Game, Set, [MAFIA]

Do people like pointless polls with their mafia?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • No.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I didn't answer this.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Wynaut?

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Yeah @Totadileplayz I thought you did a great job. And remember you're just going to lose and be wrong a lot in mafia. It's the nature of the game. If you're trying your hardest and having fun that's what matters man.

Yeah @Totadileplayz it was good to see you back and you did a great job. But this is a team activity, so even being great won't help if, sor example, the Cop gets tunnel vision day 4 or so.

Heee~ That was an experience!
Well, this was informative but I think I'm generally going to prefer playing when there's fluff I can bounce off of rather then mechanical puzzle-solving!

EBWOP, if the mafia don't know all the role drawbacks at first, it could be they scanned a fool and got their sheet, and therefore know the drawback and made a slip that way.
Nictis shared this post I overlooked with me in PMs. If I had found that, I think I could have turned things around at the end there.

@Nictis I wanted to say again how much fun I had. Thanks for running this. It went amazingly well for how experimental the set up was.

So question I'm asking you guys-
If I had say, claimed to have been the second doctor instead of a bulletproof, would that have let me avoid getting outed? Because I'm fairly sure THAT got me lynched more so then anything else.

If I had say, claimed to have been the second doctor instead of a bulletproof, would that have let me avoid getting outed? Because I'm fairly sure THAT got me lynched more so then anything else.
No. Totadile was obvious town and you were suspicious. It was more for me about how you said things than what you said. You had a sort of gleeful I'm getting away with something air about you that made me immediately take notice and not just because I already suspected Cyri.

No. Totadile was obvious town and you were suspicious. It was more for me about how you said things than what you said. You had a sort of gleeful I'm getting away with something air about you that made me immediately take notice and not just because I already suspected Cyri.
Thaaat's entirely right and I figured as such-even if I had a good answer I was just too suspicious at that point.

Thaaat's entirely right and I figured as such-even if I had a good answer I was just too suspicious at that point.
Claiming Doctor would still have been the right call, mind you- it's valuable enough that you probably aren't going to be killed that day without a counter-claim, and a counter-claim tells you who the second Doc is

Doctor would have been counterclaimed immediately. Thus, the smart choice would have been bodyguard. Seriously why did mafia not claim that role?

Edit: That Being said, I'm pretty sure I did a terrible job. After All, I was cognizant that I was going to die that night. Yet, I still said nothing about it. Even if it was WINE it could have potentially caused the Scum to make the wrong decision back there to ensure a stop to the kill. IIRC I was hoping that Shadell would realize this on her own, but I was wrong.

Last edited:
Doctor would have been counterclaimed immediately. Thus, the smart choice would have been bodyguard. Seriously why did mafia not claim that role?

Edit: That Being said, I'm pretty sure I did a terrible job. After All, I was cognizant that I was going to die that night. Yet, I still said nothing about it. Even if it was WINE it could have potentially caused the Scum to make the wrong decision back there to ensure a stop to the kill. IIRC I was hoping that Shadell would realize this on her own, but I was wrong.

My hope was that I'd protect Scia (who you couldn't protect anymore), you'd protect me and Scia would watch you, meaning that we'd form a neat triangle where scum either failed or outed a member. Since you'd 'slipped' and claimed protecting Scia before, that established the direction to go, which made the play possible without explicitly warning scum off.

OTOH, I also thought it obvious enough that scum would pragmatically be forced to target out of the triad that night, but didn't trust the wine enough to actually go for the risky play and protect someone else at random.

Claiming Doctor would still have been the right call, mind you- it's valuable enough that you probably aren't going to be killed that day without a counter-claim, and a counter-claim tells you who the second Doc is

They'd basically worked out the player list at that point I believe, so it wouldn't have helped much. Zaea claiming doctor would still have visited me on the night I was roleblocked.

I'd have committed from the get-go to not have the last scum take any action until 1 or more have died and have them claim bulletproof while the killer claimed fool and the last remaining claimed bodyguard. Setting up the claims D1 would have let you act accordingly to prep for needing to use them, and even potentially 'slip' a bit early on for the bodyguard/fool with all the info-bleed going on. You'd also have been able to avoid the accident where two people claimed one fool slot.

You might have needed to adjust if claims came out looking bad for that, but working from a loose plan from the start would have made it so the only non-visiting role couldn't be caught visiting and the one visitor who couldn't be a bodyguard (the only person to visit a dying player) wouldn't be forced to claim bodyguard.

Back