Game, Set, [MAFIA]

Do people like pointless polls with their mafia?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I didn't answer this.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Wynaut?

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
I visited Shadell last night actually. I mentioned it in ny earlier post

@Shadell just a clarification do you want me to not answer any of the questions right now. Or, simply the lie bit? I mean I could also tell my drawback It shouldn't harm us so badly anyway and confirm we all have different drawbacks bit. Do you want me to do that?

I visited Toto.
The reason I think Meso's suspect is because of the earlier analysis on skilled players/newbies. Multiple people have commented this game on how well the scum have been playing, and I find it likely that a team of newbies with the exception of cyri would have gotten this far considering how quickly he switched out. If I'm understanding correctly, Tykan, me, and Swarmy are all Noobs, so that means Toto or Meso is scum.

Also, given Onedine claimed fool in thread, and pushed on Tykan with the fool justification, I think that, since the mafia know all the roles, they could have easily guessed that Toto was the last doc, and then killed him. As he was unlikely to be lynched anyways, I think that they would have chosen to go after him instead of Onedine unless there's something weird going on.

Watcher- Scia
Doctor-TotadilePlays
Cop-Meso -Visited Swarmingu, Innocent read
Fool-Swarmingu- Visited me, I was not informed of any scum targetting, and would have been a terrible lawyer pick.
Fool-Tykan- Visited YoungPyromancer
Fool-Young Pyromancer- Visited TotadilePlays

Okay, @Totadileplayz you can claim now.

The reason I think Meso's suspect is because of the earlier analysis on skilled players/newbies. Multiple people have commented this game on how well the scum have been playing, and I find it likely that a team of newbies with the exception of cyri would have gotten this far considering how quickly he switched out. If I'm understanding correctly, Tykan, me, and Swarmy are all Noobs, so that means Toto or Meso is scum.

Tykan is a vet.

Also, given that we've seemed to spot a big mistake around mechanics that's reversed what should have been a very unsuccessful play for town into a major win, I'm actually more suspect that the remaining two scum are new than that one is a vet.

I'm the doctor. There is very little point hiding this now, since you've 100% confirmed this to scum already, thanks.

Of course, if scum were to check my role last night (this would make sense, I was a prominent player with game experience, but pretty in the middle of the suspicion list, as intended D1) and there's only 1 doctor, they'd be able to know that they have a pretty good shot at A: Building towncred for IH on claiming tracker and B: getting town to vote the doctor, which is a double win for scum, since self-protecting and wine would make hitting me hard.

I cleared ondine earlier because, later dying after clearing ondine the day there was no deaths, it would be relatively obvious why I went along with a plan I said I didn't like much in the same post and cleared ondine, at least to ondine who'd hopefully know she'd been saved, but wouldn't really stand out in the moment.

Anyway, I'm relatively confident I can't get killed directly by mafia, but this compromises my ability to save others a good deal (douse>ignite ignores the doc's powers here; which is why I was so apocalyptic on that earlier, since scum should know it's effectively a strong-man wrt the Doctor's powers).

Something worth noting: scum was unlikely to kill a new player N1, QT, IH and I had had decent momentum to make us solid cover for scum. That left, essentially, 4 likely targets for protecitng. Ondine was the towniest D1, which made her the obvious kill target, which suggests that scum thought things through to some extent, but didn't go much deeper. Tykan and Cyri were also likely pretty good marks, and I skipped over them pretty evenly. Cyri's ragequit screams town to me, which leaves it very likely in my mind that either Tykan or Meso are scum, since that would significantly increase the success of my read on scum targetting ondine (in practice, Tykan would have been the less obvious protect target I think, which'd have been my actual pick for a kill as scum).

Since I've already decided to make arbitrarily scumreading Meso a running bit this game (initially because a single essentially unsupported read I'd refuse to abandon would be both in character and mildly scummy without putting me right on the chopping block).

[x] Vote Mesonoxian
Hold off on claiming everything until we have everyone else's claim. You can share what I lied about.

Well The Lie that First comes to mind when you mention that is the Can't get killed directly by Mafia bit. That does a couple of things. One it convinces scum to not you know kill you if you're the doctor, and two It helps protect me as a pure side-effect. It actually feels wrong simply sharing it. Since We can't protect ourselves. Since I'm confident the second drawback bit doesn't apply to you, I won't mention it here.

Scum Hopefully read it and took notice of it quickly piecing together that fact, and seeking to not waste any nightkills hopefully, and it was a worthwhile lie to keep around for both our sakes. Since I had no idea If i could keep my role hidden from them all game or not. I did try to look slightly scummy day as a cover to hope they didn't nk me night 1.

Okay now let's move onto the Drawback bit. I can't visit anyone twice unless there's no other choice. For instance if there's only me and shadell Left I could protect shadell for all subsequent nights, but I can't protect someone I've protected already a second time right now. That Being Said N1 I protected Qtesseract. N2 I protected Ondine. And N3 I protected someone currently alive. Due to my drawback it's a bad idea to broadcast this information. But, Because the Game Is Almost solved and there is a second doctor on hand. I visited Scia, because I thought keeping her alive today was impactful.

That is not my drawback at all, but does make sense, or we could just have 2 claimed doctors turtle each other for the rest of the game.

The details are a bit off, but that seems like a good faith answer to what I said.

Okay, @Scia who'd you visit and what'd you get, unless you see some value in keeping it quiet for now?

I got role blocked somewhat unsurprisingly, but I have a idea about the mechanics of the mafia players that I gained from this.
I will talk about that in a few hours.

Now that we have 2 confirmed cross-cases of town having different drawbacks as the same role pretty firmly say the scum are all among the 3 fools?

It's possible it's still only 1, or that you're lying about being a doctor.
I suppose it's true that I'm the only one that has complete certainty of it. But the other case is where the Drawbacks are effectively random. Some are the same while others are different. Even the principle of that seems unlikely to me. But, yeah. I suppose we should do more investigation regardless it's for the best no matter the circumstance.

Oh I get a goodbye post don't I.

Come on people. Bring honor to my house. Fight fight! Win win!

Also, given Onedine claimed fool in thread, and pushed on Tykan with the fool justification, I think that, since the mafia know all the roles, they could have easily guessed that Toto was the last doc, and then killed him. As he was unlikely to be lynched anyways, I think that they would have chosen to go after him instead of Onedine unless there's something weird going on.

I do think this is worth noting. Killing ondine proves A: I'm town, B: At least one of Tykan, Pyro, Swarmingu is scum. It short-circuits the one narrative that they had building and, particularly if both scum are fools, serves to kill off scum's best cover.

OTOH, it does mean Tykan comes out of the night looking bad, which may have been the point.

Friday evening
I'm a fool, with the ability to visit a person out of three randomly chosen.

Friday late evening
We're doing a roleclaim now? I'm a fool. We're not allowed to say our cards, although saying I can visit people is good enough I think.

Saturday: early morning
Oh yeah, claiming... That's a hard one. Shall I claim doc, fool or bodyguard... None of that can be proven now since they all visit someone. I think I'm going with fool.

Saturday: Around noon
Would love to answer that but solving the game via quoting your role pm is a no go. And to be honest you already told everyone the important parts.

Okay, these set out the initial claims. So, what's the case against each?

YoungPyromancer: Very scummy EoD play D3. However, was the first fool to claim and claimed an original flaw that was later duped. Additionally, cleared by the declared cop. Not many firm reads before pushing on Tykan D3, however, with the fool issues in play, pushing on Tykan D3 makes sense.

Swarmingu: Quiet and noncommittal in general, claimed, but delayed on flaw until later.

Tykan: Claimed a copied flaw, not very active in scumhunting in general.

Ultimately, I think the duped flaw is the biggest red flag at the moment. We have no real reason to presume there aren't duplicated flaws in some cases, but it's a very convenient claim, "I'm a fool, it works like that" that I don't like. This wouldn't necessarily clear either Swarming or YoungPyro even if Tykan flips red, but I'm willing to put some pressure here until we hear Scia's points.

[x] Vote Tykan

Back