I wonder if the US or Australia have similar myths which'd invoke fear? Europe likely does due to its long history, as does Native American/Australian myths, but I don't actually know anything (speaking as a modern Oz native) which would intimidate me of my own mythology.

Or, uh, anything about my mythology in the first place. That's probably a good part of why

Australia and America are functionally part of Europe, Canada too when you get down to it, and South America to some degree as well.

The legends of America are the legends of those who crossed oceans to get here, the records of places and events, the tales of heroes and, to a greater extent, the villains faced down. Battles fought, vast structures erected. The who, at the individual level, might slip past us, but we have the where and when. I know who Richard Nixon is, what Watergate was, but the reporter, the actual man, not off the top of my head.

Come to think of it America erased a lot of its local traditions, didn't it.
I know there's some, like Coyote and whatnot, but I don't see them used in popular culture, or even in stuff that specifically mines for it like Scion (the tabletop).

La Llorona's regionally famous (and way creepier)
Fun fact: That particular legend has versions all over Latin America. Which makes sense, "The Weeping Mother" is an universal archetype.
You could probably HSize it as one that represents all those traditions found on the continent.

Come to think of it America erased a lot of its local traditions, didn't it.
I know there's some, like Coyote and whatnot, but I don't see them used in popular culture, or even in stuff that specifically mines for it like Scion (the tabletop).
Comes with erasing most of the people having those traditions, although apocalyptic death plague wiping out most of the northern continent before Europeans could come in and record stuff or take slaves is a big part of why we wiped out more than Central and South America did.

Also, keep in mind that the English purposely eliminated the natives in a way that the French and Spanish never did. If there's one thing that the English are bad at, historically, it's coexistence with the natives. Just look at apartheid South Africa.

Also, keep in mind that the English purposely eliminated the natives in a way that the French and Spanish never did. If there's one thing that the English are bad at, historically, it's coexistence with the natives. Just look at apartheid South Africa.
I mean, fun topic, but how did we get to this on a thread about Fate/GO?

Speaking of which, got my Jalter on the last round of rate ups, so she's in line to be maxed right after Mysterious Heroine X.

I mean, fun topic, but how did we get to this on a thread about Fate/GO?

Speaking of which, got my Jalter on the last round of rate ups, so she's in line to be maxed right after Mysterious Heroine X.

It was asked where the United States and Australia's mythology were, which in context the reply was that those countries have native mythologies, but the dominant populations are not native, and hence the dominant mythologies are those of the people who did the colonizing.

Honestly, this is all a bit off topic, your second sentence included, what with this being a story thread, and not actually the F/GO general discussion thread.

Frankly, ijust wanted to get the topic away from protocols of colonization, as that gets out of hand rather rapidly.

To get back into the story, which saberfaces do you think will get along best with which siblings? Worst?

I think MHX would be simultaneously a great friend for the sister and the brother's worst nightmare

I think Ritsuka has a decent chance of a good relationship with any of them once he asserts his male dominance.

...Okay, that's not the best way to put it. Once he proves himself worthy of respect, they will all respect him.
Once Morded's issues are addressed, she will be easy enough to deal with, but Nero will always be a pain.

I think Ritsuka has a decent chance of a good relationship with any of them once he asserts his male dominance.

...Okay, that's not the best way to put it. Once he proves himself worthy of respect, they will all respect him.
Once Morded's issues are addressed, she will be easy enough to deal with, but Nero will always be a pain.
I'm betting on Lily, cause she's just a fusion between Saber and Mash

Back