hey I just thought of something aegis titania is the Seelie aspect so the reason it never integrated Walpurgisnacht is because it's unseelie right? Or is that not how it works.

Hey I just thought of something aegis titania is the Seelie aspect so the reason it never integrated Walpurgisnacht is because it's unseelie right? Or is that not how it works.

Walpurgisnacht does get integrated if I remember right. There hasn't been a lot of defined Unseelie stuff outside of mana leakage.

I have it all written up (statistically) - have for a while - and I'm excited to finally get there. When I can.

Also, keep in mind that there's been implications that Morgan has been Less Than Forthcoming with a fair few things regarding Matt. So there may be a curveball or three.

Back