Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
when all the foreign dignitaries start paying more attention to the maid radiating eldritch power than the actual rulers

Loving this, Sunset acting like a petulant child that found out their mom had to get up to go to work after they sneaked into the parent´s bed after a nightmare.

I mean Voice is a powerful entity, this kind of "servant play" is more or less for their amusement, it is not that hard to imagine. Voice must have been on the "POWERFUL ENTITY" side of the "play" a lot of times, playing the servant should be different enough to provide some amusement. It´s why we play RPGs honestly. I can see why she would be disturbed by it, but I think I understand why Voice would enjoy it. It´s not like it is really anything hard for Voice, pretty sure they do not even posses the concept of fatigue, keeping her anchor fed and happy via mundane means should be trivial.

TFC!
It seems like Sunset's discomfort is mostly from the dissonant acting:
I had to hold back a scream. The dissonance between words that reverberated with power and the docile content of those words was just completely wrong! Her weighty presence compared to Her body language only exacerbated the issue.
I feel like Voice would have adjusted if Sunset told her she can still sense Voice's true nature.

... Ah. Which ones: The Anon Hell or Displaced Character Assassinations?

Was personally thinking of the latter. But the "weird green faceless humanoid" is also not a fun genre to see. Cmon, at least give them a name! Like, even just "Bob".

But ah, don't want to go too far off into off-topic direction.

Point is: there are definitely stories, whether written down or lived, that Voice will find dreadfully boring. Most likely people who have everything handled and who just don't strive for anything at all. Just existing and not even having fun. Just existing. Like watching the paint dry, but it's a person moving through what one could, technically, call life.

Though, hm. Voice will probably feel they are still interesting enough to watch. If only for the novelty.

Though... Someone who basically dedicates themselves to making other's stories boring and painful in unexciting way might be it? Dunno

Was personally thinking of the latter. But the "weird green faceless humanoid" is also not a fun genre to see. Cmon, at least give them a name! Like, even just "Bob".
Pretty sure nowadays they call them "Dreams" jk

... Ah. Which ones: The Anon Hell or Displaced Character Assassinations?

Are the Character assassinations one the Expo inserts? Or am I thinking of another terrible trend.

I mean Voice is a powerful entity, this kind of "servant play" is more or less for their amusement, it is not that hard to imagine. Voice must have been on the "POWERFUL ENTITY" side of the "play" a lot of times

We are talking Call of Cthulhu levels of power difference here where only the absolute weakest and most pitiful outsiders would need anything from a corporeal entity. The rest have their own ecosystem and its implied voice is effectively on the weaker end as an entity that isn't fundamentally a predator.

That said, any story where Voice is either the protagonist or antagonist in has likely already been done, after all its not particularly hard for her to be the big bad and she could easily be a party member for the hero without an issue either, its just that it isn't interested in a story centered around it, rather voice is interested in the mortal struggle on every level, voice is also a hypocrite on some level seeing despite this interest in drama and the struggle to survive and thrive voice is actively removing the stake of death and permanent bodily harm.

voice is also a hypocrite on some level seeing despite this interest in drama and the struggle to survive and thrive voice is actively removing the stake of death and permanent bodily harm.
I mean, Voice is more or less the Author/Reader insert here. I am all for enjoying a story...but I would do a bit of backseating when given the opportunity, so it is perfectly in tune to what Voice is.

implied voice is effectively on the weaker end as an entity that isn't fundamentally a predator.
Implied in story that voice isn't that strong comparatively speaking yes.

The idea that predators are always the strongest ones has always been kinda weird to me though. Like elephants are herbivores and hippos are mostly herbivores but despite not being predators nobody smart fucks around with them because then they find out.

Harmony in equestria may fill a similar ecological niche on a more eldritch scale

But ah, don't want to go too far off into off-topic direction.

Point is: there are definitely stories, whether written down or lived, that Voice will find dreadfully boring. Most likely people who have everything handled and who just don't strive for anything at all. Just existing and not even having fun. Just existing. Like watching the paint dry, but it's a person moving through what one could, technically, call life.

Though, hm. Voice will probably feel they are still interesting enough to watch. If only for the novelty.

Though... Someone who basically dedicates themselves to making other's stories boring and painful in unexciting way might be it? Dunno

I feel like Voice just straight up is going to have a hard time finding boring stories, considering that they need to be summoned to a reality in order to be in it (at least I think that's how they work), the worlds they get summoned to probably all have magic; which is inherently not boring. Then the people who summon Voice are probably also likely not boring people, considering they are trying to summon a eldritch piece of kelp (Voice self describes as Flora in one of the earlier chapters, I think, probably misremembering). I mean its not impossible, but I don't think Voice would stick around for the summoners story if they happened to be boring, and Voice also is seemingly entertained easily; he got distracted by biology earlier I think.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, there are probably stories so bad or boring she wishes she never knew them.
There have to be some stories so debauched that even Voice has despised them.

One of my favorite aliases assigned by others is 'Enabler of Impossible Delusions.' Another set was 'Devious Demon of Despised Dreams,' 'Destroyer of Destined Dynasties,' and 'Demonstrator of Debauched Desires.'
Wait, never mind.

The more one knows about something the more picky you tend to get, Voice probably was expecting another generic "Take over the world" plot and instead got family drama and ponies.

The idea that predators are always the strongest ones has always been kinda weird to me though. Like elephants are herbivores and hippos are mostly herbivores but despite not being predators nobody smart fucks around with them because then they find out.
Sunset isn't quite certain that Voice's alleged comparative weakness isn't just specific to Her instead of being an herbivore-Outsider rule. After all, if She dedicates large amounts of Herself into low-energy realms with entertaining corporeals, She isn't exactly spending that time and attention on actually growing.

There have to be some stories so debauched that even Voice has despised them.

View: https://youtu.be/HlrZ3DKnQ0M?si=JXKwLHeWtW6RjSb_

Last edited:
Haven't you hurt poor Cel enough @Alivaril

How did you even bring yourself to do these things to her

I thought I knew you but now I see you for the danger you are

Edit: oh you know three houses ok I forgive you

Implied in story that voice isn't that strong comparatively speaking yes.

Harmony in equestria may fill a similar ecological niche on a more eldritch scale
Elephants and hippos are large pack animals. They defend against lone predators with collective violence or sacrificial tactics.

Voice suggested their ecological role was more like that of a hedgehog.

Voice got a maid kink? Gotta respect that madlad who summoned an eldritch horror from beyond time and space and insisted that it wear a maid uniform until it liked it/

Voice got a maid kink? Gotta respect that madlad who summoned an eldritch horror from beyond time and space and insisted that it wear a maid uniform until it liked it/
Voice didn't exactly need to be coerced into attire and acts that passively mess with the minds of those around Her for fun and prophets.

Last edited:
Back